• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravidrath

Aurore gear is, in fact, completely mocking everyone. Pretty sure O. Hat was the same way, making something ugly to capitalize on a popular gear-stacking trend.

Did some more Abyssea today... mostly farmed cruor and Gigas NM pop items, so we can start working on the story.

Also, to all the BLUs... Apparently Mavi Scarf has been found! Fish up the NM Nahn in La Theine's H-7 pond, and kill him. Warning, though - he apparently has Floodga.

FUCK I underestimated the stupidity of people.

Put my 2 Perle pieces up on the AH for 800k each thinking prices would start dropping soon.

Hands are 1.35 million now and legs are back up to 1m. :lol

hteng

Banned
Ravidrath said:
Aurore gear is, in fact, completely mocking everyone. Pretty sure O. Hat was the same way, making something ugly to capitalize on a popular gear-stacking trend.

Did some more Abyssea today... mostly farmed cruor and Gigas NM pop items, so we can start working on the story.

Also, to all the BLUs... Apparently Mavi Scarf has been found! Fish up the NM Nahn in La Theine's H-7 pond, and kill him. Warning, though - he apparently has Floodga.

are you still in pandy? it was merge to asura, so that means you're in asura right? i'm looking for some shell to join

Kandinsky said:
Well is the same stupidity that just got you 1.6m, i still cant believe people are paying for those pieces:lol

Damn, that's so tempting.

Hahaha from the ffxiah:

"Oh darn, it seems I accidentally threw my Noct set in with my Baron's Saio set when I did the laundry...

Eh... No one will notice."

Kandinsky said:
You should definitely sell imo.

I've already thrown my dusk gloves and ledelsens on the AH, I HATE the movement speed reduction, but I could part with the hat for a bit. Seems the price on the brais is starting to tank. Hopefully I can make a quick 1.5m on the froofy hat I still carry alternatives to.

Rawk Hawk

pancakesandsex said:
I've already thrown my dusk gloves and ledelsens on the AH, I HATE the movement speed reduction, but I could part with the hat for a bit. Seems the price on the brais is starting to tank. Hopefully I can make a quick 1.5m on the froofy hat I still carry alternatives to.

I would think Dusk Gloves would win there, for your TP set. I don't ever run around in mine thanks to spellcast. Auto-equips when I engage, and takes off when I disengage. Gear haste caps at 25% though, although I believe you need 26% to hit the true cap, not sure what your haste set looks like, maybe you are at cap, but if not I would suggest pulling the Dusk Gloves off AH and using them for TP gain until you can cap haste with other gear.

EDIT: There are plenty of camparisons on Askar Helm verse Walahra Turban showing Turban's 1% haste is still much better than the added stats on Askar's, check out BG or something for info on it.

Rawk Hawk said:
I would think Dusk Gloves would win there, for your TP set. I don't ever run around in mine thanks to spellcast. Auto-equips when I engage, and takes off when I disengage. Gear haste caps at 25% though, although I believe you need 26% to hit the true cap, not sure what your haste set looks like, maybe you are at cap, but if not I would suggest pulling the Dusk Gloves off AH and using them for TP gain until you can cap haste with other gear.

EDIT: There are plenty of camparisons on Askar Helm verse Walahra Turban showing Turban's 1% haste is still much better than the added stats on Askar's, check out BG or something for info on it.

I still don't use spellcast, haven't bothered with it. When my aurore set is complete I will have....

4% on aurore beret
2% on aurore gloves
3% on aurore brais
2% on aurore gaiters
4% on swift belt
for 15% total

I can go 16% in the turban or 20% in the turban + raparre harness, all with no movement speed decrease, so I can pull then engage in the same set, and only swap for WS. That's what I was looking for, since sometimes I forget to swap :p I could add another 1% with the shadowlord neckpiece, although a peacock charm/specs is probably a better idea for me since I'm trying to hit the monster not keep him cool.

If I wear the full set, I get store TP +8 as well, which SOUNDS good at least. I have to see what it gives me in practice.

Edit:
Jesus, I'm looking up other haste gear possibilities and I just saw the bullwhip belt. 7% haste belt with a bunch of negative elements and -75hp. Crazy.

Rawk Hawk

pancakesandsex said:
I still don't use spellcast, haven't bothered with it. When my aurore set is complete I will have....

4% on aurore beret
2% on aurore gloves
3% on aurore brais
2% on aurore gaiters
4% on swift belt
for 15% total

I can go 16% in the turban or 20% in the turban + raparre harness, all with no movement speed decrease, so I can pull then engage in the same set, and only swap for WS. That's what I was looking for, since sometimes I forget to swap :p I could add another 1% with the shadowlord neckpiece, although a peacock charm/specs is probably a better idea for me since I'm trying to hit the monster not keep him cool.

If I wear the full set, I get store TP +8 as well, which SOUNDS good at least. I have to see what it gives me in practice.

Edit:
Jesus, I'm looking up other haste gear possibilities and I just saw the bullwhip belt. 7% haste belt with a bunch of negative elements and -75hp. Crazy.

Too each their own I suppose, yea bullwhip is awesome. Keep in mind -ele only reduces your magic evasion, not the DMG received. You have a smaller chance of resisting the spells, but when facing an IT casting firaga 3, chances are you aren't going to resist anyway. So you'll take full DMG from most magic spells with that belt.

I hate to see you sell off Dusk though, hell make a macro after the fight that's just /equip hands, and then another with /equip hands "Dusk Gloves" to use once engaged. More to remember, more gear to carry around, but it would be better for your overall DMG output.

Rawk Hawk said:
Too each their own I suppose, yea bullwhip is awesome. Keep in mind -ele only reduces your magic evasion, not the DMG received. You have a smaller chance of resisting the spells, but when facing an IT casting firaga 3, chances are you aren't going to resist anyway. So you'll take full DMG from most magic spells with that belt.

I hate to see you sell off Dusk though, hell make a macro after the fight that's just /equip hands, and then another with /equip hands "Dusk Gloves" to use once engaged. More to remember, more gear to carry around, but it would be better for your overall DMG output.

I just checked the AH and the gloves actually sold already so I'm locked in on those I guess (although the price is dropping rapidly.) I can afford a tiercel now though to make up for it and just use more sushi for accuracy I guess. Maxed dagger merits so so maybe I can afford the accuracy hit. I don't think I've been whiffing much. Been pining for a peacock charm though. I want to have no more than 2 sets of thf gear on me, with some odd pieces here and there for ranged accuracy, steal, and mug when needed, and this set is a huge step in that direction.

Shouta

Rawk Hawk said:

Pretty sure that unless you're capping yourself, that Askar has an advantage over Walahra. If you are getting capped though, the extra haste will help.

BG and the general number-whoring in the community is both interesting/helpful and infuriating/amusing. Sometimes they get it on the nose but other times their math is just so ugh that it's mind-boggling how this stuff propagated.

hteng

Banned
boggles my mind how 1% haste is gonna make a big difference, i'd rather take some equipment with well rounded stats like Acc, Atk, a lil less haste, that a haste only turban, and that shit look ugly as fuck, everyone wears it, FFXI is like a the middleeasts.

the blitz ring used to be useless, now its like 200-300k, what the fuck

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
hteng said:
boggles my mind how 1% haste is gonna make a big difference, i'd rather take some equipment with well rounded stats like Acc, Atk, a lil less haste, that a haste only turban, and that shit look ugly as fuck, everyone wears it, FFXI is like a the middleeasts.

the blitz ring used to be useless, now its like 200-300k, what the fuck

As I got later into the game, I did this too. I was tired of tons of macros and blah blah and just went for a good solid set or two. Kept it simple.

Shouta

I keep it pretty simple now too. At most, I'll swap 6 pieces out, usually ones that are totally useless during a WS, and that's it. Any more than 6 and I won't bother swapping shit. Works quite well on the ol'WAR.

Teknoman

Kintaro said:
As I got later into the game, I did this too. I was tired of tons of macros and blah blah and just went for a good solid set or two. Kept it simple.

Yup same here. With everyone elses advice and standard JRPG game knowledge, I seem to be doing just fine.

Tabris

Using Askar = completely useless, even Ace's Helm is only situationally better (low ACC) than Walraha. Unless 5/5 Usukane or low on ACC, Walraha only.

HASTE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT DD STAT unless ACC is not capped (which Askar doesn't really help with)

EDIT - Also Blitz Ring is usually used for utsu/flash/etc macros, not for DD'ing in as 1% haste vs 7ACC is iffy especially when you can cap haste without blitz ring. This is the most important fact to know as a PLD, haste is "retroactive" to cast times. So while your timer may say 5 seconds left, you hit your haste gear and it's 0. So wear -DT/PDT/MDT/REFRESH/ENMITY/ETC gear and then swap into haste gear for spell unless you are running an atonement build and need haste for attacks.

Tabris

Also for people complaining about needing so many macros. Just use windower macros, super simple to make (just make a text file with the commands you want then a comma for the next command) and then execute the text file using /console exec samuraiwsgekko.txt (in the macro line) as an example.

It makes it very simple, all I do is hit 1 button and it swaps all my gear and executes the WS along with any party chat commands I need or sata ja's if /THF.

I would probabaly find the game annoying if I had to hit 3 macros just to swap gear, execute sata and then ws.

Ravidrath

Man... yesterday's announcement really killed my interest in XI. I was expecting another 2-3 months of XI, and was working on a bunch of Magians and everything...

Now I guess I'm just going to story stuff.

hteng said:
are you still in pandy? it was merge to asura, so that means you're in asura right? i'm looking for some shell to join

I was on Kujata, which was eaten by Valefor.

Teknoman

Ravidrath said:
Man... yesterday's announcement really killed my interest in XI. I was expecting another 2-3 months of XI, and was working on a bunch of Magians and everything...

Now I guess I'm just going to story stuff.

I was on Kujata, which was eaten by Valefor.

Heh im just going to keep playing like normal up until release.

Yeah I can't possibly quit ffxi any time soon, I'm still having too much fun. And I'm far more excited for more abyssea than xiv so far. Ill start playing at launch casually so I can explore the world and shit but for the time being I wanna stick with xi.

Ravidrath

Not quitting, just... scaling back.

Like, I probably won't exp. much at all, or work on VNMs and other crazy gear, etc. I still plan to do some Abyssea because it's fun at the moment, and will try to get all the story missions done.

Kandinsky

Ravidrath said:
Tell me about it, i was finishing my thunder dmg staff and getting ready to start my drk macc one, and i dont know if i should bother now.

Teknoman

creid said:
I kinda want to play through this before the exodus to XIV. XI isn't very noob-friendly, is it?

Its alot more noob friendly now than it was at launch...of course it wasnt that hard back then either. Just time consuming.

Pai Pai Master said:
FFFFFFFUUU

How'd the rest of the run go, Pan?

What happened to you? Power outage or something? Kept looking for you to log back in. Rest of the run went smoothly, didn't get as much as last time though. About 5k. I updated the google doc to have lot rules, check it out.

Yeah the power went out in my building and didn't come back on for like 4 hours.

We were pretty mage heavy last night. Should probably make sure that doesn't happen next time.

Pai Pai Master said:
Yeah the power went out in my building and didn't come back on for like 4 hours.

We were pretty mage heavy last night. Should probably make sure that doesn't happen next time.

Yeah more DD definitely would have helped I think. Definitely a good idea to have one person go bst or rng for widescan and ephemeral pulling. That worked out really good. I forgot we had rng last time when talking to sac before the run. Good thing he was on bst though.

DrForester said:
My LS is doing it's first 2 hour Abysea run. We're getting a ton of exp in an alliance. This is awesome.

Yep we made about 20k EXP on our run last week, and about 7k Cruor. Abyssea alliances are awesome.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pai Pai Master said:
Yep we made about 20k EXP on our run last week, and about 7k Cruor. Abyssea alliances are awesome.

We did ~60k+ in under 2 hours. Got a ton of time extensions. Someone accidentally pulled a different mob and it reset the exp counter so we took all the pop items we had gotten and went too pop nm's we got items for from all that farming. Still at it now.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pai Pai Master said:
Holy crap, we never got anything like that. What are you farming on?

Just stick with the exact same mob name. Exp increases as you defeat (we were up to ~350 per kill) Should work on everything. We were doing mandies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pai Pai Master said:
Damn, I'm jealous. We were getting higher and higher cruor chests, but I don't recall ever getting a time extending chest.

They were rare, but we were getting more than 1/10 minutes.

Also a heads up guys, if you disconnect in Abyssea it unfortunately still runs out your timer. :lol I was hoping I'd get back on and still have 45 minutes left.

Mailman 007

Neo Member
Aurore pieces are soooooo ugly.

2rr9xc5.png

DrForester said:
We did ~60k+ in under 2 hours. Got a ton of time extensions. Someone accidentally pulled a different mob and it reset the exp counter so we took all the pop items we had gotten and went too pop nm's we got items for from all that farming. Still at it now.

So it's actually not in our best interest to pull the ephemeral mobs for a bonus then?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
pancakesandsex said:
So it's actually not in our best interest to pull the ephemeral mobs for a bonus then?

Depends what your goal is, and how much time you plan to spend. The ephemeral mobs start out by giving more exp and cruor, so if you were only spending 30 min that would probably be the way to go. When you go to farm a certain mob for exp it starts out low (50-150 per mob) and works its way up. After about 2 hours we were up to 350 per mob (supposedly caps at 400). Cruror also increased going from about 5 per mob to 20 per mob. But the chain can be broken if you accidentally agro a different type (and maybe even a different named mob, don't know if you farmed a mob with NM roaming around if that could break it or not).

Edit: Also just FYI if you didn't find out already. No EXP bonus items (or COR roll) will work in Abyssea. So if you use a ring before going in, you'll lose 2 hours of it's usability.

DrForester said:
Depends what your goal is, and how much time you plan to spend. The ephemeral mobs start out by giving more exp and cruor, so if you were only spending 30 min that would probably be the way to go. When you go to farm a certain mob for exp it starts out low (50-150 per mob) and works its way up. After about 2 hours we were up to 350 per mob (supposedly caps at 400). Cruror also increased going from about 5 per mob to 20 per mob. But the chain can be broken if you accidentally agro a different type (and maybe even a different named mob, don't know if you farmed a mob with NM roaming around if that could break it or not).

Edit: Also just FYI if you didn't find out already. No EXP bonus items (or COR roll) will work in Abyssea. So if you use a ring before going in, you'll lose 2 hours of it's usability.

Did someone have one of the key items or something for the time extensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom