• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Expert Grid has more freedom and seems a little harder, lots of blanks. If you've already beaten it before with normal, I'd go expert, personally.
Sounds good. Thank ya!

I was afraid I wouldn't find my charger in time, so I redeemed by X-2 voucher online through the sony site. Worked like a charm.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
How exactly does the cross save work? The instructions aren't incredibly clear. Here's my interpretation:
There are ten cloud slots that you can choose to assign to game save slots. After assigning, the cloud slots will automatically update to the last save in the corresponding game slot. Is that it? Do I have to use the data transfer screen each time I want to sync, or is that automated? Do X and X-2 share slots?

sqwarlock

Dammit Square!

LQgcKFD.jpg

Can I come over and alphabetize your PS3 games for you?

Levyne

Banned
Game makes it seem like the Aurochs are the first team in the pool even though they have a bye. Almost to the Goer match myself!

Game looks great, but those animations are so stiff and sudden.

Also the lighting can me a little flat, some added shadows would've been nice. Anyways, I now have no excuse to finish this and X-2.

God, the thought that maybe 12 could be a possibility on the Vita is exciting.

Eyothrie

Is there no way to skip cutscenes? This game won't let me play 5 minutes before yet another b-movie cutscene. I just want to play you, game!

The Blitzball Tutorial is pretty brutal lol

Lol yeah that was...very dry and rough around the edges. Why on earth is there no music during that? Also, I'm surprised they never presented it as Tidus showing the rest of his new teammates the ropes since he's a star player and they're all skilled like novices.

Still, I love me some Blitzball. It's a shame more players didn't enjoy it.

krae_man

Can I come over and alphabetize your PS3 games for you?

Would you like to see a pic of all 99 for increased frustration?

I had it in publisher/genre order at one point. EG racing games together, First party games together etc but now it's just a mess. I really should organize it.

sqwarlock

Would you like to see a pick of all 99 for increased frustration?

I had it in publisher/genre order at one point. EG racing games together, First party games together etc but now it's just a mess. I really should organize it.

Oh god, no. I'm not obsessive about many things, but alphabetization is one of them. I've found myself organizing my friends' collections without realizing it.

I'm currently at work so I cannot delve into this further without my PS3/Vita. I'll need to see if patching the JP version to English Text changes the region code or not, and I'll do some further testing. Will keep you updated.

Otherwise there are methods of changing the region of your save game.

EDIT: Also added "My download code for Final Fantasy X-2 isn't working!" to the FAQ. Contact Sony and SE for now, it's looking like a widespread problem. Some reviewers had their codes for X-2 work while others didn't.

Was the text of your save in English? Mine is in Japanese. Maybe it's detecting the region based on thw written language?

Meowster

Ugh. I just have to beat the Luca Goers! This is going to be a nightmare (prepping for the big match, going through Wakka's speech at the moment).

Aurizen

How does the cross save work exactly? i activate it on both ps vita and ps3 and when I save the game it automatically backs up or do I manually have to back it up by going to the options each time?

Shinta

Banned
I have to say, I really like Tidus. Everyone always says he's stupid, and I hadn't played this for a long time so I was curious what I would think, but I never thought of him that way before at all.

He basically instantly adapts to his entire world being destroyed without throwing a fit at all. Instantly realizes that zanarkand is gone and starts hiding what he's truly thinking, saying he's not from there and he's possibly 1,000 years in the future, but doesn't even let it phase him really. And he's just happy he even found people who still play blitzball, despite the fact that they suck and everything he knows is gone. One thing I really enjoy about his character is that they have scenes where it says what he's thinking to himself, and it's always more calculated than what he's saying to everyone outwardly, so he's just basically putting on a show.

I definitely prefer Tidus over Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, and Vaan.

MilkBeard

I have to say, I really like Tidus. Everyone always says he's stupid, and I hadn't played this for a long time so I was curious what I would think, but I never thought of him that way before at all.

I definitely prefer Tidus over Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, and Vaan.

I'm early on by my first impression of him isn't good. He's really annoying and his character design is bad (in my opinion). I do hope he grows as a character though, that will make a difference. I can't read your spoiler obviously heh.

Shinta

Banned
I'm early on by my first impression of him isn't good. He's really annoying and his character design is bad (in my opinion). I do hope he grows as a character though, that will make a difference. I can't read your spoiler obviously heh.

His character design is definitely a bit strange. But it works in the CG and the artwork. Something about his in game model is a little off. I like that he actually looks Asian in the CG.

Meowster

He basically instantly adapts to his entire world being destroyed without throwing a fit at all. Instantly realizes that zanarkand is gone and starts hiding what he's truly thinking, saying he's not from there and he's possibly 1,000 years in the future, but doesn't even let it phase him really. And he's just happy he even found people who still play blitzball, despite the fact that they suck and everything he knows is gone. One thing I really enjoy about his character is that they have scenes where it says what he's thinking to himself, and it's always more calculated than what he's saying to everyone outwardly, so he's just basically putting on a show.

The spoiled bit is actually really sweet. He's basically a lost puppy.

Meanwhile, well, I'm doing pretty good in this match. Pass like crazy first half to build up levels and then go on the offensive during the second half. It's zero to zero though.. so we shall see..

Flandy

I never understood why people thought he was annoying. Like you said he had just
pretty much lost his entire world and was thrown immediately into a completely different world where the only thing they have in common is fucking Blitzball. I can understand why he'd be a little upset lol

Yeah, I don't really know what they did with the Besaid Island theme. It was one of my favorite in the original FFX soundtrack. This new version seems so bleached.

The new acoustic version of the Besaid Village theme is very nice. The use of real instruments, as with To Zanarkand, certainly changes it subtly but I like how it sounds now.

ZeroX03

Banned
Was the text of your save in English? Mine is in Japanese. Maybe it's detecting the region based on thw written language?
That could be it. I wasn't noticing any irregularities with region codes, and I'll be able to test more tonight and maybe with a European version tomorrow. Will let you know.

After failing the Blitzball challenge three times... Yeah, screw platinuming this game.
What's hard about Blitzball? It doesn't matter if you win against the Goers, just wait until late game when you can recruit the best players.

Shinta
GAF's #1 Contrarian

sqwarlock

Well I double-dipped. Got the digital copy for Vita, and even though I had to delete some games I now have FFVII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, and Dissidia 02 on my Vita.

MilkBeard

His character design is definitely a bit strange. But it works in the CG and the artwork. Something about his in game model is a little off. I like that he actually looks Asian in the CG.

Yeah, he actually looks cool in the CG...I wish they tried harder to model him like that at least in terms of shape and his face.

Levyne

Banned
Beat the Goers 3-0. Tidus scored once in the first normally after Datto and Letty distracted most of the Goers, and once in the second with a Jecht shot. Try to pass a lot in the first to get some levels. Then late in the second
Wakka scored with Venom shot after barely surviving the defender's tackle.

Suck it, Goers!

I love Tidus. He's just a total goober and I feel like you're supposed to me making fun of him the whole time you're playing. Yuna and him are perfect for each other lol.

Dead

well not really...yet
I picked this up, and despite not being the biggest fan of X, I feel a huge sense of amazing nostalgia just opening up the package and going through the booklet, etc.

Might be more about a sense of nostalgia for the time when this came out rather than the game itself, either way, it has me all happy :p

Anyone else get this from Amazon?

My LE copy is bent as hell. Seems to be a lot of problems ordering special/collectors editions from them lately...

Squire

Banned
Got the game this afternoon and I just played up the temple at Kilika. So far it seems like a solid piece of work. I think Tidus and Yuna's faces are a little stuff, but it's nothing too bad. The OST is alright . Nothing I've heard so far sounds bad per se, but none of it feels necessary. I still think they should've just included the original score in hi-def.

It's good. Glad to finally have the game again and I'm already tempted to play X-2.

Meowster

.. and we won. 1 - 0. It was so close though. A Goer shot his goal in the last five seconds and would have DEFINITELY made it in. Oh well. You win some, you lose some Goers.

Aurizen

Anyone else get this from Amazon?

My LE copy is bent as hell. Seems to be a lot of problems ordering special/collectors editions from them lately...

Got mine from amazon, Perfect condition.

After failing the Blitzball challenge three times... Yeah, screw platinuming this game.
yeah I gave up on blitzball luca won 1-0 smh when I get to ingame content I'm gonna search for the best team and see if I can win then.

Came home expecting my Vita copy of FFXHD to be in the mail. To my surprise, it wasn't. Apparently I didn't get release day shipping. I assumed 2-day shipping was release day shipping like most games. Guess I gotta wait until thursday...

SirNinja

The Blitzball Tutorial is pretty brutal lol

It doesn't help that the mandatory game vs. the Goers (which comes right after) is really difficult since you don't yet have the chance to recruit any players. Once you sign good people (and learn/abuse the more game-breaking abilites), Blitz becomes a lot easier.

Shinta

Banned
Yeah, I really enjoyed this scene when he arrived at Besaid Village for the first time.

Right off the bat he establishes that he's an atheist and has never prayed in his life. Then he keeps quiet about that and lets Wakka show him the "prayer" which he says to himself is just the blitzball victory pose from 1,000 years ago. So he's basically thinking to himself that their entire religion is a joke, but just keeps that quiet because he picked up from Rikku that people do not want to hear that. Awesome little scene for establishing his character and how he views the world, but hides it.

Top Bottom