• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

genbatzu

Chocobo trophy is rather simple tbh but the lightning one is another case.

there is a nice spot, where the lightning always hits right in a corner, that's where I grinded on the PS2 version for it (counted with a check list >.<), makes it a lot easier, at least for me.

I hated khimaris butterfly thingy waaaay more <.<

and chocobo run..omg... I tried hours after hours and finally was able to get 0.0.0 once, run straight to save sphere and guess what... Morbol/Marlborro came across and wiped my party -.-

btw: even after the lightning triology has ended, we still have to deal with her ;/

PK Gaming

Wow, getting 200 dodges in the Lightning flash minigame is a trophy. I seriously pity the people going for platinum; its going to be extremely rough.

Shahadan

If you are playing on an HDTV, you need to press X before the yellow area by the right amount to compensate for display lag.

Just wait till you try Lightning Dodging with it.

I'm on Vita, so lag didn't come to mind at first, but yes I have to press a bit before the yellow bar. After a quick google search it seems like some people have this problem too . Weird.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm on Vita, so lag didn't come to mind at first, but yes I have to press a bit before the yellow bar. After a quick google search it seems like some people have this problem too . Weird.

Huh. I haven't noticed any lag when it comes to Tidus's Overdrives. Weird.

I may have to try Expert Sphere Grid. Although I've only played once in the pass, I think I'll manage.

Has anyone tried buying the guide book? It seems like its sold out online.

Zetta

there is a nice spot, where the lightning always hits right in a corner, that's where I grinded on the PS2 version for it (counted with a check list >.<), makes it a lot easier, at least for me.

I hated khimaris butterfly thingy waaaay more <.<

and chocobo run..omg... I tried hours after hours and finally was able to get 0.0.0 once, run straight to save sphere and guess what... Morbol/Marlborro came across and wiped my party -.-

btw: even after the lightning triology has ended, we still have to deal with her ;/

Lol very true about Lightning and I remember the crater you run in a circle to avoid it. My fondest memory is getting 197 and having my 3rd nephew decide he wanted to play with me. I made Lulu a custom weapon after that. Never had an issue with the buttleflies so I never paid it much thought.

Huh. I haven't noticed any lag when it comes to Tidus's Overdrives. Weird.

The very first time I used Meg Ryan's overdrive there was input delay, but every time since it's been fine.

It actually threw me off the second time I used it because I was expecting input delay and there wasn't any

Just got my Limited Edition through the letterbox. Shit looks...

jeans-out-of-dryer-tuco-tight-tight-tight-breaking-bad.gif

Not opening it yet though. You've got to put weeks into these games to complete them, and I'm expecting Second Son tomorrow, which I can probably breeze through in a matter of days, so I don't want to get side-tracked during my revisit to Spira.

Because of the nature of the sphere grid stats tend to level up slower. The game is balanced toward this, so you won't be seeing bosses with 100k+ HP for a long time, If you're following the path and fighting every encounter you should be fine. And yes, using elements for weapons in battle is expected, the game lets you change equipment in battle for that.

Seems about right. You can still oneshot non-big enemies if you use elemental weapons.

Thank you Jesus. I've been relying on Tidus with Haste and Cheer. I feel like he should be doing more damage but whateverrr.

At least I beat the
Chocobo Eater
in one go. Haste on Tidus, Cheer, Wakka with Blind, Haste on Lulu, Fire Fire Fire Fire Overdrive Fire Fire Fire (or was it Ice? I don't remember), flipped him over, Overdrive with that bird summon, then switched out for Ifrit. Killed him before he fell off the cliff.

Don't fuck with my birds.

Picked this up at launch; I'm currently in Guadosalam, specifically at the scene where
creepy stalker ass Seymour proposes to Yuna.

After seeing how aggressively shitty the Jak trilogy was, I'm impressed by how well the game looks and runs. The only real problem is the frequency of load-times, but even that hasn't been a major issue. It's a nice change of pace from the usual quality of Vita ports.

They REALLY fucked up the redesigned faces, though. Everyone is less expressive, especially Yuna, and Tidus looks like a deformed doll with plastic eyes. The characters emoted better 14 years ago. It's a jarring downgrade that has yet to stop bothering me.

The game is still just as fun to play through as when I was in middle school. One thing I've been struck by is how easy the game has been so far--I remember it being a real backbreaker later on, but I haven't had many problems yet. I just hope the difficulty curve isn't too steep...

One thing I've been wondering about: from Guadosalam onwards, where are the best areas to grind? I've heard the bridge on Bevelle mentioned, but are there any others?

You don't really need to grind at all in the main FFX story if you just include every character in every battle (giving them all a turn) and make sure to overkill just about every single enemy (definitely every single boss).

Just got my Limited Edition through the letterbox. Shit looks...

jeans-out-of-dryer-tuco-tight-tight-tight-breaking-bad.gif

Not opening it yet though. You've got to put weeks into these games to complete them, and I'm expecting Second Son tomorrow, which I can probably breeze through in a matter of days, so I don't want to get side-tracked during my revisit to Spira.

Did it literally come though the letterbox? Mine is being delivered by Amazon Logistics and has apparently been handed to a resident even though no one is home. I'm worried that it's sitting outside somewhere.

Xenex

ah! yes, then it's a bit easier, since lesser nodes/fields, still a lot of grind work though.
Last time i finished it was back in july 2008 but I can still remember the endless hours of grinding sphere items >.<

Well at least there's comfort that it's slightly easier. Yeah not looking forward to the shpere grind, wouldn't be a problem if we could store more than 99, as with the amount of battle I have I would accumulate thousands *sigh*.

The only real problem is the frequency of load-times...

