• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

rataven

The goods are all here!

I wish they'd given the strategy guide the hardcover treatment. Would have been gorgeous. Now I just have to beat the final boss in Lightning Returns and then I can return to Spira.

I just got the text message from Amazon saying my package was delivered but I'm still stuck at work. Goddammit. At least I have the FFX soundtrack to keep me company. ;_;

Ghazi

I've never owned a CE of anything, but this thing feels amazing. I expected the art "prints" to be cheap paper, but they seem to be at least on some kind of heavy card-stock.

I'm sure someone's posted some pics already, but here's a few more:

bukaZd3.jpg

uy0ki7f.jpg

RUqKsPT.jpg

Wat. I can't find those prints in mine, where they be?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Lol @ the credits option on the main menu spoiling the endings of both games within 20 seconds. Wtf

I just watched it and wasn't paying attention. It's been a long while since I beat it so I can't remember a thing.

Sub resolution or not, this looks really damn nice on Vita.

Flandy

There's no clear warning anywhere that that's what it is.

I actually clicked it when I first booted up the game and then found out I was unable to leave to the main menu. Had to reboot the game because I was not going to sit through that lol

Fired up the game just to check out the menu and received a swift punch in the feels by that soundtrack.

Nobuo Uematsu is one of the best composers of our time. The story, the characters, the emotions, heck the Final Fantasy series itself would not have had as big of an impact on gaming culture without Uematsu. Fuck anyone that says otherwise.

Straight up, I don't rate FFX the game all that highly, but imo FFX does have the best FF soundtrack, which is high praise indeed considering how amazing some of his others are.

I'm having second thoughts when it comes to buying this for the vita..............
i mean i beat the game when i was like 14 or 15 like almost 8-9 years ago.
like its an international edition so there is new content, and it would be like similar to me finishing chrono trigger like up to 7-8 times like i did even before that.................

but the thing is.... giving my money to SE? after they treated us soo badly with that triology crap of FF13... i don't know man............ maybe i'll wait and just buy the vita game used or get it from a friend........(i'll definitely buy XV though)

LiquidMetal14

I actually clicked it when I first booted up the game and then found out I was unable to leave to the main menu. Had to reboot the game because I was not going to sit through that lol

Same. I can't believe you can't exit that manually. Oh well, moving on from that. At least it serves as a warning to newcomers.

LiquidMetal14

I'm having second thoughts when it comes to buying this for the vita..............
i mean i beat the game when i was like 14 or 15 like almost 8-9 years ago.
like its an international edition so there is new content, and it would be like similar to me finishing chrono trigger like up to 7-8 times like i did even before that.................

but the thing is.... giving my money to SE? after they treated us soo badly with that triology crap of FF13... i don't know man............ maybe i'll wait and just buy the vita game used or get it from a friend........(i'll definitely buy XV though)

These are both solid games and look amazing on Vita. I have no problems giving them money for this when it's done well and on Vita, it's portable FF-X/X-2.

It looks really damn good on the Vita.

Straight up, I don't rate FFX the game all that highly, but imo FFX does have the best FF soundtrack, which is high praise indeed considering how amazing some of his others are.

But some of the best tracks on the FFX soundtrack are from Hamauzu.

The FFX soundtrack is amazing because it is a collaboration between 3 different composers who all contribute very unique sounding tracks.

RPGCrazied

Man. I love Amazon Prime, but UPS that is associated with that can suck it. lol, might not get it until tomorrow, which is weird.

CarJeter

Neo Member
Same. I can't believe you can't exit that manually. Oh well, moving on from that. At least it serves as a warning to newcomers.

Actually, when you press L1,L2,R1,R2,Start and Select at the same time you get to the main menu again. Learned it the hard way when I was raging in X-2 Last Mission lol.

McDougles

Man. I love Amazon Prime, but UPS that is associated with that can suck it. lol, might not get it until tomorrow, which is weird.

I live in a small apartment complex. 3 floors; store front, my apartment, neighbour's apartment. No joke, UPS delivered my Xbox One to the walkway beside my apartment. Steps from a major street in Toronto.

I was so fucking mad, and lucky to have been wandering outside to check.

B.K.

So what's the difference between the Expert Sphere Grid and the normal one?

The Expert Sphere Grid is more open and lets you cross paths for more customization from the beginning of the game. The Standard Sphere Grid is more closed off and you can't cross paths until near the end of the game.

Holmes

Has anyone been able to confirm if cross-saves between R1 and R3 versions of the game work? (More specifically, R3 Vita version and R1 PS3 version)

These are both solid games and look amazing on Vita. I have no problems giving them money for this when it's done well and on Vita, it's portable FF-X/X-2.

It looks really damn good on the Vita.

U right maybe I should, i mean maybe it will force them to release FF Type 0 on vita hopefully.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
GAF tell me I don't need the Vita version when I already got the PS3 Limited Edition.

ryushe

So I booted up my PS3 copy just a few minutes ago and...

The Vita version looks good, but the PS3 version looks Mmhh, Mmmhhh GOOD!

Ghazi

Yeah, me LE doesn't have the prints. How lame.

Or I'm just being really stupid and can't find them in this tiny box.

Did anyone else do the same thing as me and order both this game and the Drakengard 3 Special Edition on the same order from S-E only to see that they won't be shipping FFX until Drakengard 3 releases in May?

I am so pissed. May Digital River die in and electrical fire.

Yay! Finally got the games. Since my PS3 is getting repaired, gonna dive into the Vita version right now!!

wow thats nice...

How does the new guide compare to the old ones? I have the original FFX guide but was thinking of getting the new one for international and X-2(which I never played) content

This is because Amazon is trying to ship stuff to you using Ground shipping instead of 2 day shipping now and just hoping it arrives in 2 days to save money. Oh and Prime prices are going up.

Top Bottom