• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Peff

Did they really take out Lulu and Yuna's lines for when they first cast a spell? Between this and War of the Lions it looks like someone really hates in-battle dialogue, lol.

CarJeter

Neo Member
Did they really take out Lulu and Yuna's lines for when they first cast a spell? Between this and War of the Lions it looks like someone really hates in-battle dialogue, lol.

It depends when you use it.

Where are you right now? I think they will start using them in Kilika

Ghazi

They aren't there for me either on 3 of the 4 starting elemental spells with Lulu. Haven't heard any from Yuna, it's odd.

best buy never seem to have a lot of the vita version in stock from the get go. Multiple stores in my area (socal) didn't even get a copy.

I PO mine online the day it came out since I was a GCU member (and also i couldn't PO it since it was grey'd out on their site).

GCU discount (20% off on all new games) made FFX 31 bucks. Easy reason to double dip.

So for those playing Expert Grid...which path are you taking your characters?

Uggh, I should have gone down standard grid, since I wouldn't have so many choices....

I know I'm going to have Yuna dabble a little into Black Magic...should Lulu just go down her own route, or is it not a bad idea to have her dabble in Yuna's path?

Where do you guys take Tidus?

I'm going to have Auron go down Wakka's path, but what about Wakka?

And where does this leave Riku?

AAHHHHH choices

if you want to make sure the characters attain their intended path just take note of the abilities of each and find plan ahead.

tidus
yuna
wakka
lulu
kimahri
auron
rikku

Atlantis

So for those playing Expert Grid...which path are you taking your characters?

Uggh, I should have gone down standard grid, since I wouldn't have so many choices....

I know I'm going to have Yuna dabble a little into Black Magic...should Lulu just go down her own route, or is it not a bad idea to have her dabble in Yuna's path?

Where do you guys take Tidus?

I'm going to have Auron go down Wakka's path, but what about Wakka?

And where does this leave Riku?

AAHHHHH choices

Even with the Expert Grid, I think it's still best to mostly follow the character's set paths. I haven't started yet but I've been planning out my character paths pretty heavily since I'm a research fiend and I don't want to fuck up. :p

For Yuna, she has very easy access to -ra level Black Magic, so I think it's worth it to deviate for it. It's also no trouble to get Steal and Use for her right after Pray.

Lulu is the most complicated. I'm planning to take her into Yuna's grid at three seperate occasions. The first is the same path Yuna takes for the -ra spells, which gives Lulu more HP and Magic along with Life. Secondly, right before Reflex, she can jump into Yuna's grid and grab Shell, Cura, and points in Magic, HP, and Agility. She can either finish that section of Yuna's grid before jumping back or jump back immediately and unlock a Level 2 Lock later, right before Demi, and pick up Protect and several more Magic points.

Tidus is fine on his own path. Though there are a few points where you can dabble a bit into Auron's grid for easy stat boosts and he's another character with easy access to Steal and Use.

Wakka and Auron are also fine on their own paths. Auron can pick up Haste pretty easily and I really don't see any really great pick ups for Wakka.

Rikku's got pretty easy access to Reflect and Dispel (Which includes a +4 Agility node), but other than that I'd just follow her grid.

Oh, that's probably it. I used them all against Sin's fin and nothing, but it seemed like a really random thing to remove.

They don't say them during boss fights.

if you want to make sure the characters attain their intended path just take note of the abilities of each and find plan ahead.

tidus
yuna
wakka
lulu
kimahri
auron
rikku

This is the Standard grid, not Expert.

oni_saru

Just got my copy and it's the standard edition. I was sure I ordered the LE on Newegg but apparently it was just the SE :(

Amazon seems to still have LE copies left. I should be getting that if I ordered it that way?

Subaru

I remember that "quick hit" was one of the best abilities in the game.
I think I will try to get this ability ASAP =P

So, it's better to follow Wakka, right?
EDIT: No, It's better to go on with Tidus path =(

I've been all over and the vita versions seem like they fly off the shelves.

Honestly, I had pre-ordered my PS3 LE version and had decided to pick up the Vita version as well on launch day when I got there, but my EBGames had all their copies already pre-ordered (about 10 copies) and my local novelty game shop were already sold out and Wal-mart had 2 left (I grabbed one of them) and I went 2 hours after opening hours. I mean most places clearly don't stock a whole lot of copies (likely because of general Vita software sales), but even then I was surprised by how quickly they were disappearing.

Faenix1

I preordered before there was a bonus, and was sad to see I got sent the LE. I ended up returning it to get the standard edition. Was there something awesome about it besides the scenery art?

Even with the Expert Grid, I think it's still best to mostly follow the character's set paths. I haven't started yet but I've been planning out my character paths pretty heavily since I'm a research fiend and I don't want to fuck up. :p

For Yuna, she has very easy access to -ra level Black Magic, so I think it's worth it to deviate for it. It's also no trouble to get Steal and Use for her right after Pray.

Lulu is the most complicated. I'm planning to take her into Yuna's grid at three seperate occasions. The first is the same path Yuna takes for the -ra spells, which gives Lulu more HP and Magic along with Life. Secondly, right before Reflex, she can jump into Yuna's grid and grab Shell, Cura, and points in Magic, HP, and Agility. She can either finish that section of Yuna's grid before jumping back or jump back immediately and unlock a Level 2 Lock later, right before Demi, and pick up Protect and several more Magic points.

Tidus is fine on his own path. Though there are a few points where you can dabble a bit into Auron's grid for easy stat boosts and he's another character with easy access to Steal and Use.

Wakka and Auron are also fine on their own paths. Auron can pick up Haste pretty easily and I really don't see any really great pick ups for Wakka.

Rikku's got pretty easy access to Reflect and Dispel (Which includes a +4 Agility node), but other than that I'd just follow her grid.

I might have to copy your paths. I'm at Kilika and i've yet to touch the sphere grid since I can't decide what to do. Wasn't sure, for one, if i should immediately take Yuna over to Lulus section for Black Magic, etc.

What am I suppose to do with Khimari (typoed that!)? He's like smack dap in the center of them all.

TheContact

Expert grid is throwing me off a bit because I'm used to the standard one, but it's a good change of pace and I like how you can potentially shape any character the way you want them. Wakka could be a caster for instance. Lulu would probably never make a good warrior though lol

Being able to play this game on the Vita is just awesome. I used to remote play it from the ps3 on my vita but the lag was too bad

Arthea

for a 13 year old game FFX surely looks pretty. New faces don't bother me that much as I thought it will, now when I'm playing it.
I played today through all opening until leaving for Luca. Kinda surprised how frequent RE are, already forgot that.

Levyne

Banned
My Rikku is actually becoming a decent caster. It's actually kind of nice to have a better balance between normal strikers and casters.

ryushe

13317635973_547ca507d2_z.jpg

13318337703_02c150d768_o.jpg

ramyeon

So is it worth backtracking all the way to Besaid after Macalania Woods to get the Jecht Spheres? Is it going to take as long as I imagine?

B.K.

I remember that "quick hit" was one of the best abilities in the game.
I think I will try to get this ability ASAP =P

They nerfed Quick Hit a bit in the International version. It's still good, but it's not as good as it used to be.

Atlantis

I preordered before there was a bonus, and was sad to see I got sent the LE. I ended up returning it to get the standard edition. Was there something awesome about it besides the scenery art?

I might have to copy your paths. I'm at Kilika and i've yet to touch the sphere grid since I can't decide what to do. Wasn't sure, for one, if i should immediately take Yuna over to Lulus section for Black Magic, etc.

What am I suppose to do with Khimari (typoed that!)? He's like smack dap in the center of them all.

It's tempting, but I don't think it's worth the Sphere Levels to teach Yuna/Lulu the starting White or Black Magic spells. It's only two Sphere Levels to teach Yuna Blizzard but if you want them all it's six.

Yuna can grab the -ra level spells and Lulu Cura, Protect, and Shell without disrupting their growth too much, which is the only reason I'd grab them. They get some good stat bonuses along the way as well.

Kimahri is really whatever you want him to be, especially since his commong Rikku/Yuna path from the Standard Grid doesn't exist on the Expert one. I think just following Tidus' path and picking up Steal and Use along the way is my personal favorite.

So is it worth backtracking all the way to Besaid after Macalania Woods to get the Jecht Spheres? Is it going to take as long as I imagine?

Definitely not worth it, especially since you can't even capture along the way.

Faenix1

It's tempting, but I don't think it's worth the Sphere Levels to teach Yuna/Lulu the starting White or Black Magic spells. It's only two Sphere Levels to teach Yuna Blizzard but if you want them all it's six.

