• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

RaikuHebi

Banned
Unless my delivery gets delayed again, I should have it in under a day. It looks pretty similar to the US edition, with the blue new artwork cover.

Fantastic, do post screenshots if possible!

According to this promotional poster it'll be a separate book unlike the US LE:
FFX2artworkle.jpg

Or will it be like this:

A pipedream but I'd love it if the book is the bigger size like the US CE. Also are the book contents different in the CE and LE?

So many questions lol! If I am to get a LE it would be on release day and if my local GAME has stock (seeing as I pre-ordered the PS3 game they better do!).

Bladenic

He looks fine in battle though...

Totally, so that's why Lulu is tan too???????

:p

I'm probably forgetting, but I didn't think Lulu was from Besaid. Besides it's hard to get a tan when wearing a fucking dress with fur linings. The more important question is how has she not died of heat exhaustion

Cool, thanks

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's cross-region saves. I loaded up the NA version of FFX on my Vita, and the JP save isn't recognized. I can't even get into the rest of the Data Transfer menu on the JP FFX Vita game. Here are some screens, if someone can read Japanese and translate the popup message, maybe we can better decipher the issue!

Yes, both my Vita and PS3 are on the same PSN ID.

ZeroX03

Banned
Fantastic, do post screenshots if possible!

According to this promotional poster it'll be a separate book unlike the US LE:

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's cross-region saves. I loaded up the NA version of FFX on my Vita, and the JP save isn't recognized. I can't even get into the rest of the Data Transfer menu on the JP FFX Vita game. Here are some screens, if someone can read Japanese and translate the popup message, maybe we can better decipher the issue!

It worked for me? Japanese PS3 version to US Vita version.

APeacefulPanda

Neo Member
Sorry if this has been addressed already, but is anyone else having issues redeeming their X-2 code on Vita? I've entered it in every place possible (Vita, PS3, PC) and keep getting the "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid" error. Is it because the store hasn't updated or something?

Still curious about the European Limited Edition contents if anyone has info.

Mine isn't down for delivery from Amazon UK until next week, so I'm curious to know too. Amazon have really lost their touch in the last year or so now that they're dominating the online shopping market.

ascii42

I'm probably forgetting, but I didn't think Lulu was from Besaid. Besides it's hard to get a tan when wearing a fucking dress with fur linings. The more important question is how has she not died of heat exhaustion
Because she's got two giant heat sinks on her chest.

That's why the dress is so low cut.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Get home. It's 7PM. Buy X/X-2 for Vita. Figure I'll open and play my PS3 copy until then. 160min x 2 download time??? It won't be done until nearly 3AM. Cancel and download from PS3. 15min x 2. Much better. Come back in 45min. Time to transfer to Vita. 30min x 2. God dammit. Still haven't started because PS3 can't play games at the same time. =(

Arment

I'm enjoying it so far but I'm pretty impressed with how much I remember. I was hoping I'd forget more in 13 years. It did happen to be the last good FF I ever played so that's probably it.

RaikuHebi

Banned

So beautiful. Let's hope it is a seperate artbook, that's all I'm worried about, I don't want a cover/artbook hybird like America got.

Perhaps a good measure would be to ask what the KH HD LE looked like in Europe, since I've heard it too had a cover/book hybrid.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if this has been addressed already, but is anyone else having issues redeeming their X-2 code on Vita? I've entered it in every place possible (Vita, PS3, PC) and keep getting the "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid" error. Is it because the store hasn't updated or something?

Same issue. Considering contacting Amazon.

Aeana

Yes, both my Vita and PS3 are on the same PSN ID.

It says there was a communication error and to try again later. And also to try signing out of other devices if they're signed into the same PSN account. (Assuming this means devices other than the PS3 and Vita in question)

ZeroX03

Banned
Perhaps a good measure would be to ask what the KH HD LE looked like in Europe, since I've heard it too had a cover/book hybrid.

Yes it did. It was only 24 pages and was particularly crappy, I don't think it was originally announced as being separate case and artbook though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Feel a little bit better knowing I'm not the only one then. But yeah, I'm kinda worried. Never had a problem like this. Couldn't dig anything up on a quick google search, but the official PlayStation twitter account tweeted this earlier. So, I'm thinking it might be related to that?

handful of people above you with the same issue too, you're not alone

I just tried redeeming mine through my browser and it was a no go. Jesus fuck.

EDIT: and yes I bought from Amazon too.

Crumbtiny

Feel a little bit better knowing I'm not the only one then. But yeah, I'm kinda worried. Never had a problem like this. Couldn't dig anything up on a quick google search, but the official PlayStation twitter account tweeted this earlier. So, I'm thinking it might be related to that?

I'm on the phone with Sony rep right now. Says for some reason the voucher expired today. Which he admitted was strange seeing as it's the day of the game's release.

He's going to provide me with an email address. I have to take a picture of the front and back of the voucher as well as the proof of purchase. Then in 3-5 business days they will email me a new voucher.

Thankfully I've never played FFX and I'm sure it'll keep me busy for a long while. Still a bummer to not have it all working as it should.

Hope this helps others with this same issue!

ZeroX03

Banned
So beautiful. Let's hope it is a seperate artbook, that's all I'm worried about, I don't want a cover/artbook hybird like America got.

RaikuHebi: just confirmed with the Australian/NZ distributor: separate artbook and case! This should be the same for Europe!

EDIT: They're telling me it will be the same for Europe. 52 pages.

Not a huge fan of this game, but I decided to get it anyways to show support for XII HD. Maybe revisiting the game after four years might be a good thing to do. I remember liking the combat, but I strongly disliked the story and every character not named Jecht or Auron.

burgerdog

Amazon shipped my LE last night around 8pm and I received my copy at 2pm. This will be my third time attempting to beat X2 and it will happen this time. Last two attempts were deep into last gen so I would end up dropping the game for new releases.

I'm so nervous about my FFX2 voucher now. Gonna try redeeming it when I get home

I was just going to wait until I was done with FFX, but you guys have me worrying

Xenex

I share the same feelings, been trying to search for any info but nothing. Would also appreciate anyone who gets the EU LE to post the contents, muchas gracias.

Persona7

Banned
Sony always fucks up with the code activations. I don't know why. The Symphonia code took about a week to become active even though it was supposed to be working the day it came out.

Curious.
In the PS3 versions main menu (where you select the game), FFX-2 and FFX-2 Last Mission are separate entries.

I'm not familiar with how that works. Does LM carry over save data from FFX-2 or is a completely separate entity?

Bout to indulge.

Watching that starting cutsc-- TIDUS' EYES OH LAWD

Guys, Standard or Expert sphere grid? Never played the international version.

Expert allows for interesting things like mid-game Auron with Rikku's speed and Red Mage Lulu but there are a ton of empty nodes, which means your guys will be a little gimpy until near end game

Hubb

Expert allows for interesting things like mid-game Auron with Rikku's speed and Red Mage Lulu but there are a ton of empty nodes, which means your guys will be a little gimpy until near end game

I thought at the end of the game there is no real difference in terms of stat maxing.

ZeroX03

Banned
I thought at the end of the game there is no real difference in terms of stat maxing.

Yeah, in terms of stat maxing. He's referring to if you haven't done any stat maxing (a time consuming process) and are just playing through the game normally.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
One time overload of Vita screens from the 1st hour coming up....

2014-03-18-204033mdehi.jpg

2014-03-18-204039aef33.jpg

2014-03-18-204042y2fxx.jpg

Game looks so good on the Vita. Screenshots don't do it justice. I consider this a killer app for the Vita. Love this game.

Hubb

Yeah, in terms of stat maxing. He's referring to if you haven't done any stat maxing (a time consuming process) and are just playing through the game normally.

Gotcha. Still think when I get to it, I will be playing with the expert sphere grid.

Top Bottom