• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

I haven't been keeping up with the past 4 pages of the thread so I don't know if this has been discussed, but is there a way to have the save files auto-sync while I'm signed into PSN? Because there's no option to quit to the main menu while playing so syncing is a real bitch right now with having to exit to the home menu and start the game up again. Please tell me I'm a silly fool who is missing something and that this whole PS3/Vita sync system is a lot more convenient than it appears to be to me.

Cheddahz

Banned
...well, my PS3 won't read discs and I have to return it now. Looks like I won't be playing Final Fantasy X for probably another week

Man. I love Amazon Prime, but UPS that is associated with that can suck it. lol, might not get it until tomorrow, which is weird.

Mine isn't coming until tomorrow. Supposedly shipped on Sunday night, but there wasn't update to my tracking info until this afternoon when it arrived at a UPS facility 2 states away and updated to Wednesday delivery. Talked to Amazon and they extended my Prime membership for a month because of the delay though.

Went with the expert sphere grid. Figured I did standard back when I originally played the game during the first release, I might as well try out something new.

Animekatt

Is there any way to make Kimahri useful?

I honestly don't know, although I'm sure you can if you put him on someone else's path. I was so frustrated with him, because he would always do bad damage with spells, and his blue mage skills weren't that good to me. I will give him a fair chance this time!

nice the only thing i'm missing from there is the x-2 strat guide, enjoy!

Thanks. :)

wow thats nice...

How does the new guide compare to the old ones? I have the original FFX guide but was thinking of getting the new one for international and X-2(which I never played) content

I'm flipping through the book, and see that the coverage of X has 165 pages, and X-2 has 202 pages. In comparison, 269 pages for X, and 347 pages for X-2 standalones.

RPGCrazied

This is because Amazon is trying to ship stuff to you using Ground shipping instead of 2 day shipping now and just hoping it arrives in 2 days to save money. Oh and Prime prices are going up.

Yeah, I know about that price increase. Why can't they use FedEx instead? Save money I guess.

Its weird, the estimated delivery says end of day today, but it says in transit, not out for delivery. Its been in my city since like 5:30 am.

I'm having second thoughts when it comes to buying this for the vita..............
i mean i beat the game when i was like 14 or 15 like almost 8-9 years ago.
like its an international edition so there is new content, and it would be like similar to me finishing chrono trigger like up to 7-8 times like i did even before that.................

but the thing is.... giving my money to SE? after they treated us soo badly with that triology crap of FF13... i don't know man............ maybe i'll wait and just buy the vita game used or get it from a friend........(i'll definitely buy XV though)

The two bolded parts contradict.

My only problem with the faces is that Yuna's eyes occasionally look really empty. Also there was a time when someone said "she's smiling" except she wasn't.

Hubb

Yeah, I know about that price increase. Why can't they use FedEx instead? Save money I guess.

Its weird, the estimated delivery says end of day today, but it says in transit, not out for delivery. Its been in my city since like 5:30 am.

Are you just checking through Amazon's website or did you actually take the tracking number to UPS' website? Amazon's website seems slow in updating tracking info.

Korezo

Tidus and Yuna faces are so bad that they look like lower poly characters compared to the others. Graphics are shit on those two, it's so disappointing...

RPGCrazied

Are you just checking through Amazon's website or did you actually take the tracking number to UPS' website? Amazon's website seems slow in updating tracking info.

UPS page says:

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 03/18/2014, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Wednesday, 03/19/2014, By End of Day

I see an arival scan, and a destination scan for my city, but see no out for delivery time. Just says in transit.

newjeruse

Man, I forgot how bad the dialogue and voice acting in this game were. The game is still awesome though. The remaster looks beautiful. Some of the CG stuff looks almost current.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hey guys, I tested and can confirm that cross-save does support cross-region. Tested Japanese PS3 to U.S. PSV and it worked.

So I have two questions:

1. Google is no help, so what exactly do the destruction spheres do?
2. Is there a blatantly obvious point of no return so I can go and do all the side stuff?

I guess it'll depend on my impressions near the end but I don't think I could do consecutive playthroughs will all these cutscenes so I guess I'll try to 100% it in one go.

BjCyG6yCMAAdYxK.png:large

mPQ7Jci.jpg

Dragun619

Took a while but I manage to find a Vita copy at Walmart. Real disappointed to find two Gamestops receive only 4 Vita copies with each being preorders and two Bestbuy's having none at least, I guess until they receive their shipment.

Anyways, Real soaked to replay FFX again and maybe finally beat FFX-2.

bobawesome

Tidus and Yuna faces are so bad that they look like lower poly characters compared to the others. Graphics are shit on those two, it's so disappointing...

Yeah, it's kind of embarrassing.

That aside, I'm about four hours into the game and I'm not really feeling it. I feel like I sorta got swept into the hype.

squall211

Just fired up FFX on the Vita. Just an FYI to those debating which version to get (I got both), but those saying the Vita version looks amazing are not exaggerating at all.

Yeah Amazon has something of a special relationship with UPS and suffice it to say the tracking information isn't always as accurate as a traditional UPS shipment.

Flandy

Not busy anymore. Started playing it and Oh mah gawd. I seriously can't believe I'm playing this on the freaking Go. I have to leave for class in a few minutes though so I can't play for very long :(

so, vita owners, is the game native screen resolution? yay or nay?

Nay. Still looks really good though

Bankoiia

Is it just me or does the combat actually feel a lot faster and snappier in this version? It feels like I'm churning out battle commands non-stop. This could just be how the game has always been, though.

Magnus

These two new battle themes are going to take getting used to.

Playing this is surreal.

Also, yes, the dialogue and voice acting are actually more painful than I remember. And I played this about 6 years ago... Haha.

Fusebox

Banned
Just fired up FFX on the Vita. Just an FYI to those debating which version to get (I got both), but those saying the Vita version looks amazing are not exaggerating at all.

Good to hear, my Vita download is nearly complete. I was going to get both and start on PS3 but seeing as Vita has come out first, awaaaay we go.

Seda

Is it just me or does the combat actually feel a lot faster and snappier in this version? It feels like I'm churning out battle commands non-stop. This could just be how the game has always been, though.

I haven't played the remaster but this was one reason why I like the battle system in the original game, you can proceed through encounters fairly quickly, most animations are fairly short.

ZeroX03

Banned

The game always let you select battle commands before the animation of the previous action is fully completed. It really helps keep the pace going.

My Vita touchscreen has become unresponsive twice today.

That happens to me occasionally. Hit the power button, let the Vita go fully to standby (the blue light turns off) and then start playing again.

My guidebook got delayed afuckinggain. Was supposed to arrive 18th, now 20th, now 28th. Wanted to a proper breakdown of the contents compared to the old guides but it's unlikely now.

CLBridges

Package arrived about an hour ago and I'm an hour into FFX (Just got to Besaid). Man, can't believe the long wait since announcement has ended and the game looks and sounds great. I saw some screen shots prior to playing and had my reservations, but the game looks great in motion. I purchased the PS3 LE version from Amazon and I love that release day delivery.

I'm still getting used to the OST overhaul, with some of the themes not as bass heavy as I remember. But, it sounds great and I'm quickly remembering why this FF is one of my favorites of them all. I'll probably post more impressions later once I get the whole cast together and further progress the story.

aett

Hoo-boy... Movement in Green is the worst of the "enhanced" tracks so far. I was even okay with the Besaid island track, even if it is too sleepy, but man... MiG sounds really bad and it was my favorite piece of music in FFX.

Top Bottom