• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Xevren

I don't know how but I got it on my very last hit against the final boss my first time playing. It was strange too cause the whole time my max damage was about 11k.

I had a hit on the last boss that was 99,998. Game was trolling me!

Got my first plat ever with this game. Had a fantastic time playing it.

Toki767

The highest I've seen was when I was fighting Long Gui. Was like 32kish or something.

That's weird. My characters weren't even that powerful since I rushed through the main quest in like 15 hours. Maybe you should just try refighting the boss and see if you can get it there.

I got the 99,999 damage trophy against the final boss my first try using Golden Chocobo's feral link - Kweh. Yeah, that's right, not with meteor javelin... I got 400% sync in that particular feral link

Cheska

Does anyone have experience with having a US account but trying to get foreign DLC to work? I got a pre order bonus pack from GAME and was hoping to use the PAL dlc on my US PSN account. Of course the code didn't work on my usual PSN name, so I tried it on my UK account with no issues. However, I was still hoping there was a way to access it on my main account like you can when you download demos/betas/games/etc.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Does anyone have experience with having a US account but trying to get foreign DLC to work? I got a pre order bonus pack from GAME and was hoping to use the PAL dlc on my US PSN account. Of course the code didn't work on my usual PSN name, so I tried it on my UK account with no issues. However, I was still hoping there was a way to access it on my main account like you can when you download demos/betas/games/etc.

Hmm, I wonder if the European DLC is region locked like the Japanese DLC is...

Zoe

My Japanese DLC works with my Japanese game on my US account.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't like the English VAs.

Is there a version I can pick up that has Japanese VA but English UI and subtitles?

Chinese verion. I think it's out already.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Serendipity is mind numbingly stupid. I'm at 950 rolls on "It's a hot summer's day" and I haven't won squat.

Bladenic

This final boss is a bitch on normal and higher on your first time through. What the hell man.

I was overleveled so it was no big challenge, though I imagine if you just go straight through the story it would be quite challenging. I remember hearing other people taking in excess of an hour for it.

Probably one of the most epic final bosses in any Final Fantasy game though.

xion4360

Serendipity is mind numbingly stupid. I'm at 950 rolls on "It's a hot summer's day" and I haven't won squat.

if your trying for the trophy havent hit a single jackpot within say 300 turns, exit the game and reload.. hit the machine again. I realized after trying slots for an annoying amount of time that if you get your first jackpot within 100 turns your better off than wasting much of your coins trying to hit the big 5K only to have spent the majority of your winnings already....i got lucky and hit 2 big jackpots pretty close to each other early on, and was able to make the rest of the coins I needed for the trophy racing chocobos.

The chocobo racing minigame is fine, but the slots are indeed stupid. I dont know why they think anyone would sit there and play slots when you very rarely win any decent amount of coins, certainly better off earning gil and exchanging that for coins. taping over a button and leaving it alone isnt gameplay. and I never got 3 black bars after like over 5000 turns

Neki

The one good thing about the boss fight I can say is that at least it didn't completely come out of nowhere like how Final Fantasy last boss fights usually are.

This isn't the last boss, the last boss is this random god that wishes to revert the world back to nothingness!

charmed699

Neo Member
Hey guys,

Quick heads up. Bought the DLC this morning with my European account. I'm in Canada for a while so playing the North American version and can confirm that the European DLC won't work on the North American version of the game.

It will just show a black screen when trying to get into the fight. It's like a soft lock as the music plays and it's possible to back out to the dashboard. Managed to buy the DLC from the Canadian marketplace and it worked fine. This is for the Xbox 360 version.

Hope it's of help to anyone in a similar situation.

Cheska

Ahahah hahaha oh God, I love how
screaming at Hope
was the right choice for one of the live triggers in Augusta Tower 200F. Also, was
Proto Adam supposed to be that easy? Both him and the behemoth were a joke in terms of difficulty.

screaming at Hope
was the right choice for one of the live triggers in Augusta Tower 200F. Also, was
Proto Adam supposed to be that easy? Both him and the behemoth were a joke in terms of difficulty.

Yeah, they were ridiculously easy. I was amused and annoyed that screaming at Hope was the right answer, because that's the LAST answer that I picked.

Raxus

screaming at Hope

Yeah, I handled them with no trouble either. There is a harder version you can unlock after you beat the game for Adam.

What monsters do you infuse to your main team? I think the Goblin 'Ace' seems to be the best since he has a 20% ATK and MAG increase.

laika09

Yeah, I handled them with no trouble either. There is a harder version you can unlock after you beat the game for Adam.

What monsters do you infuse to your main team? I think the Goblin 'Ace' seems to be the best since he has a 20% ATK and MAG increase.

Tonberry gets 35% atk/mag.

Tonberry gets 35% atk/mag.

DAMN I thought the 20% was highest. I leveled up a monster with 20% just to infuse it into Lightning.
Oh well, game is easy anyway and I already have the plat. I turned the game on again today planning to farm Yomi for trapezohedrons and just didn't see the point =P

Oh, and speaking of the final boss
why was there no epic cinematic action for that boss? Actually, they pretty much ditched cinematic action for the rest of the game after Zenobia... I actually like those parts and was hoping the final boss had it. The final boss does have the best boss music ever, though.

Man, sometimes Noel's dialogue and delivery sounds so natural (the latter moreso than the former). I really wasn't expecting to like him this much.

Oh, and speaking of the final boss
why was there no epic cinematic action for that boss? Actually, they pretty much ditched cinematic action for the rest of the game after Zenobia... I actually like those parts and was hoping the final boss had it. The final boss does have the best boss music ever, though.

Yeah I noticed they cut a bit of cinematic action sequence before release too. I believe Caius was supposed to have another one with Noel and Serah. See here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr2cEyAyhCI#t=1m38s

And now look at the game it awkwardly cuts to the next scene which is the "You'll think this'll make Yuel happy?" bit. See...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLWuNXWekgY#t=8m24s

Yeah I noticed they cut a bit of cinematic action sequence before release too. I believe Caius was supposed to have another one with Noel and Serah. See here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr2cEyAyhCI#t=1m38s

And now look at the game it awkwardly cuts to the next scene which is the "You'll think this'll make Yuel happy?" bit. See...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLWuNXWekgY#t=8m24s

Wow, yeah, they did cut that out. That makes me wonder what else was cut... and why

laika09

Man, sometimes Noel's dialogue and delivery sounds so natural (the latter moreso than the former). I really wasn't expecting to like him this much.

I thought the two leads had fantastic voice acting this time around. Some of the supporting cast, not so much...
Hope :\

burgerdog

Any guides with a full answers to quiz questions? I just spent 30 minutes continuously failing one with an incomplete guide. Also, I always picked the wrong one for heads/tails and evens/odds, so lame.

hamchan

So, after finishing up chapter 3, my like for Noel has increased greatly. Why?

Because he also hates that asshole Snow

Toki767

So, after finishing up chapter 3, my like for Noel has increased greatly. Why?

Because he also hates that asshole Snow

Haha. It's really amazing how well developed Noel is as a character. I thought they did a pretty good job telling his background later on too.

Yeah, I'd have to say that Noel and Caius.... I love them. Thoughts after beating the game:

They both had perfectly selected English voice actors. Caius wasn't a lame villain, either. He's honestly the least cheesy JRPG villain that I've seen in a LONG, LONG time. I could actually sympathize with him, and I didn't feel like he was completely wrong, just a bit misguided. He's one of the biggest surprises I got out of the game, the other being...

Noel! Noel is actually one of my favorite JRPG characters ever now. He's pretty awesome, and I would have liked a XIII-length story with him as the main rather than a 20 hour adventure, but I don't mind. I went in expecting to hate him, honestly. Something about him didn't strike me as anything special at first... plus I really disliked his weapon, but now I couldn't imagine it without him, especially with his back story being as good as it is.

Any guides with a full answers to quiz questions? I just spent 30 minutes continuously failing one with an incomplete guide. Also, I always picked the wrong one for heads/tails and evens/odds, so lame.

I swear there's a pattern for the random questions. It's different for each terminal, but the right answer stays the same... for example, if it asks you left (square) or right (circle) and the correct answer is circle, and then asks you the same question later but the button prompts are triangle and X instead, RIGHT (which was the correct answer last time) may not be sitting on the "correct" button prompt. For some terminals, if the correct button prompt was circle the first time, it would be X the next time, for some terminals the opposite was correct...

Yes, I spent a lot of time doing the quizzes...

Esura

Banned
I don't think their production budget for this game was high to begin with. The FMVs are still very top notch though.

They also developed it in a short span of time....which is very telling in the game itself.

And yes the FMVs are dope. I wish there were more. I love the FMVs in FF games. I look forward to them in each FF game like a kid looks under the tree for presents on Christmas. Should of spent more time developing this. I'm willing to wait for quality.

Gregorn

I stopped playing at 12 hours of game-play, couldn't take it anymore. The game is depressing and everything is emo to the extreme. The story is just bad. How can a company that creates a masterpiece like FFVII publish this trash? Did they all become twilight fans?
Helpful?7 of 10 users said yes

Combat still unimaginative, the game plays by itself, just flashy battles. How about some real fighting. Not here. Square Enix is just milking the fanbase. The fanbase of neckbeards that like little girls with pink hair

Why did they make this game? Nobody asked for this game. Yet FFX-2 was made because everybody loved FFX. Those who pretend to be FF fans and liked FF13-2 are not true FF fans, real FF fans only care about story, gameplay and soundtrack.

<3 Metacritic

Esura

Banned
I guess I'm a "real FF fan" then going by that third quote cause I like FFXIII-2 for all the stuff he listed that "real FF fans" care about.

Reading Metacritic User Score comments can kill the brain cells.

Top Bottom