• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

You can pause, but no skip

I tried pressing start during a cutscene, it didn't work. Is there another way?

nevermind: apparently my controller is old and I have to press the fuck out of the start button to get it to do anything. You can pause.

Oh. Maybe not all cutscenes? Maybe not cgi ones.

You can definitely pause for some cutscenes. You're probably right about the cg ones.

Shinta

Banned
The only downside on vita is how many button presses it takes just to save. Jesus. X on the blue sphere, X to confirm save, then tap the screen, then tap to confirm the screen, then tap again, then tap X on the screen to exit. And that's like, every 5 minutes.

Thanks for the info. Atleast the girls here are spread out to all of the male characters.

Playing this game sort of reminds me of FF13. there are corridors everywhere but not as bad as FF13. Also playing these games on the Vita evokes a similar "Wow" factor from me when I first started FF13. I hope I don't get burned out playing this game.

Lol FF13 is a piece of shit compared to this game. Well. FF13 is a piece of shit period.

I still can't believe I'm playing FFX on a handheld. Just holy crap. This was the stuff of dreams 13 years ago.

I know right? And it is not as bad as I thought. In fact, it is pretty good.
Lol FF13 is a piece of shit compared to this game. Well. FF13 is a piece of shit period.
I don't want to start a FF13 derail here but I was saying that how they handled showing the graphical capabilities of the devices I am playing through is kinda amazing. FF13 looks nice to me, even though the story is pretty convoluted. I don't plan to start a Lightning bad, Yuna good discussion.

Spoiler for Rikku:
So they really did retcon Rikku's eyes. Her irises are normal now instead of swirly. Well, it never made much sense in the original game to begin with, swirly irises would sure be hard to see through.

No FUCKING shit. This is why they really need to get these items up on the store as quickly as possible. It will be tomorrow before I'm able to even play this.

Yeah, I have kind of a slow internet connection, but still, 22GB is a pretty large download. Mine's at 4GB completed so far.

Finally got it to work.

I'm downloading off of Holiday Inn wifi. Going to have to have it download all night :(

edit: Vita downloads even when the screen is off right?

Just a small story, picked up my Vita preorder from GameStop but it took a while to find.

Why? Because I was the only preorder and they only received one Vita copy :(

Hope this thing sells well on Vita because I would love to see more remakes/JRPGs come to the system.

XJF

That feel when you're in Luca and realize you missed an Al Bhed Primer.

/flips table

Including the 2 in Luca, you should have 7. If you haven't got them yet, you should have 2. Luckily, None of the ones you've missed so far are permanently missable.

pariah164

Including the 2 in Luca, you should have 7. If you haven't got them yet, you should have 2. Luckily, None of the ones you've missed so far are permanently missable.
I'm missing V. It's in Killika, so thankfully, I can go back for it. Just annoying that I missed it.

Persona7

Banned
Spoiler for Rikku:
So they really did retcon Rikku's eyes. Her irises are normal now instead of swirly. Well, it never made much sense in the original game to begin with, swirly irises would sure be hard to see through.

this was posted earlier in the thread
http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/media/51dc1da7_Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster-23.jpg

apparently it is only one specific character model that doesn't have the swirls

Just a small story, picked up my Vita preorder from GameStop but it took a while to find.

Why? Because I was the only preorder and they only received one Vita copy :(

Hope this thing sells well on Vita because I would love to see more remakes/JRPGs come to the system.

I should have asked how many pre-orders they got for the vita at gamestop. They had at least 5 or 6 copies on the shelf though. PS3 regular version had the same amount plus one more. I don't know how many LEs they got because I went later in the day but I got the last one.

pariah164

Speaking of the Primers... Does anyone know if, when playing FFX-2, it checks your primers from X? I would love to play X-2 and not have to worry over that sort of thing.

My package was delayed due to "hazardous weather conditions".

Which is total bullshit because it was like 40 today and all the snow from yesterday had already melted. :(

At least I have the next two days off, so I can play this a ton whenever it shows up.

Audette

I've been reading through the posts here, lovin everybody's impressions of the game. ran out bought the Vita edition.
Lots of impressions of FFX, haven't had a chance to download X2, any body got impressions of it? Does it run as well as the first game? Anybody taken any screen captures?

So...I don't think i like Blitzball. How the hell am I supposed to win against the computer? I don't want to advance in story without winning either.

MilkBeard

Just started playing FF X HD a little while ago. I have to say, even right at the beginning, I can tell this game has that magic 'Final Fantasy touch' that's missing in some of the games that came after it. The game looks good, the music is excellent, and it's pretty fun so far. Seems like they put some decent effort into this remaster.

It's funny though, because Tidus is a bit of a moron, ha ha. But even with his cringeworthy animations and actions there is something funny and lighthearted about it. Auron is like the perfect contrast to that.

Anyway I'm not that far into the game so that may change but my first impressions are pretty positive. I remember I tried this game way back in the day but ended up not playing far into it because I was burnt out on Final Fantasy in general.

jackal27

Banned
Wait...

The Vita physical release doesn't include X-2 in cart form!? WHY.

For those buying digitally, can you download both games seperately or is it one big 6.6gig mess?

Levyne

Banned
So...I don't think i like Blitzball. How the hell am I supposed to win against the computer? I don't want to advance in story without winning either.

Score once and hide behind your net. If you got the Jecht shot that isn't so bad, otherwise try to get the ball to someone faster ( I think Datto has decent speed) get the other team to chase you. Once they are close and before they engage, pass to someone open and closer to the net and hopefully get a decent chance. Letty is also a decent passer, iirc. Try to get Tidus or Wakka to take the shot.

PikkonX

I still can't believe I'm playing FFX on a handheld. Just holy crap. This was the stuff of dreams 13 years ago.

Exactly how I feel. I can still remember coming home from school and having my PS2 copy waiting on the table. It actually ended up shipping out a week early if anyone remembers. I was extra excited for the graphics and the voice acting. Now I'll be able to play it on the go. Unfortunately, I have to wait another day since it's going to be a birthday gift. Feels like Christmas.

Score once and hide behind your net. If you got the Jecht shot that isn't so bad, otherwise try to get the ball to someone faster ( I think Datto has decent speed) get the other team to chase you. Once they are close and before they engage, pass to someone open and closer to the net and hopefully get a decent chance. Letty is also a decent passer, iirc. Try to get Tidus or Wakka to take the shot.
This is the championship game in the story so it is the game I play. Wakka is out and I don't have the Jecht Shot.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Addendum to my previous post: You can not pause during all cutscenes. It's not a big deal or anything, just thought I'd add that.

That's why Vita version is superior; you can basically pause and resume at any point by pressing the ps button :3

This is the championship game in the story so it is the game I play. Wakka is out and I don't have the Jecht Shot.

I *think* you can't get
Jecht Shot at all if you missed getting it from the boat scene.

It's not mandatory but it's a great technique that can make the process of getting
Wakka's ultimate equipment
powered up very significantly easier (though no less time consuming, hahaha).

Playing this game sort of reminds me of FF13.

(Most of the) same team made both games. X had the benefit of coming out during a time when open world games were in their infancy and you didn't have EA and Activision paying off game site editors to say that Japanese games/JRPGs were "dead," so people didn't scrutinize it as much

sdornan

(Most of the) same team made both games. X had the benefit of coming out during a time when open world games were in their infancy and you didn't have EA and Activision paying off game site editors to say that Japanese games/JRPGs were "dead," so people didn't scrutinize it as much
It helps that the characters and story of X are more interesting and likeable in general.

Top Bottom