• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

ZeroX03

Banned
UI elements can be made to be 1080P, while the game itself is run at 720P. Dead Rising 3 is a good example of this, not sure about FF though and I plan on getting the vita version which isn't close to either :p

That's true (I believe P4G did that), but you can see the same level of clarity on characters too. I just pointed out the text because that's the easiest thing for most people to see. FFX is 1080p (or 900p~ upscaled).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So can everyone just breathe underwater indefinitely?

In the intro, on the al bhed boat, Tidus gets handed what looks like a breathing aparatus, or a bondage device that goes on the mouth. .

might be that ? :p

XJF

Wait so you spoiler marked the second part but not the first part? wat. The post right above you said it was their first time playing it too D:

anyone happen to save the FFX/X-2 combined Vita screen logo from like 15 pages back? Really dont wanna search back for it.

Flandy

anyone happen to save the FFX/X-2 combined Vita screen logo from like 15 pages back? Really dont wanna search back for it.

I'm assuming you mean the two that SirNinja made?
hfNorAC.png

7uSQoIU.png

pariah164

Goin' on a feeeeeels trip~! (Bikanel Desert/Home/MASSIVE plot spoilers.)

"Yunie will die, you know!" Even now, 3 years after I last played this game, that line gets me in the feels every fucking time. Hell, this whole SCENE. I'm sitting here, a grown-ass woman, trying to keep my shit together and not fucking bawl my eyes out.

OmegaDL50

It's been stated by some random NPCs that Blitzers train themselves to hold their breath for extended periods of time.

This is also explained somewhat in the Eternal Calm video too.
Which Yuna gets to the point in which she can hold her breath for nearly 3 full minutes.

Although I'd like to explain how some Blitzers manage to maintain keeping said breath after some of the blows they take during the game. I mean some of those tackles don't look gentle.

Yes. The first match is absolutely pointless outside of bragging rights. Can't stress thing enough folks.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say it's only bragging rights. You do get a strength sphere (not to be confused with power sphere) which turns an empty node into +4 str node.

ZeroX03

Banned
Well, I wouldn't exactly say it's only bragging rights. You do get a strength sphere (not to be confused with power sphere) which turns an empty node into +4 str node.

Which you can farm infinitely late game. It's not worth stressing over it or restarting the match to win like people are doing.

Goin' on a feeeeeels trip~! (Bikanel Desert/Home/MASSIVE plot spoilers.)

"Yunie will die, you know!" Even now, 3 years after I last played this game, that line gets me in the feels every fucking time. Hell, this whole SCENE. I'm sitting here, a grown-ass woman, trying to keep my shit together and not fucking bawl my eyes out.

That's always the first scene I remember when I think of FFX, looking forward to getting there again.

APeacefulPanda

Neo Member
Actually bothering to attempt to dodge the 200 lightning bolts in the thunder plains in my HD playthrough. I suppose I already know the answer but does anyone have an easy way of doing this?

XJF

Actually bothering to attempt to dodge the 200 lightning bolts in the thunder plains in my HD playthrough. I suppose I already know the answer but does anyone have an easy way of doing this?
There's a crater about half-way up the southern section on the left side that everytime you approach it, it forces the game to send a bolt down. If you have "No encounter" armor on it can be done quickly. Someone linked to a vid a page or so back.

wait the vita trophies are separate?

No, I meant I just got my Vita from Amazon today, and it was the first trophy I've ever earned using my Vita.

Flandy

Anyone else think that its BS that both the Vita and PS3 trophies are merged? I understand if a game is cross-buy why that would be. If you're making me buy the game two separate times though I should be getting two separate trophy lists >:l

XJF

Anyone else think that its BS that both the Vita and PS3 trophies are merged? I understand if a game is cross-buy why that would be. If you're making me buy the game two separate times though I should be getting two separate trophy lists >:l
Would you REALLY want to platinum these two games twice? lol

Backtracking Issue
I'm in the Calm Lands story wise, and I'm trying to backtrack for all the Jecht Spheres. It won't let me into Guadosalam. Tidus says it's "crawling with Seymour's cronies" then runs back toward the Thunder Plains.
. Am i missing something?

Flandy

Backtracking Issue
I'm in the Calm Lands story wise, and I'm trying to backtrack for all the Jecht Spheres. It won't let me into Guadosalam. Tidus says it's "crawling with Seymour's cronies" then runs back toward the Thunder Plains.

I have no intention of Platinuming them I just think it's bs

pariah164

HHNGH - (Al Bhed/Home/Major Plot spoiler)

I just now realized Valefor wraps its wings around Tidus after he breaks down. HNGH SO AMAZING MY HEART IS BREAKING EVERYWHERE.

inner-G

Banned
well, I plat'd the XIII series, and the OCD in me needs to have all FF plats lol except FFXIV. Fuck that lol
What happens if you play a bunch of XIV on PC and then switch to PS3/4? Do the previous trophies pop or do you have to restart for them?

HeelPower

They are. Most of your team kinda sucks, and in this last game, Keepa wouldn't grab the ball even if it softly floated in his direction.

IMO, this game is 90% luck, with a bit of skill. Use your specials - Jecht Shot and Poison Shot help a lot. I missed my Jecht shot, if it didn't it would be a lot easier on my heart :p Try to break the weaker defenders when shooting.

