• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
update. I called the playonline support line, and they did the registration for me, and took my credit card!

Now I realize that this is ONE HUGE GAME, but after a 1 hour check of the dat files, Im treated with an 8 HOUR UPDATE.

How old is this this ultimate collection? 8 hours!?!?!?

christ!

hgplayer1

Jea Song said:
update. I called the playonline support line, and they did the registration for me, and took my credit card!

Now I realize that this is ONE HUGE GAME, but after a 1 hour check of the dat files, Im treated with an 8 HOUR UPDATE.

christ!

Thats a whole lot of fun being updated there.

Rawk Hawk

Jea Song said:

christ!

Think of it more like a prep for the enjoyments of waiting in your MH for a party invite.

Coldsnap

I've always wondered this but I'm sure it will never be answered:

Was there ever any word on what was going on with those horrible denial of service attacks on Final Fantasy XI around 2005? Who was doing it? Why? I remember back then you would only be able to connect like 3x a week because most days the Final Fantasy XI servers were not working.

Rawk Hawk

hgplayer1 said:
Would love to but I probably wont be home from work until around 8 p.m. EST.

That should give you plenty of time to farm a Prelate key! :D
Farm Key? No thanks. Check out wiki, you can get the mobs to open the door for you, much easier.

8pm should work for me, I will likely still be on. If you are interested let me know when you log on, should have enough time to get out there and finish up the mission tonight.

Mailman 007 said:
Rawkhawk is a horrible puller.
That is all.
Obv.

hgplayer1

Rawk Hawk said:
Farm Key? No thanks. Check out wiki, you can get the mobs to open the door for you, much easier.

8pm should work for me, I will likely still be on. If you are interested let me know when you log on, should have enough time to get out there and finish up the mission tonight.

Obv.

If youre online Ill be ready to go once I log in. I got the cutscene to end the last mission last night so Ill just need to trade some crystals and get whatever cutscenes to start 8-2 then I can be at the temple pretty quickly.

As long as I can stay awake I should be good :lol

Mailman 007

Neo Member
WTF:
2en18ol.png

2duw2gp.png

Ravidrath

Thinking I'm going to start working on a Magian weapon for my BLU. Planning on going for the higher damage Occ. Attacks Twice one.

So, there are a lot of theories going around that we'll be able to merge multiple weapons. I believe the dev team even said somewhere they were "considering it" via the Magian or Synergy. They've also said that we'll be able to upgrade our "most precious possessions" using Trials of the Magians.

If you look at the list of end result weapons, all are Ex except for 3 Rare/EX weapons. My guess is that "most precious" means we'll be able to upgrade Rare/EX items by stacking the bonuses from EX ones.

That would mean that the high damage and two OAT weapons are to serve as a "base," and the others are the modifiers. It would then follow that we'll be able to use any Rare/EX item as a base, much like we can upgrade Relics and Mythics now.

Alright I'm trying to get back but I can't freakin' play the game.

I keep getting POL 1160 and POL 0033 server errors when logging in to POL...tried restarting my router a few times and restoring to factory defaults...I've never had to do any port forwarding for FFXI in the past so I'm not sure what the hell is up. Perhaps my router is on the fritz.

I wanna play! ;_; Anyone ever have a similar problem?

Forbiden

Pai Pai Master said:
Alright I'm trying to get back but I can't freakin' play the game.

I keep getting POL 1160 and POL 0033 server errors when logging in to POL...tried restarting my router a few times and restoring to factory defaults...I've never had to do any port forwarding for FFXI in the past so I'm not sure what the hell is up. Perhaps my router is on the fritz.

I wanna play! ;_; Anyone ever have a similar problem?

Try connecting directly to the modem and/or disabling your firewall if you have it up. Usually that fixes those types of errors.

Yeah, I've forwarded the ports, disabled both linksys and windows firewalls.

What's annoying is that I have to restart my router every time. Then it works. After a few minutes though, if I try to log in again I'll get the 0033 error.

pix

Tabris said:
Actually nevermind, looking at it again that's obviousely your WS build.

Not sure if you were saying something about my gear... then ninja edited your post.

But if you did, I just hit 75 on this character like 4 days ago, and I just came back from a 3 year break... so yeah, my gear blows, carry on.

3 Trials left after this one.

14iefk4.png

Tabris

...I can totally understand not having the gil or the items yet from events because you just hit 75. What you should do though is deal with the things you can control:

1) Walraha Turban! 100% neccessary (Askar head sucks and Ace's helm is debateable imo)
2) Dusk Gloves (and create a macro to swap it out when not fighting due to movement) unless those barones are actually the augmented haste+3% one's.
3) TP Rings should be ACC rings unless you got Rajas or possibly Ulth. If you don't got the gil, buy cheap woodman rings to start.
4) Bomb Core at the minimum but when you get some gil Fire Bomblet.
5) Get headlong belt until you can do Swift Belt (which will be EXTREMELY easy in June)

Basically think of it like this, your first priority is haste no matter what. Then on WS, you swap all that haste gear for ACC/STR gear (technically depends on WS but let's start with the above). You use windower so it's easy to create scripts to swap all your gear.

Once you can do this, then we can talk about /SAM vs /NIN and storetp gear but the above is a good start when you can if you want to be a good WAR.

Oh, and you can get the gil by selling those 1h axes as you'll never use those again.

Priority items you want to try and get through linkshell events (or to buy off linkshells that do those events):

1) Byakko's Haidate - Best item in the game within reasonable range.
2) Aurum Sabatons - A lot of people will debate that Dusk+1 is better but this is a much cheaper alternative and fairly easy to get through ZNM's.

EDIT: I just noticed it...lol basically like that guy that's infront of you in the screenshot. You can basically see the difference right in that screenshot, that Haydin guy hits the mob after you then hits it again before you hit it again.

demigod

Tabris said:
Actually nevermind, looking at it again that's obviousely your WS build.

Wow, I thought you were talking about Ravidrath. You SERIOUSLY looked at pix's gear and tried to talk shit about it? Good thing you edited your post or you would've made a huge fool out of yourself like before. BG is -----> way.

Damn pix, you're rich, I don't even have HQ staves!

pix

Tabris said:
...I can totally understand not having the gil or the items yet from events because you just hit 75. What you should do though is deal with the things you can control:

1) Walraha Turban! 100% neccessary (Askar head sucks and Ace's helm is debateable imo)
2) Dusk Gloves (and create a macro to swap it out when not fighting due to movement) unless those barones are actually the augmented haste+3% one's.
3) TP Rings should be ACC rings unless you got Rajas or possibly Ulth. If you don't got the gil, buy cheap woodman rings to start.
4) Bomb Core at the minimum but when you get some gil Fire Bomblet.
5) Get headlong belt until you can do Swift Belt (which will be EXTREMELY easy in June)

Basically think of it like this, your first priority is haste no matter what. Then on WS, you swap all that haste gear for ACC/STR gear (technically depends on WS but let's start with the above). You use windower so it's easy to create scripts to swap all your gear.

Once you can do this, then we can talk about /SAM vs /NIN and storetp gear but the above is a good start when you can if you want to be a good WAR.

Oh, and you can get the gil by selling those 1h axes as you'll never use those again.

Priority items you want to try and get through linkshell events (or to buy off linkshells that do those events):

1) Byakko's Haidate - Best item in the game within reasonable range.
2) Aurum Sabatons - A lot of people will debate that Dusk+1 is better but this is a much cheaper alternative and fairly easy to get through ZNM's.

EDIT: I just noticed it...lol basically like that guy that's infront of you in the screenshot. You can basically see the difference right in that screenshot, that Haydin guy hits the mob after you then hits it again before you hit it again.

Dude lol I know what I need to get.

1) Walraha Turban! - Cant get because everytime I have checked he is being held prisoner.

2) Dusk Gloves - Got them just not wearing them atm. They are in my TP macro.
3) TP Rings - Also got just not wearing...
4) Bomb Core - Also got...
5) Get headlong belt - working on it.

Im keeping my axes because I have BST at 75... also BLM is 75...

Rawk Hawk

demigod said:
Wow, I thought you were talking about Ravidrath. You SERIOUSLY looked at pix's gear and tried to talk shit about it? Good thing you edited your post or you would've made a huge fool out of yourself like before. BG is -----> way.

Damn pix, you're rich, I don't even have HQ staves!

In time we will all have HQ staves! WW 96.2! Free HQ staves for everyone! (who buys materials for me to make them...)

B.K.

How do I get to East Ronfaure ?

Jugner_Forest_S-Navigation.png

I'm at the southern entrace to Vunkerl Inlet. I don't see a way to get up there to the entrance to Ronfaure. The river cuts the red path in half and I don't see a way to get back across it.

B.K. said:
How do I get to East Ronfaure ?

Jugner_Forest_S-Navigation.png

I'm at the southern entrace to Vunkerl Inlet. I don't see a way to get up there to the entrance to Ronfaure. The river cuts the red path in half and I don't see a way to get back across it.

That's the most annoying one, you have to go back and forth from Jugner to Vunkerl Inlet a few times. So you go Jugner --> Vunkerl --> Jugner --> Vunkerl -->Jugner --> East Ron.

Rawk Hawk

Thanks to demigod, Hg and I got rank 10 this weekend.

Next on my catch up list is ToAU, anyone not finished with it that's interesting in going through it? I'm currently on Black Coffin, but can help people catch up to this point if they need.

I know we're doing some CoP runs for members so I may hold off on this for a little bit, but just seeing where everyone is and if they are interested in rushing through the ToAU story line.

Rawk Hawk said:
Thanks to demigod, Hg and I got rank 10 this weekend.

Next on my catch up list is ToAU, anyone not finished with it that's interesting in going through it? I'm currently on Black Coffin, but can help people catch up to this point if they need.

I know we're doing some CoP runs for members so I may hold off on this for a little bit, but just seeing where everyone is and if they are interested in rushing through the ToAU story line.

I'm kinda interested, but not till after CoP. Could also use rank 10.

Rawk Hawk

Azura said:
I'm new to the server, who could i ask for a pearl, i missplaced the list of ls sack holders.

Thanks!

Azura if no one gets you one before 5pm ET today I can. What's your FFXI name, I will send you a tell when I log on after work.

Pan: Yea I think maybe completing CoP should be first, sea access would be very nice. As for rank 10, at some point I'd like to complete Windy/Bastok's story lines.. but with all my outposts on Sandy, I want to do them within a week and change back.. Maybe once CoP is done we can set something like that up for those who are interested.

Rawk Hawk

demigod said:
Get your new Anniversary rings and Dinner jacket/hose before May 25th!

Hurray! Inventory -2! Now if only there was something coming up to give me even more -inv.. like -10 or something big.

Oh hey, lotto!

B.K.

I'm tired of being poor. What are some good ways to make money at level 48?

Edit: Can you get more than one Anniversary Ring from the Adventurer's Appreciation event? They have ten charges each. I'd like to get one to use to level a few of my level 1 jobs and then get another to keep to use on my main job later.

B.K. said:
I'm tired of being poor. What are some good ways to make money at level 48?

Edit: Can you get more than one Anniversary Ring from the Adventurer's Appreciation event? They have ten charges each. I'd like to get one to use to level a few of my level 1 jobs and then get another to keep to use on my main job later.

Nope:/

Farm / BCNM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom