• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Havent gotten to play as much as I'd like. Just finished Kilika. Still a great game, but the lip sync looks awful nowadays. Goung to switch to ps3 for tonight. Its minor but the frame rate dropping on Vita here and there bugs me.

Do I hate Blitzball, gets me so angry!!! How do the fucking Goers get the ball when I break through with 11 En and they have 8 At?! I will never understand this, I'm raging so hard because of this game.

There are much easier ways to break FFX's battle system than grinding for Blitz Ace.

The most overpowered, game-breaking ability in the game is Mix, and Rikku comes with it for free.

I know that, I just liked the idea of having Blitz Ace as early as possible. I wasn't really going for proficiency in terms of breaking the battle system.

XJF

Do I hate Blitzball, gets me so angry!!! How do the fucking Goers get the ball when I break through with 11 En and they have 8 At?! I will never understand this, I'm raging so hard because of this game.

In the tutorial it said that the actual value is randomized between 50%-150% of value. So if their attack is 10, it could hit for anywhere between 5 and 15.

already done the other two.

Well then you saved the easiest for last!

So FFX: I've been hearing a lot about missables?

FFX doesn't have much at all in the way of interesting missables, except for the Al Bhed primers, a few of which are one-chance only.

This version does have some stuff that gets locked down at the end because Dark Aeons get in the way.

Full list of both here if you want it.

Turbo91GT

I'm really enjoying playing FFX again, I haven't played it in a long time. The remastered/ rearranged songs are fine, thankfully. The only thing that annoys me is Tidus's upper lip. Did he look like that in the original? Kind of reminds me of that guy bit by the snapping turtle:

turtle%201-105722_copy1.jpg

Joqu

Well then you saved the easiest for last!

FFX doesn't have much at all in the way of interesting missables, except for the Al Bhed primers, a few of which are one-chance only.

This version does have some stuff that gets locked down at the end because Dark Aeons get in the way.

Full list of both here if you want it.

Ah, thanks for linking me to that, should be a great help! It's X-2 that has way more of them correct?

APeacefulPanda

Neo Member
Decided to jump on the strategy guide for this. I know I don't really need it, especially since everything is up on the FF wiki. But it's just nice to have it all in a physical thing where I can find everything in one place no problem. Reminds me of when I was a kid.

For anyone else interested, it's just about $10 off at Barnes and Noble right now, and they also sent me a 15% off coupon that expires tomorrow so I was able to grab it for $13. Figured why not since I had a few gift cards lying around.

Edit: Apparently they're super back ordered, my shipping estimate for when it's supposed to leave their warehouse is April 11th.

B.K.

Blitzball is really random. It's the worst part about it.

In the tutorial it said that the actual value is randomized between 50%-150% of value. So if their attack is 10, it could hit for anywhere between 5 and 15.

Thanks, guess I have skipped that part. But every time I have a good chance to score with just one guy before me I lose the ball to someone with less attack than my endurance.

Are there other things I should be aware of?

Aurizen

your user name is berserk so I guess you'll be going "berserk" a lot in this game lol. I'm having trouble with the chocobo race. :(

Arthea

your user name is berserk so I guess you'll be going "berserk" a lot in this game lol. I'm having trouble with the chocobo race. :(

believe me, I so feel for you, I dread the moment of chocobo races (both) and lightning dodging. After doing those first time, I said to myself never again! But I do want those celestial weapons, damn them :(

Don't let me remember the chocobo race! Was near crying back in the PS2 era :p

Are there any benefits in winning the first tournament against the Goers or am I trying to win for nothing?

XJF

Are there any benefits in winning the first tournament against the Goers or am I trying to win for nothing?

I found the Chocobo race at the temple to be exponentially harder when you have to get the 5 chests and still win

Only thing you get for winning the game against the Goers is a Strength sphere, which you can farm infinitely late game. Not worth it,

Beant

You get a +4 strength sphere and the cutscene has Wakka holding a huge trophy. And you get to show those goers who the boss is!!!

Aurizen

I've been doing it since 11am! its now 5:32pm! would be cool if you could use someone elses save with cloud... I wonder if the cloud save is linked to our account..

Faenix1

At last. It is time.

8d170de4-5528-46a4-8f32-ab942f05146c_zps506e70c5.jpg

Same set up for me only I returned my Limited Edition game for the regular. I can't handle those kind of cases. Hate em really badly. lol

When you go through make sure you read Valefors information to get his other overdrive. It doesnt say in the Isle of Besaid section you can get it pretty much right before you leave until you read that section.. :|

orochi91

I'll copy my post from another thread:

It's gotten to the point where I'm not sure if I will buy any of these games cuz I worry
they will show up on the PS4 eventually. It's why I cancelled my FFX HD collection preorder, and will probably hold off on buying KH2.5 HD, ToZ and Persona 5.

I don't want to have to fucking double dip if they show up on the PS4 down the road.

Is there any possibility that these will show up on the PS4?

Faenix1

I'll copy my post from another thread:

It's gotten to the point where I'm not sure if I will buy any of these games cuz I worry
they will show up on the PS4 eventually. It's why I cancelled my FFX HD collection preorder, and will probably hold off on buying KH2.5 HD, ToZ and Persona 5.

I don't want to have to fucking double dip if they show up on the PS4 down the road.

Is there any possibility that these will show up on the PS4?

I have a feeling they wont but noone can say for sure

Ah, thanks for linking me to that, should be a great help! It's X-2 that has way more of them correct?

X-2 is basically 40 hours of extremely intricate missables, starting with something major you can miss before the opening sequence is finished.

The time I succeeded in doing it, I had been trying for probably three hours to very little luck. At this point my housemate came through the living room and was like "no way man, you should really just give up. You'll never be able to do it and so you should quit for your own sanity."

When my efforts, now powered by righteous rage, proved successful just about twenty minutes later, I think I actually ran downstairs and danced around him in a circle, shoving the game case in his face and yelling "SUCK ON IT." I'm not proud.

OmegaDL50

Grab the 30 Wings of Discovery from the Requiem Chocobo Race and mix two together for Trio of 9999. No more sphere levels needed

This isn't even necessary just equipment with Deathproof or Zombieproof is more then enough.

Yunalesca casts Zombie on your entire party, but when you remove it she follows up with and All-party targeting death spell. These two attacks are what makes her so hard to begin with. Simply having equipment that negates both Death and Zombie status makes her pretty much harmless.

Faenix1

X-2 is basically 40 hours of extremely intricate missables, starting with something major you can miss before the opening sequence is finished.

Serious? Dang.. when I was younger playing this I probably missed every single thing. No wonder I later got stuck at a boss.. lol

Zafir

The scene after the events is slightly different, nothing special.

Edit: NVM just noticed you beat it anyway. :p

God this game is so awesome on Vita. Weird how such an old game looks better than most of the modern games made for the system.

Any Blitzball tips for an amateur?

OmegaDL50

God this game is so awesome on Vita. Weird how such an old game looks better than most of the modern games made for the system.

Any Blitzball tips for an amateur?

It's the very first game against the Goer's don't worry about trying to score during the first half.

The main thing you should do in Blitzball is hit triangle and change to manual immediately, automated movement sucks.

Using Letty, Jassu, Botta, and Tidus pass the ball between these four on your side of the field. Players earn experience based on actions performed. So the more you pass the ball around the less chances the opposing team has time with the ball the better your odds will be.

Once Tidus is left 3 or higher he can use the Jecht Shot (if you successfully did the mini game on the S.S Winno on the way to Luca)

The Jecht shot will nullify up to one defending player in front of you. So even if you approach the goalkeeper with two defenders blocking you, you can break one of them use the Jecht Shot to blow through the 2nd defender and more often then not score easily.

After the events in Luca you can recruit free agents, I recommend hiring Wedge (Foward), Jumal (Goalkeeper), and Zalitz (Defender) which all three of these people will make a good replacements for Datto, Keepa, and Botta.

The reason why most people are turned away from Blitzball is because your starting team has some of the worst players given you, the only half way decent members you get are Jassu and Letty, everyone else is pretty much easily replaceable with far superior starting stats.

Key things to know when hire free agents. Defenders should have high attack and decent passing stats, Mid fielder (Letty) should also have a reasonable attack and high passing stat.

Fowards job is generally score so a high shot stat is preferable. Keep these things in mind using the handy charts in the link below to build your ultimate blitz team

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Blitzball_Agents

XJF

I didn't want to know this, but accidentally read it. Does this mean I missed 22, though? *sigh* fuck me, I hope not...

Yes, Not sure how you missed 22 though. There's a small scene where you reunite with you party on a very small walkway. You have a clear view of the Primer and physically have to LITERALLY walk over it.

Top Bottom