• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Dantis

Hoping my copy will arrive today. Very excited!

How are load times on the Vita version?

Final Fantasy X. One of those games apparently everyone else loves but me.

It was the game that made me realize I'd outgrown Final Fantasy.

Maybe it's just me, but this seems like a weird thing to say in a Final Fantasy X OT.

ramyeon

I just grinded for 2 hours in order to get enough money to get O'aka to have cheap prices later. Why is the cutoff so early?

What did you lose all your money on? I easily gave him 10,001 before Mushroom Rock Road. 1000 first time, 1000 second time, 8001 third time with a decent chunk left over.
Isn't it a waste of Gil? I only ended up giving him 1001 to make it so that things were only 20% inflated. Never need to buy anything from him anyway.

Number45

Going to pick this up on Vita at some point and try and actually complete it. Started it a couple of times on PS2 - first time was a time when I played so many games at the same time that I never finished ANYTHING, second time I remember hitting a brick wall quite a way into the game (same thing happened at the end of IX for me, which is a shame because I loved IX).

is there any easy way to tell how balanced each character is when progressing along the spheregrid?

im trying to get each character on equal footing and now that I have Rikku she getting demolished. it would be simple if they had levels associated to them but they don't

CrusherEAGLE

Neo Member
I have the original 100% prima strategy guide for FFX-2. What are the changes?

Just wondering if there will be any significant changes to get to 100% this time around, seeing as I have the original guide and all and don't want to miss anything.

Last time I missed 100% on the first run through by just one scene D=

Finally got the game. Only at baaj temple at the beginning but so far I'm really inpressed with how it looks and plays on the Vita. Can't wait to get tto Besaid and see how something with a lot of colour looks. I feel like I'm rediscovering this game already and it feels great

HeelPower

I stopped right at RIn's Travel agency in the Mihen Highroad.

This is exactly why I think the world is brimming with life.

Just so far Maechen, Shelinda, Belgemine,Luzzo and Ghatta, Rin's Travel agency, Calli that little girl who wants another calm... Emma and Lucil...Crusaders going about talking about the upcoming operation..

Its just so cohesive and lively imo...Such characters really bring the world to life...its not just about the main cast all the time in this game.

Few games actually do that.

Arthea

left all night to download, reporting it was success!
I plan to start it today.
Please, tell me that there are no achievements for lightning dodging and chocobo racing, pretty please!

ZeroX03

Banned
left all night to download, reporting it was success!
I plan to start it today.
Please, tell me that there are no achievements for lightning dodging and chocobo racing, pretty please!

There's no achievements for those.

But there are trophies!

Shahadan

It's funny how the OST completely passed over my head as a kid. I'm really appreciating the music this time. Movement in Green is awesome!

Falk

that puzzling face
I stopped right at RIn's Travel agency in the Mihen Highroad.

This is exactly why I think the world is brimming with life.

Just so far Maechen, Shelinda, Belgemine,Luzzo and Ghatta, Rin's Travel agency, Calli that little girl who wants another calm... Emma and Lucil...Crusaders going about talking about the upcoming operation..

Its just so cohesive and lively imo...Such characters really bring the world to life...its not just about the main cast all the time in this game.

Few games actually do that.

Yeah, there are so many optional little cutscenes that you had to go out of your way to find. From all the NPCs all the way up to additional main character backstory like Wakka and Lulu talking on the boat to Kilika made exploring very rewarding. FFX definitely mixed up 'linear storytelling' with 'exploration' the right way.

Tiu Neo

Guys I tried I tried I tried...Just failed...I want to move on with the playthrough..can't get through it.

Maybe later on...It got aggravating by the end...Especially when they just destroy you and you no chance.

