• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

pix

mortalray.png

Rawk Hawk

Mailman 007 said:
Grahf: pix and i are doing BCNM40 sometime if you want to come, drops peacock charm which is like 1.6mil

Grahf, Pix and Vanas doing BCNM's? Oh I can't wait to read the LS chat during this.

B.K.

Rawk Hawk said:
Grahf, Pix and Vanas doing BCNM's? Oh I can't wait to read the LS chat during this.

Nothing good will come from it! I don't know if I can do a BCNM. The only job I have at 40 is a Warrior.

B.K.

Mailman 007 said:
Grahf: pix and i are doing BCNM40 sometime if you want to come, drops peacock charm which is like 1.6mil

Did you do the BCNM last night? Sorry I missed it. Apparently, there was a building collapse around 2:30 yesterday that cut some fiber optic cables and my internet went down. The phone company said it would take two hours to fix, but it was still out when I went to bed last night.

Azura

Does the Linkshell have a website with a list of events?

And it was nice meeting all of you last night.

I transferred my main over, and had to change my characters name, its dumb but i was kinda sad i had to change it, i've had that name for like 7 years.

B.K.

I hate the Magicite mission. I've spent the last six hours on it. I was almost finished with it. I was at the door in Castle Oztroja that I have to light the torch to unlock and some Yagudos started attacking me. I couldn't beat them, so I ran away and couldn't escape. Have to go through that whole area all over again.

B.K. said:
I hate the Magicite mission. I've spent the last six hours on it. I was almost finished with it. I was at the door in Castle Oztroja that I have to light the torch to unlock and some Yagudos started attacking me. I couldn't beat them, so I ran away and couldn't escape. Have to go through that whole area all over again.

Soloing that is hard. I got help when I did it. There are too many true sight NMs for my taste, plus not having maps at that point sucked. Did you wind up finishing it later though?

B.K.

pancakesandsex said:
Soloing that is hard. I got help when I did it. There are too many true sight NMs for my taste, plus not having maps at that point sucked. Did you wind up finishing it later though?

Yeah. I finally got through it. Now I need to find people to do 5-1 and 5-2 with.

Tabris

B.K. said:
Yeah. I finally got through it. Now I need to find people to do 5-1 and 5-2 with.

For 5-1, you can do with 2 monks (or if you are a MNK, then just 1 more MNK). To be safe you can have healers... otherwise they just go in and 100 fist.

For 5-2, any level 75 can beat easily.

Ravidrath

The last few updates have been a little underwhelming, but this next one seems like it'll be 200% the opposite.

Level cap increase, Abyssea, more Magians, Walk of Echoes, Missions... just insane and overwhelming.

I have no idea how I'm going to pick which job(s) to prioritize, either... guessing I'll try to maximize the usage of my Morrigan's set by focusing on RDM/BLM/BLU to start, but I think my LS will want me to work on SCH because Reposega is going to be very useful.

B.K.

Tabris said:
For 5-1, you can do with 2 monks (or if you are a MNK, then just 1 more MNK). To be safe you can have healers... otherwise they just go in and 100 fist.

For 5-2, any level 75 can beat easily.

I think Vanas (don't know what his name is here) and I are going to get a couple of the Linkshell guys and do them sometime today or tonight.

Nakazato said:
custom color armor ?? would love to be a thf dress in all purple and black :lol

but i would have to go back to ffxi.

That's probably the new ranger AF armor.

What weapon is the guy in the denali outfit holding?

demigod

pancakesandsex said:
That's probably the new ranger AF armor.

What weapon is the guy in the denali outfit holding?

Those aren't new AF, they are reskinned. The white one looks like haub, the pink armor is some lowbie armor recolored. That other one looks like a yagudo denali. Oh and a purple Goliard.

demigod said:
Those aren't new AF, they are reskinned. The white one looks like haub, the pink armor is some lowbie armor recolored. That other one looks like a yagudo denali. Oh and a purple Goliard.

The plumage on the RNG hat made me think it was the AF.

Teknoman

Nakazato said:
Tek I want new Stars of destiny vids

We havent really done much recordable stuff in awhile. At least I havent been in on it :lol

Beat up Ultima but couldnt get a good angle. We'll see for Bastok missions.

Deku

Banned
Nakazato said:
custom color armor ?? would love to be a thf dress in all purple and black :lol

but i would have to go back to ffxi.

I believe,or think those are AF3 the third tier of armor after Artifact lvl 50-60 and Relic 70-75

But we really don't know the full extent of Abyssea as there are 3 expansions. Could be 1 set of armor per upgrade all the way to 99.

But the general idea is each job will get NEW job specific gear.

Also note the SE took their time to show someone wearing Usukane Haramaki [Body] (Salvage) uber gear. Which pretty much hints strongly at Magian Trial for uber armors to keep the current elite 75 gear 'growing' and relevant. As they had promised.

j7z1p0.jpg

Elvaan Mnk(?) upper right corner next to the Taru in Purple Goliard type gear.

Teknoman

How is Pashow Marshlands sunny two days in a row?

Anyway, gotta get help on killing ZNM Cheese Hoarder Gigaroon and maybe my sword WSNM this week.

Info:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Cheese_Hoarder_Gigiroon
Cheese_Hoarder_Gigiroon.PNG

# Spawned by trading the item Rodent Cheese to the ??? located in the hallway of E/F-8/9 on the Main map of Alzadaal Undersea Ruins.
# Approximately 15000~ HP.
# Immune to Poison, Gravity, Sleep and Bind.
# Susceptible to Shadowbind, Stun and Paralyze.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Old_Wounds

Shouta

Cheese hoarder is funny because if no one's around to steal your kills, you can just duo PUP it without it every running away from you.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
B.K. said:
Has anyone bought any marbles for the Mog Bonanza or are those a waste of money?

It's not that much money (only 20,000 to buy 10 marbles). Chances of winning are slim, but I buy 10 marbles. Prizes are potentially awesome. Even if you only if you get the low level prizes they're near statue furnishings for Mog House.

jiggle

B.K. said:
Has anyone bought any marbles for the Mog Bonanza or are those a waste of money?

waste of money when u don't win nut'n
but the potential windfall is way worth it

just remember to make sure the last digit of all 10 marbles are different
giving u a 100% chance of rank5 win, 10% rank4, 1% rank3 etc etc

Deku

Banned
i won a star sapphire on a random moogle picked number.

all my hand picked ones bombed. statistically, no benefit to picking them yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom