• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Shinta

Banned
Does anyone have a picture of the art cards that come with the vita version?

They're really nothing special at all. I got 3 cards, art on one side. One is the artwork version of the LE PS3 cover, the other two were in the X-2 CE guide way back when.

And they're small. They fit inside the Vita case.

ZeroX03

Banned
Found this unboxing of the EU Limited Edition.

It does come with a game case and artbook (separated). Pretty nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWjbB70r2bU

Argh, the proliferation of shitty unboxings hurts my head. But I love that we get the normal case separately for shelving purposes. The box itself reminds me of the Tales of Graces f edition we got though, looks lovely. Thanks for that.

Was able to put the JP saves onto the cloud, but then I get this error on PS3:

Hmmmm... my Japanese FFX is English patched, I don't think that changed the region code though. Will look into it more later today. (Also stick your images in quote tags so they get scaled down, less crowded)

Garland7G

One time overload of Vita screens from the 1st hour coming up....

2014-03-18-204042y2fxx.jpg

xdlpvUg.png
I took the same pic on PS3 how funny.

What's the difference between regular sphere grid and expert?

Aeana

ULTROS! (or a mod), would it be possible for you to update the first post? There's questions being constantly asked that should probably be added, as they're coming up on almost every page. Remind me if I forgot anything.

Game Price:
$40USD PS3 / $40USD Vita

Are the games separate?
PS3 version comes with both games on one disc.
Vita version for US/Europe comes with a cart for X and a download code for X-2. The PSN version has both games bundled, separate downloads/bubbles though.
Vita versions of X and X-2 for Japan/Asia are sold separately. R3 is English dub and sub.
This game is not cross buy and Square Enix has stated there will not be an option to buy them separately.

What is the resolution?
PS3 version is 1080p (not sure if native). Vita version is sub-native. Both 30fps. Both look great.

What is the download size?
PS3 is 22.9GB, Vita is 3.4GB for X and 3.4GB for X-2. These sizes are slightly different for Europe.

Does the game support cross save?
Yes via syncing to the cloud. The cross save may work cross region, it worked for me but not for another person.

How do trophies work?
X and X-2 each have their own set of trophies and a Platinum trophy each. Trophies are shared between the PS3 and Vita versions and between regions, so you can only get one Platinum maximum per game.

Does it support DualShock 4 on PS3?
Yes it does.

Should I buy the PS3 or Vita version?
The PS3 version has crisper, higher resolution graphics and a slightly more stable framerate. The Vita version is portable and has suspend - which helps for things like lightning dodging - and still looks great. They both have the same content. When in doubt...

Standard or Expert Sphere Grid?

This is up to you. First-time players will probably want to play the standard grid as it's straight-forward and easier, but is mostly linear until late in the game. The expert sphere grid allows you to build characters how you like but can be confusing if you don't know what you're doing. The expert sphere grid also has less nodes overall, but this doesn't really affect stat maxing. For trophy hunters, the expert grid will save you an hour or two. The standard sphere grid in the international version is actually slightly different from the U.S. version but it's not really noticeable.

What additional content is there?
Final Fantasy X is the international edition adds the aforementioned expert sphere grid. It also adds the Dark Aeons and Penance, optional bosses who are far tougher than any of the regular bosses in the game and add a significant challenge. There are some other small balance changes and bug fixes. For Europeans, this is the original version we got, so there's nothing new (except 60Hz!).

Final Fantasy X-2's international + last mission edition adds two dresspheres, new garment grids and the ability to capture monsters / recruit NPCs and have them join your team. This includes familiar faces from FFX. Last Mission is a rougelike game set after X-2's main story which has you scaling the Iutycyr Tower. This version has never been available in the U.S. or Europe.

Will my original US guide for X/X-2 still be worth using?
90% of the information will still be correct. Some items/enemy stats have slightly changed. You will need to look online for details about things like the Dark Aeons. The official X/X-2 Remaster guide doesn't go into great depth about them, you will probably want to research that online.

Quoting this for this page.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I made an iPhone 5 (and above) wallpaper, feel free to use, guys:

imageyiim2.jpg

Aeana

My FFX-2 activation code does not work. :(

Same here. The wording on the voucher is odd. It makes it sound like you have to download it on a PS3. It makes references to the XMB... which doesn't exist on the Vita...

It's been discovered that the FF10-2 voucher codes expired today, so a lot of people are having this problem. If you talk to Sony support, they have a way to get around it, but considering how widespread this issue is, something less ad hoc is going to have to be done.

Holmes

So someone was able to get cross-saves between regions to work, and the person who wasn't able to was due to an error. So I'm gonna go ahead and buy the Asian English versions for X and X-2. Pumped!

Animekatt

I made the mistake of listening to the credits/sound thingy... it's so long! There was no way to exit other than restarting the game, and now I might as well finish it before I start.

Haha I soon as I post this, it stopped. Onward to the game finally.

It's been discovered that the FF10-2 voucher codes expired today, so a lot of people are having this problem. If you talk to Sony support, they have a way to get around it, but considering how widespread this issue is, something less ad hoc is going to have to be done.
I just got off the phone with Sony support and was not offered any way around it, I was just told that I have to take the issue up with Square Enix since it is a third party game. And I thought I was done with S-E customer support today after cursing them out earlier for not shipping my PS3 FFX SE yet because I ordered the Drakengard 3 SE from them at the same time.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Thanks. I got a gutted copy from GS so I had assumed someone stole it.

dcassell

Banned
Same here. The wording on the voucher is odd. It makes it sound like you have to download it on a PS3. It makes references to the XMB... which doesn't exist on the Vita...

Code isn't working here either. Frustrating since X2 is the one I haven't played before

ZeroX03

Banned
Was able to put the JP saves onto the cloud, but then I get this error on PS3:

I'm currently at work so I cannot delve into this further without my PS3/Vita. I'll need to see if patching the JP version to English Text changes the region code or not, and I'll do some further testing. Will keep you updated.

Otherwise there are methods of changing the region of your save game.

EDIT: Also added "My download code for Final Fantasy X-2 isn't working!" to the FAQ. Contact Sony and SE for now, it's looking like a widespread problem. Some reviewers had their codes for X-2 work while others didn't.

Persona7

Banned
I just got off the phone with Sony support and was not offered any way around it, I was just told that I have to take the issue up with Square Enix since it is a third party game. And I thought I was done with S-E customer support today after cursing them out earlier for not shipping my PS3 FFX SE yet because I ordered the Drakengard 3 SE from them at the same time.

Wow, I am pretty sure Sony handles the code activations because this same exact thing happens every time I get a PSN code for something like pre-order bonuses. They almost never work on the day the game comes out because the team that updates the store is terrible.

MrBS

Thanks to digital river processing my order twice I've got four copies of the PS3 CE coming to me now instead of the two I originally ordered. I'd return them to DR but methinks it would be easier just to resell them. Hopefully there will be some interest here from my fellow geeks in AU ;)

Anyway I got the Vita version of FFX to 50% downloaded before heading to work. Awww. Nothing is going right with me and this game today.

Odd request here, but was wondering if anyone had an image of the FFX logo (as in the iPhone wallpaper posted above) without the title (i.e. just the blue/red image of Yuna)? Would like to put it on a key ring.

great..

I don't feel like dealing with this tonight. I'll see if my code works tomorrow before calling them.

Thanks to digital river processing my order twice I've got four copies of the PS3 CE coming to me now instead of the two I originally ordered. I'd return them to DR but methinks it would be easier just to resell them. Hopefully there will be some interest here from my fellow geeks in AU ;)

Anyway I got the Vita version of FFX to 50% downloaded before heading to work. Awww. Nothing is going right with me and this game today.
Worst major online retailer currently operating in the US by far. I told them that on the phone today too, lol

Just tried my vita FFX2 code and it says it's invalid.

Great, now what?

How do you screw something like this up so badly? Unbelievable.

RPGCrazied

Got to besaid island. Really loving the remaster. Sure Tidus's face is a little weird, but it looks okay in motion. But the updated outfits are awesome. It actually looks like black leather on Tidus.

Some of the new tunes aren't so hot, but some are updated for the better. Also, I don't remember the PS2 version having this bad of lip syncing? Maybe it does and I don't remember. its like when the last word of a sentence is said, their mouths are still moving.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Updated the OT with ZeroX03's info, thanks!

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, I remember the lip sync of Kingdom Hearts blowing my mind compared to the fish lips of FFX. Not that KH doesn't have its own share of those :p

ULTROS!

I'll be honest but the models look cleaner and better than LRFFXIII... Well not the CGs of course.

fernoca

Weird turn of events with the X-2 code problem on Vita it seems.

I redeemed mine close to 4PM today abd no problems. People that got the code earlier were also able to redeem it. Seems the problem happened as the store updated later(?).

Sucks for those affected anyway. Hopefully SE will solve things in a promptly manner...and get their act together when it comes to PlayStation codes. Tomb Raider GOTY PS3 codes were Xbox 360 codes and to get a working code you had to contact them and email them the code and receipt... taking 2-3 days to get back at you.

terrible

Banned
I picked up a copy for Vita earlier tonight. I can't wait to play it. Being able to play FFX while in bed is probably going to cost me some sleep though. That's unfortunate.

We might not want to keep using that long ZeroX03 information post until people are certain which region cross-saves are compatible and which aren't. Import games from places like Play-Asia aren't cheap.

Aeana

We might not want to keep quoting that long information post until people are certain which region cross-saves are compatible and which aren't. Import games from places like Play-Asia aren't cheap.

Huh? The thing says that he's not sure if it will work for everyone. But it includes the answers to all kinds of other questions that people keep asking every page.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Trying to transfer the games from PS3 to Vita. Using USB. The transfer keeps reaching about 70% (3min~ left) before skyrocketing to 100+min left. I've tried it leaving it, restarting the transfer, restarting both consoles. Nothing. I have 7GB and change left on my Vita.

The world won't let me play my game.

UGH

I changed my PSN password a while back and I don't have to enter it all that often and I can't remember it. I'm out of town and want to download the Vita versions RAWR RAWR RAWR

:'( :'(

Aeana

Trying to transfer the games from PS3 to Vita. Using USB. The transfer keeps reaching about 70% (3min~ left) before skyrocketing to 100+min left. I've tried it leaving it, restarting the transfer, restarting both consoles. Nothing. I have 7GB and change left on my Vita.

The world won't let me play my game.

This happened to me. From 70%-100% it took about 15 minutes, but it did finish.

Avallon

I think it has a Yuna costume for that game? I don't know how it works though.

That's what I thought too. I didn't get a code or anything, though. I bought the regular edition because the box for the collector's edition is obnoxiously large. Can anyone confirm the contents of their game with regards to the Lightning DLC?

Blader

UGH

I changed my PSN password a while back and I don't have to enter it all that often and I can't remember it. I'm out of town and want to download the Vita versions RAWR RAWR RAWR

:'( :'(

heh, I have a similar problem -- plus the email address I used as my sign-in was deleted years ago, so I can't even get it reset. I'm completely locked out of my PSN account :\

Top Bottom