• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Son Of D

lolwat. What's missable before the opening sequence? Spoiler tag it if you need to

I believe it's talking to the person hiding in the moogle suit when you have control of Rikku after the opening battles. EDIT: On Luca docks that is.

It's later revealed to be Yuna wearing that so she doesn't get seen when she's supposed to be on stage during the concert. Letting the moogle heal you gives you a bonus scene after the optional mission in Luca which adds to your %.

OmegaDL50

I believe it's talking to the person hiding in the moogle suit when you have control of Rikku after the opening battles.

It's later revealed to be Yuna wearing that so she doesn't get seen when she's supposed to be on stage during the concert. Letting the moogle heal you gives you a bonus scene after the optional mission in Luca which adds to your %.

The worst part about that one scene is that
it's required to get the Mascot dress sphere. Basically something so easily ignored in the beginning of the game can cause you miss out on one of the most powerful jobs in the game
, which is why it's such a major thing to miss.

Yes, Not sure how you missed 22 though. There's a small scene where you reunite with you party on a very small walkway. You have a clear view of the Primer and physically have to LITERALLY walk over it.

Dammit! I know what part you're talking about too and I searched that area! How did I miss it!? Ugh, there's that Al Bhed Primer synthesis thing that I don't fully know if I understand, but is it possible for me to load an old save file from a few hours back and rush to that area again and pick it up, then reload my main file and use the Al Bhed synthesizer thing to get it in my main file? I sometimes create a new save when I'm not confident I did everything in the current place I'm in, then end up never deleting them.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Dammit! I know what part you're talking about too and I searched that area! How did I miss it!? Ugh, there's that Al Bhed Primer synthesis thing that I don't fully know if I understand, but is it possible for me to load an old save file from a few hours back and rush to that area again and pick it up, then reload my main file and use the Al Bhed synthesizer thing to get it in my main file? I sometimes create a new save when I'm not confident I did everything in the current place I'm in, then end up never deleting them.
...Actually, that should work...

XJF

How do I recruit Nimrook? Says he has 24 game contract? Do I have to play 24 games before he becomes available?

Atlantis

This isn't even necessary just equipment with Deathproof or Zombieproof is more then enough.

Yunalesca casts Zombie on your entire party, but when you remove it she follows up with and All-party targeting death spell. These two attacks are what makes her so hard to begin with. Simply having equipment that negates both Death and Zombie status makes her pretty much harmless.

Even better, Candles of Life to customize Zombieproof can be stolen from the undead monks right before the boss.

Deathproof is unnecessary though. The boss has an attack pattern so you always know when Mega-Death is coming.

Arthea

How do I recruit Nimrook? Says he has 24 game contract? Do I have to play 24 games before he becomes available?

it doesn't work like that, they can renew their contracts indefinitely, you need loads of luck to get players your want, I think I never got Nimrook my first time, he is a goalie, no? As some other players too, the was this female player in parka of sorts (really fast one) that I wanted really bad, no luck with that one too. As some of the best Kilika players weren't available for me.

OMG I did it!!!!!! I beat the chocobo race! 8 hours! 15 balloons and like 3 birds

8 hours! That's some dedication, you totally deserve it, congratulations

Shahadan

Haha oh shit. I was grinding at the Bevelle spot, getting 8500 AP per battle, and doing so for like an hour and I was 100% SURE I had only Tidus Yuna and Wakka in my party. I don't know why, but now they're overpowered compared to the rest of the team and have basically finished their section of the grid :lol:
Oh well, I'm gonna spend some time leveling the others before leaving.

Seda

He has 24 games left on his contract with the Psyches, after which they may or may not resign him. You have to play 24 games to see what that team decides to do.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Or just use the Aurochs like a REAL MAN!
Been doing this and it's been going pretty ok so far. My team isn't overpowered, but I pretty much roll over every team but the Goers and Psyches now (because of Bickson and Nimrook). The upside is that the contract price for my whole team is probably less than the price for a single top tier charcter, haha.

RPGCrazied

Is there an open all chests trophy? There are those password chests at Home(where I am now) I didn't get, cause I had no idea what the pass was. I did get the Al Bhed primers though, the ones you can't go back and get.

I guess spoiler tag the passwords if you know them.

stay gold

OMG I did it!!!!!! I beat the chocobo race! 8 hours! 15 balloons and like 3 birds

Congrats.

I remember the first time I did this. Afterwards I didn't save and went off to to grind, encountered a dark marlboro which used bad breath and beserked & confused Tidus. He killed the party and himself and got a game over. I couldn't believe it :(

Flandy

Whatever you want.

On the Standard Sphere Grid, I suggest Tidus' path for a physical Kimahri and Steal/Use into Yuna's path for magic.

hrmm. I'm looking at
Rikkus path and hers seems to rarely have any empty nodes so I might take him there. You think that's good?

ramyeon

I like to send him down Rikku's path so I have someone else with Steal/Use mid-game. There's really no wrong choice, though.
Take him down Rikku's for a bit to get Steal/Use and then teleport over to Wakka's grid is best I think. Keeps him useable later in the game.

Sending him down Yuna's after Rikku's is good for awhile since he gets some high level stuff first but later on Yuna eclipses him as far as white magic goes and he becomes redundant.

ramyeon

Oh, I've been doing those, so I can get
Anima
!

Know whats in those password chests? Spheres?
Yep, stuff like Friend Spheres, Special Spheres and whatnot. Worth getting imo, if you've been getting all the primers up until that point you can understand 98% of the Al Bhed used in the questions.

Atlantis

Take him down Rikku's for a bit to get Steal/Use and then teleport over to Wakka's grid is best I think. Keeps him useable later in the game.

Sending him down Yuna's after Rikku's is good for awhile since he gets some high level stuff first but later on Yuna eclipses him as far as white magic goes and he becomes redundant.

White Magic is all single-target so it's not really redundant. His advantage in Sphere Levels makes him a great candidate for Black Magic through spheres or teleporting as well.

Tidus' grid only gives you one (!) less Strength than Wakka's grid and his skills are great instead of semi-useless.

XJF

Need a better Blitz team. Right now I have Tidus, Wakka, Brother, and Jumal. Anyone else that would help out. Trying to get Wakka's OD's. I've played absolutely none since mandatory game

ramyeon

White Magic is all single-target so it's not really redundant. His advantage in Sphere Levels makes him a great candidate for Black Magic through spheres or teleporting as well.

Tidus' grid only gives you one (!) less Strength than Wakka's grid and his skills are great instead of semi-useless.
It kind of is, I can't really think of any time I've had two of the three members of my active party be healers at any given time.

Yeah, Tidus' grid is also an option to consider. That's probably gonna be what I end up doing. Tidus is almost at the end of his grid so I'll use the Friend Sphere (Don't have Teleport Spheres yet) to put him at the very end of it and work backwards.

Top Bottom