• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Goli

Omega is actually sort of easier than Yomi since he auto staggers himself after doing his super attack. You can just go SEN/SEN/SEN, wait till he staggers himself, switch to COM/COM/COM and repeat. Boring :|.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm beating Yomi in about 4 minutes, 3:15 if I get lucky with impenetrables. From memory (it's been 2 years!) I think Vercingetorix took about twice that long... honestly I don't mind the difference. You still need to be quick on the trigger once he starts Wicked Whirl.
The fight is much much easier. And there are some Attacus like monsters on the Archylte Steppe during the cloudy weather, but they're pretty tame too.
It's disappointing how all of FFXIII-2's super bosses aren't that much hard at all ):.
Even Attil--- Raspatil is easy. The only thing is s/he/it summons Cie'th but they can be taken out so quickly it's almost as if they weren't there.
Thanks to the both of you for the info. :)

Vercingetorix's Target Time got up to 20 minutes sometimes if you didn't equip stat enhancers, with little Crystarium development, and with Tier-1 weapons. If Yomi isn't taking that long, I guess they made it easier than XIII, huh? How much would Wicked Whirl damage you in XIII-2 if you didn't switch to Tortoise?

Unfortunate that the stronger enemies aren't really that strong at all. The game probably did need a hard mode after all. Don't really like that they gimped my favourite boss in FFXIII. It's too bad.

That's disappointing, I will not be happy if they're holding back the truly challenging boss battles so that they could add them as DLC.
Well, I'm still not purchasing any of the DLC, even if the battles will be satisfying.

Omega is actually sort of easier than Yomi since he auto staggers himself after doing his super attack. You can just go SEN/SEN/SEN, wait till he staggers himself, switch to COM/COM/COM and repeat. Boring :|.
What.

Goli

Vercingetorix's Target Time got up to 20 minutes sometimes if you didn't equip stat enhancers, with little Crystarium development, and with Tier-1 weapons. If Yomi isn't taking that long, I guess they made it easier than XIII, huh? How much would Wicked Whirl damage you in XIII-2 if you didn't switch to Tortoise?

Unfortunate that the stronger enemies aren't really that strong at all. The game probably did need a hard mode after all. Don't really like that they gimped my favourite boss in FFXIII. It's too bad.

Well, I'm still not purchasing any of the DLC, even if the battles will be satisfying.

What.
Yomi was a bit difficult the first time I killed him but I think that was because I had crap weapons and monsters, the second time it took me about 10 minutes. I don't remember how much damage he dealt but maybe tomorrow I'll check and post here. Oh and re: Omega auto stagger: After he does his super attack he has a cooldown period which is when he's staggered. In any other moment when he's not in this cooldown period you can't stagger him, you can raise the chain gauge, but not stagger him.

Since it's the Lightning and Amodar DLC, is Amodar also a playable monster? Or is Lightning the only one?
Both.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Lol.. I just realized that in another era, we'd see General Leo and Aeris DLCs.

laika09

It looks like Wicked Whirl does about 6000 damage with Protect on... enough to kill most monsters, if not Noel or Serah. More obviously if you're not buffed, and you can't spend the time he's not impenetrable just healing his WW damage.

My target time is about 15 minutes, it just doesn't take nearly that long. I think TT is calculated differently in this game, though.

laika09

How are people beating Yomi so quickly, ahhhh. I need more HP or something.

I use SYN/SYN/SYN (purple chocobo) til I'm fully buffed, then SAB/SAB/SAB til poison sticks, then COM/COM/SYN til he goes inactive, then MED/MED/SYN and SYN/SYN/SYN til he comes back (using 3 SENS when he does Wicked Whirl obviously).

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I use SYN/SYN/SYN (purple chocobo) til I'm fully buffed, then SAB/SAB/SAB til poison sticks, then COM/COM/SYN til he goes inactive, then MED/MED/SYN and SYN/SYN/SYN til he comes back (using 3 SENS when he does Wicked Whirl obviously).

I got him poisoned twice, but each time I did he'd use barrier like 20 seconds later and the poison would debuff. Is the poison sticking for the whole battle for some people? I don't see the point otherwise.

And yeah maybe I need a sen/sen/sen for his double whirlwind attacks. Usually I just switch to combat clinic.

laika09

I got him poisoned twice, but each time I did he'd use barrier like 20 seconds later and the poison would debuff. Is the poison sticking for the whole battle for some people? I don't see the point otherwise.

And yeah maybe I need a sen/sen/sen for his double whirlwind attacks. Usually I just switch to combat clinic.

No, you have to redo it every time. It's just more consistent damage than having to stagger him every time he resets.

Role bonuses are multiplicative, meaning adding a second and third SEN multiplies the damage reduction bonus for everybody. It's a massive difference.

RPGCrazied

Also, to the people that 100% the game already, why would they want lightning in their party? Unless some meaty DLC comes out or something, just doesn't seem worth it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Also, to the people that 100% the game already, why would they want lightning in their party? Unless some meaty DLC comes out or something, just doesn't seem worth it.

I think that's just a plus. Most people that buy it just want to fight her probably.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It looks like Wicked Whirl does about 6000 damage with Protect on... enough to kill most monsters, if not Noel or Serah. More obviously if you're not buffed, and you can't spend the time he's not impenetrable just healing his WW damage.

My target time is about 15 minutes, it just doesn't take nearly that long. I think TT is calculated differently in this game, though.
Yomi was a bit difficult the first time I killed him but I think that was because I had crap weapons and monsters, the second time it took me about 10 minutes. I don't remember how much damage he dealt but maybe tomorrow I'll check and post here.
I see. Thanks again, guys. At least I have Yomi to look forward to outside of the Gui. :D

Yeah, target time is calculated oddly in this game. It appears to be consistent? I have to double-check and see, but it just seems like you need the 2000 point PE-strike bonus in order to get a 5-Star rank. If you don't have that, and don't finish the battle within 10 seconds or so, you're not S-ranking it. I still want to take the time to figure the math behind that out.

LOL, it's the same strategy for the Vercingetorix fight, then. I wanted to fight Yomi with just two characters alone like I've been doing for the rest of the game, but it really does seem like I need three members (ie: the monsters need to pick up the slack in terms of support).

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
No, you have to redo it every time. It's just more consistent damage than having to stagger him every time he resets.

Role bonuses are multiplicative, meaning adding a second and third SEN multiplies the damage reduction bonus for everybody. It's a massive difference.

I didn't know about the role bonuses, oh la la.

I still don't see the point in poison, though. If it's going to take x amount of turns to succeed and he's going to heal it off at least every minute anyway, wouldn't one just be better using an attacking role instead of a synergist?

mr. puppy

Banned
wow Square go fuck yourselves

I just got to the giant fetch quest of stupid ores to float cocoon which for some fuckall reason we're trying to float from Hope and FF girl that looks like a boy #891 and they make me go run around Academia where I get attacked every 3 goddamn seconds by a stupid creature with no reward for fighting him. Why would they ever think thats a good idea?

Yeah, its cute that after it (the first time through) you end up in a tower after it where the monster encounters are minimal while you are exploring to try to relieve the players fatigure, but how can you think this is a good design decision awe;foijwae;foijawe;oifjo;iwaefjo;iwaejf;oijawefo;iawejfo;awjiefo;iawjef

laika09

I didn't know about the role bonuses, oh la la.

I still don't see the point in poison, though. If it's going to take x amount of turns to succeed and he's going to heal it off at least every minute anyway, wouldn't one just be better using an attacking role instead of a synergist?

Yeah, except you can only have 3 monsters in your party, and the SYN was already in there. :p

Probably would go faster with a COM monster, maybe I'll try it.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Yeah, except you can only have 3 monsters in your party, and the SYN was already in there. :p

Probably would go faster with a COM monster, maybe I'll try it.

Maybe there's something I'm not thinking of since everyone keeps saying use poison, but since he debuffs the poison, I'd rather use all those casting turns to inflict xx,000 damage with a commando instead.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The non-speakable NPCs in Academia have pretty shallow dialogue to be honest. "He's soooo cute", "I'm so bored", "I want to go home", etc.

Although there's one dialogue that made me lol in Bresha Ruins.

Male Soldier: "You're too pretty to be a man!"

I like how SE acknowledges that their male characters can look like pretty women.

RPGCrazied

In other news. I have 130 fragments. Ugh, this is taking to long! I've seen like 3 of the paradox endings so far. Still loling @ the flan one.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Maybe there's something I'm not thinking of since everyone keeps saying use poison, but since he debuffs the poison, I'd rather use all those casting turns to inflict xx,000 damage with a commando instead.
Probably use Sab/Com/Com or Sab/Med/Com, since it'll get the job done quicker. If Yomi's supposed to be easier than Vercingetorix, then adding a Com into the Optima sets won't hurt.

Poison for Vercingetorix in FFXIII was originally suggested because he resets his Stagger gauge whenever he used Impenetrable Aura--so what was the point of taking the time to build up the Stagger gauge in the first place with a weaker party? Poison was a viable option because it took a lot of its HP down, and all you had to do was recast between the Auras.

RPGCrazied

The non-speakable NPCs in Academia have pretty shallow dialogue to be honest. "He's soooo cute", "I'm so bored", "I want to go home", etc.

Although there's one dialogue that made me lol in Bresha Ruins.

Male Soldier: "You're too pretty to be a man!"

I like how SE acknowledges that their male characters can look like pretty women.

My favorite "I forgot to go to the gym!"

jimmypython

What are her abilities?

forgot to analyze....but she seems a regular RAV to me, using Ruin a lot..

When Amoda jumped in, they started using paradigm shift...the difficulty increased a little bit when facing two of them (Amoda's continuous shooting, etc.) but still pretty easy..

RPGCrazied

When Amoda jumped in, they started using paradigm shift...the difficulty increased a little bit when facing two of them (Amoda's continuous shooting, etc.) but still pretty easy..

How long in total did it take you?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

They should've done something like this long time ago. I was honestly disappointed when I never had the opportunity to fight an opposing side where they used Paradigm Shifts. XIII could've used Yaag, Jill, and some random person for an awesome Paradigm Shifting Boss Fight. Meh, w/e.

Well easy enough that you can beat them if your only midway through the game? If you have to have beaten the game to use them then forget it. Whats the point?

They should've done something like this long time ago. I was honestly disappointed when I never had the opportunity to fight an opposing side where they used Paradigm Shifts. XIII could've used Yaag, Jill, and some random person for an awesome Paradigm Shifting Boss Fight. Meh, w/e.

That would have required them to be actual characters.

On second thought no it wouldn't. Light's captain was like in 1 scene and now hes a playable character.

Top Bottom