It's ok, you can try it again next time :D It requires a lot of patience. Would be a lot easier if you could skip all those dialogs and cutscenes...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ok, I never read up on how the Vita version would be distributed and didn't realize there was a code in the box for x-2. I bought the retail Euro copy and now I'm stuck with a useless code that I can't use with my US account. Not sure what I can do. :-/

Anyone want to trade?

genbatzu

so picky!
man, that's worst what could happen! :(

nope, actually the worst trophy will be to complete every single field of the grid (this includes filling up empty fields) with every single character

// i just bought my copy. 2 ps vita copies left and I had forgotten to get money, so I hid one behind NFS Rivals (Vita) and ran down to ATM and got some money. When I was back in the Store the last copy was gone! but luckily I hid "my" copy behind NfSR *_*

Ourobolus

Banned
So many memories coming back. Such a great game. Knocked the Chocobo Eater over the cliff (Yuna + Fire = damage!).

I totally forgot about the giant encounter rate on Mi'ihen Highroad though...at least it was good for a few levels.

Xenex

nope, actually the worst trophy will be to complete every single field of the grid (this includes filling up empty fields) with every single character

You shit me not? Oh my, that's gunna take me a while.

I just bought my copy. 2 ps vita copies left and I had forgotten to get money, so I hid one behind NFS Rivals (Vita) and ran down to ATM and got some money. When I was back in the Store the last copy was gone! but luckily I hid "my" copy behind NfSR *_*

I have also used this tactic, works wonders.

genbatzu

You shit me not? Oh my, that's gunna take me a while.

I have also used this tactic, works wonders.

nope, it's true, I couldn't believe it myself...
since I've played through FF X 3 times on my PS2 I spoilered me all trophies, and they are insane...

that's the gold trophy btw:
Perfect Sphere Master
Complete the Sphere Grids for all main characters

I only ever have gone 2x around the whole master grid with wakka on my first playthrough, maxing him out to 255 all stats and 160 luck.

the item grind is worse than the level grind

Xenex

nope, it's true, I couldn't believe it myself...
since I've played through FF X 3 times on my PS2 I spoilered me all trophies, and they are insane...

that's the gold trophy btw:
Perfect Sphere Master
Complete the Sphere Grids for all main characters

I only ever have gone 2x around the whole master grid with wakka on my first playthrough, maxing him out to 255 all stats and 160 luck.

the item grind is worse than the level grind

I've never done it :/ . As I'm on the ESG that means less nodes and easier to complete right?

Why am I hearing the "wrong" sound during Tidus' overdrive? You're supposed to press X in the yellow area right?

If you are playing on an HDTV, you need to press X before the yellow area by the right amount to compensate for display lag.

Just wait till you try Lightning Dodging with it.

Not including elemental weapons, should I be doing only 300 dmg per hit with my melee characters? Seems like I should be doing more on Mushroom Road after fighting
Sinspawn Gui.

Tidus can't seem to hit that regularly in the first place.

Not including elemental weapons, should I be doing only 300 dmg per hit with my melee characters? Seems like I should be doing more on Mushroom Road after fighting
Sinspawn Gui.

Seems about right. You can still oneshot non-big enemies if you use elemental weapons.

ZeroX03

Banned
Sinspawn Gui.

Because of the nature of the sphere grid stats tend to level up slower. The game is balanced toward this, so you won't be seeing bosses with 100k+ HP for a long time, If you're following the path and fighting every encounter you should be fine. And yes, using elements for weapons in battle is expected, the game lets you change equipment in battle for that.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So for people with both, which do you prefer to play? I want to get the Vita version, but I feel weird if the PS3 version is that much better/cool/whatever.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So for people with both, which do you prefer to play? I want to get the Vita version, but I feel weird if the PS3 version is that much better/cool/whatever.
I'm just pissed that the Vita version only includes FFX on a card. FFX-2 is just a download code which I can't even use. Feeling burned by it. :mad:

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm just pissed that the Vita version only includes FFX on a card. FFX-2 is just a download code which I can't even use. Feeling burned by it. :mad:

Yeah... I probably won't even have room for X-2 on my Vita and I have a 32GB card. Think it's time to invest in a 64GBer.

Top Bottom