• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Ghazi

I finally understand the context behind the Tidus laugh scene, and now feel stupid for hating on it all these years.

I finally understand the context behind the Tidus laugh scene, and now feel stupid for hating on it all these years.

lol yeah I never understood the hate. It was awkward but it was supposed to be awkward and I think they portrayed that pretty well. I always thought it was a pretty cute scene.

I have confidence in the writing of XV because it's not based on a story that should have ended like twice already. Honestly if it's at least comprehensible and doesn't have all the backstory and world-building in data logs then it is automatically better than anything in the XIII saga.

XJF

haha, just beat
Biran and Yenke Ronso
using strictly Lancet. lol I read you could get Bad Breath from
Biran
but apparently that was a lie lol

McDougles

haha, just beat
Biran and Yenke Ronso
using strictly Lancet. lol I read you could get Bad Breath from
Biran
but apparently that was a lie lol

You can get all but two of the Kimahri powers from the duo. One of them is jump.

XJF

You using the PS2 guide, or the updated HD Remaster one?

Just checked both. Bad Breath is not mentioned. Is there a way to spoiler tag pics? If so, I'll post the pics. I checked the battle strategy section and the bestiary.

Typomancer

Neo Member
I really wish there were some enhancements to gameplay, like there are in Persona 4 Golden. I got really spoiled with the Rush option from P4G, wish that was in the remastered FFX so I did not have to keep mashing X. A save anywhere functionality might have been nice, too.

And no skipping cutscenes is beyond stupid.

XJF

And no skipping cutscenes is beyond stupid.

Skipping scenes was in Vanilla X-2, not sure why they didn't think to incorporate it into X HD

Ah. So it's fine to use the PS2 guide still then?
I meant I checked both guides as I have both. But, in any respect, the PS2 guide should still suffice, it just wouldn't include Dark Aeons and Penance.

Yes, I'm using a Haunter card as a bookmark, shut up XD
kmP84gkl.jpg

Typomancer

Neo Member
Skipping scenes was in Vanilla X-2, not sure why they didn't think to incorporate it into X HD

It is weird. Everything feels the same (which is mostly good) in my new playthrough of FFX, besides the face on Tidus and the strangely OK alterations to the soundtrack. I mean, the original soundtrack is etched into my brain. Seems like others are of a similar option in that the music changes are neither good or bad.

Still unsure if I made a wise choice picking the expert sphere grid. It does indeed feel a bit gimped at the start.

Zafir

My LE copy turned up today on super saver delivery, when it said eta of Tuesday. Seems I can never second guess SSD.
I just don't really trust Amazon in general for game releases, and this is why.
Does this still work? I just tried it in the storyline game and...no..it didn't work. Granted, the Goers were already on my ass so maybe that's why.

(Lost the game. Oh well.)
Unfortunately since it only came out today in the UK I can't really confirm whether it still works. :p I didn't think they'd go to the trouble of fixing the flawed AI though.

I'll have to see myself when I get there. Dunno how long it'll take with Infamous also coming out today(and MGSV:GZ but I don't plan on playing that just yet).

XJF

It is weird. Everything feels the same (which is mostly good) in my new playthrough of FFX, besides the face on Tidus and the strangely OK alterations to the soundtrack. I mean, the original soundtrack is etched into my brain. Seems like others are of a similar option in that the music changes are neither good or bad.

Still unsure if I made a wise choice picking the expert sphere grid. It does indeed feel a bit gimped at the start.

I went Standard SG. Never had a problem before, not gonna change now lol

Ghazi

What is up with this huge difficulty spike after the Blitzball game, geez.

Not at it yet but due tell. I use to think it was stupid lol
Tidus is,
extremely obviously, not wanting to do it and forces himself to smile and laugh. It's supposed to be fake and awkward as hell, before it he had to force his lips up with his hand to smile.
lol yeah I never understood the hate. It was awkward but it was supposed to be awkward and I think they portrayed that pretty well. I always thought it was a pretty cute scene.
Yeah, I never knew the context behind it, so it makes sense now.

Faenix1

I meant I checked both guides as I have both. But, in any respect, the PS2 guide should still suffice, it just wouldn't include Dark Aeons and Penance.

Yes, I'm using a Haunter card as a bookmark, shut up XD
kmP84gkl.jpg

Nice bookmark lmao

Good to know international edition just added Dark Aeons and that. Wasn't sure if I was missing anything using my PS2 guide (Got the collector's edition X-2 guide, so I hope that one is similar as well.)

XJF

Nice bookmark lmao

Good to know international edition just added Dark Aeons and that. Wasn't sure if I was missing anything using my PS2 guide (Got the collector's edition X-2 guide, so I hope that one is similar as well.)

