• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Aeana

wat dressphere points aren't universal or whatever?

like Paine with her sword costume is at 9% while the others are at 6%. and I have to decide what skills to prioritize maaaaaaan
Nope. Like any other FF with a job system, it's per character.

Jacobbles

Picked up the Vita version this morning! It looks and runs fantastic. Very pleased with it.

Keen to try out X-2 as well but it won't let me download it from the store yet, I guess because the game doesn't officially launch in Australia until tomorrow.

Flandy

Almost left Besaid without getting Valefors 2nd overdrive. If you want to get it early and don't want to fight a Dark Aeon later talk to the shop keeper in the Village right before you head out to the beach.

Jubern

Hey guys,

I forgot to do the destruction sphere at besaid temple. Is it possible to go back again later? :(

You can but since it's the International version of the game you're going to run into a small problem...
Dark Aeon Valefor
The same thing applies to a few places where you will want to be sure not to forget anything.

Meowster

Hey guys,

I forgot to do the destruction sphere at besaid temple. Is it possible to go back again later? :(
You can.. but it won't be until later on and could potentially be difficult.
Dark Valefor shows up once you get the airship and I don't think you can go back into the Cloister of Trials before that.

DPtheGod

Ah damn, a weapon for Yuna in exchange for
battling Dark Valefor?
:( lol

Thanks a lot guys! :)

Anyone else playing the Vita version and using the touch screen for recovery?

I always found it so odd that Valefor has a summon upgrade while none of the others do. Kinda makes me feel like they had originally planned to have other upgrades but never ended up doing it.

Damn, have been sitting on this and Ground Zeroes but have been working on projects constantly so I can't play. Tomorrow I return to Spira for sure.

Teknoman

The remastered tracks sound better imo. And you guys are right, pressing it right before it even gets to the yellow works great.

The battle theme already grew on me. My initial impression way back was that it was loud, but I got pumped when I heard it for the first time in the game.

Flandy

Love that they didn't fix the fact that you can walk around during this cutscene on the boat when you leave Besaid :lol
13260610774_2c2a864af4_b.jpg

13260396643_f435d693a9_b.jpg

pariah164

The new Mihen Highroad track caught me off-guard but it's slowly growing on me.

Also, in X-2 (dressphere spoiler)
how do I get the Psychic one? Been wanting that one ever since I first saw Yuna's version.

Uh, what's the "Expert" sphere grid?

Do I want that?

Basically:
- Standard: Character growth is more tailored to their own specific role (eg Lulu = black mage)
- Expert: Character growth is more open

Nitty gritty stuff:
- Standard has more nodes for stat maxing
- Expert lets you get stronger earlier if you build right

For your first time I'd rather go with Standard. In the end they really don't matter that much since you can do very similar builds with both.

Blitzball should be a Winter Olympic sport

It's played underwater, so it would work better as a Summer Olympics sport.

It's too bad real people can't hold their breaths indefinitely or Blitzball could really be an awesome thing.

The remastered tracks sound better imo. And you guys are right, pressing it right before it even gets to the yellow works great.

The only remastered track I didn't like was Besaid Island, so far all the others are improvements to me.

Aeana

It's played underwater, so it would work better as a Summer Olympics sport.

It's too bad real people can't hold their breaths indefinitely or Blitzball could really be an awesome thing.

The only remastered track I didn't like was Besaid Island, so far all the others are improvements to me.
Wandering Flame is definitely not an improvement.

RIP

Thoraxes

Blitzball should be a Winter Olympic sport
I hate it more than people hate the XIII series.
Wandering Flame is definitely not an improvement.

RIP

I disagree, but I think both versions have positive merits as two different arrangements. I can't really say I like one more than the other. The new arrangement brings out different parts of the harmonies in his progressions that were less heard in the PS2 version of the game, and with that they bring a totally new and fresh perspective on the piece, in my opinion.

molnizzle

Basically:
- Standard: Character growth is more tailored to their own specific role (eg Lulu = black mage)
- Expert: Character growth is more open

Nitty gritty stuff:
- Standard has more nodes for stat maxing
- Expert lets you get stronger earlier if you build right

For your first time I'd rather go with Standard. In the end they really don't matter that much since you can do very similar builds with both.

Ah, ok. I finished FFX on PS2 back in the day, but I remember very little of it. I think I'll go with the Expert grid this time.

Levyne

Banned
Got attack reels. Once you replace your keeper, and assuming you have Jecht shot, Blitzball is boring-ly easy :/.

Might as well keep going and see what else I can win from the leagues and tourneys while getting Wakka's other stuff.

Got my R3 English copies today - seems like the Vita versions for R3 are using the same covers as the Japanese ones. For the R3 English PS3 cover, the cover is the same as the one in the US. The initial premiums (shown on the plastic) is the Summoner Yuna costume DLC for Lightning Returns.

All preorders from the place I ordered from comes with a poster. We don't get the artcards though like the US version.

10003197_10152052067559331_754590725_n.jpg

Now to finish work, and get home to start playing. Can't wait.

Flandy

How much Gil should I lend to O'aka XXIII?
Saw this on the FF wiki, but uhh it doesn't seem right. You're telling me if I donate any less than 10001 I get an INCREASE in price? Or am I not allowed to buy anything until I lend him some gil?
0 - 100 gil → all items/weapons will get 100% increase in prices.
101 - 1000 gil → all items/weapons will get 50% increase in prices.
1001 - 10000 → all items/weapons will get 20% increase in prices.
10001+ → items/weapons will get 30% discount on all prices.

Shinta

Banned
Got attack reels. Once you replace your keeper, and assuming you have Jecht shot, Blitzball is boring-ly easy :/.

Might as well keep going and see what else I can win from the leagues and tourneys while getting Wakka's other stuff.

That's how I remembered it. I don't get people's frustration with it honestly. It was a long time ago, but I remember blowing out every team to an almost absurd degree ...

Levyne

Banned
The Al Bhed team early on is pretty tough, Nimrook is a fantastic goalie. And Wedge with basic shot skills is already rivaling Tidus in terms of goals scored.

The Al Bhed team early on is pretty tough, Nimrook is a fantastic goalie. And Wedge with basic shot skills is already rivaling Tidus in terms of goals scored.

Tidus is basically a one-trick pony, you use him for the Jecht Shot and after that he's just decorative. Of course once you've scored with him, you can just hide behind your goal the rest of the game.

jaxword

How much Gil should I lend to O'aka XXIII?
Saw this on the FF wiki, but uhh it doesn't seem right. You're telling me if I donate any less than 10001 I get an INCREASE in price? Or am I not allowed to buy anything until I lend him some gil?
0 - 100 gil → all items/weapons will get 100% increase in prices.
101 - 1000 gil → all items/weapons will get 50% increase in prices.
1001 - 10000 → all items/weapons will get 20% increase in prices.
10001+ → items/weapons will get 30% discount on all prices.

Yeah. O'aka's a filthy used car salesman who will get the money out of you one way or another.

genbatzu

Just leave Blitzball until late game if you're finding it tough. Don't restrict yourself to the crappy early game players,

I did it the other way, finished blitzball as soon as possible to get Wakkas ultimate weapon.

played 3 times through FF X on ps2 and never heard of the "hide-behind-goal"-trick >.< might use it in the Vita version, although Blitzball is really fun

Top Bottom