What I did a lot and worked sometimes was Pass the Ball to Tidus -> Break the First Defender -> Shot. Worked twice. Also got lucky once with the other offensive player.

Oh yeah, it also requires a lot of patience. I replayed that game more than 10 times, easily.

Last night I was actually able to do it for the first time ever after playing this game numerous times over the years. I have no idea how, but I was able to score one goal in the last second 30 seconds and time ran out right as the Goers were about to score. That felt good, man.

Guys I tried I tried I tried...Just failed...I want to move on with the playthrough..can't get through it.

Maybe later on...It got aggravating by the end...Especially when they just destroy you and you no chance.

Meowster

Backtracking Issue
I'm gonna need an answer for this one too.

Aurizen

There's a crater about half-way up the southern section on the left side that everytime you approach it, it forces the game to send a bolt down. If you have "No encounter" armor on it can be done quickly. Someone linked to a vid a page or so back.

No, I meant I just got my Vita from Amazon today, and it was the first trophy I've ever earned using my Vita.

ohhh ok lol

ZeroX03

Banned
If you can't backtrack yet, just push forward and do it later (are you doing it at the start of the Calm Lands or end?). The airship's still a while away. The backtracking isn't necessary either, it's just to save you the hassle of dealing with a few bosses (that you can insta kill if you prefer).

Synless

Hell no, now that I know they are merged, I might pick up the Vita version. Only reason I didn't was because I thought they would be separate and I didn't want two lists in my trophy collection.

XJF

If you can't backtrack yet, just push forward and do it later (are you doing it at the start of the Calm Lands or end?). The airship's still a while away. The backtracking isn't necessary either, it's just to save you the hassle of dealing with a few bosses (that you can insta kill if you prefer).

Technically beginning, I guess.

Which is better on Taming weapon, Counterattack or Evade&Counter? Not sure how reliable the "evade" part is

Just got to Thunder Plains. I smacked myself when I realized I missed a primer. I had gotten primers I-X and then I went a while without one and started thinking, "Man, it's been a worrying amount of time since I found the my last primer." Then the next primer I found was numbered XII :( I also found XIII after that. Oh well, don't anybody dare tell me where XI is, though! I'll go back and find it eventually and if it's a missable one then tough nuts to me I guess, I'll live. But I will NEVER resort to a guide. I can never bring myself to use guides for any games.

What happens if you play a bunch of XIV on PC and then switch to PS3/4? Do the previous trophies pop or do you have to restart for them?

From what I've heard if it's tallied trophies (i.e. doing something a certain number of times) if you have to do something like finish 1000 FATEs and you hit 1000 on PC and then move to PS3, the next FATE you do will unlock it, but as for one time trophies like story things, you have to actually play it on PS3 to get it.

Why? You are still using one file.

romulus91

im sorry if this has been asked ..new to the series

Re: sphere grid

1. Does the fixed sphere grid make sure each character gets certain skills?
2. If not, are there certain skills that i should definitely be getting for certain characters?
3. what are the best or good builds for each character?

2. If not, are there certain skills that i should definitely be getting for certain characters?

Standard has them on a general path (that later becomes for the most part whatever you want), clear with character classes for the most part.

Falk

that puzzling face
I know about the crater trick, but is it worth doing the lightning dodging the first time you go to the Thunder Plains or should you wait till after you get the airship and no encounters sigil?

I don't understand why anyone would put themselves through this and butterflies before getting encounter-none.

Erigu

It's been stated by some random NPCs that Blitzers train themselves to hold their breath for extended periods of time.
This is also explained somewhat in the Eternal Calm video too.
Which Yuna gets to the point in which she can hold her breath for nearly 3 full minutes.
And the Ultimania guides elaborated on that: nanom- I mean, pyreflies.

If you picked Standard, you follow a pretty linear path except for one character, so there's really no build. They become knights, white mage, black mage, etc

Everytime I play this game I run across this:

Chappu looks nothing like Tidus!

Haha! I had just gotten to the Farplane scene and just sat there thinking, "hmm, so that's supposed to look similar to Tidus.... hmmm.....". I notice sometimes in movies/tv when characters are supposed to be siblings or look similar that they sort of don't, but that's because they have to get actors that look similar, but can also act which can be tough, but in this case Square had complete control over how they render the models and yet they look quite different.

molnizzle

All cross save games are like this. Otherwise you could just keep copying over your most recent save before a trophy pop and get 2x trophies for the same playthrough. It makes perfect sense for cross save games to have shared trophy lists.

Also, the random battles in FFX are just as frequent and annoying as I remember. What a letdown, I can't believe they didn't tweak that at all.

Ugh. I better get my FFXII HD out of this.

Haha! I had just gotten to the Farplane scene and just sat there thinking, "hmm, so that's supposed to look similar to Tidus.... hmmm.....". I notice sometimes in movies/tv when characters are supposed to be siblings or look similar that they sort of don't, but that's because they have to get actors that look similar, but can also act which can be tough, but in this case Square had complete control over how they render the models and yet they look quite different.

Did you also notice the framerate drop on the walkway that leads to the Farplane?

I don't recall if it dropped or not. It did drop a fair bit when I switched to playing on Vita and was on the walkway leaving the village.

Yeah I am playing on the Vita. Don't see anything that would slow the Vita down but...

So I told Lulu that she was more my type, then she called me a little boy. So I guess she is saying there is a chance.

Top Bottom