• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZetaEpyon

Yup

Oooh lets all get captain. Wanna get captain? Shouta can even go lolpup.

I know sei and aur would probably be interested.....

Wow, most of them must be pretty easy to roll through now, with the new caps and everything...

I'd be interested in this, as well as doing story missions for the expansions I haven't finished.

Wow, most of them must be pretty easy to roll through now, with the new caps and everything...

I'd be interested in this, as well as doing story missions for the expansions I haven't finished.

Myself, Talym, Shouta, Sei, Aur, and Sacan would make a nice assault static... We could probably extend that to other things too, just saying.

Did you tell Dio you're coming back yet sac? You shouldn't. Just /follow her till she notices.

As far as missions go, I can help with any fights I have cleared no prob. Mostly everything can be duoed besides 1-2 tougher endboss fights where I would bring 3-4.

I cleared WOTG recently with myself on thf, aur on rdm, and my friend shy on dnc. The last boss was a little hairy, but we recovered.

Coldsnap

Man looking at that Galka in full scale mail is bringing back some memories.

On FFXIV last night one of my linkshells gathered around a fire and shared the craziest XI stories they had. It was full of cheating, lies, backstabbers, fun times, and sad times.

Kokonoe

Banned
15 Ovni, 3 Ruminator, and 1 Carabosse later.

aGVpE.png

B-Dex

Finally unlocked DRk this morning.

Special thanks to Fellix for helping me out and Spiderlilly for the teleport :p

Will post pics later.

Joei

Is anyone here on Ragnarok? I deleted my account like 5 years ago, but am going to see if I can recover my character.

Sophia

Well, on the plus side, it's great that the game has a windowed mode now. On the downside, it doesn't work as well as it should. And no Full-Screen Windowed sucks. >_>;

Sophia

Heh, I put void dust up for 24k and someone paid 27k for it despite it clearly going for 25k in the price history.

You have the settings wrong. I'll show you in a bit, i'm in a party. But yeah, glad to see you're enjoying FFXI.

Meh, I just switched back to the 3rd party Windower. No reason to use the official option when the third party one works near perfectly.

Time to heal in Gusgen! I hope my raid in WoW gets canceled because I really don't want to raid with people who don't give a crap.

Sophia

I would not go all gung-ho about selling void dust. Voidwatch is fickle in drops, you may want those later.

It's easy starting money to sell a few, and I'm not even ready for Voidwatch. Besides, it's only 2000 conquest points, so I'm not exactly crying tears of sadness over it's loss if I need it later. :p

Kokonoe

Banned
Yes. Yes I am. 2000 conquest points is miniscule and easily earned in a Gusgen alliance or what have you. I'd rather be well geared out now. =P
Not to mention it's a waste of inventory space, and you only have 30 spaces currently. (60 if you got the Mog Sack)

Kokonoe

Banned
Yup, and if you fully upgrade your inventory (which will be a bit till you get to do that), you'll have 2x 80 spaces of inventory.

Now if you purchase the 10$ Mog Satchel, 3x 80 inventory spots. Sack and Satchel reflect your current inventory amount.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, at least start voidwatch the moment you hit 75, so you can start collecting stones. by the time you're fully ready you'll have a huge pile of them.

Kokonoe

Banned
The guy at SE who helped me get my account info said world transfers are 25$, :/ wasn't there quests or something you could do before to do that?

Nah, it's always been that. Pretty steep price if you ask me. Oddly enough, I was on Fairy -> Sylph before I transferred to Asura. Although, that was before Sylph merged with another server.

Joei

Nah, it's always been that. Pretty steep price if you ask me. Oddly enough, I was on Fairy -> Sylph before I transferred to Asura. Although, that was before Sylph merged with another server.

Yeah, that's a really steep price. I honestly don't know if I'd pay 10$ tbh. I'm sure the LS I was in disbanded by now and it'd be nice to play with some people I could be in a sort of community with, but 25$, I dunno.

Sophia

If by coincidence someone made a toon on Sylph, I might be perfectly willing to be their personal healer as they level to 10. *coughcough*

Azuran

Banned
I would not go all gung-ho about selling void dust. Voidwatch is fickle in drops, you may want those later.

Honestly, by the time someone is ready to do VW, gil should be a non-issue for most. One good VW or Dynamis run can net you enough gil to last you for a while.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Reformatted my PC today, so I have to redownload the game again.

Will hopefully be done in time to play today; I'd really like to meet up with some Gaffers and get into a link shell just so I can play with everyone more often.

Still on the fence about whether or not I'll actually pick up the game and subscribe, but I'm sort of enjoying the game so far.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I lost my PlayOnline password information ;_;

Accidentally deleted the image I had of my account information. Not sure if they'll send me the password or not since I'm on a 14 day trial account.

I suppose I could always re-register and just start over again, not like I had much time invested in my current character.

*edit*

Grabbed a new trial account.

Actually you can change your PlayOnline password through your Square Enix account. No need to remember the old one. It was actually the first thing I did when I signed up, changed it to the same one as the SE account so I'd remember it.

theDeeDubs

Actually you can change your PlayOnline password through your Square Enix account. No need to remember the old one. It was actually the first thing I did when I signed up, changed it to the same one as the SE account so I'd remember it.

Man, I spent hours last night trying every variation of my usual passwords 5 times every 15 minutes in POL. Didn't see the options in my SE account though. For some reason I had changed the pw for my main and not my boxed character.

Update* Figured it out. Apparently you have to transfer accounts that are already linked to your SE account again if you haven't done so. Their billing systems are always confusing.

I'm so glad they unified everything under the SE account banner now. Although the challenge is, like you hinted, getting everything united in the first place. Once it is though... a bazillion times more convenient.

ZetaEpyon

I doubt that I can do stuff tonight or tomorrow; my brother just bought a house, so I'll be helping him move. There's a chance I could get on via laptop tonight, but no guarantee. Sunday evening would probably work for me, but if everyone else is ready to go, I don't want to hold people up.

I believe I can do sunday as well. What time-ish? If you have enfeebling items farmed up ahead of time it helps, but we can farm that day as well.

ZetaEpyon

I expect to be home by ~4:00pm, Central time, so any time after that is fine for me, really.

I was trying to farm up the items last night on my own, and it was pretty slow going. I did get the Fossilized Bone, but no sign of a Seasoning Stone or Fossilized Fang. I probably wasn't fighting the most efficient mobs either, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom