• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
pancakesandsex said:
New NVIDIA beta drivers are out for geforce cards.

Do they finally fix FFXI? Because they've promised the new drivers would fix the problems for the last 5 or 6 driver updates. I just went with ATI.

DrForester said:
Do they finally fix FFXI? Because they've promised the new drivers would fix the problems for the last 5 or 6 driver updates. I just went with ATI.

Runs great, breaks windower. If you can get it working with it by all means share.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
pancakesandsex said:
Runs great, breaks windower. If you can get it working with it by all means share.

Someone in the Nvida thread of lulz (official thread on the Nvidia boards that's been going since April with them promising a fix with the next update then failing to deliver) says it worked when he moved widower to the C drive. I'd just keep an eye on blue garter or widower forums. Sure a fix will be up shortly.

I built a PC last august with a 460, and when I heard of the problem and found out it had been ongoing since April I just went with a 5870.

DrForester said:
Someone in the Nvida thread of lulz (official thread on the Nvidia boards that's been going since April with them promising a fix with the next update then failing to deliver) says it worked when he moved widower to the C drive. I'd just keep an eye on blue garter or widower forums. Sure a fix will be up shortly.

I built a PC last august with a 460, and when I heard of the problem and found out it had been ongoing since April I just went with a 5870.

Yeah that's some kinda bs, doesn't work. I've seen you posting (trolling) in the thread while lurking :p. Honestly I guess it's been an issue so long I didn't even know it was an issue?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
pancakesandsex said:
Yeah that's some kinda bs, doesn't work. I've seen you posting (trolling) in the thread while lurking :p. Honestly I guess it's been an issue so long I didn't even know it was an issue?

Hey I posted a perfectly viable fix to the problem in that thread 4 months ago. Not my fault if people didn't follow it :lol .

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I am glad it's working. I knew how horrid it was and thankfully was able to fix the problem by just going with a different card. People who haven't had that option have been suffering since even well before Abyssea was introduced.

Shouta

That glitch is gonna get fixed real soon. I'm going to have to pick up that atma as well because it makes all pets powerful and PUP would be pretty awesome with it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Kind of hoping it's not a glitch. Seems like one of those emergency maintenance things. Pretty much everything uses magic attacks. And Maybe it's compensation for pets not getting brew buffs.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well with SMN it's all because Avatar's already have a -50% PDT naturally. This 50% from the Atma bumps it up to 100%. Technically, the only glitch is that it activates without the Avatar being at 50% health.

I don't think Puppets have that natural PDT, do they?

Shouta

DrForester said:
Well with SMN it's all because Avatar's already have a -50% PDT naturally. This 50% from the Atma bumps it up to 100%. Technically, the only glitch is that it activates without the Avatar being at 50% health.

I don't think Puppets have that natural PDT, do they?

Stout servant.

-PDT is supposed to have a natural 50% cap or so but apparently the atma breaks that rule in regards to Avatars and gives them the 100% immunity. Though the same may hold true for Automatons if we could muster up -50% pet damage taken.

I do guess it's kinda fair though considering PUPs got Burattinaios (I need to get them) this last update and apparently those have a 10 TP a tick pet regain.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shouta said:
Stout servant.

-PDT is supposed to have a natural 50% cap or so but apparently the atma breaks that rule in regards to Avatars and gives them the 100% immunity. Though the same may hold true for Automatons if we could muster up -50% pet damage taken.

I do guess it's kinda fair though considering PUPs got Burattinaios (I need to get them) this last update and apparently those have a 10 TP a tick pet regain.

All the pet jobs got nice TP buffs. Well, I think BST did.... as for smn.

Caller%27s_pendant.png

:D

Only 2.5/tick for SMN, but SMN did get an ability (Mana Cede) that uses 100 MP to give instant 100% TP to avatar, and with the AF3 hands you get an additional 100% with the +1 and another 100% with +2 giving you instant 300% on a 5 minute timer. The AF3 legs also give a TP bonus (100%) for Blood Packs (Unknown if it's higher for the +2 legs).

Shouta

DrForester said:
All the pet jobs got nice TP buffs. Well, I think BST did.... as for smn.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100926014225/ffxi/images/6/6e/Caller's_pendant.png
:D

Only 2.5/tick for SMN, but SMN did get an ability (Mana Cede) that uses 100 MP to give instant 100% TP to avatar, and with the AF3 hands you get an additional 100% with the +1 and another 100% with +2 giving you instant 300% on a 5 minute timer. The AF3 legs also give a TP bonus (100%) for Blood Packs (Unknown if it's higher for the +2 legs).

