• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Yup. I think I'm done with this game.

The fucking jellyfish boss has killed me at least 3 times. And having to watch 5 minutes of cutscenes every time it happens is just too much.

ZeroX03

Banned
No idea about that really. I just won the championship yesterday by beating the Goers and got the
Team Work
trophy. Haven't played any other matches so I don't know for sure.

Why would you spoiler tag a trophy name? That isn't in any way a spoiler.

The trophy is for winning any Blitzball game, not the Goers match. There's also a trophy for winning a tournament. The mandatory Goers match only gives you a stupid sphere winning, it's not worth worrying over.

Emitan

Why you spoiler tag a trophy name? That isn't in any way a spoiler.

The trophy is for winning any Blitzball game, not the Goers match. There's also a trophy for winning a tournament. The mandatory Goers match only gives you a stupid sphere winning, it's not worth worrying over.

I've been trying to win it for a decade. ITS TOTALLY WORTH IT

Atlantis

Yup. I think I'm done with this game.

The fucking jellyfish boss has killed me at least 3 times. And having to watch 5 minutes of cutscenes every time it happens is just too much.

The Jellyfish boss? The one under the water after the Sin fight on the S.S. Liki?

Use Darkness Attack and Cheer.

Atlantis

That's the one.

I've tried that, but the fight with Sin drains most of my HP beforehand and I only have 2 potions.

I'm not sure if this is available at this point, but you can kick Yuna's bag in the room below deck for up to 20 Potions.

If that's not an option, kill two of the Sinscales in the Sin fight, drop him to low HP, and heal the guys up with Yuna before ending the fight.

Kick the suitcase in the ship a bunch

I'm not sure if this is available at this point, but you can kick Yuna's bag in the room below deck for up to 20 Potions.

If that's not an option, kill two of the Sinscales in the Sin fight, drop him to low HP, and heal the guys up with Yuna before ending the fight.

That will help a lot actually. I'll do that after I die one more time.

Thanks guys.

AmanoBuff

Why would you spoiler tag a trophy name? That isn't in any way a spoiler.

Ups, it's just a habit. I always hide trophy names.

About winning the match not being important: Perhaps for you man, but for me, those bastards made me sweat blood for the past 10 or so years and yesterday was the same until I practiced and finally got my first blitzball victory in my personal gaming history. You bet it was worth it for me. EPIC moment.

Astral

13300334814_7471fce10kbs8t.jpg

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I just won too! First time ever. FUCK YOU GOERS!

Won the first blitzball match on my first try too.

I mean.. when I was a kid blitzball stole my soul so I'm not surprised that I still got it.

Dragun619

Finally beat the Luca Goers after 3 tries. Managed to score one point then play the clock, hah. Was starting to hate blitzball, but now that I've recruited better players, it gets pretty fun.

Dragun619

Does anyone know if your suppose to receive 1 or 2 Level 1 Key spheres from either pushing or killing the Chocobo Eater?

Been following the PS2 strategy guide, and I manged to push him down the cliff but I didn't receive any Level 1 Key spheres. Is it a rare drop or was changed in the international release?

ZeroX03

Banned
So just to be clear: You can get all of the blitzball trophies without winning the first match?

Yes. The first match is absolutely pointless outside of bragging rights. Can't stress thing enough folks.

The only things you should worry about missing are Al Bhed Primers, and once you've reached the Calm Lands you should backtrack to get the
Destruction and Jecht
Spheres so you aren't blocked later. They're not missable, but getting blocked by a superboss makes it annoying.

Flandy

Yes. The first match is absolutely pointless outside of bragging rights. Can't stress thing enough folks.

The only things you should worry about missing are Al Bhed Primers, and once you've reached the Calm Lands you should backtrack to get the
Destruction and Jecht
Spheres so you aren't blocked later. They're not missable, but getting blocked by a superboss makes it annoying.

I still don't understand how you backtrack to get it.
After Operation Mi'ihen you spawn on a beach and go to the next temple. How do you go back to Mushroom Rock from there? Once you get to Luca are you able to take a boat to Besaid or something?

XJF

Destruction and Jecht

Someone brought this up earlier,
how do you backtrack passed the site of operation mi'ihen
?

Faenix1

Does anyone know if your suppose to receive 1 or 2 Level 1 Key spheres from either pushing or killing the Chocobo Eater?

Been following the PS2 strategy guide, and I manged to push him down the cliff but I didn't receive any Level 1 Key spheres. Is it a rare drop or was changed in the international release?

Anyone know the answer to this? Planning to use my PS2 guides as well. Curious if item locations/drops have been changed much.

ZeroX03

Banned
I still don't understand how you backtrack to get it.
After Operation Mi'ihen you spawn on a beach and go to the next temple. How do you go back to Mushroom Rock from there? Once you get to Luca are you able to take a boat to Besaid or something?

Someone brought this up earlier,
how do you backtrack passed the site of operation mi'ihen
?

Pretty sure the road that was blocked when you first get there opens up. There's shortcuts, etc. And yes you can use boats to go back.

Seik

Banned
Got my copy today and play a good 2+ hours.

It looks really good, seriously, I was impressed.

I wasn't sure if it was 1080p or 720p at first, but I got closer to the tv and guess it probably 720p with some kind of good AA (I don't know what I'm talking about) because I don't see much jaggies.

ramyeon

TIDUS GOT REPLACED IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS SHOT THAT WAS ABOUT TO GO IN

I'M MAD
Haha oh man I had the exact opposite happen on my third attempt. Abus went for an unfair shot as usual and the cinematic kicked in just before it registered, so lucky because that let me win :D

Anyone have some suggestions on good blitz players to recruit early on and where to find them?

Levyne

Banned
Lulu just (Macalania temple boss fight )
Firaga Fury'd anima into overkill, nice

Lulu and Yuna are easily my heavy hitters, this playthrough.

ZeroX03

Banned
I wasn't sure if it was 1080p or 720p at first, but I got closer to the tv and guess it probably 720p with some kind of good AA (I don't know what I'm talking about) because I don't see much jaggies.

It's 1080p. Just look how sharp things like text are. You don't get that on 720p.

Levyne

Banned
Haha oh man I had the exact opposite happen on my third attempt. Abus went for an unfair shot as usual and the cinematic kicked in just before it registered, so lucky because that let me win :D

Anyone have some suggestions on good blitz players to recruit early on and where to find them?

In Luca:

Wedge by the arena (Forward)

Jumal on a bench by the Cafe (Goalie)

Beant

If you want to do some early blitzing

FW: Tidus
FW: Wedge (Guard at Luca Stadium, upstairs before the locker rooms)
MF: Brother (Piloting the airship)
DF: Ropp (Mi'ihen's Travel Agency shop guy, with blue bandana)
DF: Zalitz (guy on the way to Luca Theather)
GK: Jumal (guy sitting on a bench at Luca Square)

Put ropp in MF if you cant get brother yet. Even one good free agent makes the game sooo much easier.

You cant get all the rewards until later though (once you have faced 450 enemies or something like that).

Seik

Banned
It's 1080p. Just look how sharp things like text are. You don't get that on 720p.

I'm okay with that, then.

Idk, I saw people asking before in this thread and got that it probably wasn't as an answer, it always seemed to be a 'floaty' subject as if anyone wasn't sure. Cool to finally know.

Anyway, it's a truly good remake, lots of improvements makes it a worthy investment.

Flandy

Lulu just
(First seymour fight )
Firaga Fury'd anima into overkill, nice

Lulu and Yuna are easily my heavy hitters, this playthrough.

Wait so you spoiler marked the second part but not the first part? wat. The post right above you said it was their first time playing it too D:

XJF

Wait so you spoiler marked the second part but not the first part? wat. The post right above you said it was their first time playing it too D:

This was my first thought as well lol oh well.

So having played both versions, the VITA version does shine here, but I'm always afraid I'm going to break the right analog stick when I do Lulu's Overdrive lol
I also love the quick heal menu on the VITA, not sure why they couldn't have mapped that to the "R2 or L2" button on the PS3 version

It's 1080p with no AA. There's plenty of jaggies everywhere but just being in 1080p is a big accomplishment for a PS3 game so I can forgive.

Dragun619

ZeroX03 said:
For people who like playing Blitzball early, found this team online and it's been working wonders for me. Was a breeze to get Attack Reels, and available right after Luca. For if you're too impatient to wait for late game.

FW: Tidus
FW: Wedge (guard outside stadium)
MF: Zev Ronso (the screen to the right of the stadium)
DF: Zalitz (on the way to Luca Theater)
DF: Ropp (at the Mi'hen travel agency)
GF: Jumal (on a bench at the Luca Square)

Been following this. It has made Blitzball so much more easier, that I'm actually enjoying it now.

UI elements can be made to be 1080P, while the game itself is run at 720P. Dead Rising 3 is a good example of this, not sure about FF though and I plan on getting the vita version which isn't close to either :p

Top Bottom