• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

XJF

From the wiki. Long story short: just use really strong attacks to kill enemies and get bonus AP and items for it. Overdrive, summon attacks, strong spells, etc.
The part in the quote about all enemies having an overkill stat is wrong.
Mortibody in the Bevelle Seymour
has no overkill at all

Cornbread78

I think we owe SE an apology regarding the Vita version.

I remember for months we had no media or release date for it and we all assumed it had been quietly cancelled.

Fast forward to now and the game looks and runs great on the Vita, there was nothing to worry about.

Hyped for XII Vita if this is what they can pull off already.

I completely agree it looks amazing. I'm really impresed in the visuals on the CGI especially; lots of crisp clear detail and lifelike models... All we can hope for is that FFX sells well enough on VITA to warrant them in making XII on VITA as well! Please buy it VITAGAF!

Tiamant

My god, 10 minutes playing FFX2 and there are new features already!

4th party member! And they can learn 4 attacks, they just put Pokémon in my Final Fantasy, fuck yes!

Emitan

I think we owe SE an apology regarding the Vita version.

I remember for months we had no media or release date for it and we all assumed it had been quietly cancelled.

Fast forward to now and the game looks and runs great on the Vita, there was nothing to worry about.

Hyped for XII Vita if this is what they can pull off already.

Oh my gosh I can't stop thinking about it. Having XII with my anywhere and it looks gorgeous? *hyperventilates*

Grind for what? Sphere levels? Rare spheres? Overdrive modes? Items?

Sphere levels, mainly.

This is what got to me as well, I think it's cause during last generation they were severely reduced. With that said whilst playing the game you do get used to it again and you barely notice.

Yeah, it really got to me at first, but I've gotten used to it. Plastic Babyface Tidus, on the other hand... *shudders*

ZeroX03

Banned
My god, 10 minutes playing FFX2 and there are new features already!

4th party member! And they can learn 4 attacks, they just put Pokémon in my Final Fantasy, fuck yes!

I'm so looking forward to replaying X-2, the international features are insane. Finishing X first.

Speaking of X, I wasn't paying any attention and missed the Destruction Sphere in the Besaid Temple. Which you can't enter even if you backtrack. Gotta face a Dark Aeon just to get Anima, and without him there's a good deal of stuff locked out. I find it funny considering how meticulous I've been with everything else I overlooked something ridiculously simple. Should spend less time posting on here and more time looking at the screen.

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
This is my first time ever playing this game and I'm around 7 and a half hours in just past Luca. Loving every minute so far, but does the game get longer as you go on? Really don't want this game to end, but looked at a walkthrough and I'm a lot further in than I thought.

Speaking of X, I wasn't paying any attention and missed the Destruction Sphere in the Besaid Temple.

I did the same thing. I decided that I am just going to finish the game with all Primers and then do another playthrough for the 100%. It will make more sense because I can read all the Al Bhed dialogue.

I'm not worried about missables and trophies. Am I the only one that just enjoys the ride? I'm obsessive enough in real life.

This collection plus P4G makes Vita absolutely amazing for me. I never would have dreamed being able to play these games anywhere with instant suspend even a few years ago. It's awesome.

Tiu Neo

This is my first time ever playing this game and I'm around 7 and a half hours in just past Luca. Loving every minute so far, but does the game get longer as you go on? Really don't want this game to end, but looked at a walkthrough and I'm a lot further in than I thought.

Don't worry, you still have a lot to do. Even more if you want to do side activities.

Levyne

Banned

There's a large portion of "end game content". If you are liking the game, you can play for 100 hours or more going for the optional bosses and such. Plenty to do :)

I'm not worried about missables and trophies. Am I the only one that just enjoys the ride? I'm obsessive enough in real life.

Luckily this game doesn't have many missables, and you don't really need to follow a guide of any sort as long as you know to look out for Primers and maybe a couple other things. X-2 however...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Just saw they have a trophy for dodging 200 lightning bolts and getting a 0.00.00 time in the Chocobo trial minigame.

I vowed I would never go through that garbage again in my life but if and when I do play this port, it would be nice to just breeze through and not OCD on the secrets like I did the first time. The combat system was good stuff.

Oh man typing this reminded me of getting 100% completion in FFX-2 as well. Such a joyless feat. I dug that game more than it deserved, but it is so easy to flubb a missable, even using a guide. Just thinking about this stuff makes me not want to touch this compilation.

I want an HD port of FFXII and IX...

Levyne

Banned
I remember my first play through of X-2 I was following a guide but i missed something at the very very start anyways because I wasn't being careful. Was a bit annoying, but I enjoyed the game enough and wanted to play again on the other faction path anyways.

XJF

Just saw they have a trophy for dodging 200 lightning bolts and getting a 0.00.00 time in the Chocobo trial minigame.
Getting 0.0 time was easy, getting 5 chests and still winning is the one that's a bitch. Been doing it for over 2 hours now. I'm consistently finishing a few inches behind him...

Tiamant

Does X2 International buffed up the difficulty or at least changed monster stats? Because I remember killing all monsters with 1 or 2 hits at Gagazet and now is taking some time (which I LOVE)

Also
party
dressphere is ace, loving it, specially Paine's.

XJF

Just got the Chocobo Master Trophy after 2 hours... goddamn... At least the 3 poles I hit didn't negate the trophy! Woot!

EDIT: anyone know if the VITA charger is a "smart" charger? Meaning it stops trying to charge the battery when it notices it's full?

Seda

Side content near end-game and arena stuff are some of the best parts of the game, although capturing monsters is a little tedious.

Z3M0G

I forgot how much I loved the story, characters, and cinematics in this game... wow. Being the first FF with voice acting, the voice work has aged well enough too.

The game looks fantastic on Vita to boot. Very happy.

Ghazi

Blitzball is so unfair, frequently I'll have 3 people chasing an opponent, and 3 players will line up in front of the enemy, but it'll only say "1/2 Man breakthrough" even though there are 3 there. Even worse, the game pulls enemy players not close to you for a break on your character. The enemy's stats are so inflated that none of my characters can make any actions when caught in a break without the ball getting stolen.

AND IT JUST CALLED HALFTIME AS TIDUS WAS GOING TO SCORE THE FIRST SHOT OF THE GAME HAHAHAHA

ZeroX03

Banned
Side content near end-game and arena stuff are some of the best parts of the game, although capturing monsters is a little tedious.

Yeah the monster arena grind could've been toned down a bit, they're basically saying '"invest 20 hours of grinding or no superbosses for you unless you wanna Yojimbo cheese".

Blitzball is so unfair, frequently I'll have 3 people chasing an opponent, and 3 players will line up in front of the enemy, but it'll only say "1/2 Man breakthrough" even though there are 3 there. Even worse, the game pulls enemy players not close to you for a break on your character. The enemy's stats are so inflated that none of my characters can make any actions when caught in a break without the ball getting stolen.

AND IT JUST CALLED HALFTIME AS TIDUS WAS GOING TO SCORE THE FIRST SHOT OF THE GAME HAHAHAHA

More Goers match complaints? Just ditch the Aurochs after that game, Blitzball's super easy if you get a half decent team.

XJF

Capturing for the arena is cake except for a very small group of monsters, namels
the Basilisk on Djose Highroad, and the Tonberry in Cavern of Stolen Fayth.
Ungodly low spawn rates

Saphirax

Just got the Chocobo Master Trophy after 2 hours... goddamn... At least the 3 poles I hit didn't negate the trophy! Woot!

EDIT: anyone know if the VITA charger is a "smart" charger? Meaning it stops trying to charge the battery when it notices it's full?

Nope, it keeps charging.

ZeroX03

Banned
Capturing for the arena is cake except for a very small group of monsters, namels
the Basilisk on Djose Highroad, and the Tonberry in Cavern of Stolen Fayth.
Ungodly low spawn rates

Hahaha just went past the former and had them spawn non-stop. Went up against a group of two and got ambushed and double petrified.

XJF

Hahaha just went past the former and had them spawn non-stop. Went up against a group of two and got ambushed and double petrified.

i hate you lol These were the only two mobs that gave me trouble back in the day. Maybe spawn rates for them are better in International version?

Emitan

This collection plus P4G makes Vita absolutely amazing for me. I never would have dreamed being able to play these games anywhere with instant suspend even a few years ago. It's awesome.
Many of us have already played at least one of these games before! No reason for me not to get 100% in FFX considering I did a casual playthrough when it came out.

This was unlocked right after
Rikku joins the party
. The only customization thing unlocked in the Calm Lands is for the
Aeons through fighting Belgemine
southwest of central save-sphere

It still should have been unlocked earlier than Rikku. I am pretty picky about having sensor on all my weapons.

Tiu Neo

Alright thanks! Super glad it has those side activities and endgame content. This game is so good.

Yes, it is. Sphere Grid is probably my favorite character progression/customization system from the series. :D

The extra things from the PAL/International version only make this game even better.

More Goers match complaints? Just ditch the Aurochs after that game, Blitzball's super easy if you get a half decent team.

I think a lot of people can't let the Goers win after how they acted :p They are the Cobra Kai of Blitzball.

But yeah, the game is a lot easier (and fun!) with a better team.

ZeroX03

Banned
i hate you lol These were the only two mobs that gave me trouble back in the day. Maybe spawn rates for them are better in International version?

They're certainly the least common enemy on the route, but definitely not super rare. I've never played the US version so I can't compare.

XJF

Someone explain to me how I earned a trophy just now on my PS3 that I earned on my VITA last night? Thought they had a shared Trophy list for these games?

ZeroX03

Banned
Someone explain to me how I earned a trophy just now on my PS3 that I earned on my VITA last night? Thought they had a shared Trophy list for these games?

You didn't sync your trophies online. The Vita and PS3 don't automatically share data, they need to receive it from the servers.

Ghazi

After my experiences with this match, I never want to play Bitzball again. Like, ever. I can't imagine it being better.

ZeroX03

Banned
After my experiences with this match, I never want to play Bitzball again. Like, ever. I can't imagine it being better.

You're supposed to lose that match. It's incredibly easy when you don't have the worst players on your team.

Ah, but now when they do sync, will the conflicting earned times be a problem?

I've had a few things like that, it just takes the earliest time. Sony's never really care about trophy fraud anyway, so they put no effort into prevention.

Zafir

Yeah due to how awful the Aurochs are that match is rather trying. You can only break/attack if that player is in their player circle on the map. Also the AI is ridiculously easy to abuse. Use one player to pull the defenders away from the goal, then pass to Tidus/Wakka before they get into your circle. You should then be free to shoot. Jecht shot which you get on the boat to Luca makes it easier and you don't have to pull defenders away as it knocks 2 out during the shot. Once you're up, if you don't want to risk it just grab the ball and hold it in your goal.

Edit: Remember to change the control scheme to manual if you haven't already

Tiu Neo

It is. I had the same problem in the PS2 version, gave it another try with a better team. It's fun!

The problem with this match is that it's too unbalanced in the other team's advantage. Your team sucks with one or two good players (for their functions), plus Tidus, while their team is good with a few great players.

I am never worried about trophies, never cared about them. Usually I go out of my way to make sure I get every Al Bhed Primer but not this time. I am heading into the Calm Land and only have 6 of them.

pariah164

So the Primers I'm missing as of Bevelle are 5 and 10. 5 was on the Winno, 10 was in Kilika in the bar... I heard 5 pops up again in Luca after you get the airship, but what about 10?

XJF

You're supposed to lose that match. It's incredibly easy when you don't have the worst players on your team.
I've had a few things like that, it just takes the earliest time. Sony's never really care about trophy fraud anyway, so they put no effort into prevention.

Nice to know. So what do you guys think is better on a capture weapon, Counterattack or Evade&Counter? I only ask because I'm not sure how effective the "Evade" part is

So the Primers I'm missing as of Bevelle are 5 and 10. 5 was on the Winno, 10 was in Kilika in the bar... I heard 5 pops up again in Luca after you get the airship, but what about 10?
10 was by the elevator up to the command center for Operation Mi'ihen. 4 was the one in the Kilika Tavern

Ghazi

Seriously? That makes me want to beat them all the more haha.
Yeah due to how awful the Aurochs are that match is rather trying. You can only break/attack if that player is in their player circle on the map. Also the AI is ridiculously easy to abuse. Use one player to pull the defenders away from the goal, then pass to Tidus/Wakka before they get into your circle. You should then be free to shoot. Jecht shot which you get on the boat to Luca makes it easier and you don't have to pull defenders away as it knocks 2 out during the shot. Once you're up, if you don't want to risk it just grab the ball and hold it in your goal.

Edit: Remember to change the control scheme to manual if you haven't already
Yeah, I always play on Manual A. I went back and got the Jecht Shot, but I haven't made it far enough to get an opportunity to use it. I'll try luring the defenders away, though. Also, how do I "hold it in my goal? Just swim into it? Last time I tried that, they still attacked me, took the ball, and scored standing 2 feet from my goal.
It is. I had the same problem in the PS2 version, gave it another try with a better team. It's fun!

The problem with this match is that it's too unbalanced in the other team's advantage. Your team sucks with one or two good players (for their functions), plus Tidus, while their team is good with a few great players.

Yeah, but Zero's post assures me that it was meant to be that way. I'll give it another try when I have an opportunity, it just seemed so unfair, and I thought this match was supposed to be an easier one.

Camisado

Began my download from PSN this morning, was hoping it would finish before I left for work but it didn't.

Can't wait to get home to some classic FF! :D

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah, but Zero's post assures me that it was meant to be that way. I'll give it another try when I have an opportunity, it just seemed so unfair, and I thought this match was supposed to be an easier one.

You can win the match but it's not worth the effort. And yeah the first Blitzball match was a stupid design decision, instead of being a tutorial like you'd expect, you're thrown in the extreme deep end (literally).

Top Bottom