• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Magnus

Guys, I'm a little scared.

I've loaded up a save a couple times now on the Mi'ihen Highroad. The first battle I get into afterward seems to have this absurd loading time to it. The music only kicks in a second after the screen 'shatters' and then my characters chill just standing there while the enemies take upwards of 3-5 seconds to appear. Then the battle starts.

This, plus my ps3 seems to be 'groaning' a little more as it accepts discs into its drive. They seem to be coming in and going out ever so slightly slower.

My bluray drive is dying, isn't it.

If S-E finally makes FFXII HD then they'll have to put Revenant Wings as well since Sony requires at least 2 games for a "HD Collection", right?

There's no particular evidence that Sony will continue to enforce this now that the generation has rolled over. On both PS1 and PS2 SCEA had similarly obnoxious and poorly thought-out rules about what publishers could release, and in both cases they were relaxed significantly once the followup system came out.

Guys, I'm a little scared.

I've loaded up a save a couple times now on the Mi'ihen Highroad. The first battle I get into afterward seems to have this absurd loading time to it. The music only kicks in a second after the screen 'shatters' and then my characters chill just standing there while the enemies take upwards of 3-5 seconds to appear. Then the battle starts.

This, plus my ps3 seems to be 'groaning' a little more as it accepts discs into its drive. They seem to be coming in and going out ever so slightly slower.

My bluray drive is dying, isn't it.

Sounds like it's on life support

My condolences

Ah, so glad I got the Vita version. So nice to play a bit and then just put the system on standby. And I am actually a bit surprised at how much I am enjoying it - it wasn't my favorite FF -game back in the day, but years of FFXIII -abuse have made me appreciate it a lot.

The soundtrack is still the best FF soundtrack there is, though. Yes, the best.

Son Of D

Is there any way to buy FFX-2HD only on the Vita? Without buying from another person? If not, does anyone sell an europe code?

Only if you buy from another person. Or if you know someone willing to buy the X cart off you if you buy for the X-2 code.

Mr. RHC

Noooo, why the fuck did they bring a Lightning DLC with FFX HD, I never asked for this sh!t.

wear_yuna.jpg

Burn it with fire already, sigh..

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Did S-E or Sony ever explain why cross-save requires internet? If I had to guess, I would say it is because the PS3/Vita OS cannot modify saves, so they cannot be converted and the upload server does that. How does cross-save work in other games?

Arthea

Do you HAVE to replace nodes - like strength +1 nodes with strength +4 nodes - in order to beat the Dark Aeons?

Not really, I actually used those for empty nodes, just because I had items for them, but also I've beaten all darkies without maxing any characters grid, so I would assume, no, you don't have to. Only it will be a tad harder.

Aurizen

don't wanna rain on your parade, but last time (decade ago), I was telling myself this once in half an hour, and I remember that I heard it much more times than I wanted (><)

nobody makes games like this anymore... I'm not sure anybody even can, if they wanted.

lol its ok, I need to get more and I've been at it for nearly 2 hours :(

Vashetti

Banned
I hope Sony does relax the 'rule' of two or more games for HD collections, it would speed up the process of getting XII IZJS HD done immensely, as SE wouldn't be running around like headless chickens trying to find something to include to make it two games.

Noooo, why the fuck did they bring a Lightning DLC with FFX HD, I never asked for this sh!t.

Burn it with fire already, sigh..

Was shaking my head in disbelief when I saw that on the back of my LE packaging.

They really couldn't resist putting Lightning on the box somewhere.

Kura

Banned
Just beat the 2 Ronsos on Gagazet. Apparently I build my Kimahri like a tank, they barely tickled me, even though it took awhile to kill them. Snagged Mighty Guaard from one of theme.

I think they auto-level so you can never lose : D

Flandy

What's up with the 5.1 sound in the game. My receiver does 5.1 on everything else but this game only has sound playing through the front two speakers?! Even the PS2 played 5.1 on the CG scenes but this still plays them in stereo?
It only supports 2.1
I hope Sony does relax the 'rule' of two or more games for HD collections, it would speed up the process of getting XII IZJS HD done immensely, as SE wouldn't be running around like headless chickens trying to find something to include to make it two games.

Was shaking my head in disbelief when I saw that on the back of my LE packaging.

They really couldn't resist putting Lightning on the box somewhere.

Maybe they'll finally localize Type-0 so they can throw it in the collection :p

False. I died to them three times the first time I played FFX, since I never used Kimahri. I had a much easier time here. Were the nerfed?

They auto-level with your Sphere Level, so if you level inefficiently (ie backtrack too much or not take advantage of being able to move backwards 4 per Sphere Level / take Kimahri down a path he has poor synergy with (Lulu or Yuna) if you're on Standard Grid ) they can end up really powerful compared to you. If you level up efficiently they won't be much of a threat.

QP3

Just bought this game and I don't even own a Vita! That'll be the next step I suppose...Can't wait to play this thing on the go.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Indeed! :D

That said, I was wondering, did Nobuo participated in remastering the OST or was it made by someone else?
The remastering was done by Hamauzu, who was the co-composer for FFX. He also composed for the FFXIII trilogy. You can tell from both FFXIII and the remastered FFX OSTs that he loves his strings.

Aeana

Any chance Maechen could get his own show on National Geographic?
I could listen to that dude talk for hours.

Have you played FF10-2? That game forces you to listen to his long talks without interrupting him or trying to move dialog along quicker in order to get 100%.

Seik

Banned
The remastering was done by Hamauzu, who was the co-composer for FFX. He also composed for the FFXIII trilogy. You can tell from both FFXIII and the remastered FFX OSTs that he loves his strings.

Thanks for the answer!

True that, there's a lot more of these, though I love what he did with the OST, too.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Thanks for the answer!

True that, there's a lot more of these, though I love what he did with the OST, too.
Oh definitely. Tbh, I have a hard time choosing between the two composers. I think that's why I love FFX's music so much. It's a great mix of both.

Mr. RHC

Hamauzu is fantastic as well!

I really like the dynamic battles, this is something the might consider adding in future ARPG games, adds a cinematic feeling.

Reveirg

Hamauzu only rearranged some of the remastered songs (mostly his own compositions: Wandering Flame, Besaid, Someday the dream will end, people of the far north, etc.). Nakano did most of the rest (boss theme, main menu screen among others) with Uematsu/Narita arranging some of Uematsu's original tracks (Battle Theme, Fanfare, Chocobo Jam).

I find Hamauzu's arrangements to be mostly superior to the work done by Nakano. Better sample choices and more live instruments.

Just fired this up for the first time since downloading last night and the feels, man.

Context: First time i've played this since its EU release around 12 years now, I guess. Sadly it was the last game my Dad bought me before he suddenly died in the August of that year - nice nostalgia/feel trip going on though.

Trumpets

Started playing using the expert sphere grid, took one look at it once the story allowed (about 50 mins in), them immediately started a new game with the far less confusing and stressful standard grid.

I wouldn't have known where to start with that thing.

Reveirg

Started playing using the expert sphere grid, took one look at it once the story allowed (about 50 mins in), them immediately started a new game with the far less confusing and stressful standard grid.

I wouldn't have known where to start with that thing.

Really? Granted I don't remember the standard grid that well, but Expert seems to allow characters to follow the same "standard class" path ad in the original so far.

Seik

Banned
along with the original boss theme. dat choir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLAfulP8fRw

some of the changes I appreciate, but many were unnecessary.

wish they used their common sense.

I prefer the original boss theme, too, but I really, really love the job done for the battle theme.

It sounds glorious. Less bassy, but I love the added guitar. It's been 7 hours of gameplay so far and I'm still having a hard time not whistling some parts when I hear it. :p

Top Bottom