• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

I'm closing in on 20, was mostly just killing stuff in La Theine Plateau. Is the subjob quest still the same as before? I remember last time I played, Selbina was pretty dead for parties.

Went to do some Rank quests for now though.
If you need help with the sub job items, let me know. I can knock that out in no time for you.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Of course the problem is the other character is on another POL account on another server, so it would cost me $25 + $12.95 to get access to the stuff, at that point I feel like I might as well just use the other character. He has the beret already, but no shirt. I also feel like I'd be more interested in advancing from 60 than doing 1-30 stuff again, which is all the shirt and beret help with, right?

I honestly can't remember how much money, but I had pretty much all the best gear you could have at level 60 for a DNC/NIN (expensive rings and HQ + stuff) and at least a hundred K gil or so (I was on a server with a friend who had tons of money and he bankrolled me pretty well, but he's not playing anymore).

Yeah the shirt is for 1-30, but it also helps with beginner crafting, and you can do capped (under 30) BCNM with it and it still works. Same for the beret.

I know it may seem like a lot now, but you could probably get back to where you were within a few weeks. Less if you are playing a lot.

Aeana

Probably around 3PM EST, though from then I can basically go on any time.

Do you actually need to be 18 and take the quest in order to get the drops?

You can get the drops any time, you don't have to accept the quest or be 18. And cool, I'll be on working on my axe trials so let me know when you're on.

Cool, I'll have to do some digging and see which of the ones that I have in progress are still worth continuing.

Import thing is to look at what's realistic for you to obtain at your current stage in the game. If buying a 1.5 million gil dagger is out if your budget, then work on a magian. It's a good "minimum baseline" to shoot for. Plus there are nice macro pieces like some staves, or situational weapons to create like pdt axes/swords and evasion daggers.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Many jobs have good empyrean weapons, without being the main empyrean weapon that requires lots of drops from NM's. They're not as good as the main empyrean, but are respectable weapons. For example, on Samurai...

Kanto.jpg

Is a decent weapon to have if you don't have a relic, or empyrean. The trails are a pain, but it's all "Kill crap" tirals, and can be soloed pretty easily.

isual

well, this just happened on my xbox

I loaded up my game then all of a sudden it froze up on me with pixels. I turned it off again and then it froze just after the xbox screen when you turn it on.

I tried googling, apparently this means the graphics card has/will almost die out.

well, this just happened on my xbox

I loaded up my game then all of a sudden it froze up on me with pixels. I turned it off again and then it froze just after the xbox screen when you turn it on.

I tried googling, apparently this means the graphics card has/will almost die out.

That sucks. You should be able to transition to the pc version with relative ease though. Just need to acquire a copy of the installers.

isual

That sucks. You should be able to transition to the pc version with relative ease though. Just need to acquire a copy of the installers.

Aye. Apparently, I had the Zephyr version. Bought it in Dec. of 2007.

Salute and Sieg Zeon to my xbox 360. I'll miss out on the achievements though, which were a big motivational factor for me playing ff11 on 360.

I do have steam and will most definitely transition to playing on PC. Just gotta use the xbox 360 controller since it's far more ergonomic

I won't be buying a new 360; probably wait for the new one coming out this year.

Aye. Apparently, I had the Zephyr version. Bought it in Dec. of 2008.

Salute and Sieg Zeon to my xbox 360. I'll miss out on the achievements though, which were a big motivational factor for me playing ff11 on 360.

I do have steam and will most definitely transition to playing on PC. Just gotta use the xbox 360 controller since it's far more ergonomic

I won't be buying a new 360; probably wait for the new one coming out this year.

Scream "Matilda-san" and try not to cry as the garbage man takes it away.

You're going to have problems with the analog triggers on PC. Basically FFXI doesn't recognize them. I recommend finding a controller with a directinput mode or non-analog triggers.

isual

Scream "Matilda-san" and try not to cry as the garbage man takes it away.

You're going to have problems with the analog triggers on PC. Basically FFXI doesn't recognize them. I recommend finding a controller with a directinput mode or non-analog triggers.

NG3 Razor's edge was the last xbox game I bought for 360.

Had this 360 version zephyr since Dec of 2007. Good run. Oh well...
but the achievements for ff11...hnnngh...

fuuuarkkk

360 is working now

must have overheated since I had my character AFK in crawler's nest...

hmmmm

Baleoce

I don't know about others, but for BST, the pet -physical damage taken axes seem pretty essential.

Speaking of which, what are the 99 versions of those like now? I haven't played in a year and a half, but back then they were blue box.

Robin64

I keep getting "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." when I load up PlayOnline Viewer from my FFXI 2008 Edition 360 disc. (I've never played it before, I got this back before I had a credit card then couldnt play so put it to one side)

Robin64

Oh, this version says it comes with the original game, Rise of Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urhgan and Wings of the Goddess. I assume that will be a lot of content for a while?

Oh, this version says it comes with the original game, Rise of Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urhgan and Wings of the Goddess. I assume that will be a lot of content for a while?

You won't have access to abyssea or the mini expansions, and will need to purchase them separately. Did you just buy that disc?

It's going to cost you 60$ to buy the mini's and abssea separately, so you should probably just get the adoulin ultimate collection.

You will want abyssea
You will want the beret and shirt that come with the collection.
If you have a PC, I highly recommend the pc version over the console one.

Robin64

You won't have access to abyssea or the mini expansions, and will need to purchase them separately. Did you just buy that disc?

It's going to cost you 60$ to buy the mini's and abssea separately, so you should probably just get the adoulin ultimate collection.

You will want abyssea
You will want the beret and shirt that come with the collection.
If you have a PC, I highly recommend the pc version over the console one.

I have a PC, I just thought it might be more comfortable and whatnot playing on the console. But if this disc is so out of date (I did get it a long time ago), then it's hardly worth it

Baleoce

Does race selection matter that much?

When I quit over a year ago, it felt to me like there was no penalty for picking high HP characters like elvaan and galka. MP is just so easy to come by and so many sources of refresh at endgame that if you were "doing it right" it just wouldn't be an issue, but max HP is genuinely useful under certain conditions. That was back then, as for now, I can't see it having changed that much. But feel free to correct me. At the end of the day the players ability will always trump race choice regardless :)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
When I quit over a year ago, it felt to me like there was no penalty for picking high HP characters like elvaan and galka. MP is just so easy to come by and so many sources of refresh at endgame that if you were "doing it right" it just wouldn't be an issue, but max HP is genuinely useful under certain conditions. That was back then, as for now, I can't see it having changed that much. But feel free to correct me. At the end of the day the players ability will always trump race choice regardless :)

Just trying to make sure that picking a Tarutaru and then making picking a melee based job wont screw me over. Thanks :p

Will the mobs within the first part of the Sea Serpent Grotto agro a level 64/5 character? I got a grotto coffer key and was hoping to take my NIN down there to get part of the Artifact armor.

Will the mobs within the first part of the Sea Serpent Grotto agro a level 64/5 character? I got a grotto coffer key and was hoping to take my NIN down there to get part of the Artifact armor.

Most of the monsters are sound aggro only, so you should be able to sneak up and get down there. If you don't have monomi: ichi yet, quest it. If that's not an option at this time, silent oils can be found on the auction house. I recommend the quest.

Midou

You can get the drops any time, you don't have to accept the quest or be 18. And cool, I'll be on working on my axe trials so let me know when you're on.

I stuck around with the party you left me with for like 4 hours until it became a pretty large alliance, went from 17 to 35, I now understand modern FFXI leveling lol. Highest I ever even got before was like level 25...

Ploid 3.0

PC is the way to go anyway because of the options it presents you for interface customization with windower, and overall stability.

Check out those sweet recast timers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbVmyVinjCo

I saw the stream guy I watch using this. There's also something else that calculate the probability of things like chests. You enter numbers and as the game give you clues on how close you are the plugin gives you a very accurate answer. The guy using it said it was pretty much cheating to get the points in the new area, but the points weren't that big so spamming that seem to be only good if you need a few more I guess.

Widower look so robust now. There's a macro feature I guess that makes changing armor for every cast/ability a lot more convenient. I used to use 2 macros for one cast.

Loona

Just trying to make sure that picking a Tarutaru and then making picking a melee based job wont screw me over. Thanks :p

Shouldn't be a major issue, tarus have good Agility which helps evasion, which in turn is handy if you're close enough to melee.

Also, the taru-only flip on Asuran Fists if you unlock that.

Aeana

I stuck around with the party you left me with for like 4 hours until it became a pretty large alliance, went from 17 to 35, I now understand modern FFXI leveling lol. Highest I ever even got before was like level 25...

Great! You can move on from there to Crawler's Nest, if you like, or stay there and continue to sync. Though I imagine you want to level your sub now. :eek:

Most of the monsters are sound aggro only, so you should be able to sneak up and get down there. If you don't have monomi: ichi yet, quest it. If that's not an option at this time, silent oils can be found on the auction house. I recommend the quest.

Thanks, I'll take care of that then. May level up my Dancer next so I can join the fun in Gusgen.

Midou

Great! You can move on from there to Crawler's Nest, if you like, or stay there and continue to sync. Though I imagine you want to level your sub now. :eek:

Yeah, not 100% sure what to go with for sub yet, WHM seems like good choice, but I'm always afraid of ending up as a primary healer and failing to do so. :p

Husker86

what predicts your ability to hit mobs ? level or weapon skill level ?

Weapon skill/accuracy, both of which are increased with level. Weapon skills have to be manually leveled, DEX is a stat that increases with level and directly influences accuracy. Accuracy is a stat you can get from gear and is also directly influenced by weapon skill.

This damn game won't let me go...so close to buying new Steam collection even though Adoulin is the only expansion I don't have. I think it has been 2-3 years since I last "quit".

isual

Weapon skill/accuracy, both of which are increased with level. Weapon skills have to be manually leveled, DEX is a stat that increases with level and directly influences accuracy. Accuracy is a stat you can get from gear and is also directly influenced by weapon skill.

This damn game won't let me go...so close to buying new Steam collection even though Adoulin is the only expansion I don't have. I think it has been 2-3 years since I last "quit".

Ok. i'm levelling my samurai, but my monk is 170 hand to hand. Now, if I buy a weapon/gear that is close to level 70, can that help compensate my low hand to hand while I skill up in the boyahda tree ?

elohel

start a new, i think that's what im doing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom