• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Just heard the first (and hopefully last) j-pop metal hybrid. What the fuck guys? Hardcore fans think that this is a quality soundtrack? Really? I must say they did a lot better with the quests, the ability to jump around the world map easily, and the ability to run away before the fight begins. Dialogue and animation outside of CG is still pretty weak so far.

Yes. It's a great soundtrack because it's fun and something way different then what FF normally does. It's different then what most games do actually. It's pretty awesome.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Mog going on a rant about how he's not a toy (in Bresha or Academia I think) was hilarious.

I liked it when he/she
starts dreaming about money from the government if ever they complete their task... Only to get a 10-year supply of toilet paper and starts sulking at a corner.

see5harp

Yes. It's a great soundtrack because it's fun and something way different then what FF normally does. It's different then what most games do actually. It's pretty awesome.

I don't know. I appreciate many left field soundtracks like Katamari but I guess I just expect something a bit more cohesive and subtle in a game that is narrative driven.

I don't know. I appreciate many left field soundtracks like Katamari but I guess I just expect something a bit more cohesive and subtle in a game that is narrative driven.

Well, no it it isn't that. I also don't care that it isn't. It's not like the actual narrative has any point to it.

Just heard the first (and hopefully last) j-pop metal hybrid. What the fuck guys? Hardcore fans think that this is a quality soundtrack? Really?

Yeah, I'm pretty glad it has such a wide variety of genres like this. It's rare that FF does something this different with the music and I think it's worked out well. Probably my favorite in the series behind XIII.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yeah, I'm pretty glad it has such a wide variety of genres like this. It's rare that FF does something this different with the music and I think it's worked out well. Probably my favorite in the series behind XIII.

Co-signed. I've been playing FF for 20 years, and I think this soundtrack is wonderful.. One of the best in the series.

see5harp

Well I suppose if you look at it like that...a game that you are really only playing for mechanics, sure the soundtrack is serviceable. I just don't think any of these songs are good enough to stand on their own and be played outside of the game. Not that I'd do that with any other game soundtrack but you play something like Deus Ex or Halo where the score is an obvious mood/atmosphere setter that reacts to what is on screen and I just wonder whether something like that would be possible in a game like this.

BocoDragon

Well I suppose if you look at it like that...a game that you are really only playing for mechanics, sure the soundtrack is serviceable. I just don't think any of these songs are good enough to stand on their own and be played outside of the game. Not that I'd do that with any other game soundtrack but you play something like Deus Ex or Halo where the score is an obvious mood/atmosphere setter that reacts to what is on screen and I just wonder whether something like that would be possible in a game like this.
I dont think im the only one here who has been listening to the tracks on my phone nonstop...

Music is subjective dude. It's like taste in the opposite sex, or taste in food. Arguing over it doesn't go that far.

Considering I own both the Japanese and English soundtrack releases, I'd certainly say that they are. :p

MechaX

Just got Flanitor without much hassle. Is it supposed to be a decent MED? Cait Sith is cool, but dies in like two hits from a lot of stuff, even despite being lv. 15.

No I would listen to these tracks outside of the game. It's Halo and Deus Ex that I wouldn't, because the only have meaning when playing the game. Take them out of the game and they are just boring and not something I would enjoy listening to on a car ride.

see5harp

I dont think im the only one here who has been listening to the tracks on my phone nonstop...

Music is subjective dude. It's like taste in the opposite sex, or taste in food. Arguing over it doesn't go that far.

You know I do agree that arguing over music usually doesn't go very far, but I'm entitled to an opinion.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What does "Kupo" mean and why does Mog always say it?!

Mogs have been saying Kupo ever since...

s034a.jpg

BocoDragon

No I would listen to these tracks outside of the game. It's Halo adpnd Deus Ex that I wouldn't, because the only have meaning when playing the game. Take them out of the game and they are just boring and not something I would enjoy listening to on a car ride.

Yeah I thought that was a curious example to make. Vocal pop, rap and metal songs = you wouldn't listen to them outside of the game, but orchestral film score style = you would listen to them outside of the game? Dont agree with that...

Grisby

Yeah, I've been pretty underwhelmed by the OST. Some are nice but most of it has been pretty forgetful so far.

And thank christ they removed that awful chocobo rap song. If only they could do that with some of the boss music too.

see5harp

No I would listen to these tracks outside of the game. It's Halo adpnd Deus Ex that I wouldn't, because the only have meaning when playing the game. Take them out of the game and they are just boring and not something I would enjoy listening to on a car ride.

It's like film score music to me. Just evocative ambient music. When Halo gets into the dramatic butt rock stuff I start snickering.

see5harp

Yeah I thought that was a curious example to make. Vocal pop, rap and metal songs = you wouldn't listen to them outside of the game, but orchestral film score style = you would listen to them outside of the game? Dont agree with that...

No I would listen to pop songs outside of the game, assuming they were good. You would listen to this over Sigur Ros? You think the instrumentals here are better than Hauschka?

Varshes

You are not, for sure. It's been my most played album since it came out, I love it to death.

ULTROS!

...Moogles have been saying Kupo since long before that.

Yeah I know. Couldn't find a screenshot of the older moogles so I had to resort to IX. :p

No I would listen to pop songs outside of the game, assuming they were good. You would listen to this over Sigur Ros? You think the instrumentals here are better than Hauschka?

Don't see why it has to be one way or the other? Can I not watch Shoot Em Up if I want to watch The Godfather?

No I don't know those musicians you listed, so yes I would listen to this over them. Because I like game music and I like this soundtrack,

ULTROS!

The worst song for me is probably the one that plays during the Historia Crux menu.

TIME. AND. SPACE. TIME. AND. SPACE.

No, they say "nyaa" in FF3 on Famicom.

When did the moogles start saying Kupo?

Synless

Different does not equal great. The soundtrack is ok, too much singing bullshit. Persona 4 style ruined this soundtrack.

Famassu

Just heard the first (and hopefully last) j-pop metal hybrid. What the fuck guys? Hardcore fans think that this is a quality soundtrack? Really?
I'm assuming you heard Crazy Chocobo? That's not a track that's meant to be taken completely seriously. From what I've understood, it's kind of a joke in the game too.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I really like the soundtrack, though XIII had a great one too. Does that hilariously godawful chocobo song actually play in the game at some point?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Thanks for the info. So I should first let Noel learn COM Bonus 2 and Serah, RAV Bonus 2, then go into SYN and SAB?
Super-late, and sorry... I went to sleep early since my right eye was really really killing me... Go with the bonus first for Noel, and then go to Syn and Sab (though for Serah, I'd recommend unlocking Sab first, and then going for the Rav bonus).

I swear to god, I hate going to
Academia 400 AF
it is without a doubt the worst and most annoying area of the entire game.
Encounter rate is annoyingly high and you can't evade the encounters at all due to the Mog Clock running faster. Stupid. Good place to grind, but the place is just annoying in that Rav works more than Com's Blitz more in certain areas where the enemies evade Phys attacks. I should've used Serah as the leader there, but I just like controlling Noel a lot better since I can cancel his quick attacks anytime and use other attacks quicker.

From the looks of it, the trophies seem less tedious than XIII's. XIII had the horrible treasure hunter trophy.
Yes. Absolutely. You do know about the Clock Stopper shortcut Cheska and I found a few pages ago, yeah?

Anyone else taking their sweet time with this game?
I have to. I have two exams and an essay due on Monday, and another exam on Tuesday. Likely not going to finish this off with the plat until during our Reading Week.

DON'T YOU DARE!

Mieu was adorable!
God, no. Mieu is the worst Tales mascot next to Mormo, and Japanese Mieu is even worse (I don't know what's worse; DESU NO or MIEU MIEU). Tenebrae, Tipo, and Repede are the best ones out there, though.

Mieu, Mormo, and Mog are probably the worst mascots I've encountered lately.

Different does not equal great. The soundtrack is ok, too much singing bullshit. Persona 4 style ruined this soundtrack.

Hence I also had the word fun in there.

And yes I like the sininging. Those are the best songs. I also liked Persona 4's soundtrack a great deal. I always wanted Persona 3/4 music in FF.

Mognet

I'm not sure if someone has posted this yet but I was running around in
new Academia
and decided to stop and throw Mog over the railings, so I did then watched him for a little bit before I decided to run off and about 10 seconds later I got a message over my screen

"Item acquired

You obtain 1 gil!"

I went back and tested it a couple times and it seems to work everytime. I thought it was a pretty cool easter egg. lol

EDIT: Also, after a couple more throws I've seemed to score some potions

EDIT 2: Actually I've come to the conclusion that I'm stupid and it's because I've got the
fragment skill "Mog's Manifestation"
turned on. I completely forgot about those!

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Can someone explain to me how to remove the Long Gui from my path and at the same time being able to fight the Fearie?-.-'

but this storyline is something else, my god.

I find it difficult for now to speak about the story (8 hrs in, chapter 3B), there isn't one for now lol ~

Top Bottom