• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailman 007

Neo Member
My first Dynamis was tonight, got it cleared!

kbueww.png

Teknoman

Whoa:

Chains_of_Promathia_Areas_Unfettered%21_%2805-24-2010%29-1.jpg

The next version update will usher in a change of Twilight God proportions with the lifting of level restrictions in Chains of Promathia areas. Tweaks bound to further enhance your adventuring experience in these areas are also in the works.

The upcoming version update will see the lifting of level restrictions in Chains of Promathia areas. In light of the planned level cap increase, the level and distribution of enemies in certain Promathia areas will also be adjusted to pose a worthy challenge to players level 75 and beyond. A journey of rediscovery to your favorite areas of old awaits!

Chains_of_Promathia_Areas_Unfettered%21_%2805-24-2010%29-2.jpg

Level restrictions will be lifted in the areas below:

Pso'Xja / Promyvion - Holla / Promyvion - Dem / Promyvion - Mea / Promyvion - Vahzl / Phomiuna Aqueducts / Sacrarium / Riverne - Site #B01 / Riverne - Site #A01

Promathia Missions
Level restrictions imposed upon mission battlefields will also be lifted, making the Chains of Promathia missions more accessible than ever before. Adventurers who have yet to delve into the dark secrets of the Twilight God may now proceed with easier hearts!

* No changes are being planned for the storyline or mission progression. Level restrictions will remain in effect for ENM quests.

*Paging Pancakes* Also Radiant Breath here I come.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
pancakesandsex said:
Naw, I think he was eaten by wolves and pup envy. Come back siiiiiix.
Defeated by technical difficulties and 19/7 work weeks, but mostly technical difficulties. Haven't quit unless you count ragelogging after DC'ing before my character even loaded in for an hour straight.
Just got a Droid. Gonna try tethering that and see how it goes when I have time, lol.

Teknoman said:
On the bright side, now we'll be able to fight monsters that we only encountered like...once or twice.

This. I don't care that thousands of pussies get easy-win on CoP now. I'm gonna spend my sweet time taking in all that content that was created and ignored because of poor game design decisions.

Also finally get my fucking swift belt and knightly earring.

TAJ said:
Defeated by technical difficulties and 19/7 work weeks, but mostly technical difficulties. Haven't quit unless you count ragelogging after DC'ing before my character even loaded in for an hour straight.
Just got a Droid. Gonna try tethering that and see how it goes when I have time, lol.

Yay you're alive!

Xux

w00t, I can finally go to Lufaise without all of the people I usually leech off of laughing at me for thinking they'd be will to go through CoP again.

While some will be annoyed, and CoP was often seen as 'right of passage' or whatever for us FFXI fans. I'm personally not too worried if its made easier for those that haven't done it yet.

As long as I've had mine done for years, got to 'enjoy' it the original way, I'm happy, if making it easier makes other people happy now too whats the harm?

Right now I'm depressed because I'm a SMN but can't get the 2 new avatar things because I haven't finished the TOAU missions and can't get help with them. :( So if they ever made those easier (uncapped, or like anyone can help with the fights) then I'd be over the moon.

So if I relate my current pain to someone trying to get CoP done then I'm all for his or her sorrow easing!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
hgplayer1 said:
Mobs will be adjusted for the cap removal right?

Or will these mobs be too easy now?

They say they will be adjusted for 75, but barring some huge buffs for the mobs, endgame players and gear will tear through the entire place.

Teknoman

Heh i'd go sweep through CoP with ANYONE now. Pick up groups, whatever. It'll be challenging yet not mind busting levels of challenge.

Oh yeah, recent screenshots...and in honor of the june update:

Dusk and dawn

54vm2h.png

30uq.png

11kdnkk.png

qqvfk7.png

whiadv.png

iydf7l.png

Tabris

For those hoping to use this to get your swift belts and soboro's. Note, they are increasing the levels of the monsters in these zones (for level 75+ exping as these will be the zones to go from 75 to 80 apparently). Nothing to say they won't be increasing the level of the NM's in these zones also, so you may want to consider doing it before.

If you're hume or have a hume friend, swift belt is easy. Just need 2 additional friends, a red mage, ninja and some kind of dd is all that's needed to beat Balor. You can farm hate outside of sacranium using the fomor towers.

Tabris

Most of the synergy gear sucks unless you want to make specific gear for specific purposes (i.e. a "bird set" for colibri)

It does look damn cool though. If I had the gil I would buy it just for the look.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Teknoman said:
I forget, but most of the guy's stuff had to do with evoliths...which I kinda want to get into, just for that white/blue sword :lol

EDIT:

...whats with the majority of blue mage equippable stuff not have physical attack stat ups?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ebon-Ebur-Furia_Frock_Set

I know Blue Mages are versatile, but we use dex/str based spells most of the time.

The weapons are from items dropped of the pain in the butt formor NM''s in past

Teknoman

This looks pretty nice for an off hand sword:

Koggelmander.gif

Name:
Tanihwa (NM)

Voucher
Maze Voucher 07
"Liquidation Team"

Required Rune(s)
Maze Rune 005 "Lizard"
Maze Rune 013 "Great Warrior"
Maze Rune 094 "Lost and Found"

Need to get back into MMM :lol Especially with most of us being 75 or near 75.

jiggle

BLU friend of mine quit FFXI over that sword
killed the NM numerous times with no drop and ppl got sick of helping :lol

Ravidrath

Teknoman said:
This looks pretty nice for an off hand sword:

Koggelmander.gif

Name:
Tanihwa (NM)

Voucher
Maze Voucher 07
"Liquidation Team"

Required Rune(s)
Maze Rune 005 "Lizard"
Maze Rune 013 "Great Warrior"
Maze Rune 094 "Lost and Found"

Need to get back into MMM :lol Especially with most of us being 75 or near 75.

It's the best offhand BLU sword.

I lucked out and got it on my first run, before CC points. But it's not that hard to get with full CC Points - you have two chances to get it. The first chance is low, and the second is 6X that. Furthermore, only you can get it from the second chest... if that's a good or a bad thing depends on who you're grouping with and if you want it.

My MMM group had several end up on the ground or with people that didn't want them because the guy opening the chest already had it. Shitty breaks, but it gives an indication of how good the drop chances are now, I think - I think every week we got at least one.

The Mamool Ja Earring you get from the same NM is also fantastic. Not only is it one of two MND +3 earrings in the game for RDMs and the like, it also has 30 charges of RR3 for everyone else. I believe the RR from it, however, counts as "spell" RR not "item" RR, meaning it'll get wiped when entering most BCs... probably just an oversight.

Evolith in general just seems totally misguided. All of the effects are the sort of things people don't want to customize, unless they're planning on adding some actually good ones that come from new, super-hard NMs. I was pretty excited about getting a Concordia when I saw it and read about the Evolith system, but since there's nothing good to actually slot into it...

The Ginhaku Togi set seems very good for PUP, at least? I think there are probably good pieces for MNK, too? Like... MNK that aren't to endgame stuff yet, of course.

Teknoman

Tabris said:
Kogglemander is hard to get FYI, so expect a lot of MMM.

I would just make an oat antea instead if I were you.

i'll keep that in mind too, just looking at alot of weapons to go after. Putting the synergy stuff behind me until they improve the evolith system.

Also this:

spiraVNMv092.jpg

Are tier 3 considered HNM? If not, I think we could clear a path up until black abyssite. Seems alot easier since you just use a key item to pop monsters.

Rawk Hawk

Teknoman said:
i'll keep that in mind too, just looking at alot of weapons to go after. Putting the synergy stuff behind me until they improve the evolith system.

Also this:

Are tier 3 considered HNM? If not, I think we could clear a path up until black abyssite. Seems alot easier since you just use a key item to pop monsters.

I'd love to get a Marching Belt (undead path), I have cleared tier 1 with mine.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Teknoman said:

General rule is if you get a title, it's a HNM. Though it's worth noting that VNM tier 3 and 4 do not always give title.

Teknoman

Tabris said:
Those level 3's require more than 6, more like 12+, unless you're extremely pimp.

Oh, we could cover that no problem. Really want to take down tier IV, just for the sake of fighting a big dragon :lol

The rings are nice too.

Tabris

Teknoman said:
Oh, we could cover that no problem. Really want to take down tier IV, just for the sake of fighting a big dragon :lol

The rings are nice too.

Dragon requires 18 with solid players and correct setup (non-DD build, manaburn style with 2-3 DD's to skillchain and 2 Paladin's to swap tanking)

Rawk Hawk

This VNM stuff has always made me wonder.. Tier 4 can pop in any zone.. How hilarious would it be to have the key item and rest mid exp party and pop him.

I'm just waiting for it to happen, every now and then I rest and see a VNM is in the area when I'm not trying to hunt one. So I can only assume sooner or later I'm going to get killed from it.

Rawk Hawk said:
This VNM stuff has always made me wonder.. Tier 4 can pop in any zone.. How hilarious would it be to have the key item and rest mid exp party and pop him.

I'm just waiting for it to happen, every now and then I rest and see a VNM is in the area when I'm not trying to hunt one. So I can only assume sooner or later I'm going to get killed from it.

I think the odds are really low since you need to rest like right on top of them, you can't be level synced, AND they move.

Jonnyram

DrForester said:
I hate that, I worked my butt off in COP, now people have it handed to them.
It's been a long time coming.
Remember that summon battles were once hard, whereas people now solo them.
Or the really good times, like doing the Magicite mission with lv50 cap before sneak/invis were added :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Jonnyram said:
Or the really good times, like doing the Magicite mission with lv50 cap before sneak/invis were added :p

That was because people got better at them and learned more things about the jobs available. Only thing they did for them was make the lvl 20 solo fights, which are still a pretty big pain for most Summoners.

Teknoman

Jonnyram said:

There was a time when sneak/invis wasnt in game?

Deku

Banned
Jonnyram said:

COP battles already were reduced in difficulty sometime in 2008(?) and exp loss was taken out (IIRC). They also added EXP bonuses in several of the later fights as small incentives for helpers.

The biggest change was the meds.

When I did it, CCB Polymer for the Airship fight averages 100-150k gil per unit, Hi-Ether/Hi-Potion tanks were 100-250k per tank. Assaults and Treasures of Aht Urghan changed all of that. So Meds are pretty much a non issue for most people doing CoP today

*SE did noted level caps will remain for the fights.

Oh Kogglemander, if you have the dedication go for it I guess. I honestly suggest just getting the fire/thunder Magian sword, 200x easier and just about on par with Koggle.

Tabris

Back then a Scorpion Harness also cost 8 million ... I'm not talking the +1, that was 20 million. Inflation made everything insane and unless you did any of the get rich schemes (fish botted those rusty caps or got 100 craft quick) than it was a struggle to get anything back then.

Tabris

B.K. said:
Back then? It's still hard to get money.

At least now you can do quests and such starting off and that gil is worth something.

Think about the gil you get from doing the rank ups for missions. 200k+ is pretty big now. When I did them, 200k was enough to buy you a stack of food.

That reminds me, I still got Windurst I can do.

Teknoman

Nothing dropped for me on Cheesehoarder, but now I know its an easy fight with a kiter, healer+barfira, and the rest casters. First kill dropped the sword, its 100% drop, and Armadillo Cuisses. My spawn dropped the cape and 3 earth crystals, last guy's spawn only dropped cape.

Kandinsky

Shouta said:
Exaggeration, really. Unless it was meds AND food.
Idk i remember buying pies+1 for 170k and wizard cookies for 120k, but at the same time i sold shit for x1000 (rember those assault earrings when toau launched? lol) its current price so i dont complain :lol

Rawk Hawk

Kandinsky said:
Idk i remember buying pies+1 for 170k and wizard cookies for 120k, but at the same time i sold shit for x1000 (rember those assault earrings when toau launched? lol) its current price so i dont complain :lol

Back when I got my Haubergeon for 10m, I was easily paying 100k+ for sole sushi, can't remeber the most I paid for a stack of +1's though, didn't buy +1 too often. Just different times, gil was easily farmed and made.

Tek: Nice vid.

demigod

Deku said:
*SE did noted level caps will remain for the fights.

They are removing the lvl caps on the missions. You can go in as lvl 75 and solo most of it.

Even tho I'm done with CoP, I welcome the change. It'll be much easier to help new people out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom