• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

marrec

Banned
I'm freaking out. I can't believe I'm playing this game on my Vita. Visuals look very crisp and Tidus's voice is as bad as ever. I love it.

Levyne

Banned
Loading screens are a little irksome, yeah...

Oops. Accidentally cleared first Trial without the destruction sphere. I can go back in without leaving the island or do I have to load a save?

Oh man. I was bummed out because the LE was out of stock on Amazon. I decided to stop by Best Buy and they had one copy left! Can't wait to play.

Yeah, it's kind of embarrassing.

That aside, I'm about four hours into the game and I'm not really feeling it. I feel like I sorta got swept into the hype.

You probably should have done your research since this is a 13 year old game and practically the entirety of it is viewable on Youtube, but the game largely picks up once you get Rikku and can make your own weapons. The combat dispenses with the RPS approach and you can mix things up a bit (especially if you are using the master grid and actually level up Kimahri), and the story kicks into gear around that time

Meowster

Tidus's face actually looks better to me in motion. The eyes are little bit off but I think it was overall an improvement. Yuna is a huge difference though - in a good way.

LuuKyK

mPQ7Jci.jpg

haha.gif

ramyeon

So apparently this broke street date here in Australia. But going all digital means I have to wait until tomorrow night to download and play it :(

Velcro Fly

Both out on the same day. Good luck finding it at retail, though. :-(

This is the truth. I went to Target, Best Buy, and a GameStop and all I could find was a gutted copy at GameStop. Wasn't going to settle for maybe not getting X-2 because someone used the code. Finally Wal-Mart had a few sitting there when I went.

inner-G

Banned
"This may be our last chance."

It's like Squaresoft was saying goodbye to themselves and the series with one last hurrah. Nothing since in the series feels 'as classically Final Fantasy' as this does.

ubercheez

Hoo-boy... Movement in Green is the worst of the "enhanced" tracks so far. I was even okay with the Besaid island track, even if it is too sleepy, but man... MiG sounds really bad and it was my favorite piece of music in FFX.

Huh, you think so? It's one of the few tracks I've listened to the new version of (trying to preserve them all for the proper in-game experience), and I think it sounds amazing. A bit empty at first, but when the strings come in after a minute, it's perfect.

CarJeter

Neo Member
His face during FMVs are god awful. Doesn't even look like the same person.

Well, that was the problem since 2001... and after 13 years, everyone seems to accept that now lol. And I think their faces are supposed to look asian and they somehow couldnt make the regular in-game models to look like that

"This may be our last chance."

It's like Squaresoft was saying goodbye to themselves and the series with one last hurrah. Nothing since in the series feels 'as classically Final Fantasy' as this does.

The irony of your post is that people were screaming "this isn't FF" when it originally came out

Levyne

Banned
Ugh, reloading a save to get that sphere. Probably could have gotten it later but I'm paranoid. Wish there was scene skip

ramyeon

Huh? I think everyone looks better in the FMVs for FFX, I love that they went with an Asian look for them and I think it really compliments the visual style of the game. It's a shame the in-game models don't reflect that at all.

Bout to indulge.

Watching that starting cutsc-- TIDUS' EYES OH LAWD

Guys, Standard or Expert sphere grid? Never played the international version.

B.K.

Just got back from Gamestop with my copy. I'm going to eat a little bit, then put it in my PS3 and let it update the firmware so I can finally play. The guy working said my copy was the last Limited Edition set they had. I got their last copy of the PS3 version of Ground Zeroes, too.

It was always like that. Just look at the other characters. The models for the prerendered cutscenes don't look anything like the real time models.

aett

Huh? I think everyone looks better in the FMVs for FFX, I love that they went with an Asian look for them and I think it really compliments the visual style of the game. It's a shame the in-game models don't reflect that at all.

I think Yuna looks beautiful in the FMVs, but everyone else looks a bit off - especially Tidus, compared to his in-game model. I wish Kimahri's fur didn't look so plastic-like, too.

Huh, you think so? It's one of the few tracks I've listened to the new version of (trying to preserve them all for the proper in-game experience), and I think it sounds amazing. A bit empty at first, but when the strings come in after a minute, it's perfect.

I'll have to give it another shot when I get to the Djose road, but man, it really caught me off-guard.

Can anyone confirm that in order to upload our save to the cloud we have to quit the whole game and reload it in order to update it for syncing later for cross-play? Because this is mighty inconvenient right now and it's driving me nuts! I can't keep having to do this!

Cagey

Banned
Same day delivery limited edition greeting me in the mailbox tonight. Wish I could play before the weekend tho.

It's been nearly 8 years since I've played FFX (had ~3 play throughs) and 10 years since FFX-2 (only the one). HYPE.

Aeana

Bout to indulge.

Watching that starting cutsc-- TIDUS' EYES OH LAWD

Guys, Standard or Expert sphere grid? Never played the international version.

I personally prefer the expert grid because of how varied you can make your characters right from the start. Some people don't like it because it de-emphasizes the uniqueness of each character's ability set, but if you've played the original version before, I'd recommend giving the expert grid a shot this time around.

ZeroX03

Banned
Game Price:
$40USD PS3 / $40USD Vita

Release Date:
US: 18th March
ANZ: 20th March
Europe: 21st March

Are the games separate?
PS3 version comes with both games on one disc.
Vita version for US/Europe comes with a cart for X and a download code for X-2. The PSN version has both games bundled, separate downloads/bubbles though.
Vita versions of X and X-2 for Japan/Asia are sold separately. R3 is English dub and sub.
This game is not cross buy and Square Enix has stated there will not be an option to buy them separately.

What is the resolution?
PS3 version is 1080p (not sure if native). Vita version is sub-native. Both 30fps. Both look great.

What is the download size?
PS3 is 22.9GB, Vita is 3.4GB for X and 3.4GB for X-2. These sizes are slightly different for Europe.

Does the game support cross save?
Yes via syncing to the cloud. Cross saves are not cross region, although if you use the English patch on the Japanese PS3 version it will be considered US region for cross save purposes.

How do trophies work?
X and X-2 each have their own set of trophies and a Platinum trophy each. Trophies are shared between the PS3 and Vita versions and between regions, so you can only get one Platinum maximum per game. There is one missable trophy for collecting all Al Bhed Primers.

Does it support DualShock 4 on PS3?
Yes it does.

Should I buy the PS3 or Vita version?
The PS3 version has crisper, higher resolution graphics and a slightly more stable framerate. The Vita version is portable and has suspend - which helps for things like lightning dodging - and still looks great. They both have the same content. When in doubt...

Standard or Expert Sphere Grid?

This is up to you. First-time players will probably want to play the standard grid as it's straight-forward and easier, but is mostly linear until late in the game. The expert sphere grid allows you to build characters how you like but can be confusing if you don't know what you're doing. The expert sphere grid also has less nodes overall, but this doesn't really affect stat maxing. For trophy hunters, the expert grid will save you an hour or two. The standard sphere grid in the international version is actually slightly different from the U.S. version but it's not really noticeable.

What additional content is there?
Final Fantasy X is the international edition adds the aforementioned expert sphere grid. It also adds the Dark Aeons and Penance, optional bosses who are far tougher than any of the regular bosses in the game and add a significant challenge. There are some other small balance changes and bug fixes. For Europeans, this is the original version we got, so there's nothing new (except 60Hz!).

Final Fantasy X-2's international + last mission edition adds two dresspheres, new garment grids and the ability to capture monsters / recruit NPCs and have them join your team. This includes familiar faces from FFX. Last Mission is a rougelike game set after X-2's main story which has you scaling the Iutycyr Tower. This version has never been available in the U.S. or Europe.

How have the soundtracks been changed?
Final Fantasy X's soundtrack has been almost entirely remastered using real instruments and new mixes. X-2's audio stays the same. Vita audio is compressed while PS3 isn't.

Will my original US guide for X/X-2 still be worth using?
90% of the information will still be correct. Some items/enemy stats have slightly changed. You will need to look online for details about things like the Dark Aeons. The official X/X-2 Remaster guide doesn't go into great depth about them, you will probably want to research that online.

My Final Fantasy X-2 download code isn't working!
This issue appears to have been solved, but if your code still isn't working contact Sony and Square-Enix and try and organize a replacement. YMMV.

Crumbtiny

Anyone having a problem downloading X-2 for the Vita? I go to PSN store, hit Redeem Code and I'm told it's invalid.

Anyone else run into this issue?

So I'm checking out Split Infinity's guide over on Gamefaqs, and he suggests killing Auron and knocking Tidus down to low health in the first battle and keep defending until you learn Daredevil and Loner overdrive modes? So I'm trying this and it doesn't seem to be working at all, Tidus is at 40 health and Auron is dead and I keep pressing Triangle to defend and getting nothing.

Is this something that can be done/maybe was changed for the HD version?

Top Bottom