• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Foffy

Banned
Are there any guides on fragments in each area in a condensed manner? Like, for example, a guide that states all of the fragments in Bresha Ruins 005 AF and not something jumbled around?

Also, does anyone know what the
true final location is called, and where you unlock it? I want to do all I can of the game before trying it and not have to jumble back and do more work, unless that work is unlocked by finishing the final area.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Does this game also restrict us to only 2 characters for 1/3 of the game? Or do we get to use 3 for proper paradigms for most/all of the game?

You have two party characters + 1 monster for all but like an hour of the game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Guys, do you think the final boss is doable with just two characters? Basically, what I want to know is:
- How quickly can the boss be staggered (is it possible with two Ravs)?
- Would I need a Sen to act as bait and a punching bag so the other two characters wouldn't be bothered whenever they attack the boss?
- Note that I'm trying to attempt the Chronosaviour trophy in one go.

Thanks. :D

Heropon

I have a little question:
Everytime Serah gets angry Noel makes a comment about how she is like her sister. Has Noel been with Lightning enough time to have been bitch slapped by her? I mean, I would have believed that line more if it had come from Sazh, who had more time to know how Lightning was, and not a person who was with her like five minutes in a tense situation.

Thoraxes

Guys, do you think the final boss is doable with just two characters? Basically, what I want to know is:
- Would I need a Sen to act as bait and a punching bag so the other two characters wouldn't be bothered whenever they attack the boss?

- Yes possible, but kinda slow because of how the fight works sometimes.
- Not really, I didn't anyways.
- Use a SAB.

Really getting tired of the
Behemoth
that shows up in
Yaschas Massif
. Day, night, in the light, out of the light, it doesn't matter, it pops, I die, and I get to reload again. >_<

mudkyp

I'm about to start the last chapter and I'm totally on board for this insanity laden story. Shine on you crazy diamond Square.

-I used SAB/RAV/RAV to stagger the boss while throwing up deprotect, deshell and imperil, so I assume it shouldn't be too difficult to stagger the boss with two ravs.
-I don't think you would need a Sentinel unless you're just switching to SEN/SEN to reduce damage, most(maybe even all of them?) of its attacks are area of effect
-Target time for me was 11 minutes, I did it in 4. It took me two attempts to defeat the boss, first try I staggered it once but didn't kill it, then didn't manage to get it staggered again... The boss has a lot of wound attacks it will use if it isn't dead after the first stagger, and my party just couldn't pull through once it had 50% of its HP as max. So on my second try I did everything in my power to kill the boss in ONE stagger. (Stagger, Ultima Arrow, Multi-cast, once at 999% paradigm shift to Cerberus, use Kweh, change leader, Meteor Javelin, and that did it.)

hope that was useful info for you
EDIT: why the hell does the AI prioritize Poison after Deprotect? Damn that annoys me!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
OMG. The Grand Behemoth has to be one of the best ravagers around, at least as a low level dude. He only needs level 2 consumables for his first crystarium go around and at level 26 his STR is 516 and MAG is 319, currently blowing the same level Chichu out of the water.

exhume

Alright, can somebody please tell me how to get the fragment skill that lowers the encounter rate? I can't stand the encounter mechanics in this game, always gives me a heart attack when that wheel comes up. Maybe i should lay off the caffeine or something

Carbonox

Gaaaah, where do I go with Noel and Serah in the Crystarium? I've maxed out Commando for the former and Ravager for the latter but have no idea where to go next to keep on boosting their best stats (Noel - Attack, Serah - Magic). I've been trying each role available (even unlocked Medic cos I assumed it would net me good Magic bonuses for Serah) but to no avail so far.

Recommendations?

Calmness

Neo Member
Alright, can somebody please tell me how to get the fragment skill that lowers the encounter rate? I can't stand the encounter mechanics in this game, always gives me a heart attack when that wheel comes up. Maybe i should lay off the caffeine or something

By collecting the fragments from all of the Yaschas Massif timelines.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
-I used SAB/RAV/RAV to stagger the boss while throwing up deprotect, deshell and imperil, so I assume it shouldn't be too difficult to stagger the boss with two ravs.
-I don't think you would need a Sentinel unless you're just switching to SEN/SEN to reduce damage, most(maybe even all of them?) of its attacks are area of effect
-Target time for me was 11 minutes, I did it in 4. It took me two attempts to defeat the boss, first try I staggered it once but didn't kill it, then didn't manage to get it staggered again... The boss has a lot of wound attacks it will use if it isn't dead after the first stagger, and my party just couldn't pull through once it had 50% of its HP as max. So on my second try I did everything in my power to kill the boss in ONE stagger. (Stagger, Ultima Arrow, Multi-cast, once at 999% paradigm shift to Cerberus, use Kweh, change leader, Meteor Javelin, and that did it.)

hope that was useful info for you
EDIT: why the hell does the AI prioritize Poison after Deprotect? Damn that annoys me!
Thanks. I'll take this into consideration as well--especially what you did for staggering. That sounds pretty smart.

RPGCrazied

118 fragments now! :p Going on 44 hours, haven't started chapter 6 yet.

Oh, so cool. I just tamed
the eidolon Odin!
I'm sure it drops after for everyone, but still cool.

Does he transform into a horse for his feral link ability?
I haven't seen that yet. Might have to replace my chocobo now.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
What exactly does the fragment skill you acquire after the end of the game do?

Also I wish, along with Serah and Noel, the monster in your part appeared on the maps with you outside of a battle while running around. If you had a chocobo in your party you could ride him around for free ~

Goli

What exactly does the fragment skill you acquire after the end of the game do?

Also I wish, along with Serah and Noel, the monster in your part appeared on the maps with you outside of a battle while running around. If you had a chocobo in your party you could ride him around for free ~

Allows you to defeat certain bosses you couldn't before and make some choices you couldn't before since they'd "break" the game's main storyline, so to speak.

d00d3n

Could someone please answer this: As I understand it the number of big nodes is limited. By what exactly? The fact that you have to level up roles on small nodes between them, which will in the end make all roles lvl 100 and end progression? Or is there a point (sub 100 levels in some of the roles) where there are no more available nodes?

Toki767

So umm...this is the second time I've started up the game...why is there no way to skip the opening movie? Unless I'm missing something

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Allows you to defeat certain bosses you couldn't before and make some choices you couldn't before since they'd "break" the game's main storyline, so to speak.

For example? Good idea just to leave it on, then?

So I asked this before, but I didn't get an answer since not many people had played the game yet...

...How big is the world? How many areas, and what's the dungeon/field to town ratio?

Goli

For example? Good idea just to leave it on, then?

If you want to get the paradox endings, yes! For example:
Remember the fight against Caius in Oerba? Normally, you "defeat" him and then he rises again and the battle ends, right? With the Paradox Scope fragment skill on the battle doesn't end after he rises again, instead you have to defeat him again and you get a paradox ending afterwards.

RPGCrazied

So I asked this before, but I didn't get an answer since not many people had played the game yet...

...How big is the world? How many areas, and what's the dungeon/field to town ratio?

I'll say its big enough. A few areas are big, with lots to do. A few hubs that have people around to talk to and get missions, but I really don't think they are towns. The game overall is huge. I haven't beaten the game yet and I'm almost 45 hours, and still have stuff to do before beating it.

And the music is godly by the way.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
If you want to get the paradox endings, yes! For example:
Remember the fight against Caius in Oerba? Normally, you "defeat" him and then he rises again and the battle ends, right? With the Paradox Scope fragment skill on the battle doesn't end after he rises again, instead you have to defeat him again and you get a paradox ending afterwards.

Ah I see now. I thought the paradox endings were things that were possible, just difficult, like
defeating that giant Flan before weakening it
but I didn't know it would change some things that much. Pretty cool!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
118 fragments now! :p Going on 44 hours, haven't started chapter 6 yet.

Oh, so cool. I just tamed
the eidolon Odin!
I'm sure it drops after for everyone, but still cool.

Does he transform into a horse for his feral link ability?
I haven't seen that yet. Might have to replace my chocobo now.

I must be going too fast, I'm 36 hours in with 129 fragments. :p

Anyway, where can I find
the manual in Yaschas Massif AF110 for that technician guy?

What's with enemies that have no stagger point, 99% chain resistance, and are resistant to every type of attack? It's pretty ridiculous

could anyone help me out and tell me where i could farm some potent slivers and potent orbs? kind of hard to find out this info without a guide and this close to the game's release.

Hi2u

Banned
How in blazes do you win at chocobo racing? Looks really complicated for just a minigame.

Should I use my own chocobo? He's at lvl 42 but is always last....are there any achievements or fragments tied to racing and winning?

Abylim

Loving it so far, as a fan of FF13, I think its better than it!

Not looking forward to the ending, but hoping that it gets fixed with DLC, merely because I dont want to wait 2 years for the sequel, would rather dish out $15 or so and have the story sooner.

Goli

How in blazes do you win at chocobo racing? Looks really complicated for just a minigame.

Should I use my own chocobo? He's at lvl 42 but is always last....are there any achievements or fragments tied to racing and winning?

Nope, but you may use chocobo races to get the Serendipitous trophy, which I did. The other alternative is just endlessly rolling slots which is very tedious.

Also, just platinum'd it! Really enjoyed it, took me about 63 hours.

Negator

Is there some way to increase the chances of getting a monster crystal? I've killed at least two dozen Green Chocobos but I can't get the damn crystal!

Top Bottom