• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I still can't find that lady's watch who's in Yaschas Massif 010AF. I've searched and thrown moogles in both 010AF and 01XAF's cliffs like crazy and nothing. Argh.

Mr.Fresh

Foffy's tip worked for me. Also
they display Count: 3 then 2 then 1 before they do their mega attack, so that's what gives you time to switch to SEN/SEN/SEN
Yea I do that. The move that kills me EVERYTIME Rising Sun or something like that.

Goli

Strange. Other forums said it's not cumulative. I've lost 2.5k from my total wins. :(

I don't get how the count actually works.

Do I bet on my gold chocobo all the time (because his wins are usually just 10 gold)?

I didn't say it was cumulative.
From what I undertstand every time you enter or leave Serendipity the counter for the trophy resets to 0. Once you enter, you have to earn 10000 coins either via chocobo racing or slots. So for example: let's say you had previously won 8000 coins in Serendipity and then decided to carry on with the game and do the trophy later, and when you came back, you earned 2000 coins but that didn't earn you the trophy. That's because for the trophy's counter, you have only earned 2000. The 8000 from before don't count. And if you got those 2000 and then left Serendipity, the counter resets. The other crappy thing from the counter is that whatever money you lose is substracted from the counter, so if you roll the slot machine once, and don't get three moogles/cactuars/any sort of prize, you just lost those 5 coins (or whatever amount you gambled) AND that got substracted from the trophy's counter, same for the chocobo racing, if you bet on your chocobo 100 coins, and your chocobo doesn't finish in 1st place, you just lost 100 coins and substracted 100 coins from the counter. So the safest method is to race your chocobo but never actually bet on him, since you'll still get the prize for whatever place he finished in (480, 360, 120 or less coins depending on which class you're racing in).

Danj

(ending rant)
FUCK that ending. Seriously. Fuck it right up Uranus. I was all like yay I saved the world~ and shit and it was all looking great and then they RUINED IT. C'mon guys this is not Empire Strikes Back! You don't have to put in a bad end just because you wanna do another game in this series!

Heropon

(ending rant)
FUCK that ending. Seriously. Fuck it right up Uranus. I was all like yay I saved the world~ and shit and it was all looking great and then they RUINED IT. C'mon guys this is not Empire Strikes Back! You don't have to put in a bad end just because you wanna do another game in this series!

There's a topic where you can rant about the ending without spoiler tags. I feel like you about that.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I didn't say it was cumulative.
From what I undertstand every time you enter or leave Serendipity the counter for the trophy resets to 0. Once you enter, you have to earn 10000 coins either via chocobo racing or slots. So for example: let's say you had previously won 8000 coins in Serendipity and then decided to carry on with the game and do the trophy later, and when you came back, you earned 2000 coins but that didn't earn you the trophy. That's because for the trophy's counter, you have only earned 2000. The 8000 from before don't count. And if you got those 2000 and then left Serendipity, the counter resets. The other crappy thing from the counter is that whatever money you lose is substracted from the counter, so if you roll the slot machine once, and don't get three moogles/cactuars/any sort of prize, you just lost those 5 coins (or whatever amount you gambled) AND that got substracted from the trophy's counter, same for the chocobo racing, if you bet on your chocobo 100 coins, and your chocobo doesn't finish in 1st place, you just lost 100 coins and substracted 100 coins from the counter. So the safest method is to race your chocobo but never actually bet on him, since you'll still get the prize for whatever place he finished in (480, 360, 120 or less coins depending on which class you're racing in).

I see, thanks! Actually I mistyped so it was supposed to be "other forums mentioned it was cumulative". I hope I get the trophy soon, it's confusing the hell out of me. :p

RS4-

That's weird, it was cumulative for me because there's no way I had won 10k in one sitting of chocobo racing as I had left Serendipity a few times before I hit the achievement.

I had 6k from a previous slot machine win, then a few days later I just ran a few races between Serendipity trips to get it.

And don't bother betting on your own chocobo unless the adds are at least double. No point in betting 100 @ 1.1 so you only win an extra 10 credits.

edit - chocobo skill I've got: "Dark Horse" odds decrease due to misjudgement.

Goli

That's weird, it was cumulative for me because there's no way I had won 10k in one sitting of chocobo racing as I had left Serendipity a few times before I hit the achievement.

I had 6k from a previous slot machine win, then a few days later I just ran a few races between Serendipity trips to get it.

And don't bother betting on your own chocobo unless the adds are at least double. No point in betting 100 @ 1.1 so you only win an extra 10 credits.

edit - chocobo skill I've got: "Dark Horse" odds decrease due to misjudgement.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't for me since I had already won a bit over 10000 coins in between my trips to Serendipity while playing the game but I didn't unlock the trophy till I had some sort of magical moment after doing everything else in the game and when Serendipitous was my only trophy left to obtain where I got 7500 coins in a couple of turns in the slot machine, at which point I became slightly frustrated at the trophy not unlocking after exiting the machine (and thus proving the cumulative thing false, or at least in my case assuming my calculations were correct), and decided to race my golden chocobo and get the 10000 coins "the hard way". I maxed him out and infused every monster with some sort of good passive ability to him and he ended up with a ton of abilities to use in race, and when I retired him since he had ran out RP (at that point he had won a bit over 6k coins by just racing, never did bets), I exited the chocobo racing menu and the trophy unlocked, much to my surprise and content.
Then I turned off my PS3 since I had already gotten the trophy and didn't want to actually lose the monsters I had infused to my golden chocobo ;-;

Verelios

Quick question for anyone who can answer it: Wasn't the Amazon collector's edition supposed to come with the novella, or was that only for Europe?

Because I have all the other extras, but I was just curious if I'd have to email Amazon about it. This is for NA by the way.

Venfayth

spoilers below regarding ~chapter 5 story

Jesus, when Serah got Aerith'd, I was just sitting with my mouth open like :O

And then the loading screen comes, and it's completely silent, no music. I'm just left sitting there stirring, thinking about what just happened.

Probably my favorite moment of the game so far, story-wise.

mudkyp

Quick question for anyone who can answer it: Wasn't the Amazon collector's edition supposed to come with the novella, or was that only for Europe?

Because I have all the other extras, but I was just curious if I'd have to email Amazon about it. This is for NA by the way.

Best Buy had the novella for preorders.

laika09

But Suzuki actually wrote the New Bodhum song, not Hamauzu =P (that being said, the EP Synth sound does resemble a lot Besaid's)

Oh hey, you're right. Hamauzu's work is usually pretty recognizable, though.

Also, as lame as it is they removed the vocals to the Bresha track to appeal to my delicate western sensibilities, I actually really enjoy what they did with the instrumental version.

Okay, the demo was pretty fun. This is going onto my buy-when-I-have-money list. Although being a UK gamer I'm sure it'll be £12 on Zavvi in a week.

Danj

Okay, the demo was pretty fun. This is going onto my buy-when-I-have-money list. Although being a UK gamer I'm sure it'll be £12 on Zavvi in a week.

If you don't care about extra stuff I highly recommend getting it from Asda if you can, £32.97. Amazon were pricematching them.

Also it made #1 in the UK charts so I don't imagine it'll be going down to bomba prices any time soon.

RedAssedApe

Banned
So without spoiling anything, can someone tell me what it is that determines what ending you get? I wasn't planning on making more than one play through...is it not possible (i.e. like Chrono Trigger) to be able to see all the endings using one save. Is there a New Game+ mode? And do these Live Trigger dialogue answers actually do anything? Some of them seem quite silly.

Thanks (and sorry if this has already been answered). :)

RPGCrazied

Just beat it.

46 hours. Now to go for the remaining 35 fragments and paradox endings! And I put the game on EASY mode for the final fight, and I got 5 stars. Apparently it still unlocks the trophy. Yay.

Goli

Just beat it.

46 hours. Now to go for the remaining 35 fragments and paradox endings! And I put the game on EASY mode for the final fight, and I got 5 stars. Apparently it still unlocks the trophy. Yay.

The only trophy tied to which difficulty setting you have on is the one for beating Attil--- I mean, Raspatil on normal mode. All others can be done on easy mode.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I just finished chapter
where Light shows up
and now heading for the final one I presume. That was pretty cool, finally a chapter focused on the main story. If this game is going to end like I hope –
Caius kills the goddess and unleash darkness upon the world
– it would be the coolest ending ever lol ~

But if everyone complains about the ending... maybe it's not like that :-(

I think the story so far, while written as shit, it's pretty interesting and finally the FNC plays a role. But it got interesting just from chapter 4 on actually.

How long it takes to beat the last episode?

Neki

Just beat it.

game wasn't easy enough for you I see!

RPGCrazied

Most of the game was easy, yeah, just some of the end part. Specially those proto behemoths. Those always murdered me. I played the game all on Normal, except the last boss.

For those that have beat it or have gotten real far:

Just got to the Vile Peaks for the first time. Traveled to the end of the path and this distortion is blocking my way. Am I here too early or something?

Edit: I just found a guard near the entrance...that might have been it.

Goli

For those that have beat it or have gotten real far:

Just got to the Vile Peaks for the first time. Traveled to the end of the path and this distortion is blocking my way. Am I here too early or something?

There's two time periods for the Vile Peaks and you have to unlock both to progress on either time periods. And you aren't too early since the Vile Peaks is a completely optional area.

Toth

Geez I got to hurry up! 14 hours in and I am about to go back to Sunleth to finish Chapter 3. Collecting fragments for all these awesome story tidbits (and foreshadowing!) is just so awesome!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
The only trophy tied to which difficulty setting you have on is the one for beating Attil--- I mean, Raspatil on normal mode. All others can be done on easy mode.

That's interesting.. I always play on hardest difficulty nowadays because trophies are tied to them, but if 13-2 only needs normal for that one fight, I might just sit back and enjoy the easy ride to plat once I start playing. From what you guys seem to be saying it's easy on normal anyway.

Reveirg

There were a few people complaining about the lack of explanation for the sudden appearance of Magic users that weren't L'Cie on Gran Pulse. It's worth noting that it's explained even better in a fragment obtained in Chapter 5...

Is there any chance the DLC will appear sometimes during this night? Or will it most likely be tomorrow evening?

There were a few people complaining about the lack of explanation for the sudden appearance of Magic users that weren't L'Cie on Gran Pulse. It's worth noting that it's explained even better in a fragment obtained in Chapter 5...

so a major piece of information is explained in a fragment.

oh.

Reveirg

so a major piece of information is explained in a fragment.

oh.

No. It's first explained pretty basically by Lebreau by speaking to her in a town. Then, if you want a more detailed explanation, there is one in the datalog.
Then, if you want an even more in-depth explanation, there is more details in a fragment.

That's what I call a well-designed game that makes good use of the possibilities video games offer as far as storytelling goes, instead of going through the boring/cliched story exposition mechanics most games, TV shows and movies use. It's not perfectly done, but it's really not worth complaining about.

Robin64

Yowch! The final boss,
the three Bahamuts,
took me 28 minutes and I got 0 stars. I feel like I'm just terrible at this game, just staying alive was a major problem.
What's a good place to start with post-game content?

Top Bottom