• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Yeah I am playing on the Vita. Don't see anything that would slow the Vita down but...

So I told Lulu that she was more my type, then she called me a little boy. So I guess she is saying there is a chance.

Yeah, it's a rather unpopulated location so it's strange it slows down.

Haha, I was tempted to pick that option. I was curious what she would say, but I just chose the ever exciting "Okay." option.

Emitan

Everytime I play this game I run across this:

Chappu looks nothing like Tidus!

5OpfRfv.png

His official art has the same face as Tidus. In game model looks NOTHING like him.

APeacefulPanda

Neo Member
Man, getting the 200 lightning bolt in a row thing is pretty tough when you'll get shocked instantly coming out of battles sometimes. Would've liked to have gotten it out of the way, but there's just no way I'm gonna waste time on it right now if I'll just get cheaped out of it.

By the way (completely unrelated), one of the more obvious benefits I've noticed early on from the international version additions is all the extract abilities, most notable ability extract. I had no idea US versions (of the original) were missing these. I can remember running out of ability spheres early on in the game countless times in the past, especially if you're not grinding too much in the right areas. Then you'd have to stay where you were at on the grid for a looooong time if you didn't want to waste levels later on to go back and grab that ability. Extract makes early grid building much, much smoother.

Atlantis

I know about the crater trick, but is it worth doing the lightning dodging the first time you go to the Thunder Plains or should you wait till after you get the airship and no encounters sigil?

You get 3(!) Strength Spheres for dodging 50 bolts, which is quite a nice bonus for not a lot of work. It's not needed of course, but it's worth doing IMO.

im sorry if this has been asked ..new to the series

Re: sphere grid

1. Does the fixed sphere grid make sure each character gets certain skills?
2. If not, are there certain skills that i should definitely be getting for certain characters?
3. what are the best or good builds for each character?

The Standard Grid is very linear. There's some slight customization that can be done before the endgame, but it's nothing major and it can be skipped. The Expert Grid is similar, with a little more freedom.

If you're looking for advice, mine would be that Cheer is worth using and that you shouldn't neglect the Steal skill.

Tidus is always such a great main character to me. I love him and his humor.

Ah, such thinking is unbecoming of a summoner!

Spoiler tagged just in case:
What's interesting about Tidus is how he realizes all the shit he says to Yuna during that conversation is actually really fucked up when he finds out later on what really happens after a Summoner defeats Sin.

_woLf

Does Lulu really have boob jiggle in this HD version?

She didn't have that in the original...at least not that I remember. They really went through the trouble for it?

Would you REALLY want to platinum these two games twice? lol

Backtracking Issue
I'm in the Calm Lands story wise, and I'm trying to backtrack for all the Jecht Spheres. It won't let me into Guadosalam. Tidus says it's "crawling with Seymour's cronies" then runs back toward the Thunder Plains.
. Am i missing something?

The only chance you can backtrack for the Jecht Sphere in Besaid is directly after defeating Spherimorph at Macalania

Banzai

Finally got to play this yesterday. Defeated Ochu before I called it a day.

Now that I've played it I can safely say: There's nothing wrong with Tidus's new model. It's Yuna that looks weird.

Can't wait to continue later!

jaxword

Does Lulu really have boob jiggle in this HD version?

She didn't have that in the original...at least not that I remember. They really went through the trouble for it?

It was there, I remember 10 year old me going 0_0.

It was also really really pixelated, though, so it was probably not noticeable on most ancient SD tvs.

B.K.

Is there a way to reset the Blitzball Tournament prizes? I don't want to do League games until one tournament ends and another starts with items I want.

Flandy

All cross save games are like this. Otherwise you could just keep copying over your most recent save before a trophy pop and get 2x trophies for the same playthrough. It makes perfect sense for cross save games to have shared trophy lists.

Also, the random battles in FFX are just as frequent and annoying as I remember. What a letdown, I can't believe they didn't tweak that at all.

Ugh. I better get my FFXII HD out of this.

Sound Shapes a CROSS-BUY title had 3 different lists. Dat triple platinum.
MGS HD had different lists for both the Vita and PS3 version. That's only cross-save or transferring or w/e it was called
Just beat the Chocobo Eater for the first time ever.

I just beat him too. It's my second time managing to beat him. Have no idea how I beat him the first time. I prepared both of my Aeons overdrives and Yunas in anticipation of the battle. Used Valefors 2nd overdrive twice and Ifrits. Each overdrive did about 3000 damage

This thread has 4000k posts. The game just came out two days ago.

The Lightning Returns thread has 4112 posts. It came out a month ago.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I did notice this thread had been moving awfully fast but holy crap. :lol

HeelPower

Yeah, ability extract makes the game much much smoother.

I forgot just how addictive FFX is. I don't why but it just is. It's one of those games where when I stop playing it, and look at it, I see it as a very flawed game. But when I'm actually playing, I don't even think of it.

Tidus is always such a great main character to me. I love him and his humor.

Ah, such thinking is unbecoming of a summoner!

Because its a really well constructed game...Linear sure..But pacing is brilliant.

Areas are short and sweet and usually through smart usage of camera angles, the layout seem completely different and most of the time it actually is(compare Luca to any previous location for example)

In 4 hours you can reach luca in FFX...You'd be plodding through the hanging edge in that time in FFXIII.

FFX is linearity done well.

Really? Was under the assumption that you had some leeway post-Calm Land. Sorry for the bad advice guys.

During the PS2 days, I tried to backtrack to Besaid post-Bevelle/Calm Land storyline and ran into the same problem as you. It makes sense too.
At that point of the storyline, the Guado is after your party due to the storyline events - doubt they'd let you into their city

So you only have a very narrow window to backtrack unfortunately.

Squire

Banned
Because its a really well constructed game...Linear sure..But pacing is brilliant.

Areas are short and sweet and usually through smart usage of camera angles, the layout seem completely different and most of the time it actually is(compare Luca to any previous location for example)

In 4 hours you can reach luca in FFX...You'd be plodding through the hanging edge in that time in FFXIII.

FFX is linearity done well.

It's the pacing. The game is just paced extremely well.

I passed on getting Extract Ability for Wakka. Bad move.

Maybe I can get it for Kimahri! :D

Flandy

Did the original US version have these extract sphere abilities? I don't remember them at all. The extract ability sphere Wakka has is really helpful.

Here is the Yuna Garb for Lightning in Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns,I have no need for it as I will never purchase that game,Final Fantasy X is going to occupy my time entirely.

HQMG-NQN2-LR7T

Flandy

Here is the Yuna Garb for Lightning in Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns,I have no need for it as I will never purchase that game,Final Fantasy X is going to occupy my time entirely.

HQMG-NQN2-LR7T

Either already used or can't be used in NA :(

edit: to the person above me. booo! :mad:

HeelPower

Tip.

Have everyone mark the guy who has 13 in Shooting. In the first half, every time the goers have the ball, switch it to right side, Usually, with luck, you'll have 2-3 guys corner that guy. In second half, when the Goers have the ball put it on mark mode or right field.

This seems really useful..ill try this against the assholes with extremely high shooting points..ugh

Squire

Banned
Did the original US version have these extract sphere abilities? I don't remember them at all. The extract ability sphere Wakka has is really helpful.

I've been thinking the same thing all afternoon. They must be an addition/balance change. Not surprising, either. I remember never having an issue getting ability spheres in the original. When I needed one, I had one and that was it. It was weird.

Now not having one can be the difference between moving on the grid and not.

Flandy

Do the PS3 and Vita versions share a trophy list?

Yes :mad:

I've been thinking the same thing all afternoon. They must be an addition/balance change. Not surprising, either. I remember never having an issue getting ability spheres in the original. When I needed one, I had one and that was it. It was weird.

Now not having one can be the difference between moving on the grid and not.

I remember being short on them in the original this early on in the game. Did you have the PAL or US version?

Atlantis

Ability Spheres were really odd in the original game. Random encounters that drop them don't become available until Mi'ihen, so you either need to get a lucky drop off of the Piranhas from the start of the game or Overkill certain bosses to get extra drops.

If you don't, even with minimal leveling, you'll still run out of them before reaching Mi'ihen.

Zetta

I remember killing the fish at the beginning with Rikku and Tidus for hours so I didn't have any issues with Ability Spheres. Having the ability this time around helps a hell of a lot.

Squire

Banned
I remember being short on them in the original this early on in the game. Did you have the PAL or US version?

Ability Spheres were really odd in the original game. Random encounters that drop them don't become available until Mi'ihen, so you either need to get a lucky drop off of the Piranhas from the start of the game or Overkill certain bosses to get extra drops.

If you don't, even with minimal leveling, you'll still run out of them before reaching Mi'ihen.

US version.

Man, I don't remember ever having an issue with them before. But I also do this weird self-imposed grinding there where I level everyone up 4 S.levels before proceeding to the boss of the area I'm in.

I'm only now realizing how weird that is.

Meowster

Any advice on getting the crest for Tidus? I've beaten all of the chocobo racer's stuff but I just can't get it down to zero. Every guide I've read says that the first five balloons are the easiest and most essential ones to get but she is always outpacing me. I rarely can get them but the ones at the end are easy. Am I missing something?

jaxword

I wonder if anyone's going to be driven insane with trying to figure out the
Omega Ruins
and its completely insane and Un-calculateable random chest generating.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
is it just me, or are the load times on PS3 a tad long ? I don't remember them being this long on the PS2 ..

then again it's been almost 8 years since I last replayed the PS2 version.

Emitan

I just grinded for 2 hours in order to get enough money to get O'aka to have cheap prices later. Why is the cutoff so early?

Raggie

Final Fantasy X. One of those games apparently everyone else loves but me.

It was the game that made me realize I'd outgrown Final Fantasy.

ryushe

You could lose to Chocobo Eater?

I honestly didn't know that. o_O

Anyway, playing this game omw to work and then coming home to continue on my PS3 is the first next-gen experience I've had this year.

And I've played with the XB1 and PS4 :lol

Banzai

Hm Ive never managed to push the Chocobo Eater down the cliff. He always died before then ...

The Cutscene of him falling is supposed to be funny, too. hopefully I'll get to see it this time.

Top Bottom