• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

njean777

Well I was going to give up on the albino lobo, but I just woke up and started playing and low and behold I said I will give it 30 more minutes of grinding to see if it shows up, and not even 10 minutes in it shows up and I got the crystal first try :). Feels good man.

Delio

I basically reached the point where I couldn't go any further so I went back to Bresha Ruins so I could take the gate to
Sunleth
. Waay too strong for this area ahaha, but I'm so glad I got to see
Snow <3, who's outfit isn't bothering me nearly as much as it initially did. Must be that voice <3 <3 <3
. Anyways, I have this problem with RPGs where I can't run away from battles, so I've spent more time fighting monsters than actually advancing with the story.

Speaking of monsters, who is everyone mainly using as their third party member?

I've been using Chichu as my go-to guy so far. Along with a green Chocobo for healing and a Goblin Chieftain as my tank. Been pretty much coasting along with little trouble.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I've been using Chichu as my go-to guy so far. Along with a green Chocobo for healing and a Goblin Chieftain as my tank. Been pretty much coasting along with little trouble.

Me as well, but replace Goblin Chieftain with Pulsework Gladiator.

RS4-

Is there a list somewhere of all the feral skills? I curious as to what other SEN monsters have as all the SENs function the same outside of feral for the most part.

Reveirg

I'm trying to find the 3
Gigantuar
in
Archylte Steppe
. I only found the one near the
Blue cactuar surrounded by a few cactus.

I've heard you need to find the different ones with different weather patterns, I've tried a few combinations and can't find any...

Ricker

Just defeated Atlas and I'm just seeking clarification on the whole Historia Crux/Time travelling component.

So I unlocked the gates to
Suneleth and Yachis mountain range (sp)
. I noticed it enabled me to choose which location I visit next. Does the story change depending on the order I visit them?

Also, how do I visit Bresha ruins in different time periods and how will this alter things?

Just keep playing,go to Sunleth it will unlock something that will help you with the Bresha Ruins thing...and try and have Serah know Saboteur before Sunleth

RS4-

I'm trying to find the 3
Gigantuar
in
Archylte Steppe

I've heard you need to find the different ones with different weather patterns, I've tried a few combinations and can't find any...

I think that's the only one in that part of the map until you get the uhh, anti-grav? jump so you can cross over to the west side.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm trying to find the 3
Gigantuar
in
Archylte Steppe

If you change the weather to windy, you can find a whirlwind near the locked gate that well get you to the other side.

desu

Cool thanks. From a bit of reading it sounds like you need to be fairly well leveled up to take it on?

Uhm I suppose this depends on where you are in the game? You need to look out for his massive self heal. So you will need to break him and then lift him into the air so you can easily kill him.

Uhm I suppose this depends on where you are in the game? You need to look out for his massive self heal. So you will need to break him and then lift him into the air so you can easily kill him.

I just got past the annoying level where you run into encounters every 2 seconds that you cannot run away from...accadema is it?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
could anyone help me out on the locations/
weather needed in the steppes
needed to catch a green/red/blue chocobo? i want to build a chocobo army :p

I've yet to see a green there, but they can be easily caught elsewhere. Red is at the Ridge area when windy, blue is in the marshes when rainy.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
cool thanks, i assume i'll know the
bridge area
when i see it?

Just wander around near the locked time gate and you should find one. It's called something ridge, I forget the proper name.

qMQm3.png

I don't even know what I'm waiting for

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Does holding L1 actually work? If I keep holding L1, I just keep getting duds, moogles, or chocobos.

I think I unlocked
Vile Peaks
too early cause I only had one wild artifact and I can't seem to do anything in that place because I need to go farther back in time? Idk I can't fight the monster there

desu

Does holding L1 actually work? If I keep holding L1, I just keep getting duds, moogles, or chocobos.

Sure! Honestly, I noticed no difference between really trying to get something by manually doing it or just taping L1 down. If you watch the slot machine, you will see that at some point it really wants you to get 777 ... its really funny.

jimmypython

here is a strategy to build an ultimate racing chocobo.

1. Capture a white chocobo (Oerba, 300AF)
2. Use Potent item to level him to Lv.99
3. Capture a SYN chichu (tons of them in Archylte Steppe)
4. Level him to Lv. 35 (any type item)
5. Infuse the white chocobo with SYN chichu
6. Capture a regular cactuar (in front of the hunter's settlement's gate, Archylte Steppe)
7. Infuse the white chocobo with cactuar

there you go~My chocobo never lost a single race..

jimmypython

Do you get the fragment for total coins won in a single slot sitting or something?

I think the fragment is for lucky coin or something..I bought 10,000 coins for the slot machine and then taped L1 button (-_-||)...after 650 or so turns a dialogue happened and I got the fragment...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I think the fragment is for lucky coin or something..I bought 10,000 coins for the slot machine and tape L1 button (-_-||)...after 650 or so turns a dialogue happened and I got the fragment...

So its not for amount won but a random slot prize? Hm. I'm at turn 1900 and have gotten 4 777s, but immediately after I get them, I get that Bomb enemy looking slot item and victory mode ends.

The card game DLC better be actually fun, Square &#65377;&#65381;&#65439;&#65381;(&#65417;&#1044;`)&#65381;&#65439;&#65381;&#65377;

Mognet

I had a lot of fun during the boss fight with
Vaballathus in Acedamia

Oddly enough, it made me think of Resident Evil.

mudkyp

I have a feeling that I should not be able to defeat
Ochu
before starting Chapter 4. But I did. 30,000 CP is so good!

Ricker

I find the voice acting is pretty awesome in this game...I just looked up who was doing Serah's voice because I think it's great acting and no wonder she is good lol,lots of experience hehe...hats off to Laura Bailey. ;P

RPGCrazied

I find the voice acting is pretty awesome in this game...I just looked up who was doing Serah's voice because I think it's great acting and no wonder she is good lol,lots of experience hehe...hats off to Laura Bailey. ;P

Except Mog. Ugggh. Makes my ears bleed when it talks.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Got my Crystal Edition today. It's a pretty big box, it's actually bigger than the (CE) guide. I'm so glad they actually put in the full OST in a very nice case and it's not stuffed in paper sleeves or something.

Played the game for several hours, I'm now in the area of the demo (towards the end of the demo). I really, really didn't like the first hour or so, easily the worst beginning in series history, but it's gotten a lot better now and I'm very much enjoying the game.

Yasae

Banned
Framerates been pretty noticeable in the retail too (PS3 here). Not complete shit but a bit annoying considering FF13 seemed to run better.
Indeed. The drops are even worse in the 360 version, though no worse than say.. Lost Odyssey. Interesting to note that both versions are the same native res this time around: 720p. Though I have to say, I'd take a slightly lower res if it meant a better framerate (maybe, maybe not.)

The only reason it feels so sloppy is because FF XIII looked just as good and hardly ever had framerate issues.

This will likely end up as one of my favorite FF games simply from a gameplay standpoint.

I don't know that I like it more than XII in this regard, but XIII-2 definitely has the best "traditional" style gameplay.

It's definitely the most "sleek" installment though for sure.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
103 fragments, 30 hours... And I agree, this game is fantastic in regards to gameplay.

Also, lol at Serah at
Sunleth 400AF screaming at flans.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
This will probably be less of an issue later when he's doing more damage before stagger, but for now, Chichu is kind of meh for stronger enemies because they usually get staggered pretty quickly, get launched by Noel, and Chichu only will use Ruin while they are in the air which is weaker than his normal attack.

burgerdog

I don't know that I like it more than XII in this regard, but XIII-2 definitely has the best "traditional" style gameplay.

It's definitely the most "sleek" installment though for sure.

Yup, XII is my favorite. So much to do in that game and I loved how all dungeons had a second half made for end game. The way the world is connected is ace, too.

xion4360

Haven t gotten all fragments yet but ive completed the main quest and have about 103 of the fragments. Already safe to say infinitely more enjoyable than XIII for me, and though I like XIII this really makes it obvious how much I missed all the little things like finding secrets, and exploring hidden locations. Monster catching is obsessive.

I would be very happy for a XIII-3 now that they got the right idea, just need to give it more focus.

see5harp

Just heard the first (and hopefully last) j-pop metal hybrid. What the fuck guys? Hardcore fans think that this is a quality soundtrack? Really? I must say they did a lot better with the quests, the ability to jump around the world map easily, and the ability to run away before the fight begins. Dialogue and animation outside of CG is still pretty weak so far.

burgerdog

You think it's better in those ways than FF10-2?

That's the only game from the ps era that I haven't played, well, I've played it for two hours and then stopped. My 60fat doesn't read discs so I lost my ability to play it there. What got me thinking about it lately was the announcement of X remake/HD uprez, if that sells well, then there should be good chances of X-2 receiving the same treatment, right?

RS4-

Fuck, I keep on forgetting that you can't lock/unlock gates while you're in the Historia Crux in list view.

Wasted 10 minutes looking for something to close the gate when I already had it

Top Bottom