• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

You can win the match but it's not worth the effort. And yeah the first Blitzball match was a stupid design decision, instead of being a tutorial like you'd expect, you're thrown in the extreme deep end (literally).

It's such a bad first match, but man when you can make your own team and get crackin on techcopys, you can tear it up.

Speaking of the match against the Goers...

For the first time ever; I beat the first Blitzball game, 3 to 1! Tidus got two goals, and Wakka got the last one. I almost thought that they rebalanced the difficulty, but apparently not from what I've been reading.

Haven't played a ton of RPGs on handhelds (hoping to be fixing this), but man that is a nice little update for X on the Vita, the swipe and heal combo will make any needed grinding much easier.

Tiamant

FFX2. Has. So. Many. Sidequests.

Publicity campaign, the monkeys, digging in the desert, the marriage campaign, crimson spheres... make a single fuckup you can say bye bye to that 100%

Playing this right after FFXIII must be a traumatic experience.

Pollux

Square Enix has been hinting...

But I am in the dark still about that apparently terrible X-2.5 thing...

What has SE been hinting about?

Also, how have sales of this been (or is it too soon to know)? Hopefully we get a FF XII HD Remaster sometime in the next year or so...

The more I replay this game and more I wish we could get a proper X-3 PREQUEL.

I've always thought this was an amazing idea. Jecht, Braska, and Auron; It'd be way to masculine of a game. Which I feel would be the perfect balance to X-2.

I see why it wouldn't be appealing because we know how the story ends, but I don't care; I still want it.

Shahed

I never got 10 of either version of the Tonberries or Marlboro's. Everything else, but never them. After hours and hours I gave up

I've killed Penance, but never seen Nemesis

Tiamant

As someone who never played X-2, should I use a guide?

Yes, without a question. Not only because you'll miss 100% completition but also because you can miss certain dresspheres (job classes) that depend on things like choosing the correct answer, talking to a certain character or doing x thing before y chapter.

Son Of D

FFX2. Has. So. Many. Sidequests.

Publicity campaign, the monkeys, digging in the desert, the marriage campaign, crimson spheres... make a single fuckup you can say bye bye to that 100%

Playing this right after FFXIII must be a traumatic experience.

I know that feeling. I also played XII not long after XIII and seeing the difference in the size of each world is really something.

Zafir

Amazon UK finally shipped my PS3 version. Estimated delivery date is Wednesday. Release delivery my arse!
Yeah, I always play on Manual A. I went back and got the Jecht Shot, but I haven't made it far enough to get an opportunity to use it. I'll try luring the defenders away, though. Also, how do I "hold it in my goal? Just swim into it? Last time I tried that, they still attacked me, took the ball, and scored standing 2 feet from my goal.
I mean actually go in the goal, behind your own goalie. The AI just stops chasing if you do that. One of the AI's many limitations. xD

I won the story blitzball match. I feel like I am very fortunate reading these thread responses

I just won it too! 1-0 in double overtime (on my fourth attempt)... My first two tries I stuck with the recommended Auto movement and the computer kicked my ass; soon as I switched it to manual I saw there was a chance, and my second manual game I managed the win. Basically I just passed a lot and looked for a chance to send the ball to Tidus or Wakka when they were in the open... then take the shot and to hell with the consequences...

It's been so long since I played this game, and I've been itching to replay since before they announced the HD edition would be coming out (so before Vita's launch); I'm glad I held out for this release, even though it took a while.

The game looks good on my 55" Toshiba, but I think it shines on the Vita; the smaller screen helps hide the game's age...

I must say this game looks gorgeous in some places.

And its odd tidus looks good with his cut scene model but sometimea they use a lower quality one and his eyes are freaky

This needed to be said

Not sure it needed to be said as it goes without saying, but seriously, after that junk combined with the abysmal storytelling of the XIII games, it's a mystery why I have even a shred of confidence in XV. Toriyama isn't the only crap writer at Square-Enix.

Kensuke

Yes! Beat the Goers on the first try, epic match.

I scored with Datto scored first after a great pass from Jassu. That asshole Graav quickly made it even though. In the second half I was just about to unleash a Jecht Shot that was sure to score when suddenly Tidus was substituted for Wakka. Somehow I got Wakka in front of the goal with no defender and made a shot with only 3 seconds left on the clock. 2-1, victory achieved. Suddenly I love blitzball.

Amazon UK finally shipped my PS3 version. Estimated delivery date is Wednesday. Release delivery my arse!

I mean actually go in the goal, behind your own goalie. The AI just stops chasing if you do that. One of the AI's many limitations. xD

Does this still work? I just tried it in the storyline game and...no..it didn't work. Granted, the Goers were already on my ass so maybe that's why.

(Lost the game. Oh well.)

Not sure it needed to be said as it goes without saying, but seriously, after that junk combined with the abysmal storytelling of the XIII games, it's a mystery why I have even a shred of confidence in XV. Toriyama isn't the only crap writer at Square-Enix.

It needed to be said after people were getting hyped for an X-3 ITT

At this point I expect X-3 to get greenlit featuring Lightning fighting alongside Braska.

Alright, I listened to the 30-minute audio drama and, while it does unfortunately go into NTR territory, I have no idea about what people were talking when referring to Tidus' head exploding and becoming a blitzball or some shit like that.

Could someone clarify what that whole mess was ?

My LE copy turned up today on super saver delivery, when it said eta of Tuesday. Seems I can never second guess SSD.

Flandy

I think we owe SE an apology regarding the Vita version.

I remember for months we had no media or release date for it and we all assumed it had been quietly cancelled.

Fast forward to now and the game looks and runs great on the Vita, there was nothing to worry about.

Hyped for XII Vita if this is what they can pull off already.
Seriously no complaints with the Vita version. Still can't believe I'm playing this on a handheld

Alright, I listened to the 30-minute audio drama and, while it does unfortunately go into NTR territory,
I have no idea about what people were talking when referring to Tidus' head exploding and becoming a blitzball or some shit like that.

Could someone clarify what that whole mess was ?
Go read this clusterfuck of a thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741166

Spoiler:
You should prob spoiler the part I spoilerd btw :p Also the head explosion happens in the novel

Top Bottom