• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Any idea who did the outfits for XIII and XIII-2?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Toki767

Maybe that's why the Long Gui fight was taking so long for me. My yellow chocob was a level 45 com, but only had 294 attack, lol

My Chichu has 1220!

I need a Chichu. Except I've kind of lost all motivation to do a lot of the after game stuff. I did do all the Oerba stuff though. Which was fun, if not somewhat brainless. Connect the dots are not puzzles.

RS4-

Ugh, three achievements left, the chocobo walking one, clockstopper and the one you get for all trophies.

Then I can finally stop playing this game.

Toki767

Ugh, three achievements left, the chocobo walking one, clockstopper and the one you get for all trophies.

Those aren't difficult at least. Just time consuming. For clockstopper you can retry 100 times to make it easy if you don't want to do the battles.

Carbonox

Uh...I got a Chichu and the legendary Chichu, most powerful COM monster in the game, is a little...plant creature? WTF

What's the best COM that doesn't look like a piece of poo? I'm currently repping a Behemoth atm which is pretty darn strong but would love something more powerful but also has the badass looks. :p

Don't get me wrong, I'll still level up the Chichu though but it would feel awkward having the little guy be my main brute. "brute" and "little guy"... :lol

xion4360

set the game speed to high and wrap a cord or band around the analog stick while riding a chocobo. just jump off after a few minutes, like 15 or so to be sure. and for the clock stopper, go to bresha ruins 5 af where chocolina and a gate are by the water, set the game to more enemies and and stronger enemies off and just run around.. you encounter and kill monsters really quickly and these dont run when they spawn should be easy to get them.

Can someone explain to me how monster infusion works? I have yet to even try it out and I'm near the end of the game.

You can carry over up to 10 passive abilities to another monster and some role abilities (like Commando can carry over Ruin to another Commando)

xion4360

Can I carry over rol abilities and passive abilities gained by infusion to other monsters?

Yeah, but some abilities have a lock on them, these cant be carried over. Im not entirely sure about this, but there are red and yellow locks. I think yellow locked abilities can be exchanged but not carried over.

Lain

Since Game.uk fucked up and canceled my pre-order I put in last October because they were out of stock of crystal edition, I need to order a copy again.
I have to decide between limited edition and normal edition+steelbook. I already have the Limited OST, so would the rest of the content of the Limited be worth it compared to getting the steelbook?

Anyone that can offer a suggestion in regard to the content of the limited (artbook, postcards etc) vs the content of the steelbook (novel, downloadable stuff etc)?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Anyone have a good Gold/Silver Chocobo build lying around?

Also, monsters in my party are causing battles to end faster than a two-member party, so I'm not getting adequate numbers for the Feral Link/Synchrodrive trophy. Perhaps I should switch to an Optima where everyone is a Sen and just wait for the Synchrodrive to fill up and just use it. This trophy's a pain in the butt. :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
All the bonus themes you can unlock:

tm1.jpg

The theme you get for Platinum trophy:

thm2.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I like the platinum theme of XIII-2 more than XIII's (you get the Serah Theme).

The icons look nice. That's about all I like from the theme though.

Icons were used in the old XIII themes. :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
LOL, they're using the same icons as the XIII themes?

Probably going to stick with m0dus's Sonic CD theme a little longer. I kinda wanted to use the Noel one, but the icons aren't very creative.

ULTROS!

I like the icons so even not changing them is totally fine by me.

By the way, the Mog theme is kinda cute. :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I always thought the icons were kind of lazy... also no dynamic theme is a big missed opportunity on SE's part.

That and PSN icons.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I like the icons so even not changing them is totally fine by me.

By the way, the Mog theme is kinda cute. :p
I'm sad to say that FFXIII-2 Mog and I don't really mix well.

Mog's English voice and how it's so different in tone and timbre from the natural Japanese kupos, and also his dialogue/behaviour in the game makes me want to throw Mog off a cliff (which I can thankfully do). Why does Mog speak with so many nasal consonants and nasalized vowels in the English version? I wonder if the voice director thought that sort of thing was cute.

Game needs more Stiltzkin and FFVI Mog. -_-

Nemesis_

I have 100% explored Academia but the woman won't let me hand the map in in order to give me my final fragment.

What gives? Anyone know of this problem?

burgerdog

I used a Japanese guide, lol
But the official strategy guide also has them.

I was using an incomplete guide yesterday. It did not go well, I spent 30-45 minutes and didn't even complete the one terminal i was trying. I have the ce guide...must not open it!

turnbuckle

Haven't posted in this thread yet since I don't want to get spoiled on anything and I haven't been able to play it as much as I'd like. Just wanted to say I'm enjoying playing this more than I expected. My only gripes thus far are the loading times between areas, CP scaling seems messed up (feel like some early accessible zones give too much CP), and I loathe secrets/sidequests/rare items that pretty much only can be found with the use of a strategy guide.

There were a few monsters that I was determined to recruit (looking at you navidon) that were so stingy I easily ended up going through a full round or two of Crystarium before it dropped. This left me more developed than I should be and already I'm worried that unless I deliberately avoid every battle from here on out that I'll have my roles all maxed before finishing the game and I haven't even received an accessory that doubles CP rate. I'd prefer each CP sphere to give better class specific bonuses (+3 instead of +2, for example), but require maybe 50-75% more CP per level. Knowing my characters are almost already maxed out makes me less excited about DLC.

Anywho, after a first play through knowing there are ways to improve monster drop rates pretty early on I'll definitely play through the game again and speed through to get those as quickly as possible. This game is a ton of fun, just wish there was more to it (content and challenge).

ULTROS!

What guide did you use for the quiz answers?

I used this: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/fi...ar-quiz-machines-questions-answers-guide.html

Mog's English voice and how it's so different in tone and timbre from the natural Japanese kupos, and also his dialogue/behaviour in the game makes me want to throw Mog off a cliff (which I can thankfully do). Why does Mog speak with so many nasal consonants and nasalized vowels in the English version? I wonder if the voice director thought that sort of thing was cute.

You know, if the mogs talked in the older FFs, we'd probably get annoyed too. :p
The chocobos are probably one of the few creatures we can't get annoyed at at all.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Nomura only designed the characters faces in both XIII . He had nothing to do with costume design.

Source? I remember a page inside Ultimania were a sketch of Light is shown, and to me seems clearly the hands of T.Nomura at work. I'm not sure about Snow though. I think he did some of the six main characters, but he obviously didn't touch any characters outside of it.

I thought Nomura fully designed FFXIII's Lightning, Fang, Vanille, Sazh and Hope?

That's exactly what I remember.

turnbuckle

Oh, I forgot about Mog for a minute kupo. The worst part of the game by far, kupo, is the voice acting and dialogue of Mog, kupo.

Top Bottom