This is what got to me as well, I think it's cause during last generation they were severely reduced. With that said whilst playing the game you do get used to it again and you barely notice.

Shop equipment are the worst in FFX imo.

They put Froststrike with Firestrike for auto abilities.... like wtf?

Its much better to just put in your own ability choices.

Tiamant

That's it. I've tried to start playing X first but the combat system is flat and boring so I'll start X2 now and leave X for one of those boring summer afternoons.

Where can I find a good walkthrough of X2 with all the International content? I wanted to buy the guide but it's been delayed 2 weeks in Spain :(

XJF

FFX would be a lot better if you could customize abilities before Calm Lands. What were they thinking? You should have been able to do it by the time you hit Mi'ihen.

This was unlocked right after
Rikku joins the party
. The only customization thing unlocked in the Calm Lands is for the
Aeons through fighting Belgemine
southwest of central save-sphere

Got to see the laughing scene in HD, thanks Square!
Forgot how handicapped you got in Blitzball. I had to try it three times to win the championship. Thinking I am going to skip 100% until the next playthrough and just go for the Al Bhed Primers. Anything else that carries over unto a new file?

Did it literally come though the letterbox? Mine is being delivered by Amazon Logistics and has apparently been handed to a resident even though no one is home. I'm worried that it's sitting outside somewhere.

It did sir. Ordered mine through Amazon too, didn't pay for postage and packaging, but it still came today and was delivered through the letterbox. I wouldn't worry about your package sitting on the porch.

I'm in the UK by the way, if that makes any difference. Maybe our Royal Mail does things differently to wherever you're from.

Levyne

Banned
Under the expert grid is it easy to screw up your party, which will cause you to do a game reset?

Not really. You might end up with a character who is weaker if he wanders into a weak part of the grid for him, but the game is easy as it is, and you can always get more sphere levels to move them back. Plus hopefully for every weaker character (for me, Wakka) you end up with one or two stronger ones.

Nobody should ever have to reset because they went down "the wrong grid". Heck, some crazy people play through the game without touching the grid at all!

It did sir. Ordered mine through Amazon too, didn't pay for postage and packaging, but it still came today and was delivered through the letterbox. I wouldn't worry about your package sitting on the porch.

I'm in the UK by the way, if that makes any difference. Maybe our Royal Mail does things differently to wherever you're from.
Awesome, thanks for replying. I'm in the UK too so hopefully it's safely inside my house.

anddo0

Not really. You might end up with a character who is weaker if he wanders into a weak part of the grid for him, but the game is easy as it is, and you can always get more sphere levels to move them back. Plus hopefully for every weaker character (for me, Wakka) you end up with one or two stronger ones.

Nobody should ever have to reset because they went down "the wrong grid". Heck, some crazy people play through the game without touching the grid at all!

Even the standard one is kinda confusing to me. I just want to enjoy the story. So, if there is no real possibility of screwing myself down the road. I'm happy to hear that.

ZeroX03

Banned
Under the expert grid is it easy to screw up your party, which will cause you to do a game reset?

It is possible to end up wandering up the low levels and have characters with a whole bunch of skills but low stat distribution, but there's still clearly outlined paths for everyone (sans Kimahri). You can just start following one if you get lost.

RaikuHebi

Banned
What do you guys reckon re: availability of the Vita version in several months?

I don't want to buy it until Summer when I go on holiday. Would the price even drop by then?

Faenix1

Alright. I'm about to start my playthrough and wanted to try something new. Figured I'd ask.

Is it easy to determine which grid is "best" a character so you don't go down some weak path? I know next to nothing about international changes..

ZeroX03

Banned
About to start so I figured I'd ask. Is it easy to determine which grid is "best" a character so you don't go down some weak path? I know next to nothing about international changes..

Assuming you've played the game before it should be pretty obvious which character goes where. Unless you're intentionally deviating from the path you won't screw up.

But I suppose deviating from the path is most of the fun of the expert grid, if you aren't intending to be a little creative and just want to be straightforward you might as well go standard.

Faenix1

Assuming you've played the game before it should be pretty obvious which character goes where. Unless you're intentionally deviating from the path you won't screw up.

But I suppose deviating from the path is most of the fun of the expert grid, if you aren't intending to be a little creative and just want to be straightforward you might as well go standard.

It's been over 10 years.. I doubt I'll remember anything when it comes to the grid. I'm kind of hoping to do a hybrid so I don't screw up my characters - assuming it's possible. As I said, been a long time

Pollux

You don't really need to grind at all in the main FFX story if you just include every character in every battle (giving them all a turn) and make sure to overkill just about every single enemy (definitely every single boss).

How do you intentionally "overkill", I do it about 55% of the time, but I have no intention to do it or what causes it to happen...

Vashetti

Banned
It looks sub-native to me BUT has a very soft and clean image quality so it still looks quite nice.

I think we owe SE an apology regarding the Vita version.

I remember for months we had no media or release date for it and we all assumed it had been quietly cancelled.

Fast forward to now and the game looks and runs great on the Vita, there was nothing to worry about.

Hyped for XII Vita if this is what they can pull off already.

ZeroX03

Banned
How do you intentionally "overkill", I do it about 55% of the time, but I have no intention to do it or what causes it to happen...

Overkill is a term used in Final Fantasy X that occurs when the character defeats a fiend or other enemy with excessive force. All enemies have an Overkill HP stat, and if a character lands a killing blow dealing damage equal to or greater than this number, the word "Overkill" appears before the fiend dissipates into pyreflies. Overkilled enemies are nearly always worth more AP and drop twice as many items than enemies that are not overkilled.

From the wiki. Long story short: just use really strong attacks to kill enemies and get bonus AP and items for it. Overdrive, summon attacks, strong spells, etc.

Top Bottom