• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Goli

Is there some way to increase the chances of getting a monster crystal? I've killed at least two dozen Green Chocobos but I can't get the damn crystal!

Eventually you get a fragment skill called "Monster Collector" that increases the odds of it happening.

RPGCrazied

Anyone else hoping, on Tuesday when they release the Lightning Colisuem fight, they will put up at least some more costumes too?

Heropon

Anyone else hoping, on Tuesday when they release the Lightning Colisuem fight, they will put up at least some more costumes too?

I think they'll put DLC every 1/2 weeks, so I don't expect them to put much content in each update. I don't know if I should buy any DLC, I'm so tempted...

Calmness

Neo Member
could anyone help me out and tell me where i could farm some potent slivers and potent orbs? kind of hard to find out this info without a guide and this close to the game's release.

Potent Orbs drop from Ghouls in Academia -400 AF- and from Buccaboos in the Stonestump Wastelands of Archylte Steppe -Year Unknown-.

Potent Slivers drop from Feral Behemoths in Yaschas Massif -010 AF- and from Flabaneros in Sunleth Waterscape -300 AF-.

RPGCrazied

Don't really care to have Lightning in my party, or fighting stuff in the Coliseum. I want costumes and the story related DLC.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The colosseum fights could be interesting. Some opportunities for challenge since a lot of people feel the game is too easy.

I probably wont buy the DLC since it seems like it will be pretty pointless. I want Light to be in my party the entire game, not just at the ending after I've done most of the shit.

Regardless, I really hate the monster stuff. Why couldn't they just level like normal party members. All this monster stuff is real annoying.

mudkyp

I probably wont buy the DLC since it seems like it will be pretty pointless. I want Light to be in my party the entire game, not just at the ending after I've done most of the shit.

Regardless, I really hate the monster stuff. Why couldn't they just level like normal party members. All this monster stuff is real annoying.

Yeah, the monster is super annoying, especially because at this point the monsters are dragging down my party because I don't have the patience to farm out the right level up items.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
For $3 per fight? thanks but no thanks.

I don't agree with the price either, of course I'd rather just some fights to be in the game already. Just hoping that the fights are interesting.

It would be funny if it was $3 or a standard XIII-2 battle ::eek:ver in 9 seconds::

Oerba is basically the only one like that though, but you can argue that you can't change a town, like in X how they didn't really change Zanarkand. I did like doing Bhakti in XIII though.

People could have moved there and repaired it. Making it a Pulse town with Cocoon stylings. Could had said something about the state of the world. Would have like to take that bridge and see what the hell that place across the water is.

RPGCrazied

I don't agree with the price either, of course I'd rather just some fights to be in the game already. Just hoping that the fights are interesting.

It would be funny if it was $3 or a standard XIII-2 battle ::eek:ver in 9 seconds::

We don't even know how hard the battle is, it could be over pretty fast. I think it should've been priced like .99 cents or something.

Carbonox

So in some areas I have all but 1 or 2 of the fragments and no matter where I go in the area or who I speak to, I cannot find the final one/s. Is this normal? Will they be accessible later in the game? No spoilers please.

Thoraxes

People could have moved there and repaired it. Making it a Pulse town with Cocoon stylings. Could had said something about the state of the world. Would have like to take that bridge and see what the hell that place across the water is.

Ah yeah, I can agree. You do know what Hope did about that place with Academy though, right? Oerba I mean.

RPGCrazied

Might have to further the story, some you can't get until you beat the game. But I have like 118 or so, and I haven't beat the game yet.

Cheska

Are Silver Lobos pretty decent third party members? Most of the monsters I want to have in my party are Feral Creatures, so I'm always trying to capture those variations. Uridimmu is one of my favorite ones lol.

EDIT: Jeez, I am getting killed by some of the monsters in
Archylte Steppe
. I'm assuming you're not really meant to fight everything you come across?

Zafir

Do you not get the pre-order DLC alternate costumes straight away or something? I've input my code, but I still only have the default outfits.

Robin64

Was a bit dissapointed to see that the Coliseum doesn't come with any ingame fights. I knew DLC fights were here, but I didn't realise it would be only DLC fights. Oh well.

Made it to (what I think is) the final area today and the jump in difficulty was harsh. I'd felt like I was taking out enemies prior to this without breaking even a minor sweat, then bam, I'm having to break out MEDs and SENs all over the place.

PerZona

Do you not get the pre-order DLC alternate costumes straight away or something? I've input my code, but I still only have the default outfits.

You got to wait till chapter 2 and in the menu there will be a option called "Outfit", from there then you can change your costumes.

Zafir

You got to wait till chapter 2 and in the menu there will be a option called "Outfit", from there then you can change your costumes.
Oh, I already have that. It's just on that menu section, only default outfits are listed and not the alternate ones. :/

Went to my local Redbox this past Wednesday to pick this game up since money is tight at the moment..but wow, I did not expect to become this addicted to it! Will probably get the collector's edition when my tax return comes.

Dear lord, do I hate
Academia 400F

The whole suddenly, there's a monster and you can't get to it cause it's on a whole other level! It's just too much to bother with, even if the enemies are stupidly easy.

Dear lord, do I hate
Academia 400F

The whole suddenly, there's a monster and you can't get to it cause it's on a whole other level! It's just too much to bother with, even if the enemies are stupidly easy.

I liked that area going through it the first time, and I liked the boss there... but yeah, every time I've had to return is just the worst thing ever

Phenomic

So I'm close to getting the normal ending and will probably wind up with about 50 fragments in total as I do it. Spoiler tagging this post for safety even though it's not really a spoiler.
I guess the reason I post this is to ask if the special ending is worth it since you have to getting all the fragments to view it. I don't have a ton of time outside of this upcoming weekend to play the game, so it's going to have to be something that would be doable in another week or so.

That being said I've really enjoyed the game and even the plot of the game more than I thought I would. Despite all the hate it seems to be getting Noel is great, so is Sarah and Caius was actually a villain that felt like he had a purpose.
Be honest GAF, am I better off just looking it up on Youtube?

Goli

So I'm close to getting the normal ending and will probably wind up with about 50 fragments in total as I do it. Spoiler tagging this post for safety even though it's not really a spoiler.

I guess the reason I post this is to ask if the special ending is worth it since you have to getting all the fragments to view it. I don't have a ton of time outside of this upcoming weekend to play the game, so it's going to have to be something that would be doable in another week or so.

Be honest GAF, am I better off just looking it up on Youtube?

Yes, you have to get all fragments to get the secret ending and some can be very time consuming (like filling out the bestiary or getting the "lucky coin" one). Secret ending isn't worth it at all if you don't have much time, just watch it on YouTube and be glad you didn't waste time getting all fragments just to watch that. On the other hand if you really really really liked the game and have time, do get all fragments! They are fun to get for the most part.

On a somewhat unrelated note, interview with Toriyama and Kitase from the 2/9 (1/26 on sale) issue of Famitsu is now online for those interested: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201202/06009506.html

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I must be going too fast, I'm 36 hours in with 129 fragments. :p

Anyway, where can I find
the manual in Yaschas Massif AF110 for that technician guy?

Anyone? :p

Augusta Tower boss spoilers:
Woah at that proto falcie fight, I fough him 4 times cuz I kept answering the wrong option, lol, but damn that was epic

Question about Academia:
Was the city built on Pulse or Cocoon?

Neki

Just did the first
Caius
boss battle in Oerba. I had to re-try a couple of times because I wasn't killing him fast enough. Maybe I was under-leveled, but every time he buffed himself and used blast wave, basically one shot me when I wasn't in a SEN paradigm. Had to get new equipment and a couple of levels before I finally beat him during his first buff phase. bleh.

really need to find better monsters with more hp, lolz.

Dead

well not really...yet
Are most people playing with only Serah and Noel as damage capable and monsters only in a support role?

I can't seem to justify using the monsters for anything other than support atm and its worked out ok so far...

Are most people playing with only Serah and Noel as damage capable and monsters only in a support role?

I can't seem to justify using the monsters for anything other than support atm and its worked out ok so far...

Nope, I start most battles with Serah as RAV, Noel as COM and a RAV Monster until I get a stagger, then I switch to Serah as COM, Noel as COM and a COM Monster. Has kept me pretty well. Ive got a few other paradigms with a SYN monster and Noel as SEN and Serah as MED.

Just did the first
Caius
boss battle in Oerba. I had to re-try a couple of times because I wasn't killing him fast enough. Maybe I was under-leveled, but every time he buffed himself and used blast wave, basically one shot me when I wasn't in a SEN paradigm. Had to get new equipment and a couple of levels before I finally beat him during his first buff phase. bleh.

really need to find better monsters with more hp, lolz.

I had a hard time with that battle too. Then I simply powered through the fight when he buffed himself. Either I was going to kill him super quickly, or my party would wipe. I succeeded on the former but barely.

Holy shit... very late game paradox ending spoiler:
Caius vs. Serah was fucking TOUGH, omg, thank god for WOUND

Would have been a lot easier if I had a SEN monster that didn't suck :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

I'm not using the monsters, and I'm finding both Noel and Serah doing enough damage and chaining the gauge easily. I imagine that if I were using a monster the chaining would be happening faster. Also I guess I could be using a SEN monster as bait, but that would be a little easy, I guess. I'm trying to work myself up to the Strategist trophy by Optima Changing often, so I usually have a Sen/Med or Syn/Sen Optima set whenever I get in trouble (which isn't often in the first place :/).

Of course, I've unlocked the accessory slots up to 90 weight, and I have a Kaiser Knuckle on Noel (STR % increase + increased chaining), and a Magistral Crest on Serah (MAG % increase + increased chaining), so I guess the accessories and role bonuses I've unlocked are helping me out some.

Gaaaah, where do I go with Noel and Serah in the Crystarium? I've maxed out Commando for the former and Ravager for the latter but have no idea where to go next to keep on boosting their best stats (Noel - Attack, Serah - Magic). I've been trying each role available (even unlocked Medic cos I assumed it would net me good Magic bonuses for Serah) but to no avail so far.

Recommendations?

big node bonuses

magic
rav
sab, syn (odd levels)

strength
com
sab (even levels)

hp
med
sen
syn (even levels)

Esura

Banned
Holy crap on a poodlestick the final boss is hard, mostly because
Jet Bahamut keeps summoning those other Bahamuts before I can lay the smackdown after buffing then it heals itself
. Could someone help me? I'm not actually dying but I can't get in and I've been doing this fight for almost two hours to a standstill.

Top Bottom