• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

I feel like the game is screwing with me, I keep running across enemies where the sensor tells me how useful a certain ability is against it, yet I'm just not quite there yet (I know this is because of the sphere grid choices I'm making).

Also died for the first time in the
wendigo
fight. At least until I threw a petrify grenade first turn and killed its teammates :p

edit: I should ask is the (missable items)
Besaid Island item the only one I need to be concerned about returning to and getting before the airship? I'm assuming it's not too much work to return to before its too late?
Unless I'm totally misunderstanding.

Levyne

Banned
I feel like the game is screwing with me, I keep running across enemies where the sensor tells me how useful a certain ability is against it, yet I'm just not quite there yet (I know this is because of the sphere grid choices I'm making).

Also died for the first time in the
wendigo
fight. At least until I threw a petrify grenade first turn and killed its teammates :p

edit: I should ask is the (missable items)
Besaid Island item the only one I need to be concerned about returning to and getting before the airship? I'm assuming it's not too much work to return to before its too late?
Unless I'm totally misunderstanding.

Also the item behind the hardish boss in Zanarkand

The crest behind Yunalesca

Magnus

How does extract ability work?

Do I need to kill an enemy with the skill or does just hitting them suffice?

Also can I obtain more than one ability sphere her battle using this technique? Is it just one per enemy per battle?

Emitan

Also can I obtain more than one ability sphere her battle using this technique? Is it just one per enemy per battle?

When you hit them with it the enemy gains the property "Distill Ability" or something like that. You don't need to kill them with it, pretty sure. I put it on Yuna so she has something to do.

B.K.

Just hit the enemy with the ability and you'll get that type of sphere at the end of battle. The amount of spheres can be increased by Overkilling enemies. If you Overkill, you'll get more than you would with a regular kill.

Oddspeak

I haven't played FFX in a good 4+ years. I beat the Goers first try, 3-0.

I almost always liked Blitzball. I used to hate it at first like most do, but at some point, I gave it an honest-to-goodness shot as a minigame, and ended up getting addicted to it, playing tournament after tournament.

It's one of those things that becomes piss easy after you learn all the ins and outs of the mechanics and patterns.

Magnus

When you hit them with it the enemy gains the property "Distill Ability" or something like that. You don't need to kill them with it, pretty sure. I put it on Yuna so she has something to do.

Word, just saw all that and put it together. Thanks!

Also, holy shit at Lulu's little speech to the crew on the Kilika Temple stairway. Ice cold. I remember thinking so back in 2001 too, but damn. Lol

ubercheez

Auron has high base stats which leads people to believe his Sphere Grid path is what makes him stronger. This is not true and both Wakka and Tidus will outgrow him given enough time.

The fact that Auron doesn't totally suck is because of his base stats, but his path's growth is actually laughable.

If you want Kimahri to be a hitter, you can't go wrong with Wakka's path. Str and HP in abundance, plus Acc and well-rounded boosts for the other stats. Not to mention very useful abilities.

Steal/Use and Mug are very useful to have on at least one more character for all of the game and that alone makes it worth it to sneak him into Rikku's path. He'll get a lot of agility too so when you finally move him into someone else's late in the game, he'll be strong AND fast.

Tidus has decent stats and gives him a lot of utility with Hastega/Slowga, Delay Buster and Quick Hit and he'll be able to make use of his high Mana there.

Statistically speaking, Tidus, Wakka or Rikku generally are the best choices. Kimahri's MAG is rather low compared to Yuna and Lulu so he generally makes a terrible Mage.

This is really interesting. I always started him on Wakka's path because of his first few utility abilities (darkness attack and so forth) and then continued down it because I had no better ideas. Good to know that I defaulted into one of the best paths, haha. But I never used him anyway. :p

Rnr1224

decided to get both after i found out you couldnt buy them separately on vita. loving X so far. im not very far but im liking it a lot. the CG cutscenes look amazing!

just got to moonflow south. i'm getting used to the faces now. the textures and 1080p sharpness is really amazing, this games art design really holds up well the most though. From what i've heard of the new soundtrack it's all pretty good so far with the exception of Besiad Village which is now worse.

If I didn't have to go to work i would just keep playing. not many games out there that make me want to play 5+ hours straight, but FFX is for sure one of those games that hook you with its story and world.

link4117

I'm not sure if I'm on a nostalgia trip or not, but I'm loving playing through this again. I must say, while I never hated Tidus, I could see where some of it came from. However this time around he seems way less annoying to me. Maybe I've learned empathize better? His reactions, while maybe a bit overcooked, are fairly reasonable for his situation.

The one thing I can't get over is how creepy his face looks in some of the scenes though. The eyes against the perfectly smooth face send out some uncanny valley vibes to me.

Thoraxes

Hmm, PS3 version isn't booting for me anymore. It's just a solid black screen after starting it.

This is fucked up. All my other games work.

Levyne

Banned
Hmm, PS3 version isn't booting for me anymore. It's just a solid black screen after starting it.

This is fucked up. All my other games work.

Oh man :(((((

Maybe it's the disk issue someone else brought up earlier? Lemme see if I can find the posts..

Edit: A gamefaqs thread, something about pinholes in some of the disks?

Vorg

Banned
Hmm so I bought this from european psn and it's telling me "the content is not available before the start date". I had it installed already and was waiting for midnight (21st is the eu launch date) to be able to play it, but I guess it won't let me yet, for some reason. Kinda regretting that I haven't bought a physical copy now. Sigh. -_-

bobawesome

Lost about 40 minutes of grinding because my party was put to sleep and set aflame.

130457036593.jpg

Sweeeeet, game is downloading to my vita now, perfect timing for this release as have a 7 hour train journey on Saturday, iirc the first time you get introduced to blitzball don't you have to match the sequence perfectly to unlock an ability for the games which you don't get otherwise?

Thoraxes

Oh man :(((((

Maybe it's the disk issue someone else brought up earlier? Lemme see if I can find the posts..

Edit: A gamefaqs thread, something about pinholes in some of the disks?

Oh yeah, just checked it now, look at this! You can see a little bump in the plastic on the disc.

Gonna contact Amazon and hopefully get it fixed.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
The Luca Goers start the match with a free goal on me 20 seconds in. 1-0.

Letty manages to lure the team one way and got a free pass to Tidus on the other side of the field. Sneaks a goal in. 1-1.

In the second half, Tidus manages to get a good Jecht Shot in and scores another with 2SH remaining. 1-2.

Tag Wakka in. I wanted him to get the last goal in the last game of his career. Luckily, he has pretty good stats!

Got a quick goal in and managed to end the game without any more goals. 1-3.

Wish I could take screenshots on the PS3.

Korezo

They really screwed up Yuna face, the lip syncing got worst because of it, and all her facial animations are gone. When she yells her mouth doesn't even move or face shows expression. Now I think this is one if the worst remasters available, because the facial expressions were big, now in this game the serious scenes feel like a pure joke.

Jigolo

YO.

Few questions from a guy who's never played this game. I'm sure there have been Vita impressions but this thread is big. Too big.

So how does the Vita version run? Smooth?

Are the touchpad and touchscreen used for anything?

Now about the game itself.

Around how long is the game? Shorter than P4G?

Is there a ton of dialogue in the game? (P3P has a ton and it's getting boring)

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
They really screwed up Yuna face, the lip syncing got worst because of it, and all her facial animations are gone. When she yells her mouth doesn't even move or face shows expression. Now I think this is one if the worst remasters available, because the facial expressions were big, now in this game the serious scenes feel like a pure joke.

The dialogue and VA are a joke anyways.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm making a concerted effort to actually use Yuna this time around. Granted, being able to give her black magic early on kinda helps that.

Garland7G

Loved Blitzball back in the PS2 days so as soon as I unlocked it, I started playing exhibitions, tournys, and joined the league. Now my players are up to lvl 18ish. Dropped Batto and Datto (?) pretty quickly and scouted Shuu and Shaami. So much fun once you get the hang of it.

FUCK Blitzball. I've been trying to beat the Goers for like an hour now. It wouldn't suck so fucking hard if you could skip all the bullshit cutcenes.

QP3

Really jealous of everyone playing this on the vita, makes me want to pick one up!

Played this back in the day for about 26 hours, always planned to go back. Hope everyone is enjoying it!

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I can't continue until I win the Blitzball match. I've never done it before.
Try to just survive the first half without getting scored on. During halftime, have Tidus equip Jecht Shot. Your only goal in life now is to get the ball to Tidus so he can Jecht Shot at 3/4 court before 3 minutes. When Wakka swaps in, you can try to get a goal with him if you need to break a tie. His speed and shoot stats are pretty good.

Good luck!

Shahed

Anyone know if you can use a random save file from another user and inherit the Albhed Primers? While I plan on collecting them all, I'd like to know what they are saying early on and I doubt I'll play this game twice

Levyne

Banned
When do you start getting level 2 unlocks? I have a couple people parked on the grid thinking I'll run into some soon...

(I'm in Macalania)

Kirye

When do you start getting level 2 unlocks? I have a couple people parked on the grid thinking I'll run into some soon...

(I'm in Macalania)

I believe the boss there gives you 1 or 2 lvl 2 key spheres. Haven't gotten there yet so it's off of memory.

YO.

Few questions from a guy who's never played this game. I'm sure there have been Vita impressions but this thread is big. Too big.

So how does the Vita version run? Smooth?

Are the touchpad and touchscreen used for anything?

Now about the game itself.

Around how long is the game? Shorter than P4G?

Is there a ton of dialogue in the game? (P3P has a ton and it's getting boring)

Vita version is running great for me. Haven't tried the PS3 version yet, but as of now I haven't had any issues on Vita. Cutscenes look amazing on it.

The touch screen is used for a minor menu that quickly heals your party or changes the length of summon cutscenes in battle, but otherwise no.

Depends on what you put into the game. The main story is shorter than P4G, but including side stuff it's longer.

Much less dialogue than Persona games.

FUCK Blitzball. I've been trying to beat the Goers for like an hour now. It wouldn't suck so fucking hard if you could skip all the bullshit cutcenes.

I can't continue until I win the Blitzball match. I've never done it before.

protip: First half, as soon as you get the ball switch to manual control and hang out in the bottom right corner passing between Tidus, Letty, and Jassu the entire time. Pass to whoever's open and don't get caught by more than one defender and the goers will never get the ball. If you pass the entire time you'll get enough EXP to get Tidus to at least level 3 for the second half so you can equip him with
jecht shot
, and if you get Letty to level 3 he can use venom pass.

In the second half have Letty swim about half field and pass to Tidus, have tidus get as close to the net as possible and use
jecht shot
to take out 2 defenders and hopefully score. Then pray the Goers don't score on their next posession and as soon as you get the ball, use the pass cheese to whoever's open between Tidus/Wakka, Letty, and Jassu until time runs out. Easiest way to win and you gain a ton of EXP passing the entire time.

Meowster

The scene right after you beat Seymour in Bevelle and retreat to the Calm Lands. Tidus and Yuna pretending to end the pilgrimage, fantasizing their future together, and her crying at the end leading up to Suteki Da Ne. Hold me GAF, the most emotional scene in the game is happening.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Anyone have issues with Amazon not shipping their order? I bought the special edition version on ps3 and still hasnt shipped, preordered in July last year :/

Jigolo

Vita version is running great for me. Haven't tried the PS3 version yet, but as of now I haven't had any issues on Vita. Cutscenes look amazing on it.

The touch screen is used for a minor menu that quickly heals your party or changes the length of summon cutscenes in battle, but otherwise no.

Depends on what you put into the game. The main story is shorter than P4G, but including side stuff it's longer.

Much less dialogue than Persona games.

o1UNa.gif

Thank you, Kirye.

Top Bottom