• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

What's up with the 5.1 sound in the game. My receiver does 5.1 on everything else but this game only has sound playing through the front two speakers?! Even the PS2 played 5.1 on the CG scenes but this still plays them in stereo?

RpgN

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! Need! And if they do it, it better be the IZJS version!

I hope that goes without saying for them, if they're planning on releasing it that is. It would be another good excuse to get for most people :D

Also, I just made it to Kilika temple. It's in the woods where the game opens up a bit and you get more liberty with the gameplay. Loving it.

How much do you need to pay O'aka total? Never really bothered in the past, never knew that you could get benefits out of him either. I'm going to do that this time.

kadotsu

Banned
I'm currently waiting for my copy. Have they fixed the "When I'm older I want to be a blitzball" line and this FMV:

tumblr_lzkjwxt90p1qmb4n3o2_400.gif

I'm currently waiting for my copy. Have they fixed the "When I'm older I want to be a blitzball" line and this FMV:

tumblr_lzkjwxt90p1qmb4n3o2_400.gif
That's terrifying.

Debating whether to grab this, Escha and Logy, or South Park when I go out today. X and X-2 PS2 are sitting on the shelf by my TV, mocking me for even thinking of buying this remaster over a new title, but then they aren't the international versions.

Tempted to get Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD even though I haven't really played any Final Fantasy games before. Is it a good starting point for the series?

Tempted to get Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD even though I haven't really played any Final Fantasy games before. Is it a good starting point for the series?

Yep, it's fine to start at FFX. But there are things FFX does differently from other FF games, so if you love or hate it, don't expect it to be the same as other games in the series. Each game is pretty different.

ramyeon

Weapons/Armor with 4 free slots.
Huh? I am pretty sure donating to him does not affect what he stocks at all, only how much he sells it for.

0 - 100 gil -> all items/weapons will get 100% increase in prices
101 - 1000 gil -> all items/weapons will get 50% increase in prices
1001 - 10000 -> all items/weapons will get 20% increase in prices
10001+ -> items/weapons will get 30% discount on all prices

I only donated 1001 so that the prices would be less inflated, because quite frankly unless you're buying a lot you're not going to be getting your money's worth.
doing the chocobo race... wow I never beat this and I can see why :(
Just managed to succeed in this earlier tonight, you can see my rage post above and the quick edit after when I bagged it :p

Never tried it when I played through on the PS2, it was very frustrating. Probably only took me about a half hour of trying though, I feel it was more luck than anything.

Aurizen

Huh? I am pretty sure donating to him does not affect what he stocks at all, only how much he sells it for.

0 - 100 gil -> all items/weapons will get 100% increase in prices
101 - 1000 gil -> all items/weapons will get 50% increase in prices
1001 - 10000 -> all items/weapons will get 20% increase in prices
10001+ -> items/weapons will get 30% discount on all prices

I only donated 1001 so that the prices would be less inflated, because quite frankly unless you're buying a lot you're not going to be getting your money's worth.

Just managed to succeed in this earlier tonight, you can see my rage post above and the quick edit after when I bagged it :p

Never tried it when I played through on the PS2, it was very frustrating. Probably only took me about a half hour of trying though, I feel it was more luck than anything.

any tips? is it easier on ps3 or vita? analog or d-pad?

ramyeon

any tips? is it easier on ps3 or vita? analog or d-pad?
I only have the vita version, but the D-pad is definitely easier. Just pray that you get a layout of balloons that's good. If they're lined up close to you at the start you can easily get like 6 there before you turn the corner and need to worry about the birds. From there just focus on dodging birds instead of balloons. If you can finish in around 30-33 seconds you'll only need around 10 or 11 balloons to bring it down to 0 (As long as you don't get hit at all).

Shahed

Yeah I just gave the guy 1000 on the boat. I might be wrong, but I can't recall money being an issue in the game until ages later, and buy then 10000 is pretty meaningless so I may as well give him it.

Ended up reloading the boss battle under water. It might be a bit over the top, but I want to overkill every boss. Without Scan I never knew how much HP the boss had left. I took some health of and then used Spiral Cut for 800 damage. Didn't kill him. Then Wakka killed it on the next attack...

I was in GAME earlier today on the verge of picking the collection up for the Vita, then I read the box. X-2 is a download code only. I'm in the UK, but my main account on my PS3 is a US account and that's the account I use for my Vita. Before I commit to buying it, will the code with a UK copy of the game work with my US account? I suspect not, but would love to be proved wrong. If anyone could answer, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Lothar

Banned

Well IMO it's easily the best Final Fantasy game and also one of the best games ever made. It's got one of the greatest video game stories, has excellent music, and looked beautiful even on PS2. I have to assume it looks even better now but I don't have a PS3 or Vita.

You don't just have to take my word for it. Look at Famitsu's Top 100 games list done by a poll of their readers. http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Famitsu_Japan's_100_favorite_video_games

FFX is #1.

braves01

Banned
Well IMO it's easily the best Final Fantasy game and also one of the best games ever made. It's got one of the greatest video game stories, has excellent music, and looked beautiful even on PS2. I have to assume it looks even better now but I don't have a PS3 or Vita.

You don't just have to take my word for it. Look at Famitsu's Top 100 games list done by a poll of their readers. http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Famitsu_Japan's_100_favorite_video_games

FFX is #1.

It's so good, it's also on the list at #28.

Just started and i've been having a lot of fun. it still seems so fresh for a JRPG even after all this years... So many memories attached to it too.

Bought the limited edition and it was well worth it.

Saphirax

I was in GAME earlier today on the verge of picking the collection up for the Vita, then I read the box. X-2 is a download code only. I'm in the UK, but my main account on my PS3 is a US account and that's the account I use for my Vita. Before I commit to buying it, will the code with a UK copy of the game work with my US account? I suspect not, but would love to be proved wrong. If anyone could answer, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Won't work, unfortunately.

aett

Yeah I just gave the guy 1000 on the boat. I might be wrong, but I can't recall money being an issue in the game until ages later, and buy then 10000 is pretty meaningless so I may as well give him it.

See the list above - each discount tier starts at 101, 1001, and 10001 gil. If you gave him 1000, you missed out on the next tier by one gil.

Well I found a pretty nice spot to farm lightning bolts.
Near the second cactaur stone. Just wedge yourself between it and the southern wall. No need for no encounter as you'll stay in place no matter how many times you dodge/get struck.

'Course it doesn't seem to help me much, I still get blasted every time.

pariah164

Well I found a pretty nice spot to farm lightning bolts.
Near the second cactaur stone. Just wedge yourself between it and the southern wall. No need for no encounter as you'll stay in place no matter how many times you dodge/get struck.

'Course it doesn't seem to help me much, I still get blasted every time.
Seriously, people. Do it in bursts. It makes it so much easier.

sphinx

the piano man
today for the first time I saw a retail copy on the shelf of X/X-2 for Vita, (Germany here)

for some reason, I always thought the two games together were only available as digital downloads but this is a game changer for me, the two games in a retail copy I can purchase in a store....

I never played eitehr X or X-2 and I do not want to play games of older generations on my TV so I am really looking forward to it.

is there anything (bad?) I should know about regarding this Vita retail copy?? like.. don't know, less content or bad performance or anything?

Just got to Thunder Plains, if I recall correctly I think I'm maybe
% through the game, does that sound right?

Also, for normal sphere grid players, what have you guys been doing with Kihmari? After looping around his area I think I'm going to have him go through Wakka's area first but I don't know.

Kensuke

damnit i missed a primer (number 10) is there anywhere to get it again?

edit" also, did they remove those potions from the suitcase on the boat? cos i kicked it and nothing was happening.. :(

You have to backtrack from Djose Highroad to the beach where the big battle was. There are some boxes there you can climb which will take you to Mushroom Rock. From that point I recommend you look it up on YouTube. Maybe it would be better to wait until you have No Encounter, unless you don't mind doing a ton of battles.

JimPanzer

today for the first time I saw a retail copy on the shelf of X/X-2 for Vita, (Germany here)

for some reason, I always thought the two games together were only available as digital downloads but this is a game changer for me, the two games in a retail copy I can purchase in a store....

I never played eitehr X or X-2 and I do not want to play games of older generations on my TV so I am really looking forward to it.

is there anything (bad?) I should know about regarding this Vita retail copy?? like.. don't know, less content or bad performance or anything?

X-2 is only included as a digital download, not on the actual card

McNum

Huh, I've forgotten a lot of things about this game, but... I can still Blitz with the best of 'em. Using the worst of 'em. Goers defeated! 2-1! And Tidus didn't even get to score. He did have a Jecht Shot opportunity, but got Drain Tackled and then that nice super shiny 120 HP technique was just useless. But the other attacker, with the 8 SH got a clear shot and put one in. The Goers retaliated and it went into overtime. Where Wakka got played clear and boom. Aurochs win!

I think I know a pretty good plan for that match now. Basically, you're outgunned. They have you beat in nearly every stat and if they ever get a confrontation on their terms, you'll lose the ball. So... don't. Pass. Draw the Goes to one side of the field, then pass to the MF who passes to the open attacker. Doesn't matter if it's Tidus, Wakka, or that other guy, just give him a clear close range shot and go for it.

Now to go back to being awful at the temple puzzles. I can't remember where to find the Destruction spheres... or use them in any of them.

Also, when should I head back to Besaid to avoid Bad Things? I know I said earlier to go when I reach the Calm Lands, but can I actually return all the way from there?

Seik

Banned
Getting it on Vita is not a good idea.

"Lets play for a few minutes in bed before I sleep"

*3 hours later*

Oops.

No regrets. God I'm tired.

Haha, that's precisely why I didn't buy it on Vita at first, AND I'm still sleeping late because of the game, it would just make the the whole thing even worse in my case. :p

Daymos

Still an awesome game! I preordered this last July just as a 'placeholder' for the limited edition and was actually slightly pissed when it shipped as I had forgotten about it.. but in putting it in I nearly teared-up a little on the title screen from what is surely one of the greatest pieces of video game music in history ('To Zanarkand', title theme). I played this back when it came out (huge FF fan here) and had completely forgotten how much the story meant to me. I wont be playing anything else for awhile.

matmanx1

Not having played FFX since it came out on the PS2 (and I didn't play it more than 10 hours then) I didn't have much hype for this release. I picked up a copy on the Vita thinking it would be a good way to kill some time when I was in the mood for a JRPG.

I'm now rethinking my entire opinion on FFX. After having played trope filled, anime inspired RPG's for the last several years on top of the FFXIII trilogy I am of the opinion that FFX stands head and shoulders above those and is like a breath of fresh air.

There's a lot of little things that make me think that and one big thing. That big thing is the characters. For the most part, they are believable and I can relate to them, unlike anyone in the past three FF games. They exhibit believable human emotions and, at least up to this point, I can understand their motivations. Oh, and I can't tell you how refreshing it is to play a JRPG that contains actual adults! I actually want to see what happens to them and how their journey plays out.

Is anyone still making JRPG's like this, or have the highschoolers and the anime tropes completely taken over the world? At any rate, I sure am glad this HD remake exists!

Levyne

Banned
Just beat the 2 Ronsos on Gagazet. Apparently I build my Kimahri like a tank, they barely tickled me, even though it took awhile to kill them. Snagged Mighty Guaard from one of theme.

Mr. RHC

So, probably against better judgement I decided to give this a second try for my walkthrough. Let's see how this'll turn out.

Tiamant

If S-E finally makes FFXII HD then they'll have to put Revenant Wings as well since Sony requires at least 2 games for a "HD Collection", right?

Arthea

I was so close! 8 balls 0 birds!

don't wanna rain on your parade, but last time (decade ago), I was telling myself this once in half an hour, and I remember that I heard it much more times than I wanted (><)

Not having played FFX since it came out ...

Is anyone still making JRPG's like this, or have the highschoolers and the anime tropes completely taken over the world? At any rate, I sure am glad this HD remake exists!

nobody makes games like this anymore... I'm not sure anybody even can, if they wanted.

Son Of D

If S-E finally makes FFXII HD then they'll have to put Revenant Wings as well since Sony requires at least 2 games for a "HD Collection", right?

There was the PSP version of Tactics they could port over. It's in the same world (Balthier even appears in WotL), PSP games have been remastered before and they have HD assets from the iOS version I believe.

That or SE will just offer original FFXII and IZJS as two different games, though that's doubtful.

Mendrox

Is there any way to buy FFX-2HD only on the Vita? Without buying from another person? If not, does anyone sell an europe code?

Top Bottom