• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Apathy

Was the "extract" skill in the game before? I honestly don't remember ever having that.

like "extract ability" or "extract power"? those are skills you use in combat and it will mark that mob with a debuff that when killed it will drop that kind of sphere

edit: read that wrong my bad, don't mind my stupidity

oh man only got 1 chest at the trials thing at the beginning of the game... im pretty sure i gotten way more before ;)

for a game that is quite linear for the most part, the side and secret stuff is quite obscure and easily missable.

my one playthrough of this without a guide, i skipped all the end game crap and just went off to fight the boss.... was kinda hard :X

Once you get the
Airship, post-Zanarkand

Ah okay. So when exactly should I return to the previous areas to get the Jecht spheres? Some people said after you get the monster capturing weapons, others said that is too late? It's been quite a few years since I've played FFX, so my memory is a bit fuzzy. And I never had to worry about the Dark Aeons either (since I had the NA version). lol

Faenix1

Ah okay. So when exactly should I return to the previous areas to get the Jecht spheres? Some people said after you get the monster capturing weapons, others said that is too late? It's been quite a few years since I've played FFX, so my memory is a bit fuzzy. And I never had to worry about the Dark Aeons either (since I had the NA version). lol

That's what I'd love to know.. at present I want to avoid the Dark Aeons as long as possible but not miss anything at the same time lol

XJF

once you reach the calm lands, you can no longer backtrack passed
guadosalam
. The best time is directly after you find the first one.

Dang! Apparently missed my second primer. I now have primers 1 to 10, 12-14, and 16. I've gotsta find 11 and 15! But again, I will find them with no tips or guides, thanks!

Btw, Macalania is rather beautiful

Atlantis

once you reach the calm lands, you can no longer backtrack passed
guadosalam
. The best time is directly after you find the first one.

The best time to do it is after you get the Airship and then just waiting until you're strong enough to take out Dark Valefor before getting the last one.

There's no reason to get them asap, you aren't missing anything by not having Tornado.

On the highroad right before you enter mushroom rock road she says
something about taking taking a nap and then says Bartellos name seductively. The implications are fucking horrifying.

They're a couple, she wants exactly what you think she does.

Holy shit, I swear FFX International with expert grid is much harder than vanilla FFX. I just had the second fight with Belgemine and I've lost that fight and the first fight with her. I never lose to her.

You just go into those fights with your Aeons pre-charged to Overdrive, then you Overdrive with your Aeon to oneshot each one she summons. If for some impossible reason you didn't oneshot an Aeon, go in with Yuna's Overdrive ready.

On the highroad right before you enter mushroom rock road she says
something about taking taking a nap and then says Bartellos name seductively. The implications are fucking horrifying.

I don't know what
Bartello
sees in her.
Worst-dressed character in Final fantasy.

The clincher is the black pumps and fishnet stockings.
What the fuck

If you don't backtrack to Besaid immediately after the bossfight that unlocks the spheres, yes.

Fuck it I'll just wait until I get the airship.
YOLO and all that but I'll be goddamned if I'm going to hoof it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way back to Besaid.

ZeroX03

Banned

Yeah that was my fault (and someone else) for giving bad advice. Backtrack as soon as you get the first sphere - takes about an hour - or don't bother. It's whether or not you want the trophy and Auron's final limit break earlier or not.

If you do backtrack, there's a vendor that sells a First Strike weapon for Tidus. Equip that and use Flee to quickly avoid battles. Or just have your weaker teammates kill them to upgrade their kill stats, you'll want those to get the Slayer overdrive and the Don Tonberry AP trick.

Ahahaha. NOPE.

??

Atlantis

Dod you have a link to said trick? I'm at that point now, right before final location

Don Tonberry (Unlocked by capturing enemies in The Cavern of the Stolen Fayth) has a counterattack that does damage depending on the number of fiends the character has killed.

Basically you use Overdrive -> AP with the Comrade Overdrive mode to quickly gain AP. Triple AP and Triple Overdrive obviously makes this much faster. You can even flee the battle and still get AP.

XJF

Don Tonberry (Unlocked by capturing enemies in The Cavern of the Stolen Fayth) has a counterattack that does damage depending on the number of fiends the character has killed.

Basically you use Overdrive -> AP with the Comrade Overdrive mode to quickly gain AP. Triple AP and Triple Overdrive obviously makes this much faster. You can even flee the battle and still get AP.

Ah, that's legit. As kids I remember using the cactuar thing in the arena and doing something similar. This is better lol

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Don_Tonberry_(Final_Fantasy_X)

This goes into a little more detail than the above post. If your characters aren't taking enough damage from grudge, just farm up weak kills while monster catching. I've consciously made sure to give everyone a lot of kills throughout my game.
Bookmarked, thanks!

I totally just 3-hit killed
Belgemine's Yojimbo

ZeroX03

Banned
To quote the guide book on post-game bosses, "There's always Zanmato..."
love it .... when it works

My first time playing the game it was the international edition and I was following a US guide and got blindsided by the Dark Aeons. Had no idea what was happening, so I just Yojimbo'd my way through all of them. His affection was pretty damn high that game lol.

XJF

My first time playing the game it was the international edition and I was following a US guide and got blindsided by the Dark Aeons. Had no idea what was happening, so I just Yojimbo'd my way through all of them. His affection was pretty damn high that game lol.
Lucky, He's never liked me that much lol

Took me about 45 minutes to do the chocobo race. uuugh

Which one? Balloons or chests?

bootski

fuck im stuck at the part where im fighting
the machina boss
just before the
macarena temple
. i dont remember it being this hard ten years ago. damn.

Atlantis

fuck im stuck at the part where im fighting
the machina boss
just before the
macarena temple
. i dont remember it being this hard ten years ago. damn.

Use Cheer and any lightning-elemental weapons you have. You can also Slow him if you have a weapon than can inflict it.

Don't bother destroying the Negator.

Top Bottom