• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Zafir

The expert grid continues to be excellent. If you are not watching what you're doing, you can accidentally lose your way onto someone else's section of the grid. So every time you use it, you really need to pay attention and plan ahead. Really fun stuff.

My Blitzball team! I got rid all of the original Aurochs' except Letty. Now I'm stunting on everyone. 5-0? Ain't no thang.

My team is:

Left Field - Tidus
Right Field - Wedge (17 shoot at lv 1)
Midfield - Zev Ronso (12 endurance, 7 pass, 7 block, 7 attack, 11 shoot at lv 1)
Left Defender - Ropp (15 blocks, 11 attack)
Right Defender - Zalitz (15 atk, 11 block at level 1)
Keeper - Jumal (14 catch)

Easy team you grab early on that shits on everyone.

Still disappointed S-E never made a Blitzball full game. It deserves it because it's awesome. Going around the world, recruiting players to join your team, waiting for players to have free agency so you can pick them up on your team. The competitions, the bow worthy loot and prizes, just all around fun. The bad thing is that it's just too easy once you get a good team. Imagine playing a sports-rpg game where you travel the world trying to develop the best team. You do quests to get the get best players, there's a storyline too, and rivalries. Ideally, instead of starring just FFX characters, it'd be like Dissidia meets Blitzball, and you'd be able to recreate FF main characters and shit. Gosh, WHYYYYYYYYYY? It's just a natural idea coming off blitzball in FFX.

They could put it on mobile and 3ds and it'd kick ass. Do the same for a Triple Triad game too.

Wouldn't have to cost much, either. But instead they insist on making titles like All The bravest.
Inazuma Eleven except blitzball instead of football. :p

So far my only disappointment is the new version of Wandering Flame. I love everything else though. I haven't been this hooked to a game for quite a while.

Emitan

Heck.

13317161783_16e2d16b0d4i2q.jpg

Should have used a guide...

Levyne

Banned
You can get those back, no worries. Just don't miss the ones at

(Mild Location spoiler)

Al Bhed Home (3) and the starting of the Bevelle Temple

OmegaZero

So is the story in X supposed to be so trippy at first? I'm about 30 minutes in and pretty confused about what's going on.

**spoilers for those who care**

-So Tidus is being followed around by some ghost/inter-dimensional being/random kid who makes cryptic statements.
-He also knows this Auron dude who gives no fucks about anything and also enjoys making cryptic statements.
-This huge monster called Sin destroys his town and then sends him 1000 years into the future.
-Tidus investigates some ruins with some future people and activates them, revealing a sunken ship or something that seemingly isn't too important.
-Then Sin comes in again just to dump Tidus at some island before he can find out more about what's going on, which is where I'm at right now.
Is that about right or did I miss something?

Flandy

Heck.

I missed a few on the boat and besaid because I thought they didn't start appearing until Rin gives you one after Luca. I was wrong D: I'm on Mushroom rock atm and have 7 out of the 9 I could have gotten so far

So is the story in X supposed to be so trippy at first? I'm about 30 minutes in and pretty confused about what's going on.

-So Tidus is being followed around by some ghost/inter-dimensional being/random kid who makes cryptic statements.
-He also knows this Auron dude who gives no fucks about anything and also enjoys making cryptic statements.
-This huge monster called Sin destroys his town and then sends him 1000 years into the future.
-Tidus investigates some ruins with some future people and activates them, revealing a sunken ship or something that seemingly isn't too important.
-Then Sin comes in again just to dump Tidus at some island before he can find out more about what's going on, which is where I'm at right now.
Just go with the flow. It'll make more sense later :p

Emitan

That's all correct. It's kinda weird!

Levyne

Banned

Yep, you've got it down for the information you have at this point.

All will be revealed, your good so far i think

I dont know what you guys are talking about input lag? im playing on ps3.

i did notice the battle menu being unresponsive for about half a second when its someone's turn. i cant remember if it was like that on ps2 though.

Levyne

Banned
I love the Aeon designs in this. I kind of think of FFX's Ifrit, Shiva, and Bahamut as the "canon " likeness of those summons, even if I shouldn't.

I don't have any more input lag than normal for my LED (on gaming mode).

In the remaster is getting the ultimate weapons still silly bullshit?

Unchanged.

Blader

Shopping for the game at Amazon and the limited edition is actually cheaper than the regular? Granted it's only two dollars, but the cover art is WAY nicer. I would've thought the LE would more expensive just by virtue of the name.

Just got through Home. Those early PS2-era animations and VA are really starting to rear their ugly head here
poor Tidus :(. I feel like things are about to get (more) awesome

Also screw that one primer that makes you change screens to remove an invisible wall, total BS.

Kazdane

My copy has arrived! Not sure if I'll start playing tonight, but I'm excited to play my favorite game again. :)

Trying to decide to do 'smart' customization with the Expert Grid or just go nuts and make Lulu into Auron or something.

If you actually decide to follow the default paths of each character (which they still exist on the Expert Sphere Grid, or at least it did back in the original release) it has a few interesting bonuses, like being able to teach Auron Haste for something like 4 additional steps early in-game (while the Standard Grid just denies you that possibility altogether until end-game) and giving Yuna some black magic so she isn't just a healer.

Going nuts and making Yuna the new Auron was something I did in one of those saves I had back then :D

grumble

I love the Aeon designs in this. I kind of think of FFX's Ifrit, Shiva, and Bahamut as the "canon " likeness of those summons, even if I shouldn't.

I don't have any more input lag than normal for my LED (on gaming mode).

Unchanged.

Damn. Thanks. Wish they'd changed that, it's very unfun for most of them.

The Vita d pad kinda sucks for Aurons overdrives. In fact, I am having trouble with Tidus and Wakka's overdrive too in this version.

I don't think I've tried Auron's, Tidus's, or Wakka's overdrive yet on Vita, but I've tried Lulu's and maybe it's just me, but I have trouble using the right analog stick for her overdrive on Vita compared to PS3.

Heck.

No, no. Guides are for suckers! So far I've managed to get primers 1-14 except 11 without a guide and I will never resort to using a guide. Ever.

Have you guys noticed how it takes longer navigating menus in battle ? It used to be super snappy but now when you change menus by pressing a button, there's a slight delay before you can input another action. It's quite irritating.

Quoting myself as I'd like some input. Am I crazy or is navigating the battle menus slower ?

Beant

That chocobo trainer race................

I have done it two times years ago but it still makes me rage to this day.

Atlantis

If you actually decide to follow the default paths of each character (which they still exist on the Expert Sphere Grid, or at least it did back in the original release) it has a few interesting bonuses, like being able to teach Auron Haste for something like 4 additional steps early in-game (while the Standard Grid just denies you that possibility altogether until end-game) and giving Yuna some black magic so she isn't just a healer.

Going nuts and making Yuna the new Auron was something I did in one of those saves I had back then :D

Originally I wasn't all that impressed with the Expert Grid. There's really aren't too many abilities in FFX that really benefit from being 'doubled up' in your party, at least ones easily accessible wth the Expert Grid.

I took another look at it though and the stat bonuses from being able to cross into another section at will see good enough to play around with.

I think I'll save the crazy character mixups for a second playthrough. :p

I don't think I've tried Auron's, Tidus's, or Wakka's overdrive yet on Vita, but I've tried Lulu's and maybe it's just me, but I have trouble using the right analog stick for her overdrive on Vita compared to PS3.

No, no. Guides are for suckers! So far I've managed to get primers 1-14 except 11 without a guide and I will never resort to using a guide. Ever.

I got used to it but I feel like I am going to break the right stick so I am very careful. When I played on the PS2, I was never so gentle with the right stick.

I got used to it but I feel like I am going to break the right stick so I am very careful. When I played on the PS2, I was never so gentle with the right stick.

Yeah, that too. The Vita analog sticks almost feel more delicate than PS3/2 analog sticks, not to mention replacing a controller is a lot easier and cheaper than replacing a Vita analog stick (or Vita itself).

co1onel

Yeah, that too. The Vita analog sticks almost feel more delicate than PS3/2 analog sticks, not to mention replacing a controller is a lot easier and cheaper than replacing a Vita analog stick (or Vita itself).

Actually the analog sticks are rather cheap and easy to replace, but I can understand not wanting to open the system up and take that risk.

Atlantis

If you're worried about your sticks, then I'd recommend just ignoring Lulu's Overdrive completely. It's fairly useless in a normal playthrough anyway.

I only notice it when canceling out of actions / going "up a level" in the menus by pressing 'O'

Yeah that, and also going left or right to another screen. Navigating a menu and selecting something is fine; it's when a transition occurs that it takes a little while for the player to be able to input another action. It's irritating because it's slowing me down, and I am aware of it at all times.

Zafir

I thought Inazuma was turn based?
I meant take out the football from Inazuma Eleven, and put in Bliztball from FFX. I used it as a comparison not for the sport gameplay itself, but the fact you go around town, talking to people, recruiting players, and there's an overarching story.

daoster

So for those playing Expert Grid...which path are you taking your characters?

Uggh, I should have gone down standard grid, since I wouldn't have so many choices....

I know I'm going to have Yuna dabble a little into Black Magic...should Lulu just go down her own route, or is it not a bad idea to have her dabble in Yuna's path?

Where do you guys take Tidus?

I'm going to have Auron go down Wakka's path, but what about Wakka?

And where does this leave Riku?

AAHHHHH choices

I was at Best Buy and had the guy look up the Vita version. He said that none of the stores in the region are even getting them. Wtf best buy?!

I went to mine and they were sold out. After that, I remembered I still had like $23 in my PSN wallet and decided to buy a $20 digital PSN card off Amazon and redeemed that to just buy the game off PSN.

No tax and I don't have to worry about keeping the FFX card in my vita while X-2 remained digital.

Decided to jump onto Expert once more as to make Rikku the best black mage ever again.

Oh and no input lag on vita for overdrives for me.

Top Bottom