• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Why wouldnt they load ps3 version up when they did psv version on psn :/.

Because PSN is separated by system rather than being one big collective. My guess is they had the Vita downloads more ready since they knew FFX-2 was not going retail. It will probably be up by Thursday.

So torn. First off, I don't want x2 and 40 bucks seem like a lot in that case. Second, I cannot decide between ps3 and vita. It's killing me - I want that beautiful game on my tv screen and my OLED. Shit really should have been cross buy - 80s just too much for the full meal ticket.

Advice?

Buy Vita version, sell voucher for 20 bucks. The voucher works on any system and does not require the card IIRC.

Hollycat

So torn. First off, I don't want x2 and 40 bucks seem like a lot in that case. Second, I cannot decide between ps3 and vita. It's killing me - I want that beautiful game on my tv screen and my OLED. Shit really should have been cross buy - 80s just too much for the full meal ticket.

Advice?

Go Vita. It's the same game but on the go. Can't you imagine putting in some good headphones and listening to the amazing soundtrack while on a bus? or in bed? or on the roof of some guy named Pablo's house?

AmanoBuff

Holy crap. Just started the game and watched the intro CG cinematic. You guys weren't kidding when you said the CG looks a LOT better on Vita. Seriously, I'm surprised how good that opening CG was. Bravo Square. I applaud you
citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif

Glad you are enjoying it. I'll start playing in a few minutes!

Why wouldnt they load ps3 version up when they did psv version on psn :/.

Perhaps it's taking longer because of the size? (PS3 version is more than 20GB, while Vita is 'only' about 7GB).

Buy Vita version, sell voucher for 20 bucks. The voucher works on any system and does not require the card IIRC.

Go Vita. It's the same game but on the go. Can't you imagine putting in some good headphones and listening to the amazing soundtrack while on a bus? or in bed? or on the roof of some guy named Pablo's house?

Thanks fellas. I know I'm being a siss but I just wish I could grab ffx vita for 20 and be done with it. Would be a no brainier. Guess I should just nut and get er done.

Perhaps it's taking longer because of the size? (PS3 version is more than 20GB, while Vita is 'only' about 7GB).

You are probably right. If the Vita versions are 3.5 GB each, and we know the PS3 retail disc is about 20 GB, the games might be 9-10 GB each on PSN. I would imagine that is why they are not on the store at the same time. The same file size differences happened with Sly: Thieves in Time. Although that game was better handled digitally.

Animekatt

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Besaid Theme was one of the best songs in this game... SO upset now...
That's my only complaint so far. Rest of the game is splendid

I was disappointed when I heard it on YouTube. Maybe it will grow on me once I play through the game... But still...

fernoca

And just did this! :p
The weird thing is that I'm probably the only one buying the retail version on Vita, getting the code for X-2 (and the 3 cards hopefully) and trading the X cart. I only wanted X-2. My favorite of the two. Asked around if anyone was willing to sell me X-2 only but no response, so ended doing that. Will use the credit towards Metal Gear Solid. :p
...and now to work. :(

Redeemed the code...will download when I get home. Trade-in value was higher than expected at $16.50. The employee was nice enough to do everything in the same transaction. Usually you're supposed to pay first. Though I was getting a $20 PSN Card anyway for Metal Gear; so the savings was not as apparent but still there.

Got the 3 cards too! :)

jackal27

Banned
Well thanks a lot guys. I'm $40 poorer and 2 Final Fantasy games I never played richer. Bought the Vita versions. I loved the SNES Final Fantasy games and the PSone games as well. VI and IX are my favs. Didn't dig XIII. Will I really enjoy this?

Flandy

Just to say how glad I am so many gamers here getting the Vita version. It's an awesome little machine.

Getting this on Vita for two reasons.

1. I don't really know how to explain. I just feel more compelled to play it when it's on there? More comfortable? Not really sure.

2. To show Square that people do in fact buy Vita games. Gotta show dat support yo to get more stuff like this in the future

is the vita version 60 FPS???

Both versions are 30fps

Getting this on Vita for two reasons.

1. I don't really know how to explain. I just feel more compelled to play it when it's on there? More comfortable? Not really sure.

2. To show Square that people do in fact buy Vita games. Gotta show dat support yo to get more stuff like this in the future

Both versions are 30fps
sucks

RetroMG

So I bought this through the app just now, and it's giving me the option to download to the PS3, the Vita, or both. I was not under the impression that this was a cross-buy. What the hell, I told it to do both.

I purchased from Gamestop a few nights ago and chose pickup at store. Supposedly they give me a call when my order is ready, and I haven't gotten a call today. What the Hell? I'm tempted to just go in anyway.

bobawesome

It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination but the graphics seem a little inconsistent in the early areas of the game so far.

Flandy

So I bought this through the app just now, and it's giving me the option to download to the PS3, the Vita, or both. I was not under the impression that this was a cross-buy. What the hell, I told it to do both.

It isn't cross-buy. Either it glitched and you got both or you're paying $80

fernoca

As noted, all Vita games can be downloaded to the PS3 for backup/whatever. It is not cross-buy. ;)

laoni

Well thanks a lot guys. I'm $40 poorer and 2 Final Fantasy games I never played richer. Bought the Vita versions. I loved the SNES Final Fantasy games and the PSone games as well. VI and IX are my favs. Didn't dig XIII. Will I really enjoy this?

It's hard to say. For some, FFX was the beginning of the end, and for others, it's their top. FFX is rather linear, and the protagonist can be incredibly grating, but to me, FFX is my favourite of them all. The world just really engages me.

X -2 is kinda the weirdo, it plays like a fast paced, real time FF5, and compared to FFX 's more serious tone, is very poppy and Charlie's Angels like. But Yuna from...Chapter 3 onwards is amazing, I'm, and she has one really great speech which shows just how much she's grown since X. A lot of people slammed it for the tone change, so it's not as well received as X

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
Is the digital vita version 2 seperate files or 1 huge file with both games in.

I don't have enough room to save both on my memory card.

Xiul

Vita version bought! downloading remotely from work right now.
I will finally get to play FFX, hopefully XII will fallow shortly.

Comet

Waiting to finish my day in the office so I can go home and download this on the Vita....

Damn it, it's been a long day of waiting.

Nasser

Vita version is here! I'm putting this game aside and play MGS since it's shorter and then tonight I might start on this! This will be my first time finishing it! I'm so excited :D

If you like IX, you will enjoy X. X doesn't have the story IX did, but the gameplay is still in prime factor. You have to laugh at the goofy plot and enjoy the combat.

Top Bottom