• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Flandy

fuck im stuck at the part where im fighting
the machina boss
just before the
macarena temple
. i dont remember it being this hard ten years ago. damn.

I remember getting
Rikku to mix together some sort of potion that cast regen on the party. Think thats how I finally managed to beat it those years ago. Haven't got up to that point of the game yet. Operation Mijhim just finished

How do you guys and gals feel about playing this without a guide? Or am I going to screw myself that way.

I don't have it yet but I'm thinking about buying it for the Vita.

Atlantis

How do you guys and gals feel about playing this without a guide? Or am I going to screw myself that way.

Unlike most games of its type, FFX doesn't have a lot of completely missable things. The only one you're likely to want are the Al Bhed Primers, but those can be imported from another save.

ZeroX03

Banned

FFX without a guide is perfectly fine, the only thing you should read up on are the Al Bhed Primers, missable items attached to a trophy. Play on the standard sphere grid instead of expert. You'd be fine. X-2 is a different story, it requires a guide to get a lot of things otherwise you need to wait for NG+.

I know I'm going to need to do it eventually anyway, but I've actually ran into 10 monsters here in the Calm Lands. Does the Marlboro not count towards the 9 or something?

edit: nevermind, figured it out

Izuna

Banned
So guys, the HD remaster just showed up on PSN EU a day before and the screenshots are terrible haha, they all have a colour channel missing so I think it's a massive bug.

I am extremely annoyed though. I did not know you couldn't buy FFX-2 on its own. I don't think I will get this collection.

Ghazi

FFX without a guide is perfectly fine, the only thing you should read up on are the Al Bhed Primers, missable items attached to a trophy. Play on the standard sphere grid instead of expert. You'd be fine. X-2 is a different story, it requires a guide to get a lot of things otherwise you need to wait for NG+.
Do you have any specific recommendations for an X-2 guide? I mean, when I get to it, it'll be my first time playing it, so it'd probably be helpful to have a good, based off what you say. I assume GameFAQ's has decent guides for RPGs like this?

XJF

OH SHIT! Just got a Zanmato with overdrive NOT at full and only paying 1000 Gil lol
I'm cheap, don't judge me

Faenix1

Question what's the point of the Dark aeons anyway? Just semi-optional (since some seem to block stuff) bosses, or do they do something for you?

Atlantis

Question what's the point of the Dark aeons anyway? Just semi-optional (since some seem to block stuff) bosses, or do they do something for you?

They're just optional fun stuff.

As for those wondering if they should go back, you can always just Zanmato Dark Valefor.

I plan on going for a platinum. So, everything. When and how should I prepare for Dark Aeons?

It's mostly just grinding stats in the monster arena, unlocking celestial weapons, and customizing good armor. The actual fights aren't at all complicated.

K.Sabot

So I go to buy the physical vita game because the download size is too big for my card, but it's sold out?!

And they had copies of the PS3 version, limited edition with the awesome packaging so I bought that.

But seriously, vita games selling out.

bootski

I remember getting
Rikku to mix together some sort of potion that cast regen on the party. Think thats how I finally managed to beat it those years ago. Haven't got up to that point of the game yet. Operation Mijhim just finished

got it done. basic strategy:

grinided a bit to get tidus up in strength
equipped all my lightning weapons before the fight; stupid mistake on my part
destroyed the negator quickly using wakka and rikku
used slow from tidus on boss
thundara from lulu
and the biggest save; pulled out an ixion and used shield on the mana beam; only does 200dmg like this; eat a couple assaults and then dropped thor's hammer on him

doing it like this made it much much easier; equipping weapons before the fight and aeon use was key. i had kept on reloading the save and just running in without the right stuff equipped (wasting a turn in battle).

Flandy

Why did the US never get the international version anyway?

Gahh. I don't feel like doing the 3rd cloister of trials but I suppose you gotta do what you gotta do >__<

got it done. basic strategy:

grinided a bit to get tidus up in strength
equipped all my lightning weapons before the fight; stupid mistake on my part
destroyed the negator quickly using wakka and rikku
used slow from tidus on boss
thundara from lulu
and the biggest save; pulled out an ixion and used shield on the mana beam; only does 200dmg like this; eat a couple assaults and then dropped thor's hammer on him

doing it like this made it much much easier; equipping weapons before the fight and aeon use was key. i had kept on reloading the save and just running in without the right stuff equipped (wasting a turn in battle).
Congrats. Have fun in the next boss :p Don't remember if it was hard lol

It's been so long since I played this but:

Spoilers for Operation Mii'hen:
There is no way for both Luzzu and Gatta to survive, correct? I seem to recall what you say to them will determine which of the two die, but one always dies.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Why did the US never get the international version anyway?
The original idea of the international version is that it's based on the US voices and tweaks in localization, and re-released in Japan.... But then they still add a whole bunch of shit we never had on top of it. :p

PAL was lucky to get that stuff .. I guess their release was so belated that there was time to add it all in.

I always thought the Internationals and Final Mixes would have made great Greatest Hits releases. I'd have double dipped too. But that ship sailed....

Flandy

It's been so long since I played this but:

Spoilers for Operation Mii'hen:
There is no way for both Luzzu and Gatta to survive, correct? I seem to recall what you say to them will determine which of the two die, but one always dies.

Wait what? The Luzzu can survive? I always thought that if you didn't tell Gatta to wait to wait that both of them would die

The original idea of the international version is that it's based on the US voices and tweaks in localization, and re-released in Japan.... But then they still add a whole bunch of shit we never had on top of it. :p

PAL was lucky to get that stuff .. I guess their release was so belated that there was time to add it all in.

I always thought the Internationals and Final Mixes would have made great Greatest Hits releases. I'd have double dipped too. But that ship sailed....

I guess I just don't understand why they didn't release it like a year later. Get people hyped to buy X-2 by releasing X with more content :p Or a greatest hit version with the international content like you said

Kind of feel like asking this now rather than later so: I want to beat this game first, then go back to do all the extra stuff, when is a good place to create divergent save files? RIght after
you get the airship?
Don't worry about location/battle spoilers.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I guess I just don't understand why they didn't release it like a year later. Get people hyped to buy X-2 by releasing X with more content :p Or a greatest hit version with the international content like you said
I'd definitely call it a missed opportunity. Those games had a looooong tail. I saw FFX and others being sold in new copies well into the late-2000s.

It was pre-Game of the Year Edition era, though. I think if they ever do an international again, we're more likely to get it.

Wait until later and use No Encounters equipment. You can get a weapon with No Encounters off the optional fight at Baaj Temple.

I don't know if I'll have the patience even with no encounter. Seems like I have too much input lag.
By the time the screen flashes it's usually too late.

Lulu is probably gonna end up a part of team benchwarmer again when the end-game rolls around.

Atlantis

I don't know if I'll have the patience even with no encounter. Seems like I have too much input lag.
By the time the screen flashes it's usually too late.

Lulu is probably gonna end up a part of team benchwarmer again when the end-game rolls around.

She's probably the worse end-game character anyway.

ramyeon

I kept thinking that the cloister of trial stuff is all way easier than I remember and then Bevelle's one rolls up... Yep, this is the one that stuck in my memory, so annoying.

Faenix1

Nope.

Yuna starts right next to it I think.

Think so. Khimari is a few nodes away.

Tidus is closest to Speed and Power, and I think Wakka is closest to Mana. Pretty sure that's how mine are set up, and I abuse the hell out of them on EVERY enemy as I switch my party in and out lol

**for those that are curious**

Jacobbles

I'm almost up to
having access to the airship.

Where should I begin with endgame stuff? Should I follow the story through to it's conclusion and then worry about it all? I'd kinda like to start doing optional stuff as soon as possible, but I'm not even sure where to begin.

Faenix1

Ouch, lulu is bad end game?

My party always ends up Auron, Yuna, and Lulu lmao

Though with Expert Grid I can change that up (Maybe a yuna "red mage", and get Rikku in Lulu's spot)

Atlantis

werd? ive been gearing up lulu to be my beast mode magic dealer; altho its just because of the boobie physics i think they added on the victory animation.

Ouch, lulu is bad end game?

My party always ends up Auron, Yuna, and Lulu lmao

Though with Expert Grid I can change that up (Maybe a yuna "red mage", and get Rikku in Lulu's spot)

Lulu is absolutely fine to use endgame. (Dark Aeons/Penance) The only reason I called her the "worst" is that she has the slowest attack animation. :p

If we're talking about the story line, Lulu is probably one of the best characters throughout the entire game.

Manu

I know everyone is discussing endgame stuff already, but I just started the game a few hours ago.

Man, this game. It just makes me happy. I have the biggest smile on my face while playing. I love it so much.

Faenix1

Lulu is absolutely fine to use endgame. (Dark Aeons/Penance) The only reason I called her the "worst" is that she has the slowest attack animation. :p

If we're talking about the story line, Lulu is probably one of the best characters throughout the entire game.

Phew. Anything less than those three would just be foreign to me.. lol

Squire

Banned
The last couple of days I played up to the temple at Djose.

Operation Mi'ihen and it's aftermath still hit pretty hard. I really feel like Taylor has ace delivery of those lines.

I think I'm starting to get used to the new music (or at least used to the new Wandering Frame) and the faces as well.

Lulu storyline

I never did undwrstand Lulu and Wakka's relationship. I know she compares him to Chappu all the time and thinks he's much worse. Even Wakka thinks that. But their full relationship - as in Wakka and Lulu - is not fully revealed. It is ambiguous. Then in X-2 she's pregnant.

Is it possible to NTR the dead?

Top Bottom