• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2014 |OT| Kumhau, The Blackthorne Coven, and the Mog Wardrobe.

Reveirg

I was really amazed at how easier a lot of the content is compared to 5+ years ago...

...then I spent FIVE hours non-stop trying to get a Zvahl coffer key for PLD AF3, no success. This game hasn't changed THAT much after all >_>

Loving the A+ing of most jobs'primary weapon skill rating - except PUP, what the hell, A should have been enough, that's MNK's tur, and I'm not sure a few extra Martial Arts ranks make that much of a difference when PUP have magic damage added to their arsenal...

The new shuriken passive for NINs looks pretty interesting too, as do the blue magic tweaks.

I guess Atomos is what we can get from the new WotG quest they announced?...

Pup still has some major disadvantages gear wise, like being attack starved, and having to get any and all attack oriented traits from subjobs. Mnk will still win out unless the mnk sucks.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Is this finally the Lilisette Trust I sense coming? Give me Ragelise too!

Might finally hop onto the Adoulin Missions soon now that I'm just about finished everything else except Captain Mercenary rank and just need an Adamantoise Egg for my Black Belt. Is ilvl 117 sufficient for Story, or will I need to gear up?

B.K.

Is there a video walkthrough of CoP 8-2 anywhere? The wiki and BG wiki don't have very good walkthroughs for it.

SilverArrow20XX

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/A_Fate_Decided

I didn't really bother trying to follow the walkthrough part of the page. Just use the maps and follow the yellow line. It's a bit annoying without the Map of the area (Which I got while doing this mission). Definitely one of the more time consuming dungeon crawls, but with modern gear, you'll be in no danger of dying. Don't know of any videos though.

B.K.

I finally figured it out after staring at the map for a while. The directions on the wiki sucked. They were no help.

B.K.

Just defeated the final boss of Chains of Promathia. I've got to wait until Japanese midnight now to get the last cutscenes of story to end the last mission.

SilverArrow20XX

That'll be a nice warm up to get you ready for Treasures of Japanese Midnight. I think they may have removed a lot of those restrictions there though since I only see 5 on the wiki and when I ran it there were about 14.

kch

I'm thinking of buying the ultimate collection when it goes on sale next, probably during steam autumn sale. I know they changed a lot to make solo leveling easier and such but have they made fame easier to gain? I was thinking of going for NIN but the thought of turning in ore x100 to get fame for the scrolls is kinda killing my buzz haha.

edit* Does the Sylph LS have any people active during EU playtimes? My old char is on Bahamut now I think, after the merge. I think I left him with around 1mil in gil and some decent gear but it's all lv 75 stuff so guess that won't matter much anyway, should I decide to just start anew.

I'm thinking of buying the ultimate collection when it goes on sale next, probably during steam autumn sale. I know they changed a lot to make solo leveling easier and such but have they made fame easier to gain? I was thinking of going for NIN but the thought of turning in ore x100 to get fame for the scrolls is kinda killing my buzz haha.

edit* Does the Sylph LS have any people active during EU playtimes? My old char is on Bahamut now I think, after the merge. I think I left him with around 1mil in gil and some decent gear but it's all lv 75 stuff so guess that won't matter much anyway, should I decide to just start anew.

Fame is easier to get now. It's not as crazy, but you should still anticipate a moderate grind for it if you're spamming one quest over and over (do multiple). Also ores and yagudo necklaces stack now.

We have a couple people who are around on EU time. Plus those of us on EST play late on the weekends.

More QoL changes! I like the new map icons.

Quality of Life Improvements
13165.jpg

A new thread has been created in the Updates section of the official forums.

[dev1236] Quality of Life Improvements

kch

Fame is easier to get now. It's not as crazy, but you should still anticipate a moderate grind for it if you're spamming one quest over and over (do multiple). Also ores and yagudo necklaces stack now.

We have a couple people who are around on EU time. Plus those of us on EST play late on the weekends.

Yeah I understand that grinds will happen but if they toned it down a bit it would be a warm welcome change :)

Sounds good maybe I'll just start on Sylph then if I decide to dive in again. Thanks for the answers!

Seigyoku

Yeah I understand that grinds will happen but if they toned it down a bit it would be a warm welcome change :)

While I haven't attempted Norg fame again (though I do have a character holding a ton of zinc ores), I can tell you that city fame definitely got tweaked a lot. Had a mule in Sandy turning in flint stones that had been at level 4 for a while. Got around to turning in some more stones, when to check fame... level 9. Threshold is much lower now. Just need the time and energy to run them to Jeuno as they ALSO lowered the fame requirements for the gobbiebag quests!

kch

While I haven't attempted Norg fame again (though I do have a character holding a ton of zinc ores), I can tell you that city fame definitely got tweaked a lot. Had a mule in Sandy turning in flint stones that had been at level 4 for a while. Got around to turning in some more stones, when to check fame... level 9. Threshold is much lower now. Just need the time and energy to run them to Jeuno as they ALSO lowered the fame requirements for the gobbiebag quests!

Cheers for the info! Sounds way better than it used to be.

ZetaEpyon

I'm back from Japan and Hong Kong, and what better time for a version update.

The October Version Update Has Hit the Shores! (10/06/2014)

Explore a glimpse into the future with a new Wings of the Goddess-related quest, A Forbidden Reunion, and test your mettle against old foes with high-tier avatar battlefields!

Enjoy some quality of life adjustments with an increase in available equipment sets and the ability to store skirmish stores with Divainy-Gamainy, and try your hand at content both old and new with job adjustments, some changes to Walk of Echoes, and much, much more!

Read on for the version update details!

High-tier avatar battles, Atomos avatar, Lilisette trust, job adjustments, and quality of life fixes - huzzah!

Seigyoku

As is my new (terrible) tradition, I woke up just in time for the Freshly-Pickled livestream and once again attempted to watch it on my iPad while hiding under the covers. (I am not a morning person.) Mind you, despite four years of college Japanese, two trips to Japan and working for a decade in an industry where I get to hear Japanese every day, I'm still pretty terrible at understanding Japanese (faaaaiiil). I can stumble through reading some.

So my blurry, half-asleep recollections before they post the official summary:

1. They showed a CS with Lil.
2. Mastui summoned her and boy she flips a lot.
3. Matsui summoned Karaha-Baruha (who will be in login campaign 16 per the e-mail this morning) and he umm, well he melees with a staff and he cast... something?? I was tired.
4. Mastui then summoned Star Sybil, so there may be some bonus when they are summoned together. >.>
5. Mocchi and Matsui attempted the HQ Garuda Prime fight (on Very Easy). It was silly, I apparently passed out for a while there.
6. They rattled off more update stuff and went over every job adjustment blah blah.

(Forgot to mention Matsui was wearing a terribly distracting periodic table shirt.)

7. They once again had a chair scramble as Fujito came out to talk about his stuff (Garden I assume, I was getting seriously distracted by the shirt.)
8. Mocchi held up the "November Update" page - which I actually was awake enough to screencap:
SoA Mission Climax!
Something new they talked about briefly called Unity Concorde.
And moooore - which I heard them talk about Job points.
9. Then there was some serious musical chairs as the young lady whose name I have now failed to pick up twice came on to talk about future events:
Another (?) Welcome back campaign, in November, seems like it is starting on 11/11 (JST) because OF COURSE.
10. They then went back to showing game stuff, Matsui put on a MANDY SUIT - which seems to be related to the campaign. It was of course adorable on a Taru as he was almost the same size as a real Mandy anyway. I'm sure Galkas will look insane.
11. And then (still dressed up) Matsui summoned Babban so our little Mandy Freelancer is going to be our first monster trust.
12. And then they held up a sign about other events, looks like our Halloween/Harvest festival will be from 10/21 to 11/4 (JST) and there will be some kind of a Surge WoE event 10/17-10/21 (JST).

tl;dr - There will be a Madragora Suit and pan has flipped out.

Don't suppose anyone on Sylph has 30x 100 bynes sitting around? I'm getting pretty close to 70/100 and would obviously be able to give them right back once borrowed (and be forever grateful!).

Is there any place that would summarize the updates that have happened Seekers of Adoulin came out? I quit almost a week before the expansion and I'm really considering coming back to this. Right now its between 11 and 14. I'm really interested in Rune Fencer. How is it as a job? Would it take me ages to get up to snuff? Do people consider it gimp?

I have a well equipped for its time SAM with an 85 Masamune, NIN with an 80 Kannagi, and a BST with a lvl 80 Farsha. I also have full Neo-Nyzul sets, was working on Salvage gear, and have a very well equiped BLM and RDM. I was on the Fenrir server as well. Would I be able to catch up on content with the lower lvl delve missions? I'd most likely be all on my own. Is it worth coming back at all just for Rune Fencer? Or should I just move on to 14 and try that? If anyone could give me a recap since then that'd be great.

I'm getting a new laptop soon (HP Pavilion, AMD A10 with 6gig DRAM) so I was considering it. It's got HDMI out so I can enjoy 11 on a big screen again.

I've been watching some youtube videos and Rune Fencer looks like a lot of fun. I want be a magic tank lol

Is there any place that would summarize the updates that have happened Seekers of Adoulin came out? I quit almost a week before the expansion and I'm really considering coming back to this. Right now its between 11 and 14. I'm really interested in Rune Fencer. How is it as a job? Would it take me ages to get up to snuff? Do people consider it gimp?

I have a well equipped for its time SAM with an 85 Masamune, NIN with an 80 Kannagi, and a BST with a lvl 80 Farsha. I also have full Neo-Nyzul sets, was working on Salvage gear, and have a very well equiped BLM and RDM. I was on the Fenrir server as well. Would I be able to catch up on content with the lower lvl delve missions? I'd most likely be all on my own. Is it worth coming back at all just for Rune Fencer? Or should I just move on to 14 and try that? If anyone could give me a recap since then that'd be great.

I'm getting a new laptop soon (HP Pavilion, AMD A10 with 6gig DRAM) so I was considering it. It's got HDMI out so I can enjoy 11 on a big screen again.

I've been watching some youtube videos and Rune Fencer looks like a lot of fun. I want be a magic tank lol

Pretty much the OP of this very thread has all the landmarks. A bunch of us play on Sylph, come there. You will have some work to do in the form of coalition assignments and other adoulin content before being delve ready.

After two-ish months of doing Dynamis almost every day (yeaaahhhhh), I finally completed my Annihilator today!

Now to do all the trials to make it useful :D

Official site was updated with a bunch of details on Unity Concord, among other things. I'll make a real post about it later but go check it out, it seems neat.

Alright folks, there's some interesting stuff coming up and here's the details:

Announcing the November Version Update!
13228.jpg

The next version update is scheduled to hit the servers in early November!

This update is packed to the brim with content for every type of player, with top billing going to the thrilling conclusion to the Seekers of Adoulin missions! What fate awaits the sacred city during this unprecedented moment of crisis?

If you find communal activities to be more to your liking, you'll want to take a look at the new Unity Concord system and the ability to hire an NPC to distribute linkpearls for you. Also hot off the presses are new rankings for Monster Rearing and some additional job adjustments.

Get your hard hats ready!

Unravel the Tangled Web of Adoulin's Main Scenario with a Relationship Chart on the Seekers of Adoulin Website!
13240.jpg

Weave your way through the twists and turns of the Seekers of Adoulin main scenario with a newly released relationship chart on the official Seekers of Adoulin website.

The first two entries are now available with additions coming down the pipeline soon!

Head over and check it out!

And here's the big one, Unity Concord, which looks like something similar to Grand Companies for FFXI.

A New System, Unity Concord, Will Be Added
13237.jpg

[dev1237] Unity Concord

IHOP will be going with Naja as long as the NPC choice is strictly cosmetic.

ZetaEpyon

SE is dropping a slew of campaigns on us again, some of which are important to note.
11/11 is a day to celebrate FINAL FANTASY XI! Feast your eyes on two limited-time campaigns! (10/28/2014)

We're bringing you two fresh campaigns in celebration of 11/11 and with thanks for all the work you've done making Vana'diel a brighter place.

Read on for details on the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign.

Read on for details on the Discount Campaign.

FORMER PLAYERS
If you've played in the past, but aren't right now, the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign is the one you care about.
This campaign means that you again can play for FREE from November 10th through November 17th.
There are some requirements if you haven't played in a really long time, so make sure you check out the link for the full details.

The discount campaign will let you get all of the latest expansions at a greatly reduced price. You can also transfer servers (we're on Sylph) at half the normal cost.
"Seekers of Adoulin" Expansion Pack
$29.99 -> $4.99
* 83% off the ordinary retail price

FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition
$39.99 -> $9.99
*75% off the ordinary retail price

World Transfer Service
$18.00 -> $9.00
* 50% off the ordinary price

The next eleven (yes, eleven) campaigns are more relevant to everyone, new and old alike:
Announcing Another Idyllic Vana'diel Initiative (10/28/2014)

Not content with the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign and Adventurer Appreciation Campaign commencing on November 10, we are pleased to announce the return of the Idyllic Vana'diel Intiative, where we have a whopping eleven different campaigns on offer!
Take your time in Vana'diel to all new heights!

Campaign Period: Monday, November 10, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. (PST) to Tuesday, November 25 at 6:00 a.m.

Read on for details.
This one has some cool stuff in it that everyone can enjoy for two weeks:

• Free stuff from Green Mog Pell and Gobbiebox
  • Double Experience Points
  • Double Capacity Points
  • Cheaper wildskeeper reives and additional rewards
  • Meeble Burrows boosts
  • Mog Gardens enhancements
  • Free cruor and good atmas for Abyssea, if you don't have them
  • Double skirmish part drop rate and improved rewards
and best of all...
  • The return of several limited time Trust NPCs
If you missed them before, now is your chance!

Finally, for everyone with an active paid account during the required timeframe, there's one additional campaign.
Announcing the Adventurer Appreciation Campaign! (10/28/2014)

Get your bags in order, stalwart adventurers, for those who had active PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI service accounts via a SQUARE ENIX account between September 1, 2014, and October 31 will be receiving some lovely in-game items!

Read on for details.

The Red Mog Pell you get from this can be used to get nice stuff like stacks of skirmish upgrade stones and tier 4 skirmish parts. In the previous campaign, we got one red pell per character, not per account, so I'd assume this will be the same.

Arzehn

Discount Campaign

Throught the campaign, downloadable versions of the "Seekers of Adoulin" Expansion Pack and the FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition, together with the world transfer service, are available at discounted prices. Vana'diel is a living, breathing world that has expanded over time. Take this chance to get each expansion pack and experience the land of Altana in all its glory!

Monday, November 10, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. (PST) to Tuesday, September 25 at 6:59 a.m.
* Note that the Discount Campaign ends at a different time than the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign.

Fees and Pricing
"Seekers of Adoulin" Expansion Pack
Digital Download
$29.99 -> $4.99
* 83% off the ordinary retail price

FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition
Digital Download
$39.99 -> $9.99
*75% off the ordinary retail price

Head to the SQUARE ENIX e-STORE

Anyone else confused by the date here? What the hell does "November 10, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. (PST) to Tuesday, September 25 at 6:59 a.m" mean. Is this discount campaign going to last for almost a year?

I ask because I saw someone who said they took advantage of the discount campaign already on Reddit, yet I still see the prices at only 25% (not 75%) off right now in the SE Store. I assumed it started on the 10th of Nov.

There was a post on the OF about this, the dates are messed up.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...mpaign-Time-frame-correct?p=530077#post530077

The correct end time is Tuesday the 25th of November

ok thx

Anyone else confused by the date here? What the hell does "November 10, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. (PST) to Tuesday, September 25 at 6:59 a.m" mean. Is this discount campaign going to last for almost a year?

I ask because I saw someone who said they took advantage of the discount campaign already on Reddit, yet I still see the prices at only 25% (not 75%) off right now in the SE Store. I assumed it started on the 10th of Nov.

There was a post on the OF about this, the dates are messed up.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...mpaign-Time-frame-correct?p=530077#post530077

The correct end time is Tuesday the 25th of November

ZetaEpyon

Also this is not the first time they've done this discount campaign, so perhaps that person got in on the first time it was offered.

Did they ever rework the UI?

I remember they're were working on it.

This is complicated. When they announced it they showed a mock up that was basically a non functional target for how they wanted it to look maybe. They tried actually DOING it and realized it wasn't really working very well, dumped it on the rest server, no one liked it because it was awful and woefully incomplete, and no one has heard anything since they stopped doing the test server. On the other hand, the improvements and QoL adjustments to the existing UI have been amazing, so I'm not exactly complaining. I do believe it will still come, but not for a while, and probably not until it's actually finished.

Rawk Hawk

FORMER PLAYERS
If you've played in the past, but aren't right now, the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign is the one you care about.

This campaign means that you again can play for FREE from November 10th through November 17th.
There are some requirements if you haven't played in a really long time, so make sure you check out the link for the full details.

Think I may bite and try the game out for a week again. I have to leave town before the week is over, but maybe be roaming vana'diel for a couple days during this week.

Seigyoku

For anyone who wants to do the Return Home Campaign - if you never linked your POL account to a Square Enix one, I think you have to do it by TODAY to be eligible for the campaign.

Just an FYI.

Rawk Hawk

For anyone who wants to do the Return Home Campaign - if you never linked your POL account to a Square Enix one, I think you have to do it by TODAY to be eligible for the campaign.

Just an FYI.

Thanks, I hadn't done this. Logged on to squares site and am transferring my POL account now. I believe I purchased a version of this game on Steam a while ago, planning on just reinstalling that client to play.

Update day: Monday, November 10th. The end of Seekers of Adoulin missions.

Promotional Video for the November Version Update! (11/04/2014)
13282.jpg

The next version update is scheduled for a Monday, November 10th (JST) release.

Head to the forums to read up on all the content that will be added!

Take a look at the promotional video for the November version update!

Akihiko_Matsui said:
[NA]Details on the Upcoming Version Update!
Hello, adventurers of Vana’diel! Matsui here.

I’d like to give you all a preview of the content slated for the November version update.

The upcoming version update welcomes the epic conclusion to the Seekers of Adoulin storyline.

The event team has poured all their energy into creating amazing cutscenes for you all to enjoy, and they truly went all out and did some special things for Arciela’s expressions. Additionally, the ending music is a very fitting song that was created by Naoshi Mizuta. I hope you all check out the conclusion to this magnificent storyline!

We’ll also be continuing to add content and quests for Seekers of Adoulin, even after the conclusion, so you can all enjoy the storyline even more!

Another large element we are adding in the November version update is the “Unity Concord” system.

For Unity we are aiming to create something that is stronger than the nations you belong to and a bit looser of a connection than what you have with linkshells. We want this to be something that players can use to play with and communicate with others.

As a part of this new feature, we will be implementing a new battle system known as “Wanted” where you can fight against high-tier versions of existing NMs, and we will also be adding Unity-related objectives to Records of Eminence. Moving forward we’ll continue to add various new elements, and we are looking forward to receiving your feedback.

Additionally, as another way to foster our community, we’ve created the “Linkshell Concierge”. This is a new system where an NPC will distribute linkpearls for you, and we hope it comes into good use for invigorating existing linkshells. We’ll be looking forward to your feedback on this as well!

In addition to all of the things I’ve mentioned thus far, we will also be adding NMs to certain Adoulin areas, unlocking rank 2 for Monster Rearing, adjusting both beastmaster and summoner, and much, much more.

Speaking of all of this content, we’ve put together a trailer to show it all off. We even used a portion of the Seekers of Adoulin ending song during the mission segment, so please be sure to take a look.

Finally, I have an announcement.
As many of you who frequent PlayOnline.com may have already seen, from Tuesday, November 11 (JST) we will be holding the Return Home to Vana’diel Campaign once again, as well as various other special campaigns. We’ve prepared a whole line of campaigns so that players who are returning can join up with the current adventurers and have a good time. I hope you and your friends enjoy adventuring in Vana’diel!

Among the items scheduled for implementation with this version update, there are still some that are currently in testing. Please keep in mind that we may remove certain items from this implementation list in the event that bugs take an unintentionally long time to fix or balancing issues occur during the development process.

Details are at the link above because their tabular format is a pain to repurpose.

Sgblues

We should be able to at least have 3-4 of those rings out of the 12, I was gonna say 6 but that's too much, even 4 might be stretching it a bit but only being able to choose 1 is kinda lame.

For those wondering what's up, Adoulin rewards were announced, and they are crazy.

The final chapter in the Seekers of Adoulin main scenario will be added.
(11/07/2014)

13289.jpg

[dev1241] The final chapter in the Seekers of Adoulin main scenario will be added.

Also, new login campaign:

The November 2014 Login Campain Descends Upon Us Soon! (11/07/2014)
13292.jpg

The November login campaign will be held during the following period.

Campaign Period: Monday, November 10, 2014 at 7:00 a.m. (PST) to Tuesday, December 2 at 6:00 a.m.

Receive login points each day just for saying hello to the citizens of Vana'diel, and exchange them for various in-game rewards!

If you are logged in when the campaign begins, you must either relog or change areas in order to receive your points.

Read on for information on how to participate and for a list of items available in the November 2014 Login Campaign.

Seigyoku

Pan.

Are you ok?

Because you haven't made an entire post devoted to Sunshine Seekers AKA MANDIES! MANDIES FOR PAN! PAN WILL BE A MANDY WITH MANDY GEAR AND SUMMON A MANDY TRUST AND THEN HAVE LYCOS FOLLOW THEM.

Was it all too much for you?

Pan.

Are you ok?

Because you haven't made an entire post devoted to Sunshine Seekers AKA MANDIES! MANDIES FOR PAN! PAN WILL BE A MANDY WITH MANDY GEAR AND SUMMON A MANDY TRUST AND THEN HAVE LYCOS FOLLOW THEM.

Was it all too much for you?

I'm still overwhelmed.

Top Bottom