• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

What are the best grind spots early game? I look to be OP in RPGs, and now that I won't have my PS2 gameshark, I will need all the additional help I can get haha.

I know it's not early game, but before Seymour fight 2, there is a long hallway/platform with machina to fight. They give great XP and all drop spheres. Excellent spot to grind. It's about midway through the game. Early on, I guess maybe the Kilika Forest or Mi'hen Highroad.

Zetta

But how can he teach Wakka a new ability with no ability spheres?

Cue Twilight Zone music

If its ok and you don't care about being spoiled,
The boss before the temple drops 2-3 so kill him then grind
. If you don't the you're going to have to wait until after during or after Luca.

Falk

that puzzling face
What are the best grind spots early game? I look to be OP in RPGs, and now that I won't have my PS2 gameshark, I will need all the additional help I can get haha.

I've found that until you hit a certain point late in the game where the XP gain hits a linear formula, the curve is such that the next area is always a better grind than the previous, which often goes at war with the need to e.g. swap everyone in and out (since you'd have spent way less time for the same amount of XP gain by moving on to the next area and winning a few battles there instead of a dozen here)

Up until that point, if you can beat gatekeepers, do it and move on. You'll spend less time overall grinding XP overall.

Lothar

Banned
This is my first time ever playing this game and I'm around 7 and a half hours in just past Luca. Loving every minute so far, but does the game get longer as you go on? Really don't want this game to end, but looked at a walkthrough and I'm a lot further in than I thought.

Isn't that the very beginning of the game? I wouldn't even think you're 20% of the way through the game right there. One thing I doubt you'll be saying after you finish is that it should have been longer. I remember on my first playthrough long after the time it felt like it was about to end, the game was still going on.

And then you still have X-2.

X is also one of those games that's vastly better on a second playthrough.

Tell us what you think of the story and keep us updated. I was hoping to read a lot of people's first impressions in this thread but there doesn't seem to be too many.

Atlantis

My copy has arrived! Not sure if I'll start playing tonight, but I'm excited to play my favorite game again. :)

Trying to decide to do 'smart' customization with the Expert Grid or just go nuts and make Lulu into Auron or something.

Tiamant

So now X-2 has a
Coliseum
that works similar to the Kingdom Hearts one. It's quite difficult if you don't go prepared, I'm so excited!

jamsy

Currently on the boat to Luca. Should I be lending this Oaka character any money? I know it gives you a discount on some items down the line...is it worth it?

XJF

Currently on the boat to Luca. Should I be lending this Oaka character any money? I know it gives you a discount on some items down the line...is it worth it?
You only have to lend 10K, and if you buy a lot of stuff, you more than make your money back

Kura

Banned
I managed to score a goal with Tidus at 1:37. Still dont know how.
Gonna hide behind the goal now like a pussy.

Tiamant

Playing X-2 I've found a couple of times the characters saying their in-battle quotes in a language I can only assume it's japanese. Definitely not english, very strange.

Darkone

How are the AP gained exactly, only the ones that make a hit?
Lulu got hit and the other two did the damage and killed the target but she did not get any AB and also the other two who did not get the chance to fight at all.

Atlantis

How are the AP gained exactly, only the ones that make a hit?
Lulu got hit and the other two did the damage and killed the target but she did not get any AB and also the other two who did not get the chance to fight at all.

The character has to execute an action during battle to receive AP, taking damage won't get your AP.

Defending or switching equipment is the fastest way to waste a turn. Switching equipment is technically faster, but Defending only takes one button press.

Levyne

Banned
Work week is over, I lucked into free beer, I have the newest current gen game ever in my lap in Infamous SS, and instead I am going to this 13 year old game.

Have you guys noticed how it takes longer navigating menus in battle ? It used to be super snappy but now when you change menus by pressing a button, there's a slight delay before you can input another action. It's quite irritating.

Garland7G

Work week is over, I lucked into free beer, I have the newest current gen game ever in my lap in Infamous SS, and instead I am going to this 13 year old game.

I know what you mean, I'm about to go pick up Infamous right now but I'm not even close to finishing FFXHD and I haven't even started X-2 yet, not to mention Dark Souls 2 needs some more play time. What to do...

Darkone

The character has to execute an action during battle to receive AP, taking damage won't get your AP.

Defending or switching equipment is the fastest way to waste a turn. Switching equipment is technically faster, but Defending only takes one button press.

Thanks

Gaz_RB

I know what you mean, I'm about to go pick up Infamous right now but I'm not even close to finishing FFXHD and I haven't even started X-2 yet, not to mention Dark Souls 2 needs some more play time. What to do...

Yeah...This is me +Titanfall and MGS.

AmanoBuff

I think we owe SE an apology regarding the Vita version.

I remember for months we had no media or release date for it and we all assumed it had been quietly cancelled.

Fast forward to now and the game looks and runs great on the Vita, there was nothing to worry about.

Hyped for XII Vita if this is what they can pull off already.

Completely agree. I remember that even when they started releasing media of the game, they didn't release a single Vita screen. We only started to know how the game looked and ran after its Japanese release.

Still, I have already 'apologized' to SE by triple-dipping with these games (Japanese Vita Twin Pack, Vita NA digital and European Vita physical due to the glorious box art), and I even plan to get the PS3 version down the road.

I completely agree it looks amazing. I'm really impresed in the visuals on the CGI especially; lots of crisp clear detail and lifelike models... All we can hope for is that FFX sells well enough on VITA to warrant them in making XII on VITA as well! Please buy it VITAGAF!

Indeed. The game looks amazing. Sometimes I even think it is native res on Vita.

Also, the Vita version in Japan sold almost half of the combined Vita/PS3 sales, and the NA Vita version has been consistently tracking at the top 20 of Amazon's top games, so if there ever is a FFXII HD, I am almost sure it will come to Vita as well.

Gaz_RB

Completely agree. I remember that even when they started releasing media of the game, they didn't release a single Vita screen. We only started to know how the game looked and ran after its Japanese release.

Still, I have already 'apologized' to SE by triple-dipping with these games (Japanese Vita Twin Pack, Vita NA digital and European Vita physical due to the glorious box art), and I even plan to get the PS3 version down the road.

Indeed. The game looks amazing. Sometimes I even think it is native res on Vita.

Also, the Vita version in Japan sold almost half of the combined Vita/PS3 sales, and the NA Vita version has been consistently tracking at the top 20 of Amazon's top games, so if there ever is a FFXII HD, I am almost sure it will come to Vita as well.

Man how likely do you think it is that we'll get a FF12 HD?

That would make my life.

MSMrRound

Just reached the fire temple not too long ago. Are there any method that I can get my hands on more spheres for those empty nodes? Or am I forced to ignore them for now?

As for those Extract ___ skills...how many kinds are there?

I currently have MP/Speed/Power/Ability on my characters. Am I missing any?.

Tucah

you speak so well
Probably been asked a billion times before but: first time playing (though this is the only mainline, non-MMO FF I've never played), standard or expert sphere grid?

Levyne

Banned
I like Mika's english VA, it's very..characteristic I guess.

Probably been asked a billion times before but: first time playing (though this is the only mainline, non-MMO FF I've never played), standard or expert sphere grid?

Go standard if you've never played it.

Atlantis

Just reached the fire temple not too long ago. Are there any method that I can get my hands on more spheres for those empty nodes? Or am I forced to ignore them for now?

As for those Extract ___ skills...how many kinds are there?

I currently have MP/Speed/Power/Ability on my characters. Am I missing any?.

You'll find various spheres that can fill those empty nodes with ore stats as you play. You'll be able to grind out those spheres in the post-game Monster Arena to build your stats.

IIRC, there are Extract skills for every type of common red sphere. So Power, Mana, Speed, and Ability.

There are a ton of spheres for the grid. From the common ones to unlock nodes, to stat spheres, or spheres that allow you to teleport around the grid in various ways.

Astral

Holy crap. I'm right before Operation Mi'ihen and I desperately need ability spheres. Aren't there any monsters that drop them?

AmanoBuff

Man how likely do you think it is that we'll get a FF12 HD?

That would make my life.

Yoshinori Kitase expressly said that the next HD remaster they'd like to try would be XII, and that that would depend on how FFX/X-2 performed sales-wise.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=695290

They said this before FFX/X-2 released. So of course, they would not mention it again at least until the games are released everywhere and they know how they sold. They should know how it performed in just a few weeks, so if there is an announcement for XII, I expect it somewhere between May and TGS.

Fingers crossed!

AmanoBuff

Holy crap. I'm right before Operation Mi'ihen and I desperately need ability spheres. Aren't there any monsters that drop them?

Use Wakka's Extract ability. I also noticed I get Ability Spheres when I defeat fiends with Valefor.

Ups, sorry for the consecutive posts.

Top Bottom