• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2014 |OT| Kumhau, The Blackthorne Coven, and the Mog Wardrobe.

Husker86

That's weird... contact SE?

Edit:

It looks like it's a billing thing, are you about to be charged for the month? If so, let it go through, then it should work.

I'm an idiot...that error message was in the "transfer other POL IDs to this SE account" option haha.

I just mocked up a transfer and I can do it. Going to triple check that my old in-game friend isn't coming back and if not I'll be Sylphin.

Getting a crazy amount of nostalgia from the music in Jeuno and Bastok Markets. Also feeling a little overwhelmed trying to figure out where I left off. Just spent an hour unlocking Trust NPCs. Seems like it could be a pretty neat system for soloing. Now just to figure out where to go next...

Lala, I can help you out later tonight. I'll be on this evening, but if you're looking to do it right now you can do it the alternate way Saph mentioned earlier in the thread.

Blinkin most of us are on sylph

Husker: Bring your friend too, more the merrier.

Seigyoku

I'm on sylph. Ok Pan, I'll be on tonight!

I tried that method and couldn't find any ??? :(

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/In_Defiant_Challenge

Lists the exact location for all three sets of ???

Wheeeeee!

Also GDI SE! I went through a LOT of trouble to avoid that spoiler!

UGH!

I do have to pack and spend my points tonight, but if anyone wants to do mad SoA mission catch up, I can help with the fights BECAUSE OMG I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO BE BEHIND TWO CHAPTERS.

And SE seems to love doing these story updates on days I'm traveling!

I moved to Fenrir to be withs ome old friends yesterday, and it was a long productive day. Did some AA runs, did tier 1 Delve.

So nice to have friends in the game, you aren't held back by all that gear/desired jobs bullshit. Managed to snag Oats, the 110 sword, asperity, and half of the datk set, both MACC earrings as well. If anything my BLU got a nice bump, lol.

I moved to Fenrir to be withs ome old friends yesterday, and it was a long productive day. Did some AA runs, did tier 1 Delve.

So nice to have friends in the game, you aren't held back by all that gear/desired jobs bullshit. Managed to snag Oats, the 110 sword, asperity, and half of the datk set, both MACC earrings as well. If anything my BLU got a nice bump, lol.
very good day, my first day getting going with friends I cleared shark and bee, cleared tojil a few days later. Im drowning in high end gear I dont even need now

ZetaEpyon

Crafting kits in the next login campaign is pretty interesting, and definitely not something I expected. Will have to figure out whether it's worth it in terms of value or not though.

So reading through various guides about things added in the last couple years and it led me to tutorial Records of Eminence. I'm kind of scratching my head at the gear sets that are available. They're just so ridiculously powerful. I take it those sets should be my priority at 99? They're so much better than the perle and +1 Abyssea pieces I'm wearing.

ZetaEpyon

So reading through various guides about things added in the last couple years and it led me to tutorial Records of Eminence. I'm kind of scratching my head at the gear sets that are available. They're just so ridiculously powerful. I take it those sets should be my priority at 99? They're so much better than the perle and +1 Abyssea pieces I'm wearing.

Eminence gear is a great base to start from when gearing up, because of the ilevel stats and such, but it's not going to outright replace everything else. Definitely make sure that you've got your RoEs active so that you can buy a few pieces as soon as you hit 99.

Reforged Empyrean armor is going to be added in a future update, so definitely don't throw them away.

Boss Mog

The reason the gears are so powerful is because SE decided not to increase the level cap and decided instead to increase our levels through gear. New high level gears have an iLevel (item Level) rating on them now with the maximum currently available being iLevel 119. So basically when you wear all iLevel 119 gear it's the equivalent to being level 119.

You should probably get those RoE gears to start so you can do Reives and farm bayld. Once you have bayld you can start doing Wildskeeper Reives and get the iLevel 115 gears that drop from there and augment them. They are better than the 117 RoE gears. Also with bayld you can buy much better 117 gears from the Peacekeepers Coalition (Gorney +1, Shneddick +1 Weatherspoon +1). Once you have a good combination of those gears you can start working on upgrading your Artifact and Relic armors to 119 and getting 119 delve gear. For weapons, the 117 RoE ones are very decent to start with, If you have some Gil though, you can easily make 119 weapons right away from the npc Oboro in Port Jeuno. Each weapon will run you like 2-2.5 mil from buying the items he requests from the Auction House. Skirmish can also be a good way to get some nice gears but not a lot of people do the older Skirmish which you need to get base weapons and armors though you can solo them with trusts if you wanted to.

If you need Gil its very easy to make it. Just do Dynamis, Salvage II and Voidwatch. Voidwatch is particularly great because it's fast and you also get merit points which you need to buy KIs for the fights to upgrade artifact and relic to 119.

Hope that helps.

I haven't been able to login at all today. So much for my prime time to dyna farm!

very good day, my first day getting going with friends I cleared shark and bee, cleared tojil a few days later. Im drowning in high end gear I dont even need now
Haha, yeah everyone in our group besides a couple of my friends who recently returned, and myself, had all been there numerous times. They made it clear that they didn't want any of the drops lol.

We'll probably do tier 2 this weekend, but my friend who organizes a lot of the Delve runs on Fenrir says it's a lot more challenging so we may have to have better job setups. We'll see.

I haven't been able to login at all today. So much for my prime time to dyna farm!

Haha, yeah everyone in our group besides a couple of my friends who recently returned, and myself, had all been there numerous times. They made it clear that they didn't want any of the drops lol.

We'll probably do tier 2 this weekend, but my friend who organizes a lot of the Delve runs on Fenrir says it's a lot more challenging so we may have to have better job setups. We'll see.

The thing with Delve II is that you can't stunlock all the dangerous stuff, and they all have pretty nasty AoE.

Boss★Moogle;124507022 said:
The reason the gears are so powerful is because SE decided not to increase the level cap and decided instead to increase our levels through gear. New high level gears have an iLevel (item Level) rating on them now with the maximum currently available being iLevel 119. So basically when you wear all iLevel 119 gear it's the equivalent to being level 119.

You should probably get those RoE gears to start so you can do Reives and farm bayld. Once you have bayld you can start doing Wildskeeper Reives and get the iLevel 115 gears that drop from there and augment them. They are better than the 117 RoE gears. Also with bayld you can buy much better 117 gears from the Peacekeepers Coalition (Gorney +1, Shneddick +1 Weatherspoon +1). Once you have a good combination of those gears you can start working on upgrading your Artifact and Relic armors to 119 and getting 119 delve gear. For weapons, the 117 RoE ones are very decent to start with, If you have some Gil though, you can easily make 119 weapons right away from the npc Oboro in Port Jeuno. Each weapon will run you like 2-2.5 mil from buying the items he requests from the Auction House. Skirmish can also be a good way to get some nice gears but not a lot of people do the older Skirmish which you need to get base weapons and armors though you can solo them with trusts if you wanted to.

If you need Gil its very easy to make it. Just do Dynamis, Salvage II and Voidwatch. Voidwatch is particularly great because it's fast and you also get merit points which you need to buy KIs for the fights to upgrade artifact and relic to 119.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. I haven't picked up the latest expansion yet, so I'll probably focus on the Sparks for now. Is Abyssea still the best xp 76-99?

hitgirl

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/In_Defiant_Challenge

Lists the exact location for all three sets of ???

Wheeeeee!

Also GDI SE! I went through a LOT of trouble to avoid that spoiler!

UGH!

I do have to pack and spend my points tonight, but if anyone wants to do mad SoA mission catch up, I can help with the fights BECAUSE OMG I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO BE BEHIND TWO CHAPTERS.

And SE seems to love doing these story updates on days I'm traveling!

I went there and saw nothing. Maybe Im just not getting the pressure plate thing, Ill have pan help me.

Seigyoku

Reminder to everyone (MYSELF INCLUDED) - Spend your July Login Campaign points tonight!

And note that +2 items are NOT in the August one!

EDIT: OMG I AM NO LONGER A JUNIOR!

Where can I go to level at 35? I'm in Lower Delkfutt's Tower and EXP is slow for me.

I did page 2 in Lower Delkfutt until the mobs were too weak then I moved too Upper Delkfutt and did the Giga x6 page 1 until Lv50. Went to Crawler's Nest and did page 1 > page 2 > page 4 until about Lv 63

Leunam

Jumped back in today, hopefully for a good long while.

Currently working on CoP, but I thought I'd take a break and gather all the trusts I can. Are there any trusts that are clearly better than others? I'll probably be sticking to DRK/SAM the whole time if that matters, and I assume it does. As of now, I only have the Bastok trusts.

EDIT: Volker and Ayame shit on Naji the second I summoned them. Awesome.

Jumped back in today, hopefully for a good long while.

Currently working on CoP, but I thought I'd take a break and gather all the trusts I can. Are there any trusts that are clearly better than others? I'll probably be sticking to DRK/SAM the whole time if that matters, and I assume it does. As of now, I only have the Bastok trusts.

EDIT: Volker and Ayame shit on Naji the second I summoned them. Awesome.

Gadalar x Shantotto x Coffin for me usually. I'll replace Gadalar if his nukes become too much of a nuisance but when I exp I'm never fighting anything that takes too long to kill so adds aren't a problem.

Profound sadness :( So do I just buy/dl it through playonline?

Amazon or steam. You'll get a download of the full game, install from that, register you code on the SE account site, and you'll get anything you don't have yet added to your account. Bonus items like hat and shirt are registered separately.

Leunam

What should I spend sparks on? The Greatsword isn't better than my Crobaci +1 and the armor doesn't outclass my Skirmish (Cizin) gear. Rem's tale chapters?

Some thoughts on my first two days back in the game:

After reading up on the things added over the last couple of years I decided to solo a small NM Skirmish. Felt really good as the last NM died with under a minute to go. After getting booted I checked my inventory to see my spoils and... shit. I guess I should've done a little more reading as I had no idea about the key that gets added to your inventory after you complete the main objective. 30 minutes down the drain.

I have to stay I'm still at a loss for how powerful the 117 Spark armor and weapons are. I was able to pick up a full set and weapon right off the bat from tutorial Records of Eminence and a few others. I spent a lot of today researching 119 artifact and relic pieces for my PUP and I guess I'll get on that next. I'll be starting from scratch on those so we'll see how it goes.

Decided to start getting some Dynamis KIs so I went into Bastok this morning. Steamrolled my way to the boss and it cast Death on me when it was almost dead. Note to self: bring reraise next time. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

There's still so much I want to try. Unfortunately without a Linkshell I'm limited to soloing with Trusts at the moment. So now I'm trying to figure out what's soloable or not. If anyone can let me know if any these are soloable I'd appreciate it:

Voidalker NMs. Never messed with it a bit.
High Tier Misson Battlefields
BCNMs with relevlant crafting materials or useful gear.

I'm pretty much running on trial and error at this point. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be the abundance of info about this game that there was back when I used to play.

Husker86

Are magian trial weapons something I should be concentrating on?

I was always confused as hell about them when they first came out but I finally kinda figured out the flow.

I think I want to go the multi-attack katana route (gettin NIN to cap first before my PLD so I can use it to farm Dynamis).

Are trial weapons basically the best you can do for more solo-oriented people?

Husker86

You will never finish a Magian weapon soloing.

Good point.

Considering I'm already tired of this waiting around having to kill the same NM multiple times, I don't think trial weapons are for me haha. I came back because waiting around was supposed to be reduced!

I mainly wanted weapons for the leveling until 99 (I haven't done Abyssea so it will be a while before I get 99)

B.K.

Considering I'm already tired of this waiting around having to kill the same NM multiple times, I don't think trial weapons are for me haha.

It's not even that. With later trials, you'll have to kill Voidwatch NMs multiple times and you'll need dozens of drop items from Abyssea megabosses. It's impossible to do a full Magian weapon solo.

Husker86

It's not even that. With later trials, you'll have to kill Voidwatch NMs multiple times and you'll need dozens of drop items from Abyssea megabosses. It's impossible to do a full Magian weapon solo.

I think I need to just suck it up and try to join some Abyssea groups.

I just tried to solo in there again and realize I have no idea how exp works in there...at least good exp.

Top Bottom