• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Flandy

Oh god. Get it away D:
13334873503_26d9c091d5_b.jpg

Funnily, the first few minutes are the exact same hallway as in FF XIII, hahaha.

FFX has a good story, soundtrack and gameplay. FF13 doesn't

being linear benefits FFX narrative. and FFX makes things more exciting with shops, little towns, side characters. FF13 is boring as hell pushing information in data logs and having no towns to break up the action. and FFX has mini games, interesting side quests. It just shows that 2 games can have similar design but it's all about the EXECUTION. FFX wins, FF13 fails.

being linear benefits FFX narrative. and FFX makes things more exciting with shops, little towns, side characters. FF13 is boring as hell pushing information in data logs and having no towns to break up the action. and FFX has mini games, interesting side quests. It just shows that 2 games can have similar design but it's all about the EXECUTION. FFX wins, FF13 fails.

What are some other games touched by Toriyama? The 3rd Birthday also a big chunk of its lolworthy plot into data logs.

Mr. RHC

Certainly! It was less about criticizing FF X but about showing the failure of FF XIII.

Atlantis

Really? Granted I don't remember the standard grid that well, but Expert seems to allow characters to follow the same "standard class" path ad in the original so far.

Sure, but the paths aren't as set in stone. There are plenty of chances to 'mess up' and have your characters end up in an entire different section of the grid. The character's sections are also pretty oddly shaped (they make a spiral, neat!) in the ESG, which makes it more confusing.

Do you HAVE to replace nodes - like strength +1 nodes with strength +4 nodes - in order to beat the Dark Aeons?

No.

There's a fairly big 'required' stat jump between the Dark Aeons and Penance though, which is why I recommend just using Zanmato on it.

No Love

Banned
Just fired this up for the first time since downloading last night and the feels, man.

Context: First time i've played this since its EU release around 12 years now, I guess. Sadly it was the last game my Dad bought me before he suddenly died in the August of that year - nice nostalgia/feel trip going on though.

So sorry to hear about it but it also must remind you of him in a beautiful, positive way.

Trumpets

reveirg said:
Really? Granted I don't remember the standard grid that well, but Expert seems to allow characters to follow the same "standard class" path ad in the original so far.

I'm sure you can but I've no idea what the original path was, and the expert grid doesn't seem to show you.

Aurizen

about to get yojimbo I picked "To defeat the most powerful of enemies." will that mean he will use Zanmato easily and perform better?

i'm doing the Lightning Bolts right now. I'm at 50. this fucking sucks!

The lightning dodging is actually the least bad of the three fuckawful Celestial weapon minigames since at least it only requires steadiness and attention. The chocobo racing and butterflies are just fucking terrible.

(This reminds me of how closely I've guarded my last FFX save where I completed all three of these tasks, heh.)

XJF

The lightning dodging is actually the least bad of the three fuckawful Celestial weapon minigames since at least it only requires steadiness and attention. The chocobo racing and butterflies are just fucking terrible.

(This reminds me of how closely I've guarded my last FFX save where I completed all three of these tasks, heh.)

already done the other two. This is my final one. All I have left CW wise is Wakka's, and I've always found Blitz to be easy!

Which reminds me, What's the best end-game Blitz team to have?

I have been playing the PS3 version and I can explain the differences between each version. The PS3 version is the original in HD. The Vita version is given a palette lift, but not as detailed as the PS3 version. Think Sly Cooper: Thrives in Time and you will understand what I mean.

SirNinja

Any chance Maechen could get his own show on National Geographic?
I could listen to that dude talk for hours.

One of the best VAs in FFX for sure. I would totally watch an hour-long special on Shoopufs.

"And that, as they say...is that."

FFXIII had a PHENOMENAL OST.

The entire trilogy did, really. Say what you want about Lightning Returns, but it had three games' worth of awesome music in it. Hamauzu/Mizuta/Suzuki are a hell of a composing team, and I hope they work together on future projects.

Welp I'm starting my playthrough right now! :D

Lets hope that I'm not as rusty as I think I am. Will have to watch out for the things in the International version since I only played the original.

Looking forward to doing everything in this game!

Might eventually play X-2 but X takes priority.

I'm pretty Toriyama really wanted to make his own FFX but then manged to fail at almost everything. It's pretty impressive really.

The one thing that FFX does really well is wrap its story around a cohesive mythology. FFXIII's mythology, on the other hand, is the mad ramblings of a shit flinging mental patient.

Levyne

Banned
Everything takes so long after the Calm Lands because I always dart around to gather monsters. At least it will be good sphere levels for (Boss Spoiler)
Yunalesca

Kind of pissed off that I had to back out of picking up the HD collection on the Vita today. Did not realise that FFX-2 is download only and since I'm using a US account on a UK machine, it sets up a myriad of problems when it comes cross-save etc. I want to be able to move saves from one machine to the other, but I'm assuming that a UK copy of FFX-2 on the PS3 wouldn't be able to see a US bought digital copy of FFX-2. If I'm wrong, then great, I can buy the UK PS3 physical copy and pick up FFX and FFX-2 on the US store. Somehow, I doubt that'll work, but if anyone can chime in and prove me wrong, please do.

Wow, there were a lot of Primers ins a row around Bikanel Island. I hope I found them all though. I'm doing quite well (I think) with finding primers. I now have I-X and XII-XXI. Still have to try and go back to find XI. Hopefully it is not missable, but I'll find out eventually. Now on the airship!

Man this sucks. I got called in to work.... :(

Oh well playing tonight depending on how tired I am.

Will make 3 save files so I don't have to go through the trouble of starting at the beginning over and over again.

I had a save on my PS2 where I'd learned Blitz Ace just after leaving Besaid. Did it by abusing the infinitely spawning sin spawn when it attacks your ship on the way to Kilika. Yup, time well spent. Definitely won't be doing that this time around.

XJF

I had a save on my PS2 where I'd learned Blitz Ace just after leaving Besaid. Did it by abusing the infinitely spawning sin spawn when it attacks your ship on the way to Kilika. Yup, time well spent. Definitely won't be doing that this time around.

Earliest i've gotten it is Moonflow north Bank

You have to backtrack from Djose Highroad to the beach where the big battle was. There are some boxes there you can climb which will take you to Mushroom Rock. From that point I recommend you look it up on YouTube. Maybe it would be better to wait until you have No Encounter, unless you don't mind doing a ton of battles.

can i just take the airship later?

Arthea

There are much easier ways to break FFX's battle system than grinding for Blitz Ace.

The most overpowered, game-breaking ability in the game is Mix, and Rikku comes with it for free.

it doesn't come free, though, so I don't think it can be said it breaks a game, for better mixes rare items are needed, as far as I can remember.

XJF

It was during a "let's see how I can abuse and ultimately break the battle system" run. Of which, FFVIII is the undisputed king. FFX is a worthy runner-up, mind you.

Right now I'm doing my cleanup with the airship and I only have Slice & Dice lol Tidus has been in EVERY battle possible.

Joqu

So FFX: I've been hearing a lot about missables? Should I be going after those on my first playthrough or should I save that stuff for another time?

Top Bottom