• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2014 |OT| Kumhau, The Blackthorne Coven, and the Mog Wardrobe.

TRI Mike

Nice to see this game is still doing good. I played for two whole years (2007-2009) and it was one of the best gaming experiences of my life. I'll never forget it. I most likely won't go back to it because I plan to join XIV soon but I'll always hold XI dear to me.

Nice to see this game is still doing good. I played for two whole years (2007-2009) and it was one of the best gaming experiences of my life. I'll never forget it. I most likely won't go back to it because I plan to join XIV soon but I'll always hold XI dear to me.

Yeah I just got back into the game a few weeks back. I started the game back in 2004 on the PS2 until somewhere around 2009/2010. All I can say is that its a whole new game lol. I can never in my wildest dream think of leveling from 1 to 50 in three days with the old FFXI.

The only sad thing about the game is that when I walk into the dunes, I'm the only person there leveling up.

MoosiferX

I've been playing a whole bunch w/ the Mrs. and my family again and I don't think I've had a better time on the game. We pretty much play as a static group, so some things in game have always been out of reach, but being able to easily get our Relic Gear +1 and participate in Wildskeeper Reives and Delve NMs has been amazing.

Just finished up everything on my good old Dragoon - which looks like it's getting a sexy update in September - and for now I'm heading back to my Red Mage which had been at Level 75 since before the cap was increased.

Super stoked about the various Campaigns starting Sept. 10th as there's a handful of those Trust Magics I missed. Does anybody have Lehko? I'm leaning towards snagging him w/ the Mog Pell - mostly because I think the WotG missions have some of the best cutscenes ever. But it's hard to ignore the Moogle and skill up gains.

I've been playing a whole bunch w/ the Mrs. and my family again and I don't think I've had a better time on the game. We pretty much play as a static group, so some things in game have always been out of reach, but being able to easily get our Relic Gear +1 and participate in Wildskeeper Reives and Delve NMs has been amazing.

Just finished up everything on my good old Dragoon - which looks like it's getting a sexy update in September - and for now I'm heading back to my Red Mage which had been at Level 75 since before the cap was increased.

Super stoked about the various Campaigns starting Sept. 10th as there's a handful of those Trust Magics I missed. Does anybody have Lehko? I'm leaning towards snagging him w/ the Mog Pell - mostly because I think the WotG missions have some of the best cutscenes ever. But it's hard to ignore the Moogle and skill up gains.

Lehko is neat, but the moogle is the least likely to appear again before the next anniversary event, and it's the most functionally useful. The DD trusts are fun and all, but they get outgrown fast.

What server are you all on? Half off transfers and plenty of room in IHOP...

Leunam

Which one is the Moogle trust?

I'm going out of town tomorrow and I intend to cash in my remaining points, assuming I get at least 200 points at the next login. I was thinking either a trust or reforged AF items.

ZetaEpyon

I'm going out of town tomorrow and I intend to cash in my remaining points, assuming I get at least 200 points at the next login. I was thinking either a trust or reforged AF items.

Moogle is the Moogle trust... >.>
Indi-Refresh and magic skill up rate

Einhander

Man, it would be great to get an HD remake of this game on PS4. I want to start fresh in Final Fantasy 11 again. The last time I played it was several years ago. It may be awhile longer, though, because I'm currently playing Final Fantasy 14.

Got a question. I have an older physical PC game collection bundle of Final Fantasy 11, but the registration code was used on a computer I no longer have. Would I be able to reinstall the game and play it on my current computer by using the same code or would Square Enix be able to help me out with that?

Seigyoku

Just FYI, the login points can only get you one Trust - Uka.

The choice of Trust thing is from a campaign in September.

ZetaEpyon

Man, it would be great to get an HD remake of this game on PS4. I want to start fresh in Final Fantasy 11 again. The last time I played it was several years ago. It may be awhile longer, though, because I'm currently playing Final Fantasy 14.

Got a question. I have an older physical PC game collection bundle of Final Fantasy 11, but the registration code was used on a computer I no longer have. Would I be able to reinstall the game and play it on my current computer by using the same code or would Square Enix be able to help me out with that?

The code is tied to your account, not the installation. So as long as you still have your login information somewhere, you're good to go. If you don't have it, it's probably possible (if difficult) to recover with the help of SE support.

Thanks to a number of folks to whom I will be forever grateful for their assistance, I've hit a milestone several slow years in the making.

53fff18622c3922f78197eb9.jpg

Very happy to have finally completed a Relic, the little bit of story that comes with doing so was super neat, even if it was short.

I still have a lot of work (and practice) to do before my bard is up to snuff for using in anything remotely difficult, but hopefully I'll be able to rise to the challenge.

Next up, finally completing my Twashtar!

Leunam

:O

Congrats Pan! I knew you were working on a Relic when I sold you those whiteshells but I wasn't sure what. And I think I remember you brandishing a Thwashtar a few times in Abyssea runs.

Einhander

The code is tied to your account, not the installation. So as long as you still have your login information somewhere, you're good to go. If you don't have it, it's probably possible (if difficult) to recover with the help of SE support.

Since then, I've created a new Square Enix account for Final Fantasy 14. I'd rather have both games under the same login. Ah well, I suppose I'll just lay down the money for the Ultimate Collection.

:O

Congrats Pan! I knew you were working on a Relic when I sold you those whiteshells but I wasn't sure what. And I think I remember you brandishing a Thwashtar a few times in Abyssea runs.

Thank you!

The twatter isn't 99 yet so I don't consider it "complete" (though I was able to use it quite a while prior to adoulin). I've got about 800 plates and 53 cinders to go.

There's a couple new dev posts. I'll get them up tonight if someone doesn't beat me to it.

OK campaign time and more update news:

Reposting this one since it's important too.

Two major campaigns coming your way in appreciation of twelve years of service to Vana'diel!
13045.jpg

Enjoy two new events celebrating twelve years of FINAL FANTASY XI service.

Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign
We've missed you! For a limited time only, stalwarts who've hung up their blades and staves can return to Vana'diel free of charge! Come see faces both familiar and new as you experience the changes Vana'diel has seen!

Discount Campaign
Act now and receive expansion packs you have not yet registered for a reasonable fee!

Read on for details.

Return of the Anniversary MMO Collaboration Event
12018.jpg

Enjoying chasing after spriggans and bopping slimes on the head with the return of this special collaboration between FINAL FANTASY XI, DRAGON QUEST X ONLINE, and FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn!
If you missed your chance to participate, now's the time to get in on the action!
Need a refresher on the event? Check it out!

Event Period: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 8:00 p.m. to Thursday, October 2 at 7:00 a.m.

Read on for details.

Announcing the Idyllic Vana'diel Initiative!
13040.jpg

Not content with the Return Home to Vana'diel and Adventurer Appreciation Campaigns, we are pleased to announce the hosting of myriad smaller in-game events, collectively titled the Idyllic Vana'diel Initiative, all starting Wednesday, September 10! Take this opportunity to experience all Vana'diel has to offer with none of the fuss!

Read on for details.

Adventurer Appreciation Campaign
13041.jpg

In thanks for your dedicated service to the world of Vana'diel, we will be giving special in-game gifts to those with an active PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI subscription via a SQUARE ENIX account during the period of Tuesday, July 1, 2014, to Sunday, August 31.

Read on for details.

The Goblin Mystery Box Will Be Revamped!
13048.jpg

A new thread has been created in the Updates section of the official forum.

[dev1230] The Goblin Mystery Box Revamp

Announcing the Double Synthesis Skill Increase Campaign!
13051.jpg

Enjoy doubled synthesis skill gains for a limited time only!

Campaign Period
Friday, September 5, 2014 at 11:00 p.m. (PDT) to Saturday, September 6 at the same hour.

As the name implies, the rate of synthesis skill increase will be doubled for the duration of the campaign! Hone your crafting skills with synthesis kits and take advantage of the synthesis history feature!

Grahf, you think you'll be around this weekend or this tuesday? I wanna do a temps run for vw to get some ki's. Trying to get you and Shikkousha on at the same time at least. Would also be good to drag togarii and lune.

Seigyoku

Equipment search could be neat - I hope it covers in in and outbox too, unlikely as that may be...

Sadly it cannot do that as anything in the delivery system (which includes the AH) is basically considered to be off the server while it is in there. It is why they warn you before server transfers (voluntary or not) to empty your dbox and not leave anything on the AH because they will NOT carry over.

IHOP has been progressing through voidwatch at an unstoppable pace. Tonight we cleared the Cop branch, and we'll be doing TOAU next week. After that, a small farming break before provenance. Will probably start interspersing rounds of dynamis clears shortly after that.

Super happy with progress people are making. We even did a lowman tojil last week. Will probably do more as people start to gear up and expand their job availability.

IHOP has been progressing through voidwatch at an unstoppable pace. Tonight we cleared the Cop branch, and we'll be doing TOAU next week. After that, a small farming break before provenance. Will probably start interspersing rounds of dynamis clears shortly after that.

Super happy with progress people are making. We even did a lowman tojil last week. Will probably do more as people start to gear up and expand their job availability.

VW last night was great. It's really cool to see how much you can get done in even a short period of time in FFXI these days (especially compared to the way things used to be).

New Walk of Echoes details. Seems pretty wonky.

New Walk of Echoes Content: Surge and Endowed Walks
13061.jpg

A new thread has been created in the Updates section of the official forums.

[dev1232] New Walk of Echoes Content: Surge and Endowed Walks

Just a note on this one, the "black" star is a mis-translation. It's referring to the filled in star, and the "white" star is referring to the non-filled in star. Problem is the Japanese just says "★ mark" and "☆ mark" with no mention of color, but the forum font is black, and the game font is white, making it super confusing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

So reading the menu, if the mark is filled in, it's in surge or endowed mode, if it's not filled in, it's normal, and the % is the chance it'll fill in or stay filled in after the clear.

Lucael

Hey guys, I've been playing this game from 2003 to 2009. I have fond memories of XI. Out of curiosity, how is the Seeker of Adoulin storyline? One of the great things of this game was that even with new story from expansion the lore and the world story come together very well in a cohesive way (I've never finished WOTG storyline anyway).

Hey guys, I've been playing this game from 2003 to 2009. I have fond memories of XI. Out of curiosity, how is the Seeker of Adoulin storyline? One of the great things of this game was that even with new story from expansion the lore and the world story come together very well in a cohesive way (I've never finished WOTG storyline anyway).

It's sort of detached from the rest (in the same way TOAU was), but it's really great so far (starts slow though). The supporting questlines are also pretty interesting. There's like 4-5 "major" sidequest lines.

Seigyoku

SE is forcing me to do the Buffalo Event again by adding in two items that haven't been seen since 2005.

*sob*

Going to get kicked back to town so many times!

Upcoming events and more quality of life changes including new map icons, item search, and manual party re-arrangement.

Blazing Buffaloes
13064.jpg

An absolutely titillataruing morning to you, straight from Konana of Windurst's Tarutaru Times!
How've your adventures been treating you?

I know, I know, I'm a bit more sprightaruly than usual, but that's neither here nor there.

We're in trouble-wouble and I need everyone's help!

It's those darned fluffball moogle-woogles!
With all those notches in your beltaru, you've surely stumbled across their Buffalo Bonanza Ranch.

You know, the one where they keep all the buffaloes they catch-watch up north?
They usually rentaru them out for all manner of festivals, rodeos, and what-have-you, and recently they've been expanding to other animals. On the surface, they seem to be expanding and all looks hunky-dory, but if they were any more in the red-wed I'd need to call a white mage to wipe up the mess.

Isn't that positively scandalous-wandalous?

So we decided to send-wend in some of our top reporters to do an undercover investigation. With the Blazing Buffaloes eventaru set to get started in a few short winks, I feel it's the perfect time to expose the operation for the shame it is!

If that doesn't whetaru your appetite for the truth, I don't know what will!

Read this Tarutaru Times exclusive report, written by a certain undercover freelance writer on the Buffalo Bonanza Ranch, here.

Quality of Life Improvements
13067.jpg

A new thread has been created in the Updates section of the official forums.

[dev1233] Quality of Life Improvements

ZetaEpyon

Finally got to clothcraft 100 thanks to the synthesis skill rate campaign. Only took 69 synths from 96.2 to 100.

Incidentally, if anyone wants a swith cape (3% fast cast), let me know. I have like 35 extras.

Salvage armor, mithra slaves for everyone, the return of Empy +2 items! Also new quests.

The September 2014 Login Campain Descends Upon Us Soon!
13087.jpg

The July September login campaign will be held during the following period.

Campaign Period: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) to Thursday, October 2 at 7:00 a.m.

Receive login points each day just for saying hello to the citizens of Vana'diel, and exchange them for various in-game rewards!

If you are logged in when the campaign begins, you must either relog or change areas in order to receive your points.

Read on for information on how to participate and for a list of items available in the September 2014 Login Campaign.

A New Quest Takes the Stage!
13086.jpg

The September version update will bring along with it the continuation of one of Seekers of Adoulin's mini-sagas!

Roskin, the bumbling Yocile-oggler from the Thirst for the Ages" and "Thirst for the Eons," never content to be a mere witness to history, sends the player off to learn about events surrounding King August's many forays into the jungles. Explore a different angle on the sacred city's past with the third installment in this gripping side story!

* In order to receive this quest, players must have completed the previous two chapters in the installment as well as chapter four of the Seekers of Adoulin mission up to and including "Balamor, the Deathborne Xol."

Boss Mog

First surge on flux 13 and bam Windbuffet Belt +1. It's like all my horrible luck and double digit lots were evened out in that one instant. I put it up on AH for a ridiculous amount, if it sells great if not I'll be happy to keep it.

Top Bottom