• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2014 |OT| Kumhau, The Blackthorne Coven, and the Mog Wardrobe.

ZetaEpyon

It is once again update day!
The November Version Update Has Emerged from the Depths of Ra'Kaznar! (11/09/2014)

Team up with Arciela in the final chapter of the Seekers of Adoulin mission or make new friends with Unity Concord!

Should that not be enough, feast your eyes on new linkshell-distributing linkshell concierges, a second Monster Rearing rank, new sections in Seekers of Adoulin dungeons, job adjustments, and oodles more!

Read on for details.

Things of Note in This Update
  • The final Seekers of Adoulin missions and your choice of the sexy, sexy rewards:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php
  • Addition of the Unity Concord system
  • Newly unlocked areas in several Adoulin zones
  • Job adjustments for Beastmaster and Summoner
  • Linkshell concierge service for distributing linkpearls
  • A new rank for monster rearing, as well as new pet monster types
  • Start of the November login campaign
  • Mandragora trust (don't hyperventilate, Pan)
  • Lots of other smaller stuff - see the update notes for full details
Additionally...
The Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign starts tonight.

For former players, as I said before, this campaign means that you again can play for FREE from November 10th through November 17th.

Loona

Isn't the free campaign supposed to have already started?
When i try to login it complains, saying that I need to reactivate, so it's not even letting me download the updates.

I cancelled because of the SNK lawsuit - I love FFXI, but I'm not giving SE money as long as they're being asses to the wronged party in that mess.

I figured I'd at least try to get some glimpses at the final parts of SoA since the free campaign came up...

ZetaEpyon

Isn't the free campaign supposed to have already started?
When i try to login it complains, saying that I need to reactivate, so it's not even letting me download the updates.

I cancelled because of the SNK lawsuit - I love FFXI, but I'm not giving SE money as long as they're being asses to the wronged party in that mess.

I figured I'd at least try to get some glimpses at the final parts of SoA since the free campaign came up...

You need an active Square-Enix/FFXI service account. You do not need active content IDs.
I'm guessing that when you cancelled, you probably deactivated the SE or FFXI service account.

With that said, if that's the case, I'm not sure you'll be able to log in. See the notes at the bottom here:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/index.html

Loona

You need an active Square-Enix/FFXI service account. You do not need active content IDs.
I'm guessing that when you cancelled, you probably deactivated the SE or FFXI service account.

With that said, if that's the case, I'm not sure you'll be able to log in. See the notes at the bottom here:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/index.html

I can still log in to the SE account site, and my character appears there as a cancelled option (just checked), so I expect the broader account is active, just not the character/option.

but yeah, checking the site again, turns out I'm illegible - I guess the Return Home thing is mostly for people who've been away for so long they never migrated their accounts away from Playonline to the accounts site...

ZetaEpyon

I can still log in to the SE account site, and my character appears there as a cancelled option (just checked), so I expect the broader account is active, just not the character/option.

but yeah, checking the site again, turns out I'm illegible - I guess the Return Home thing is mostly for people who've been away for so long they never migrated their accounts away from Playonline to the accounts site...

I'd log in and check what my stuff looks like, but my authenticator is at home. With that said, I don't think the second bit is true. Having an account that was migrated from POL to SE account is a requirement for eligibility.

I haven't tried yet with this campaign, but with the last one I was able to log in on my second inactive account without problems, and that definitely was migrated way back when the option was first added.

Carlisle

Just logged back in for the first time in an age thanks to the return campaign. Man have things changed. In Valkurm Dunes and not a soul in sight, haha. Looks like I've gotta start figuring out where people went and what they're doing now.

Excited to get to play again though. So much nostalgia

B.K.

Just logged back in for the first time in an age thanks to the return campaign. Man have things changed. In Valkurm Dunes and not a soul in sight, haha. Looks like I've gotta start figuring out where people went and what they're doing now.

Excited to get to play again though. So much nostalgia

What sever?

B.K.

What kind of Delve items did they add to Wildskeeper Reives for the event? Is it just synthesis materials or did they add equipment drops, too? I got a Bztavian Stinger last night from Colkhab and sold it on the ah for 1.6 million gil.

ZetaEpyon

What kind of Delve items did they add to Wildskeeper Reives for the event? Is it just synthesis materials or did they add equipment drops, too? I got a Bztavian Stinger last night from Colkhab and sold it on the ah for 1.6 million gil.

Pretty sure it's just the synthesis items, I haven't heard of anyone getting the equipment drops.

In other news, I can totally tank the hell out of the WKRs on RUN now. Awesome.

B.K.

In other news, I can totally tank the hell out of the WKRs on RUN now. Awesome.

Let's go kill Yumcax!

Would it be possible to solo 1-1-1 Outer Ra'kaznar Skirmish? I need wings to +1 my Cizin gear. I can buy some with my Red Mog Pells, but it's not going to be enough to buy KIs to +1 the full set.

ZetaEpyon

Yumcax would probably be sticky due to AoE doom, but I would think the others would probably be ok. Last night I just sat there face to face with Kumhau for pretty much the whole fight.

Not sure on soloing 1-1-1 Ra'ka skirmish, but my guess is that you'd probably need to be already geared pretty well do to it. Those NMs can be pretty nasty.

Yumcax would probably be sticky due to AoE doom, but I would think the others would probably be ok. Last night I just sat there face to face with Kumhau for pretty much the whole fight.

Not sure on soloing 1-1-1 Ra'ka skirmish, but my guess is that you'd probably need to be already geared pretty well do to it. Those NMs can be pretty nasty.

BK: try posting a thread on the gw forum to plan a day for some raka. I have some 3-3-3 pops.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
A few spoiler-free words on the SoA expansion missions, now its (mostly) finished.

TLDR; is that its really, really good imho.

Size-wise its probably closest to ToAU but it actually resembles CoP most closely in feeling like a self-contained FF title embedded within the larger structure of an MMO.

Difficulty-wise its a huge step down from previous expansions at least in comparison to average player-level at the time of its release. 3 players with a balanced set of jobs should be able to win every fight fairly comfortably when supported by 3 trust npcs.

This could be considered disappointing, but the upside is that it makes the expansion a lot more convenient to enjoy as a linear stand-alone story than any before it. This really serves it well as although its a pretty standard FF tale, its got likeable, memorable characters and a truly despicable villain to face off against at the end.

It also does a really good job of expanding the lore of the Adoulin region both historically and as a context to the various events and features on offer. As a whole I was impressed by how tidily everything is connected in both a geographical and fictional sense.

It kind of goes without saying but Naoshi Mizuta's soundtrack is stellar throughout and fully deserving of the extended musical coda finale that hasn't been used since CoP's legendary "Distant Words" finale.

B.K.

There's a windower plugin that raises the framerate limit to 60fps.

It's safe to use? I did a little Googling, not much though, and found posts about it from last year and people were afraid it could affect recast time and get people banned.

Edit: I just discovered FFXIdb. It's a great plugin. The game needs a minimap. The only problem is that it's in a bad place. Does anyone know how to move it? I typed //ffxidb, but everything disappears too quickly for me to write down the commands.

Kandinsky

It's safe to use? I did a little Googling, not much though, and found posts about it from last year and people were afraid it could affect recast time and get people banned.

Edit: I just discovered FFXIdb. It's a great plugin. The game needs a minimap. The only problem is that it's in a bad place. Does anyone know how to move it? I typed //ffxidb, but everything disappears too quickly for me to write down the commands.

Oh I didnt think about that, it sure was nice D:

ZetaEpyon

As far as I know it should be pretty safe, it just takes advantage of the variable framerate that they added when they changed how fishing works. I don't use it for anything serious, but the only oddity that I've noticed is that the animations slow way down in heavy traffic areas - might be due to my graphics settings though. From what I know though, it still looks normal to anyone else around you.

As for the ffxidb minimap, just drag it to wherever you want. It'll remember its position for the next time you start it up.

You can press insert to bring up the console and see what all that stuff said. And what talym said about dragging.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Just grabbed the Moogle Trust with this month's Red Mog Pell. Hope we get a 3rd one soon so I can grab Fablinix. Then I'll just be missing Mumor. Can't believe I forgot to get her.

B.K.

What's a good area and RoE combination for grinding Job Points and Sparks? I'm getting bored of Moh Gates.

creid

Anyone else collecting the Pictlogica pixel boards? I still need Stoic, Wizardess, and Princess, have a few to trade.

B.K.

I wonder how we'll get Superior gear in tomorrow's update. Knowing Square Enix, we'll have to buy each piece for 40-50 JP each.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Oooh. Rughadjeen. It's about time we got him as a Trust. We've had all the other Serpent Generals for quite a while now.

B.K.

I like that they made more maps buyable this update. I'll have to go get some, when I finally get updated.

Top Bottom