• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

To be honest I want the DLC to be kinda easy so that I can get them halfway through the game and actually use them as monsters throughout the game. That, to me, would be worth 3 euro.

This.

I wanted to actually use her in my game I'm playing right now. I wont be playing the game more than once so its completely useless to me if I can't do that. :(

So sad. :( I was really looking forward to it too.

If I'm paying for this thing shouldn't I be able to set my own difficulty? I don't care about the fight I just wanted her on my team.

GOOD GOD

I ended up going through all of the choices in the fight in
Augusta Tower 200AF. The same boss 5 times in a row Jesus Christ.

PK Gaming

Did the fight again. This time I tried to fight Amoda first when he jumped in. It was harder (first time I fought Lightning first).He can shift to a SEN with Lightning as a SYN, buffing him a lot. And even they used SEN/MED. Lightning was a pretty good MED too.

...!

Maybe these special DLC type monsters can change their role? It'd be awesome to have Lightning as my ace MED, SEN or SYN, you know to show the rookies how its done. I doubt they'll do this, but...

I have my fingers crossed.

PS: Will we have to feed Lightning & Amodar? XD

jimmypython

...!

Maybe these special DLC type monsters can change their role? It'd be awesome to have Lightning as my ace MED, SEN or SYN, you know to show the rookies how its done. I doubt they'll do this, but...

I have my fingers crossed.

PS: Will we have to feed Lightning & Amodar? XD

I haven't captured any still. But for what I heard, yes you have to feed them and no, they won't change role in player's party.

Oh thank you.

edit:
Theres another gate in Oerba 200AF?

Looks like I messed that up. There's a gate in
Augusta 200 AF that you need to activate, go to the elevator and there will be a floor you haven't visited yet. I believe it's floor 49 if I remember correctly. That will lead to Oerba 300 AF, then solve the puzzles there then use the gate to unlock Oerba 400 AF. You'll need 2 Wild Artefacts for the two gates required to get there. Here are all the wild artefact locations VIDEO

rybrad

Wow, I really thought people were being overly critical of the story but the longer it goes on the worse it gets.

I haven't been doing any monster infusion stuff. Will this matter later or am I good to go as long as my monster is leveled? The monster aspect is pretty uninteresting to me and I don't want to put in unnecessary effort.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Er... Any tips to battle
Caius Paradox? He's really difficult when soloing him with Serah/Noel.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Er... Any tips to battle
Caius Paradox? He's really difficult when soloing him with Serah/Noel.

Defend like crazy. Also try and debuff whenever you can.

Seriously, keep a defender out at almost all time, then heal when needed. Dual healing if necessary.

Looks like I messed that up. There's a gate in
Augusta 200 AF that you need to activate, go to the elevator and there will be a floor you haven't visited yet. I believe it's floor 49 if I remember correctly. That will lead to Oerba 300 AF, then solve the puzzles there then use the gate to unlock Oerba 400 AF. You'll need 2 Wild Artefacts for the two gates required to get there. Here are all the wild artefact locations VIDEO

Oh godammit, I have no more wild artifacts. I enjoying the game sooo much...

Bladenic

I'm at 128/160 fragments, and almost every paradox ending unlocked. I feel like I could probably get the platinum by this Friday since I have a relatively smooth school week. Definitely a much easier platinum than XIII's.

Also, the soundtrack is really amazing. All of the songs used in the final sequence of events, especially the final battle theme, are amazing. I kinda wish I would have kept my LE pre-order to get the soundtrack now. My most listened to track is undoubtedly Plains of Eternity. So goooood.

PK Gaming

Damn, how did I screw that up -_-

I'm actually pretty excited for this. It looks like Lightning herself has a bunch of new moves too, and Amodar is a champ.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
DLC doesn't really look worth it, imo... but I'm saying this as someone who isn't using monsters, so of course I wouldn't be the target audience for it upon reflection.

I have no idea how I should be leveling up monsters and don't know the first thing about infusion. I've just been getting new monsters and leveling them up blindly.

MechaX

Green Chocobo hunting right now. I guess after getting the Purple Chocobo on my first try, the game didn't want my luck going too strong.

It is annoying how you can't even really run away from even the slowest enemies. The developers might as well have just put in random encounters.

OK, everything was ok until I got to close gate tutorial, what exactly does this do, how come I can close a gate at one area and not the other?

Toki767

OK, everything was ok until I got to close gate tutorial, what exactly does this do, how come I can close a gate at one area and not the other?

It resets that world so you can replay the story but keep the progress. You need to get the right seal in order to close a gate.

Pooya

You need to find the key to that gate first before you can close it. It let you to replay the story portion in that area but the items/fragments you already got are not affected. You only need to do this for 100% the game after you beat it.

Well Yomi seems like the hardest thing ever... keep bringing up your impenetrable aura every 5 seconds asshole :(

Didn't poison stay on Vercingetorix through his aura in FFXIII? It's hard enough just getting it on Yomi, and it comes right off two seconds later when he puts up his aura. Ugh.

MechaX

Man, 2 hours and still trying to get this Green Chocobo. Meanwhile, I get Purple Chocobo and Albino Lobo on my first battles of even seeing them. Is there an item that increases capture link or am I looking only at Feral Links?

burgerdog

Man, 2 hours and still trying to get this Green Chocobo. Meanwhile, I get Purple Chocobo and Albino Lobo on my first battles of even seeing them. Is there an item that increases capture link or am I looking only at Feral Links?

There's a fragment that gives a higher chance to capture enemies. I don't know where you get it, though.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well Yomi seems like the hardest thing ever... keep bringing up your impenetrable aura every 5 seconds asshole :(

Didn't poison stay on Vercingetorix through his aura in FFXIII? It's hard enough just getting it on Yomi, and it comes right off two seconds later when he puts up his aura. Ugh.
It didn't. Hence, recast after each time he did that.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
With all this focus on collecting monsters and the amount of DLCs that will come to the Colosseum, I'm starting to think they have plans for XIII-3 and with it they'll also let us import our monsters deck from XIII-2... munble...

Uh... huh... well, somehow Yomi died. Serah had just died from that stupid tornado move and I switched to Salvation because Noel was sure to be next... Then a victory screen! I didn't think Yomi's HP was that low

I won't be doing that fight again for a long time. It's so annoying, it's not the good kind of hard

laika09

I had to kill Yomi like 20 times tonight to get enough Traps for the ATB+1 weapons...

Do you mean the Chaos Crystal (Odin) weapons?

MechaX

There's a fragment that gives a higher chance to capture enemies. I don't know where you get it, though.

I'll keep that in mind. Still didn't manage to get it and I'm going to call it quits for now. Since I pretty much cannot run away from any enemy in this area, I'm probably going to be horrifically overpowered as opposed to just normally overpowered when I get back to the main story. (for both characters, four roles are in the mid 70s).

see5harp

So let me get this straight....Lightning gives Serah the power to travel through time and control monsters in order to fix the space time continuum. Serah figures this all out by playing connect the dots in space to open an alternate reality where the intro cutscene is not fuzzy?

Mario007

This is probably a very stupid question but is everyone you fight (including maybe human soldiers or something like that) recruitable or is it just monsters?

zoukka

So let me get this straight....Lightning gives Serah the power to travel through time and control monsters in order to fix the space time continuum. Serah figures this all out by playing connect the dots in space to open an alternate reality where the intro cutscene is not fuzzy?

Is this real life! (Kingdom Hearts)

Top Bottom