I have 2 classic X-2 guides, dont ask. Didn't know there was a Collectors Edition X-2 guide? o_O

marrec

Banned
I have 2 classic X-2 guides, dont ask. Didn't know there was a Collectors Edition X-2 guide? o_O

Yuuup, the art on the cover was amazing. Sadly I let it go long ago and no longer have it.

(still have the X-2 guide poster insert though)

XJF

I have 7 Black Magic Spheres, think I should teach Yuna the -Aga spells so I don't have to sub in Lulu?

Vashetti

Banned
I can't get over the sheer novelty of having this game in my hands and it looking so great. It's just a joy to play.

C'mon SE, support the Vita more.

Faenix1

I may end up getting one lol I have a LE XII guide as well. Mine was the Basch one. I never liked him... Really wanted Ashe's

Yeah I got that one too.. really wanted Ashe's as well.

My X-2 guide has
250px-Yunaffx2poster.jpg
in it. Not sure if there was any different ones though

I have tried to replay this a few times over the past few years using pcsx, but never could recapture the commitment I had when it first cam out. But on the vita it looks so good and is so immediately accessible, that I am finding it difficult to put down. I have Infamous waiting for me, but Spira just seems more important than Seattle.

With that said - Fuck the Goers. I spent my entire lunch hour on that one game and couldn't get the win. The cutscenes and lack of meaningful rewards finally just sapped my will to try yet again. I seem to remember that everything opens up a lot more from this point onwards.

Atlantis

I have 7 Black Magic Spheres, think I should teach Yuna the -Aga spells so I don't have to sub in Lulu?

She's not going to outdamage Lulu unless you also teach her Doublecast, but there's really no other good option for those Spheres.

Flandy

I can't get over the sheer novelty of having this game in my hands and it looking so great. It's just a joy to play.

C'mon SE, support the Vita more.

Same here. Everytime I play it I am in complete awe that I'm able to play this on a handheld. 9 hours in so far. You'd think I would have gotten over it by now but nope lol

XJF

Yeah I got that one too.. really wanted Ashe's as well.

My X-2 guide has
250px-Yunaffx2poster.jpg
in it. Not sure if there was any different ones though
Always loved that art, probably the booty shorts. lol

She's not going to outdamage Lulu unless you also teach her Doublecast, but there's really no other good option for those Spheres.

Why wouldn't she? Lulu's Magic is 44 and Yuna's is 52

Faenix1

Yeah I love that image, totally not for that reason..
I've pulled out my X-2 and XII guides and the one thing I've noticed is how new these looks. Like I just bought 'em. I either take REALLY good care of my guides or this is the first time I've ever used them.. lmao

Also is it not worth making Yuna a black mage then? I was thinking I could make her a hybrid (not that far in yet and dont know what is possible with expert yet :p)

Atlantis

Why wouldn't she? Lulu's Magic is 44 and Yuna's is 52

Because Doublecast lets her cast two spells a turn, which obviously makes up the difference.

Teach Yuna -agas, Flare, and Doublecast, pick up Lulu's Magic Booster weapon on Mt.Gagazet, and they're a great boss killing duo.

DPtheGod

Hey guys right now I am grinding at Kilika before the temple. I am in dire need of ability spheres. Do I have to go a bit further still for some?

XJF

Hey guys right now I am grinding at Kilika before the temple. I am in dire need of ability spheres. Do I have to go a bit further still for some?

Teach Wakka the "Distill Ability" skill on his grid. It's a life saver.

Atlantis

If you haven't learned the Extract Ability skill in Wakka's section, you'll have to wait for Mi'ihen for more.

The upcoming boss's tentacles drop them as well. Overkill them and you'll receive bonus Spheres.

Faenix1

Hm, in the FFX guide is there a certain spot to look for the Jecht spheres? Online says ones in Besaid Village but in my guide.. I see no mention of one. :|

XJF

Because Doublecast lets her cast two spells a turn, which obviously makes up the difference.

Teach Yuna -agas, Flare, and Doublecast, pick up Lulu's Magic Booster weapon on Mt.Gagazet, and they're a great boss killing duo.

Haha. That weapoon is like 100K. I'm broke, I just bought Yojimbo for like 200K

Hm, in the FFX guide is there a certain spot to look for the Jecht spheres? Online says ones in Besaid Village but in my guide.. I see no mention of one. :|
You can't start collecting those until a certain part in the game. It's explicitly mentioned, so you'll know

Faenix1

You can't start collecting those until a certain part in the game. It's explicitly mentioned, so you'll know

Had to read until page 160, apparently there is a list on page 16 or so. Good to know that I don't need to write that stuff down.

Was kind of hoping I could get 'em on my way so I dont meet any Dark Aeons until I'm ready.. but oh well. Shall be interesting!

Top Bottom