Yuna can grab the -ra level spells and Lulu Cura, Protect, and Shell without disrupting their growth too much, which is the only reason I'd grab them. They get some good stat bonuses along the way as well.

Kimahri is really whatever you want him to be, especially since his commong Rikku/Yuna path from the Standard Grid doesn't exist on the Expert one. I think just following Tidus' path and picking up Steal and Use along the way is my personal favorite.

Thanks. I'm worried I'll screw up my members so I was hesitant.. though I like your path choices so I'll use em for myself. :p

EDIT: wtf is the "Dark Valefor Glitch" still a thing? That sounds horrible..

CarJeter

Neo Member
I can confirm now, some of the battle dialogue is definitely in japanese :(

I was playing some X-2 aswell and, while you're right, I think the english VA are speaking japanese for whatever reason. It only happens to Yuna though and her voice is definitely the english one.

Atlantis

I was playing some X-2 aswell and, while you're right, I think the english VA are speaking japanese for whatever reason. It only happens to Yuna though and her voice is definitely the english one.

Are you using the Festivalist Dressphere? Maybe that's why.

CarJeter

Neo Member

Yup, that was the first time I saw english Yuna speaking japanese. And I thought it was because of that dresssphere. BUT when she had Gun Mage she said something in japanese (english voice) again! Weird lol

OmegaZero

All will be revealed, your good so far i think

Yep, you've got it down for the information you have at this point.

That's all correct. It's kinda weird!

I missed a few on the boat and besaid because I thought they didn't start appearing until Rin gives you one after Luca. I was wrong D: I'm on Mushroom rock atm and have 7 out of the 9 I could have gotten so far

Just go with the flow. It'll make more sense later :p

Thanks guys. Thought I was missing something there. :b

They unearthed an airship. If you have played a Final Fantasy, you will know that is important.

It's not trippy at all. It's pretty self explanatory. Keep playing. You will get answers.

It's been years since I've touched a Final Fantasy game. :b
Good to know that everything will be sorted out later.

ramyeon

Definitely not worth it, especially since you can't even capture along the way.
Yeah I figured as much. I was considering it since I saw a lot of posts here saying that's the way to go, but it'll take a really long time and be more of a chore than anything. I guess it's probably better to just do it later on and deal with Dark Valefor.

Tiamant

I thought that but then white mage Yuna said something in japanese.

Then warrior Paine said "sayonara" but that's a pretty standard word for badass characters, at that point it seemed like the game was trolling me.

Past

I thought cloud saving for the cross-save was automatic once you upload it to the cloud. Pretty annoying that you have to quit the game and manually sync the save every time.

Emitan

Fuck the Djose Cloister of Trials. Every time I do this I get stuck.

And I always get stuck on the same thing: I never push the pedastal far enough to trigger the animation. EVERY TIME.

I had to Youtube it even though I played through the first half of this game relatively recently.

Hyunkel6

Fuck the Djose Cloister of Trials. Every time I do this I get stuck.

And I always get stuck on the same thing: I never push the pedastal far enough to trigger the animation. EVERY TIME.
First time playing the game here and I was also wondering wtf was going on. I finally gave up after 20 minutes and looked online only to find out that I had to push the stupid pedestal a bit further. *facepalm*

Weird framerate going to shit during the very first summon cutscene by yuna on vita.

How frequent are framerate problems? Game seems to run ok for the most part besides frequent and sometimes a bit long loading.

Weird framerate going to shit during the very first summon cutscene by yuna on vita.

How frequent are framerate problems? Game seems to run ok for the most part besides frequent and sometimes a bit long loading.

It seems to be the summons only that cause it. They are slight but noticeable if you are really really looking for it.

So, having never played these, should I get the PS2 versions or the remaster? I remember hearing complaints about the music a while back.

Flandy

So, having never played these, should I get the PS2 versions or the remaster? I remember hearing complaints about the music a while back.

Get the remaster. The new music isn't bad. Just people like the originals a lot. I don't really see a problem with the new music tbh. An option for the old music would be nice but imo it isn't a deal breaker

#dead

What's this about Japanese dialogue in X-2?

XJF

New version is superior in every way, new music is up for debate however.

On another note,
Yunalesca
seems a lot harder than they were back in the day

Levyne

Banned
I think I will backtrack for Jecht Spheres now that I have the monster weapons, dunno, feels like I want to do ti, for some reason.

Top Bottom