• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
pancakesandsex said:
Did someone have one of the key items or something for the time extensions?

No, they were inside some of the chests we got from the mobs. The mobs kept dropping chests and we had two people trying to open them all (Combination game, but different than ones we've seen before). Chests contained

- EXP (Lile exp from mobs it went up, starting at 750, capping at 1250)
- 1000 Cruor
- Treasure
- Temp items people can grab
- Assortment of temp items for everyone
- 10 minute time extension

Calantus

I'm giving ff11 a shot, is there a noobie guide out there? I've played before to level 18, but i had no idea what i was doing class wise.

edit: just realized there is no more free trial, wtf?

Velion

Calantus said:
I'm giving ff11 a shot, is there a noobie guide out there? I've played before to level 18, but i had no idea what i was doing class wise.

edit: just realized there is no more free trial, wtf?
Free trial was removed due to RMT spamming with trial accounts.

You can try ffxiclopedia for a really good info database, and the forums at ffxionline.com had a few good starter guides and a lot of helpful members who can help answe questions.

And of course you can join us on Sylph server and well be around to help.

Shouta

So Abyssea = the bomb.

Went into Abyssea-Tahrongi, 4 hours later, I cam out with 180,000 XP, 30,000 cruor, and 180 minutes on my visitant status in an alliance :lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shouta said:
So Abyssea = the bomb.

Went into Abyssea-Tahrongi, 4 hours later, I cam out with 180,000 XP, 30,000 cruor, and 180 minutes on my visitant status in an alliance :lol

I have a deep dark fear it's going to get stealth nerfed in today's "server maintenance"

Out of curiosity, what mobs was your group killing?

jiggle

Shouta said:
So Abyssea = the bomb.

well that convinced me to finally buy it >.>

so i started reading about it and
i thought the max time is 120minutes?

also
the initial quest gets me 1 stone and i must finish the quest for additonal stones
does that mean i can't do any runs with friends until

i get first stone
finish quest
wait 20 hours
get 2nd stone <--- start doing runs here?

jiggle said:
well that convinced me to finally buy it >.>

so i started reading about it and
i thought the max time is 120minutes?

also
the initial quest gets me 1 stone and i must finish the quest for additonal stones
does that mean i can't do any runs with friends until

i get first stone
finish quest
wait 20 hours
get 2nd stone <--- start doing runs here?

Correct. Might as well wait till next week or so before you start getting into it. He charged up a bunch, like campaign ops or assault tags you can hold 3 of at a time.

Shouta

DrForester said:
I have a deep dark fear it's going to get stealth nerfed in today's "server maintenance"

Out of curiosity, what mobs was your group killing?

Mandies but you can get that crazy XP on any mob as long as you're gathering the lights at a break neck pace and opening chests as fast as possible. The Lights and chests are the key to increasing the gains from the mobs. Also, if you kill another mob type, it drops your gains apparently so gotta avoid that. Start with one mob type and just keep killing it and gathering lights to increase the bonuses.

Azure lights seems to be the biggest key to starting it off which you get from kill shots with magic attacks.

jiggle

pancakesandsex said:
Correct. Might as well wait till next week or so before you start getting into it. He charged up a bunch, like campaign ops or assault tags you can hold 3 of at a time.

oh sad
was hoping to get started right away
oh well :<

hgplayer1

Shouta said:
Mandies but you can get that crazy XP on any mob as long as you're gathering the lights at a break neck pace and opening chests as fast as possible. The Lights and chests are the key to increasing the gains from the mobs. Also, if you kill another mob type, it drops your gains apparently so gotta avoid that. Start with one mob type and just keep killing it and gathering lights to increase the bonuses.

Azure lights seems to be the biggest key to starting it off which you get from kill shots with magic attacks.

Ok so keys to this are full alliance? all level 80s?

is one person or persons designated to open chests?

does failing to open chests cause any set backs in exp?

does it matter what your initial start time is or is 120 best?

we did a run last night with like 9 people and I think the best exp gain we had as 160ish. we were slow and broke chain a few times and stopped to open chest a few times.

Shouta

hgplayer1 said:
Ok so keys to this are full alliance? all level 80s?

is one person or persons designated to open chests?

does failing to open chests cause any set backs in exp?

does it matter what your initial start time is or is 120 best?

we did a run last night with like 9 people and I think the best exp gain we had as 160ish. we were slow and broke chain a few times and stopped to open chest a few times.

I talked about it with Blood a bit yesterday. While an alliance seems to reap the most benefits, I think you can do fairly well with fewer folks. Perhaps not quite as good as an alliance situation but I imagine you could really get up there if you take the time and get it done properly.

A lot of the folks in the alliance were 75 and became 80 by the end of the night. I went from 16k into 79 to 80, capped XP and capped merits on my PUP. I may try and find another abyssea party for my WAR or PLD to make them a lot faster.

We had like 3-4 folks doing chests last night because they were appearing like crazy and a single person couldn't open them in time. They had Forbidden Keys for sure fire Time Extensions and then later Cruor/XP chests.

Failing to open a chest doesn't seem to adversely affect the chain bonuses from stacking it seems. However, if you kill a mob of a different type then the bonus reset. So if you start with one mob, stick with it.

I think an hour is enough to really start getting time extensions but we went in with 90 minutes and start picking up extensions about 45 minutes used up. Got so many that I left last night with 180 minutes on my visitant status after 4 hours.

hgplayer1

Shouta said:
I talked about it with Blood a bit yesterday. While an alliance seems to reap the most benefits, I think you can do fairly well with fewer folks. Perhaps not quite as good as an alliance situation but I imagine you could really get up there if you take the time and get it done properly.

A lot of the folks in the alliance were 75 and became 80 by the end of the night. I went from 16k into 79 to 80, capped XP and capped merits on my PUP. I may try and find another abyssea party for my WAR or PLD to make them a lot faster.

We had like 3-4 folks doing chests last night because they were appearing like crazy and a single person couldn't open them in time. They had Forbidden Keys for sure fire Time Extensions and then later Cruor/XP chests.

Failing to open a chest doesn't seem to adversely affect the chain bonuses from stacking it seems. However, if you kill a mob of a different type then the bonus reset. So if you start with one mob, stick with it.

I think an hour is enough to really start getting time extensions but we went in with 90 minutes and start picking up extensions about 45 minutes used up. Got so many that I left last night with 180 minutes on my visitant status after 4 hours.

Cool thanks for the info. Sure would be nice to be able to cap exp and merits all in one night! :D

Shouta said:

What color are the time extension chests? What color light were you glowing with when you got them?

Shouta

Time extension chests seem to be in blue chests and those are popped with azure lights, i.e. magic damage. You need to build up the cruor/XP rewards from those up to 1000/1250 before time extensions start coming ti seems. So you gotta open and build up azure lights until they do. Apparently if you peek into the chests, a crystal or shard or something will tell you it's a time extension.

hgplayer1

Shouta said:
Time extension chests seem to be in blue chests and those are popped with azure lights, i.e. magic damage. You need to build up the cruor/XP rewards from those up to 1000/1250 before time extensions start coming ti seems. So you gotta open and build up azure lights until they do. Apparently if you peek into the chests, a crystal or shard or something will tell you it's a time extension.

the mandies seemed pretty resistant to magic. any idea what spells work best on them?

Shouta

Thunder and Ice seemed to work fine as they always do. I've nuked them for pretty hard on PUP too with Stone V.

Shouta said:

Confirmed lights are what? Golden, ruby, azure and pearl?

Mailman 007

Neo Member
v3jcb8.png

sxfb4g.jpg

311xmrp.png

BlueWord

So I've been playing on Sylph recently. Posted earlier in this thread about reinstalling after five or six years, been at it on and off for a few weeks. Seems easier to solo than I remember.

That being said, does GAF have a Linkshell on this server? Wondering if I could get in on that. Character's name is Elido.

Shouta

Yes, we do. Poke Bloodberrie, Pancakesandsx, Ezlyn, Missao, or so for a pearl.

14 hours in Abyssea and 600,000 XP and 130,000 cruor in two days, that shit is so awesome and ridiculous.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shouta said:

14 hours in Abyssea and 600,000 XP and 130,000 cruor in two days, that shit is so awesome and ridiculous.

Why that much time. By that time is anyone getting anything out of it exp wise? By time we capped exp at 600 I already took my just-into 76 WHM to 80, capped and was onto merits, and that was only after 4 hours.

DrForester said:
Why that much time. By that time is anyone getting anything out of it exp wise? By time we capped exp at 600 I already took my just-into 76 WHM to 80, capped and was onto merits, and that was only after 4 hours.

You rotate out to go spend merits and come back.

Shouta

DrForester said:

Like Pan said, you rotate folks going in and out to spend merits and they come back for more. For me, I took WAR and PLD from 75 to 80 and got 10 merits all in one run. So awesome. :lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shouta said:
Like Pan said, you rotate folks going in and out to spend merits and they come back for more. For me, I took WAR and PLD from 75 to 80 and got 10 merits all in one run. So awesome. :lol

Once you go back in though, you have to rebuild your chain to get that exp up though, right? And wait an hour to reenter?

DrForester said:
Once you go back in though, you have to rebuild your chain to get that exp up though, right? And wait an hour to reenter?

It won't hurt the exp/cruor/chest rate too bad as long as the people just returning with low auras don't get most of the kill shots.

And as long as you have 5+ min. of visitant left before you leave you don't have to wait an hour.

Borman

Reminds me of the time I fell in the water at Windurst. Issue being, I was playing the import, months prior to even the US release. Good times getting out.

Shouta

DrForester said:

Rebuilding XP isn't bad as long as folks keep popping chests with lights in it. Ebon and Golden light red chests spawn a lot once you start getting up to 600 XP per kill and so it raises the XP gain of folks reentering fairly quickly. And you don't have to wait an hour to reenter as you long as you have more than a few minute sleft on Visitant as was pointed out.

Shit is just ridiculous all around.

Sanic

Two questions for xbox players:

-Is the credit card information entered separate from Microsoft/XBL?
-Do you need to enter a credit card for the 30 day trial?

Thanks!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pandoracell said:
Two questions for xbox players:

-Is the credit card information entered separate from Microsoft/XBL?
-Do you need to enter a credit card for the 30 day trial?

Thanks!

Yes it's separate.

Think you do. not 100% sure.,

jiggle

Shouta said:
Rebuilding XP isn't bad as long as folks keep popping chests with lights in it. Ebon and Golden light red chests spawn a lot once you start getting up to 600 XP per kill and so it raises the XP gain of folks reentering fairly quickly. And you don't have to wait an hour to reenter as you long as you have more than a few minute sleft on Visitant as was pointed out.

Shit is just ridiculous all around.

wish i encountered a good run like that
so far my experience with it sucked :/

Sanic

DrForester said:
Yes it's separate.

Think you do. not 100% sure.,

Cool, probably give this try. I just don't want Microsoft to have my credit card again. That was a mistake :lol.

Shouta

jiggle said:
wish i encountered a good run like that
so far my experience with it sucked :/

It's not too hard but you gotta inform folks about what's going on and how to do it. Gotta also shout at folks that aren't paying attention and the like.

Rawk Hawk

Shouta said:

If we go earlier this week, or this weekend I'm so trying to sneak my BST up there. I still say some Saturday morning we should all wake up relatively early and go out there for the entire day, haha.

My only issue with it will be once you have lv80 and capped exp, it's not nearly as nice. Capping merits there is probably close to the same pace as a merit party, maybe even slightly slower as it takes longer to get 18 people around. You get Cruor and items, so it's probably still better overall, but not like taking a lv75-80 in one night good.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So uh, if I wanted to come back, I'd have to start a new character =/ Tried to get into my old characters and...not there anymore. Bummer. =/

hgplayer1

Kintaro said:
So uh, if I wanted to come back, I'd have to start a new character =/ Tried to get into my old characters and...not there anymore. Bummer. =/

thats kind of odd. how long has it been since you played? Ive heard numerous stories of people getting their characters back after long periods of inactivity.

edit:

oh nevermind I know who you are now. that really is weird.

Rawk Hawk

Teknoman said:
Took a light break, but Friday evening we've gotta get down to business in Nyzul.

I'll be on at the very least from 5-11 EST. After 11 is iffy, but if we have one run left by then I'm sure I can stick it out.

Velion

Kintaro said:
They should be there (on the account) just you'd have to rename them when you connect to the server since the merge happened.

jiggle

joined an abyssea shout and got like 200k xp w/ 50k cruor out of it with 60min on the clock to spare
finally understand its appeal! :D

was kinda shocking what kind of items u can get out of this
millions worth of gils in items
the group i went with, its leader had some stupid self serving rules for him and his ls
but oh well, at least i got to walk away with the best item of the night, a wivre hairpin with Refresh+1 augment for all jobs :O

edit: FUCK ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo, accidentally threw out the hairpin ><

edit#2: Noooooooo, SE's 1 time item recovery can't recover item with augment in tact. Kill me now.

jiggle said:
joined an abyssea shout and got like 200k xp w/ 50k cruor out of it with 60min on the clock to spare
finally understand its appeal! :D

was kinda shocking what kind of items u can get out of this
millions worth of gils in items
the group i went with, its leader had some stupid self serving rules for him and his ls
but oh well, at least i got to walk away with the best item of the night, a wivre hairpin with Refresh+1 augment for all jobs :O

edit: FUCK ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo, accidentally threw out the hairpin ><

edit#2: Noooooooo, SE's 1 time item recovery can't recover item with augment in tact. Kill me now.

Oh man that sucks :/ You'll get another man. Don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom