• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Wait 30 minutes in PSN Support queue. Number was up then it disconnected me saying no agents are available and to try later. What a load of shit.

not digging the loading screens at all wtf?
also the eyes look strange on tidus on yuna

overall it's a pretty good remaster but they should have left the eyes alone and fix the loading. how the hell is a game gonna release over 10 years later and have worse loading?

Kalnos

Banned
Think I'll grab this for Vita. What did they do to Tidus' face...
KuGsj.gif

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
This happened to me. From 70%-100% it took about 15 minutes, but it did finish.
I think I left it running twice, but both was in the realm of 10min. I didn't see any difference in the time remaining or progress bar, but this gives me hope. Thanks, I'll try again!

Persona7

Banned
That's what I thought too. I didn't get a code or anything, though. I bought the regular edition because the box for the collector's edition is obnoxiously large. Can anyone confirm the contents of their game with regards to the Lightning DLC?

I see what happened now. It was misreported for north america but it seems to be for PAL regions only. That DLC was a pre-order bonus for Lightning Returns if you ordered on amazon.

Panthers

Just picked it up and starting my 4th playthrough of the game, but is this game the international version? I had never heard of Expert Sphere Grid. It's a lot different. It's nice playing a somewhat new version that I've never tried. I am hoping to fight the new bosses. The Dark Aeons I believe they are called.

First thing I noticed was that in one of the early scenes the hooded kid's feet were completely different from the rest of his body.

No idea why I noticed this but it was really jarring. It went from vanilla FFX feet to FFX HD body.

It was just one scene though.

Also in the scene where Tidus looks at the Jecht billboard it looks like he sticks his bottom lip out. That probably wasn't intended because it looks damn goofy.

It's been discovered that the FF10-2 voucher codes expired today, so a lot of people are having this problem. If you talk to Sony support, they have a way to get around it, but considering how widespread this issue is, something less ad hoc is going to have to be done.

How absolutely ridiculous. Voucher codes that expire the day the game comes out?! You can't buy this level of incompetency.

Aeana

not digging the loading screens at all wtf?
also the eyes look strange on tidus on yuna

overall it's a pretty good remaster but they should have left the eyes alone and fix the loading. how the hell is a game gonna release over 10 years later and have worse loading?

The loading is about the same. Look at a video if you don't believe me. It's a psychological difference of them choosing to put in a loading screen vs. not having one before.

Mononoke

Banned
Trying to transfer the games from PS3 to Vita. Using USB. The transfer keeps reaching about 70% (3min~ left) before skyrocketing to 100+min left. I've tried it leaving it, restarting the transfer, restarting both consoles. Nothing. I have 7GB and change left on my Vita.

The world won't let me play my game.

Wait, does this have crossplay? Or does this only work if you bought the Vita version digitally through PS3? I only ask, because I accidentally bought the limited edition PS3 version on Amazon (forgot to cancel).

I guess, it's a moot point even if it did have Crossplay though, as I would need a PS3 to put the discs in. Assuming that you just meant you bought Vita version on your PS3. Now I'm torn. I really don't have the money to buy the game again on Vita. But the limited Edition actually has really nice packaging, and comes with a lot of stuff. :(

Animekatt

That sucks about the X-2 codes not working. Huge oversight on behalf of SE and Sony.

I was able to redeem mine right at 7pm est. The download for the game is still going though.

So i caved, and bought it(with 40$ credit I got when I asked Sony to refund me for my infamous second son pre order) on the vita.
SE better release more fucking games on the vita now!

-PXG-

I'm not in the mood to deal with support this late at night. This code shit better be sorted out soon. How on Earth could Sony or SE fuck this up?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's been discovered that the FF10-2 voucher codes expired today, so a lot of people are having this problem. If you talk to Sony support, they have a way to get around it, but considering how widespread this issue is, something less ad hoc is going to have to be done.

This is like, stupidity of the highest degree.

I mean damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that is so friggin stupid.

heh, I have a similar problem -- plus the email address I used as my sign-in was deleted years ago, so I can't even get it reset. I'm completely locked out of my PSN account :\

I'm not that unlucky! But it still sucks :(

Why can't Amazon or Gamesotp have download codes to sell :(

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Wait, does this have crossplay? Or does this only work if you bought the Vita version digitally through PS3? I only ask, because I accidentally bought the limited edition PS3 version on Amazon (forgot to cancel).

I guess, it's a moot point even if it did have Crossplay though, as I would need a PS3 to put the discs in. Assuming that you just meant you bought Vita version on your PS3. Now I'm torn. I really don't have the money to buy the game again on Vita. But the limited Edition actually has really nice packaging, and comes with a lot of stuff. :(
Sorry, no crossplay! I bought the Vita versions digitally and downloaded them via PS3.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Glad to hear the FFX2 code issue is widespread. Leads me to believe that I can just play X for now and they'll get X2 working at some point later.

Mononoke

Banned
Sorry, no crossplay! I bought the Vita versions digitally and downloaded them via PS3.

Thanks for letting me know. Maybe I'll just hold on to the limited, and buy the Vita version in a month when I get paid again. Sucks that I can't play it now. But, the limited looks really cool. :(

I don't believe it's ever specifically mentioned in the game, but Yuna's heterochromia is because
she's part Al-Bhed

Man, Tidus's new face is so hilarious. You never go full Kingdom Hearts, Squenix! This is why!

Tried to update my password.

>Updates password
>system asks for new password
>enteres new password
>doesn't work

Did this twice, what the hell :(

Flandy

If it is, I recall nothing of it. Pretty sure it's never even mentioned. But maybe my memory is really awful, idk.

Hrmmm. I can't remember tbh. I know that
Rikkus eyes were a plot point. Auron looks into her eyes the first time they meet and he knows that shes an Al bhed. I want to say something happened with Yunas eyes but I can't remember tbh :\

Dragon

Banned
My Vita downloads waaaay slower than my PS3, so I downloaded on PS3 and transferred.

Huh. I downloaded it in an 45 minutes or so. Was pretty happy. Would have been happier if I could have remote downloaded but didn't have the space until I deleted a game.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Took me an hour to get this answer:
Christopher B.: In this situation, I suggest contacting Square Enix for further assistance, or trying to redeem the voucher code later tonight. You may reach Square Enix at this number: 310-846-0345, or from their website at: support.na.square-enix.com/

Bladenic

Isn't it because she is half Al-Bhed?

Blue is her Spira genes Green is her Al-Bhed genes.

Oh DUH. I knew that, but I still don't recall the actual fact of her heterochromia being brought up. Like nobody ever says "oh wow you have different colored eyes."

Finally got the game to download. The new instrumentals are cool and the graphics are pretty. The only issue is sometimes it is too smooth like on Tidus. Also, this is going to be fun!
282850_271041389722562_2053748937_n.jpg

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
This happened to me. From 70%-100% it took about 15 minutes, but it did finish.
Roughly 30min later, the transfer is finished. Thanks, Aeana.
Thanks for letting me know. Maybe I'll just hold on to the limited, and buy the Vita version in a month when I get paid again. Sucks that I can't play it now. But, the limited looks really cool. :(
If you have the money to spare, I'd double dip. I'm really liking the LE artbook. It's nice quality paper and a decent amount of art for the price of free. I don't mind the bigger box like some other people, either. Worse comes to worse, sell your PS3 version boxless and buy the Vita one? I don't think intimacy with an RPG on the Vita can be beat.

Mononoke

Banned
Roughly 30min later, the transfer is finished. Thanks, Aeana.

If you have the money to spare, I'd double dip. I'm really liking the LE artbook. It's nice quality paper and a decent amount of art for the price of free. I don't mind the bigger box like some other people, either. Worse comes to worse, sell your PS3 version boxless and buy the Vita one? I don't think intimacy with an RPG on the Vita can be beat.

Yeah, I actually wanted to get this on Vita. For whatever reason, I pre-ordered the limited PS3 version wayyyy back when it first went up on Amazon. Completely forgot about my order, and the shipped it to my place. Thing is, I don't even have a PS3 anymore lol. So now I'm stuck with this unopened limited edition version of the game.

But I saw an unboxing of it, and damn it's so nice. I'll probably just wait until I get paid in a couple weeks, and just buy the Vita version and keep my limited.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So Aeana, what's the recourse for those who are affected by the (damn that is so stupid) voucher problem? Contact Sony Support?

Many in my Vita club will be very pissed at this, especially considered like we don't have official SEN support in here.

ramyeon

God this is going to be a long wait for this to go up on the Australian PSN tomorrow night :( I was expecting to at least get my copy of God Eater 2 in the mail today to make the wait easier but that'll probably come tomorrow as well by the looks of it.

Just got Valefor. Loving the game so far. I have no complaints about the soundtrack, and only two minor graphical ones. Tidus' eyes are weird, and Yuna looks angry in her portrait. I also had a weird graphical glitch in a house in Besaid. The screen turned black for a second and then came back with Tidus at the door, as if the house reloaded, weird.

Loving this overall though, can't wait to continue.

Dragon

Banned
God this is going to be a long wait for this to go up on the Australian PSN tomorrow night :( I was expecting to at least get my copy of God Eater 2 in the mail today to make the wait easier but that'll probably come tomorrow as well by the looks of it.

Why not buy it on American PSN, download it and then play it with your Aussie account? Is there a disadvantage to that, that I'm not seeing?

Top Bottom