Thing is, Automaton WS are a lot more dangerous with a powerful regain because it'll shoot it off every time it has 100 TP. BST pets and Avatars are on a timer to use their attacks. I guess S-E wanted to keep the pet balance the same.

Kandinsky

A FINAL FANTASY XI version update was performed at the following time.

[Date & Time]
Jan. 12, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. (PST)

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]

The following issues have been fixed:

- Progress in the quest "A Sterling Specimen" was sometimes prevented.

- Progress in the quest "Of Malnourished Martellos" was sometimes prevented.

- Progress in the quest "Full-of-Himself Alchemist" was sometimes prevented.

- In the quest "For Love of a Daughter," players would sometimes be unable to obtain the "Viridian abyssite of lenity" reward despite meeting all the requirements.
* Players who were unable to obtain key items due to this issue can now do so by speaking to the NPC that offered them the quest.

- In the assault "Desperately Seeking Cephalopods," orobons could not be caught, preventing further progress.

- Using the "Brigand's Chart" while fishing could sometime prevent a treasure chest from appearing properly.

- Under certain conditions avatars would become immune to physical damage.

:/

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
hgplayer1 said:
Pfft why are you congratulating him? He's only Sandy Rank 5. newb

Well.... It's because he just started Sandy and has already completed Windurst in Bastok stories, right?

Otherwise.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

DrForester said:
Well.... It's because he just started Sandy and has already completed Windurst in Bastok stories, right?

Otherwise.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Bastok rank 10 :p

I was pointing out the title :p

Shouta

hgplayer1 said:
Lastok? They even have a rank 10?

Anyways....your TH still hasnt helped me get my full DRK relic or my Mythic weapon. :(

Time to work for Empyrean Armor instead hg! DRK Empyrean go go go go!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
hgplayer1 said:
Aha! I knew there was a catch!

Next you are going to tell me I need to participate in some party battle or mission or quest or something.

Depends. All the new AF3 equipment can be bought using some Abyssea currency that's very very easy to get. The only "hard" to get piece is the feet, which drop from mob's in Abyssea. Then you need items to upgrade them into useful +1 and +2 items. The +1 items (which in pretty much every case are great, the +2's are just even more great) can be soloed by spamming easy quests, or soloing (by some jobs) or small partying some mobs that drop the items you need. The +2 items almost always require a party at least.

Man did I have a good day.

Duelist's Chapeau
Free drop Warrior's Lorica
Free drop Abyss Burgeonet
Dynamis-Xarcabard win
Snow Satchet
Hecate's Earring
2 coins of ardor
and a Witchstone :3

Shouta

Got so close last night to gathering all my coins. 26/30 on Decay 27/30 on Advancement. I hope I get them tonight after work!

Also, Mika was on! Everyone poke her!

Shouta said:
Got so close last night to gathering all my coins. 26/30 on Decay 27/30 on Advancement. I hope I get them tonight after work!

Also, Mika was on! Everyone poke her!

:O

Ard and vy are playing again btw too.

Shouta

I recall you or Sac mentioning that to me, heh.

Anyway, after I get all my coins and play with my Gsword some, I'm going straight into getting ready for my H2H weapons because I want Victory Smite for my PUP baaaad. The higher DMG on them will also help too!

Kandinsky

pancakesandsex said:
Man did I have a good day.

Duelist's Chapeau
Free drop Warrior's Lorica
Free drop Abyss Burgeonet
Dynamis-Xarcabard win
Snow Satchet
Hecate's Earring
2 coins of ardor
and a Witchstone :3
dies

man why do you keep getting/lotting stuff you dont actually need lol

Kandinsky said:
dies

man why do you keep getting/lotting stuff you dont actually need lol

Only because nobody else wanted them for the dyna drops. Other stuff is enfeeble/nuke gear mang.

Also: Serpentes set {mine}

Shouta

pancakesandsex said:
Finished your coins?

Yep, hence TORCLEAVER! Also got 30 Advancement coins too so I'm going to start working on Revenant fists for PUP so I can use Victory Smite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom